AZ Promises Rap Game Face Lift, "Nas, You Think They Ready?"

most viewed right now
NFL Reporter that outed Cam, back reporting. Players visibly uncomfortable wi..
98 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
After you die, your brain knows you’re dead, terrifying study reveals
56 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside The Game Responds to Allegations That He Got 15-Year-Old Girl Pregnan..
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 19 - College student arrested for putting toilet water in her room..
45 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #61
alkoholyck 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,099 | Props total: 41 41
 N.O.4Life said:
This.

Jay would hold his down but Ye wouldn't stand a chance
AZ's one of my top 3 favorite rappers ever, with Nas in my top 3 also. But AZ just doesn't have it anymore. There's a reason he's retiring. He lost a step after AWOL. His lyrics aren't half as dense anymore, he doesn't even really use a multi-syllable rhyme pattern (which in his prime, he was IMO the best the rap game has ever seen at using), and his flow went from amazing to lazy.

Jay and Kanye's sh*t is gonna be overhyped as hell, but will still probably be pretty damn good. Kanye is coming off the arguable album of the decade, versus AZ coming off a terrible swan song album in Doe or Die 2.

This sh*t is about ten years too late unfortunately...
 6 years ago '05        #62
alkoholyck 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,099 | Props total: 41 41
 RYLNYC said:
A Nas/AZ album would be the perfect Queens' answer to "Watch The Throne" -- with a couple Cormega features? My life would be complete.

I thought AZ was retiring though. Sounds like someone needs some money.
Uhh, except AZ is from Brooklyn.
 6 years ago '05        #63
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
 alkoholyck said:
AZ's one of my top 3 favorite rappers ever, with Nas in my top 3 also. But AZ just doesn't have it anymore. There's a reason he's retiring. He lost a step after AWOL. His lyrics aren't half as dense anymore, he doesn't even really use a multi-syllable rhyme pattern (which in his prime, he was IMO the best the rap game has ever seen at using), and his flow went from amazing to lazy.

Jay and Kanye's sh*t is gonna be overhyped as hell, but will still probably be pretty damn good. Kanye is coming off the arguable album of the decade, versus AZ coming off a terrible swan song album in Doe or Die 2.

Album of the decade? Do you remember what came out from 2000-2010? MBDTF isn't even top 20 probably.

Back to AZ though, he does seem to have lost a step but this might revitalize him, and Doe or Die 2 hasn't come out yet so I don't know what you're talking about when you say it's a terrible swan song when it hasn't even happened yet.
 6 years ago '04        #64
The Majestic 
space
space
$3,859 | Props total: 19 19
Firm would be cool.........Nas Az Mega Nature Foxy Dre.......hopefully after Nas next solo album life is good...
 6 years ago '04        #65
Ghostface08 19 heat pts19
space
space
$626 | Props total: 1 1

[video - click to view]

AZ may have lost a step, but I wouldnt say he fell off. This n*gga can still flow
 6 years ago '11        #66
spittapilottalk 44 heat pts44
space
space
$7,054 | Props total: 0 0
az is coming off the wack a.ss doe or die 2 that hasn't been released?

yo, this has become such a regular occurrence on boxden
 6 years ago '05        #67
Basicgz 
space
space
$5,643 | Props total: 1309 1309
For a AZ & Nas Album to work they have to have L.E.S on majority of production & maybe Premo & Pete Rock on 1 or 2 joints. It has to be short I'm thinking maybe 6-8 tracks. I would rather it be independent but I dunno how that would workout as Nas being a major label artist. I would say have no features but wouldnt be mad if Raekwon & Ghostface made an appearance, Cormega or The Lox (Pretty Random ) & last but not least this may be a shot in the dark since they've been so far removed from this style but they have to be on that vintage mafiaso rap they used to be known for, if they not on that type of style then a collab album between the 2 would seem kinda pointless unless every song is close to the calibur of "Life's A bi*ch"
 6 years ago '04        #68
silentmurder2 1 heat pts
space
space
$674 | Props total: 0 0

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '11        #69
socal511 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$635 | Props total: 519 519
Az said he was looking for production by kanye. He said he just had to wait til kanye finishes what hes doing now
 6 years ago '06        #70
DrockSteady 44 heat pts44
space
space
$5,974 | Props total: 2 2
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
just dont let AZ pick the beats
so you think Nas can pick better beats than AZ?

6 years ago '06        #71
jaycee 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$9,278 | Props total: 672 672
he aint getting no kanye..
 6 years ago '06        #72
space
space
 Rhyme n Tekniq said:
i wouldnt mind a few features from Sean Price, Nature, and possibly Kool G too
seriously tho!?

i would rather have Kool G Rap ont heir album than Nature and Sean P. and i like all 3 of them.

it would be dope if Mega, Prodigy, Kool G. all had a guest spot on the album, not all on the same track, just an appearance on the album
 08-07-2011, 07:04 PM         #73
DrX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this the first time nas spoke to A in years...a album not coming, nas come out every five years with AZ and promise a song or album and then disappear
 6 years ago '09        #74
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$48,910 | Props total: 8669 8669
 DrockSteady said:
so you think Nas can pick better beats than AZ?

Nas beat selection on his last 2 albums was on point, people who criticize nas beat selection ain't real nas fans, the last nas album their heard was Street Disciples
 6 years ago '06        #75
space
space
 ash1990 said:

Nas beat selection on his last 2 albums was on point, people who criticize nas beat selection ain't real nas fans, the last nas album their heard was Street Disciples
so im not a real nas fan cuz i think he could easily pick better beats?

Mega picks better beats than Nas.

Nas lyricism allows him to get away with poor beat selection, its just that simple.

if he wasnt as nice as he is you would skip A LOT of his songs 30 sec into it. theres no denying it.

Nas is in my top 10 of all time
 6 years ago '07        #76
N.O.4Life 39 heat pts39
space
space
$18,650 | Props total: 8862 8862
 alkoholyck said:

Its true AZ have lost a step,but let's speak the truth between us,Az would smash Ye on his worst day...lol.Ye is Average at best far as lyrics.He's only considered nice cause he's a great Producer.Plus I would bet my last dollar that AZ would step it up a whole lot if him and esco was to do a full album together.
 6 years ago '06        #77
space
space
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
you fu*kin right... AZs beat selection after "pieces of a man" has for the most part been HORRIBLE.

And please name all these bad beats nas has.. cause i guarantee every weak track you name i can name AT LEAST 2 bangers for it
how bout i bring up Nastradamus as a whole?

how many good songs did it have? 7 at most?
 6 years ago '06        #78
space
space
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
life we chose
some of us have angels [not the best but isnt terrible]
project window
life we chose was one of the few good tracks as a whole on that album

so youre gonna say A.W.O.L. and The Format had horrible beat selection?

Aziatic had a few bad beats.

even one of my personal favorites I Am... had whack beats, Nas doesnt pick the best beats its simple.

and like i said Mega picks better beats than Nas.

a lot of rappers pick better beats than Nas.
 6 years ago '10        #79
UrbanLife 
space
space
space
$539 | Props total: 36 36
People who bring up Nas' beat selections for the past decade HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE TO HATE ON NAS ABOUT MUSICALLY...so they REPEAT the BEAT THEORY SYNDROM in a VERY sad ATTEMPT to HATE! Nastradamus is over a decade old and Nas has made several albums afterwards full of nice beats....haters stay pressed to find reasons to hate. What part of AZ's tweet mentioned that he and Nas were doing an album together or do people just make up their own theories about sh*t?

Last edited by UrbanLife; 08-07-2011 at 07:31 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #80
space
space
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
i accidentally hit submit lol

but....

life we chose
project window
come get me
shoot em up
last words
family
God love us [not great but far from the wrost]
quiet n*ggas
new world

and its only got 15 songs and 2 of em are intro/outro

Like i said a couple bullsh*t tracks.. but over all far from terrible

ahah its all good.

but the funny thing is aside from DJ Premier beats what good beats do you have? i say that cuz Premo NEVER comes weak.

exclude the lyrics cuz that has nothing to do with the beat selection...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thats Too Much Woman For U Charlie, Gonna Have To Share Her Around A Bit
33 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Demi Rose Busts Out
111 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 18 - Former Wharton Professor: 'Trump Was the Dumbest G*ddamn Stud..
86 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Cute or Ugly? You decide....
92 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
She Said She Ya Fav Thick Chick
27 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Video of Jeremy Lin knee injury
217 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Comedian Godfrey is a SAVAGE!!!!!!!
64 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Heath Ledger Got Christian Bale To Actually Punch Him While Shooting ..
28 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy