Jay Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne [Official Discussion Thread] #WatchTheThrone

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
117 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
28 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
62 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #1461
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,484 | Props total: 17038 17038

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #1462
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,898 | Props total: 1141 1141
1. No Church In The Wild: good song, not really feeling the frank ocean hook though, decent album opener though. 3.5/5

2. Lift Off: This sh*t is horribe. Worst song on the album by far. The chorus is corny and typical. And the verses....my god......yeezy and jay .....da fu*k is going on with jays voice? I feel like he was embarassed of the song cause he was rapping for a good 6 seconds before he peaced out. 1/5

3. n*ggas In Paris: sick club banger. beat is AWESOME. hook catchy as fu*k hook, heavy rotation in the whip type song 4.5/5

4. Otis: I dont like this song at all, the video made me appreciate it more, but i completely agree with Chuck D on this about the content. and the beat is HORRIBLE. worst kanye beat of all time. 3/5

5. Gotta Have It: nice song, wish it was longer...4/5

6. New Day: easily the best song on the album. best kanye verse in recent memory for me. sick concept..BEST BEAT ON THE ALBUM RZA k!lled it. this is my biggest complaint about jay. I wish he would make more songs like this, songs with actual MEANING....REAL CONTENT....5/5

7. Thats My bi*ch: good banger, love the sample...4/5

8. Welcome to The Jungle: I hate this song, prolly cause swizz's and his little hook and adlibs, WHATS WITH JAYS FLOW ON THIS?? this what im talking about, the dude is ruining the flow with these pauses 2/5

9. Who Gon Stop Me: Epic track, dope sample, alot of my hippy dub step friends were mad cause its pretty much the same beat as the original, the way I see it Kanye made a good song better, this will probably be a single, great club/whip song 4.5/5

10. murder to Excellence: Good song, but to me it went from being dope to another song about jay bragging about how rich he is? yeah i understand they overcame the hood and sh*t to become rich and famous but it just seems like this song could have been so much more. 3.5/5

11. Made in America: One of my least favorite songs on the album. I know what they are going for but it just doesnt work IMO. The beat is whack a.ss hell IMO, the hook is corny...and its just a corny a.ss song 2/5

12. Why I Love You: second favorite song on the album, absolute fire. this beat and sample ....and Jay k!lled it...favortie jay song in along time...poor Beans man 5/5

13. Illest Motherfu*ker Alive: this shouldnt have been a bonus track. this beat is on a whole nother level of ridiculous...FIRE...love the "I need a slow motion video sh*t right now" hook 5/5

14. HAM:..... 1/5

15. Primetime: not really feeling this song at all, it feels like its a throwaway track and i can see why they added it as a bonus. 2/5

16. The Joy: I can not understand the reasoning for leaving this song off the album. 5/5 CLassic song, nuff said.

Overall it was a good album, the production really carried it because some of the times the content and lyrics and (JAYS FLOW) were really lacking...It was a bit of a dissapointment because these are two legends who you almost would expect their collabaration to result in a classic or close to classic album. The fact they had "Lift Off" on there is what blows my mind the most, then again they are probably gonna release it as a single ...I wish these dudes would try to stay away from songs about how much money and "swag" they got, and make more joints like "New Day" and "I Love You So"...

Still this album had a a handful of standout CLASSIC tracks that will stay on repeat, at least for me, for some time to come....and some of these beats are too hot

overall 3.43/5

Last edited by 1LynguisticMind; 08-13-2011 at 11:44 AM..
 6 years ago '09        #1463
BrooklynStiles 82 heat pts82
space
space
$10,432 | Props total: 8506 8506
is this off the first listen?
 6 years ago '07        #1464
space
space
Ive listented to it a good 5 or 6 times in the car
 6 years ago '05        #1465
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
I agree with most of this sh*t. But yea that Beyonce joint is terrible. Its one more listen away from being permanently deleted. I liked HAM though that's a 4/5 from me. That sh*t get me pumped when I'm playing my online FPS or hitting up the treadmill
 6 years ago '08        #1466
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,793 | Props total: 12452 12452
How does one come up with the figure 3.43

Album is at least a 4/5
 6 years ago '07        #1467
space
space
math bruh, thats the average of all my scores for each track
 6 years ago '10        #1468
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 86 86
murder to Excellence only a 3.5/5?

Best song on the album...
 6 years ago '07        #1469
space
space
^ no way mayne not for me,

New Day, The Joy, Why I Love You > murder 4 Excellence
 6 years ago '07        #1470
space
space
 Sticks said:
horrible review

08-13-2011, 11:39 AM         #1471
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
respect.

i gotta disagree with No Church though, the best off WTT imo
 6 years ago '05        #1472
murdmon 4 heat pts
space
space
$800 | Props total: 2 2
dont agree
 6 years ago '07        #1473
space
space
 murdmon said:
dont agree
you one of those dudes who think its a classic huh
 6 years ago '11        #1474
apexape 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,093 | Props total: 1335 1335
the concept of new day is great, off first listen i thought that sh*t was genius, but then on third and fourth listen. sh*ts not as exciting as the first time anymore and honestly it got kinda boring, i only listen to it for the lil a.ss hook,

" me and the rza connect "

sh*ts kinda catchy
 6 years ago '09        #1475
klm1015 10 heat pts10
space
space
$5,689 | Props total: 189 189
This is a horrible review.
Its obviously a Jay hater.
When an album named "Watch the Throne" drops should I really expect conscious raps?
No its a declaration of their stronghold on music, and hip hop.
Rating is close to right but the reasoning is just on some hater sh*t
 6 years ago '05        #1476
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,871 | Props total: 8391 8391
 Mocking Mind said:
murder to Excellence only a 3.5/5?

Best song on the album...
he didnt get jay's last verse...do disrespect thread starter but it looks like jay may have went over your head on that one if you think he's bragging. and you guys beg for lyricism, jay gives you crazy wordplay and double entrandres out the a.ss on his last verse...i dont get how you cant love the message of that verse
 6 years ago '09        #1477
BrooklynStiles 82 heat pts82
space
space
$10,432 | Props total: 8506 8506
 1LynguisticMind said:
Ive listented to it a good 5 or 6 times in the car
i asked because tracks like "murder for excellence", "new day"...etc. don't really grasp you in the first listen. to appreciate them you gotta really listen .

Now please, domino, domino
Only spot a few blacks the higher I go...
I’m all dressed up with nowhere to go

[pic - click to view]

jay uses dominos to explain class and race hierarchy. the black spots are called pips. the person with the least amount of pips has the HIGHER score. this is how you win

the higher hov rises in status and wealth, the fewer blacks he sees until he is almost totally surrounded by white (people)

hince: "i'm all dressed up with no where to go" (the whites on his level don't want his blackass, but his black lower-level friends don't want his rich a.ss) hov is waiting for more of us (black people) to get to his level of success to celebrate w/ him. 'till then hes alone.

Last edited by BrooklynStiles; 08-13-2011 at 12:27 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #1478
Giovanni Cassa 48 heat pts48
space
space
$3,829 | Props total: 219 219
New Day>>>
 6 years ago '07        #1479
space
space
 StateProperty88 said:
he didnt get jay's last verse...do disrespect thread starter but it looks like jay may have went over your head on that one if you think he's bragging. and you guys beg for lyricism, jay gives you crazy wordplay and double entrandres out the a.ss on his last verse...i dont get how you cant love the message of that verse
guess i have to relisten
 6 years ago '05        #1480
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,871 | Props total: 8391 8391
 BrookLynnStiles said:
i asked because tracks like "murder for excellence", "new day"...etc. don't really grasp you in the first listen. to appreciate them you gotta really listen .

[pic - click to view]

jay uses dominos to explain class and race hierarchy. the black spots are called pips. the person with the least amount of pips has the HIGHER score. this is how you win

the higher hov rises in status and wealth, the fewer blacks he sees until he is almost totally surrounded by white (people)

hince: "i'm all dressed up with no where to go" (the whites on his level don't want his blackass, but his black lower-level friends don't want his rich a.ss) hov is waiting for more of us (black people) to get to his level of success to celebrate w/ him. 'till then hes alone.

my favorite part of the song, and probably the album...that sh*t was a call to arms for black people real talk

edit: also why he said "kick in the door" saying to black people BE PROACTIVE, motherfu*kers wont let you win, or keep you down, you have to push through that sh*t

Last edited by StateProperty88; 08-13-2011 at 12:31 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
65 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy