AZ Promises Rap Game Face Lift, "Nas, You Think They Ready?"

most viewed right now
LIVENATION cancels Jeremih from the rest of his touring...
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - America Today, In Cartoons...
11 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Punches Kangaroo To Save Dog
60 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Would you bang this chick?
29 comments
@misc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-07-2011, 05:50 PM         #61
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 damion_mob_30 said:
This should have happened years ago!! Im afraid they may have waited too dayumn long!! SMH
I hope not, sh*t is goona be dope as longs as it pans out.
 5 years ago '07        #62
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
space
$11,813 | Props total: 247 247
good look..
 5 years ago '05        #63
alkoholyck 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,087 | Props total: 33 33
 N.O.4Life said:
This.

Jay would hold his down but Ye wouldn't stand a chance
AZ's one of my top 3 favorite rappers ever, with Nas in my top 3 also. But AZ just doesn't have it anymore. There's a reason he's retiring. He lost a step after AWOL. His lyrics aren't half as dense anymore, he doesn't even really use a multi-syllable rhyme pattern (which in his prime, he was IMO the best the rap game has ever seen at using), and his flow went from amazing to lazy.

Jay and Kanye's sh*t is gonna be overhyped as hell, but will still probably be pretty damn good. Kanye is coming off the arguable album of the decade, versus AZ coming off a terrible swan song album in Doe or Die 2.

This sh*t is about ten years too late unfortunately...
 5 years ago '05        #64
alkoholyck 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,087 | Props total: 33 33
 RYLNYC said:
A Nas/AZ album would be the perfect Queens' answer to "Watch The Throne" -- with a couple Cormega features? My life would be complete.

I thought AZ was retiring though. Sounds like someone needs some money.
Uhh, except AZ is from Brooklyn.
 5 years ago '05        #65
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,448 | Props total: 124 124
 alkoholyck said:
AZ's one of my top 3 favorite rappers ever, with Nas in my top 3 also. But AZ just doesn't have it anymore. There's a reason he's retiring. He lost a step after AWOL. His lyrics aren't half as dense anymore, he doesn't even really use a multi-syllable rhyme pattern (which in his prime, he was IMO the best the rap game has ever seen at using), and his flow went from amazing to lazy.

Jay and Kanye's sh*t is gonna be overhyped as hell, but will still probably be pretty damn good. Kanye is coming off the arguable album of the decade, versus AZ coming off a terrible swan song album in Doe or Die 2.

Album of the decade? Do you remember what came out from 2000-2010? MBDTF isn't even top 20 probably.

Back to AZ though, he does seem to have lost a step but this might revitalize him, and Doe or Die 2 hasn't come out yet so I don't know what you're talking about when you say it's a terrible swan song when it hasn't even happened yet.
 5 years ago '04        #66
The Majestic 
space
space
$3,850 | Props total: 12 12
Firm would be cool.........Nas Az Mega Nature Foxy Dre.......hopefully after Nas next solo album life is good...
 5 years ago '04        #67
Ghostface08 19 heat pts19
space
space
$626 | Props total: 1 1

[video - click to view]

AZ may have lost a step, but I wouldnt say he fell off. This n*gga can still flow
 5 years ago '11        #68
spittapilottalk 44 heat pts44
space
space
$7,054 | Props total: 0 0
az is coming off the wack a.ss doe or die 2 that hasn't been released?

yo, this has become such a regular occurrence on boxden
 5 years ago '05        #69
Basicgz 
space
space
$5,421 | Props total: 718 718
For a AZ & Nas Album to work they have to have L.E.S on majority of production & maybe Premo & Pete Rock on 1 or 2 joints. It has to be short I'm thinking maybe 6-8 tracks. I would rather it be independent but I dunno how that would workout as Nas being a major label artist. I would say have no features but wouldnt be mad if Raekwon & Ghostface made an appearance, Cormega or The Lox (Pretty Random ) & last but not least this may be a shot in the dark since they've been so far removed from this style but they have to be on that vintage mafiaso rap they used to be known for, if they not on that type of style then a collab album between the 2 would seem kinda pointless unless every song is close to the calibur of "Life's A bi*ch"
 5 years ago '04        #70
silentmurder2 1 heat pts
space
space
$674 | Props total: 0 0

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #71
socal511 9 heat pts
space
space
space
$489 | Props total: 104 104
Az said he was looking for production by kanye. He said he just had to wait til kanye finishes what hes doing now
 5 years ago '06        #72
DrockSteady 44 heat pts44
space
space
$5,974 | Props total: 1 1
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
just dont let AZ pick the beats
so you think Nas can pick better beats than AZ?

5 years ago '06        #73
jaycee 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$9,141 | Props total: 200 200
he aint getting no kanye..
 5 years ago '06        #74
space
space
 Rhyme n Tekniq said:
i wouldnt mind a few features from Sean Price, Nature, and possibly Kool G too
seriously tho!?

i would rather have Kool G Rap ont heir album than Nature and Sean P. and i like all 3 of them.

it would be dope if Mega, Prodigy, Kool G. all had a guest spot on the album, not all on the same track, just an appearance on the album
 08-07-2011, 08:04 PM         #75
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this the first time nas spoke to A in years...a album not coming, nas come out every five years with AZ and promise a song or album and then disappear
 5 years ago '09        #76
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$46,622 | Props total: 6006 6006
 DrockSteady said:
so you think Nas can pick better beats than AZ?

Nas beat selection on his last 2 albums was on point, people who criticize nas beat selection ain't real nas fans, the last nas album their heard was Street Disciples
 5 years ago '06        #77
space
space
 ash1990 said:

Nas beat selection on his last 2 albums was on point, people who criticize nas beat selection ain't real nas fans, the last nas album their heard was Street Disciples
so im not a real nas fan cuz i think he could easily pick better beats?

Mega picks better beats than Nas.

Nas lyricism allows him to get away with poor beat selection, its just that simple.

if he wasnt as nice as he is you would skip A LOT of his songs 30 sec into it. theres no denying it.

Nas is in my top 10 of all time
 5 years ago '07        #78
N.O.4Life 27 heat pts27
space
space
$16,442 | Props total: 3695 3695
 alkoholyck said:

Its true AZ have lost a step,but let's speak the truth between us,Az would smash Ye on his worst day...lol.Ye is Average at best far as lyrics.He's only considered nice cause he's a great Producer.Plus I would bet my last dollar that AZ would step it up a whole lot if him and esco was to do a full album together.
 5 years ago '06        #79
space
space
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
you fu*kin right... AZs beat selection after "pieces of a man" has for the most part been HORRIBLE.

And please name all these bad beats nas has.. cause i guarantee every weak track you name i can name AT LEAST 2 bangers for it
how bout i bring up Nastradamus as a whole?

how many good songs did it have? 7 at most?
 5 years ago '06        #80
space
space
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
life we chose
some of us have angels [not the best but isnt terrible]
project window
life we chose was one of the few good tracks as a whole on that album

so youre gonna say A.W.O.L. and The Format had horrible beat selection?

Aziatic had a few bad beats.

even one of my personal favorites I Am... had whack beats, Nas doesnt pick the best beats its simple.

and like i said Mega picks better beats than Nas.

a lot of rappers pick better beats than Nas.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
143 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
130 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
53 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Short niggas take a L. What else is new?
131 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Las Vegas math teacher - smash or pass
103 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If you could have a threesome with 2...who would u pick?
113 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Plano High School Curriculum: Beer Pong & Algebra Teacher Puzzy
82 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Woman makes husband lose it after convincing him she's adopted wild co..
94 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy