Jay Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne [Official Discussion Thread] #WatchTheThrone

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
21 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
75 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
40 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
76 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-11-2011, 01:47 AM         #1441
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 6 years ago '06        #1442
teh truth 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,186 | Props total: 38 38
you prolly dont get it then..if you watch nascar or know the history of it then u would be like awww hoviii babby

hahah
 6 years ago '05        #1443
Nickel 118 heat pts118
space
space
$11,231 | Props total: 179 179
ay this album is a banger...

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #1444
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,884 | Props total: 8408 8408
 D.S.O.M. said:
Black excellence, opulence, decadence
Tuxes next to the president, I’m present
I dress in Dries and other boutique stores in Pareeeee
In sheepskin coats, I silence the lambs
Do you know who I am, Clarice? :lachen001:
No cheap cologne whenever I “shhhhh-shhhhh”
Success never smelled so sweet
I stink of success, the new black elite
They say my Black Card bears the mark of the beast
I repeat: my religion is the beat

sh*t you might as well finish off the rest of this classic verse

My verse is like church, my Jesus piece
Now please, domino, domino
Only spot a few blacks the higher I go
What’s up to Will? Shout out to O
That ain’t enough.. we gonna need a million more
"Kick in the door" Biggie flow
I’m all dressed up with nowhere to go
thats some crazy lyricism , i probably listened to this song 40 times since i downloaded (probably way more)
 6 years ago '11        #1445
sosobased 
space
space
$975 | Props total: 3 3
its just blacks on blacks on blacks!!
 6 years ago '05        #1446
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,884 | Props total: 8408 8408
 SkateboardT said:
...you're an idiot if you think that sh*ts classic.
If you don't explain why ill just take this as another n*gga hating. You probably dont even know what he's saying, so ill leave you to your opinion and appreciate if you leave me with mine
 6 years ago '11        #1447
KeithClark 10 heat pts10
space
space
$4,458 | Props total: 122 122
First off anyone who hates on WTT I want to see your album and see if it is better for myself. Second I feel the album described hiphop at it's highest of heghts basically metaphorically Kanye and Jigga were talking back and forth and basically laughing at the rest of the rap game from their "Thrones".

If the album is closely looked at from a non bias standard and you analyze all the references it is very Kabbalistic at heart.

In my opinion WTT should have been a MIXTAPE not an ALBUM.
 08-12-2011, 05:31 PM         #1448
bxrulez 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
album is flat out disappointing period...2 artists of this caliber put out a forgettable album...this should have been a classic and its not....but u know the herd mentality people just gona go with the hype and say its crack cuz the next man did and everybody on this buzz right now. Albums more hype then bite
 08-12-2011, 05:31 PM         #1449
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
mixtape?

one of the beats on WTT alone is probably more expensive than J. Cole's album
 08-12-2011, 05:52 PM         #1450
bxrulez 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ThatDude0824 said:
honestly im the hardest critic ever mayne. I make mix cds and its been fu*kin FOREVER that I took one cd and just had that on a disc without others songs here and there

Its been a minute, like years for me that ANY album of any genre has been able to just ride out and play front to back. I dont understand how anyone claiming to love hiphop could not see the greatness in this

but props for an opinion and not just flat out hate. keep it spinning maybe youll hear it
didnt say it sucks...but it could be so much better. Simply just from the beats...its like they tried to do too much...too much going on...just that kayne beat twisted fantasy completely sh*ts on ANY beat on WTT by a million. I think they just tried to do much and missed the target...theres no stand out BANGERS on this cd really....and I like both Jay-Z and Kayne as artists. Its like when u hear a smash hit u know its a smash hit...and theres not 1 song on here that is 1....cmon please dont tell me "otis" is
 08-12-2011, 05:53 PM         #1451
Purple Stallion 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Otis is hot. I even grew to like the James Brown sample
Entire album is fuego
 6 years ago '05        #1452
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,983 | Props total: 3263 3263
 ThatDude0824 said:
honestly im the hardest critic ever mayne. I make mix cds and its been fu*kin FOREVER that I took one cd and just had that on a disc without others songs here and there

Its been a minute, like years for me that ANY album of any genre has been able to just ride out and play front to back. I dont understand how anyone claiming to love hiphop could not see the greatness in this

but props for an opinion and not just flat out hate. keep it spinning maybe youll hear it
I respect everyone's opinions..I just can't understand why people think this is an album that "saved" hip hop or the album that you can finally blast from front to back after years and sh*t. IMO..Oneirology is miles ahead of this album. Even though I enjoyed WTT..I just can't see how the album is that great. Nothing outstanding conceptually or lyrically, and production-wise it was above average and a couple beats were mind blowing but other than that I can't understand why people think as a full album that this is that great. And I've listened to it front to back multiple times since it's release(haven't played a song from it in the last couple days though).
 08-12-2011, 06:30 PM         #1453
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ballergenetics said:
I love WTT...
love Oneirology. I just love diff types of hip hop. but if we gonna mention albums that are better..
pete rock and smiff n wessun album need a mention..
pete rock went the fu*k innnnnn
i wasn't too impressed by that Monumental album, its not bad in any way. but it just sounds like a 7/10 album to me
 6 years ago '07        #1454
Repressed 
space
space
$3,259 | Props total: 1211 1211
 Purple Stallion said:
Entire album is fuego
You mean Otis Redding?
 6 years ago '11        #1455
SugaHillRomello 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$858 | Props total: 0 0
This album is not bad, in a lot of ways its very good. Illest Mfer Alive, New Day, murder to Excellence, Primetime, n*ggas in Paris, and Welcome to the Jungle are tracks ill keep from it. My thing with it(and again this is just personal opinion) is that the overall tone of the album isn't for me. This sh*t sounds like the soundtrack to God of War 3 or some sh*t. I mean I can appreciate it for what it is, but its just not for me. Its cool that Ye and Jay pushed the envelope and straddled the line between a mainstream and underground sound, but to me at least they crossed over a lil too much. Good album, but besides a the classic songs listed above, I wont be playing this album very much again.
 08-12-2011, 07:42 PM         #1456
ROYISPEACE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 D.S.O.M. said:

[pic - click to view]

lolololololo.... is the song called james?
 6 years ago '08        #1457
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,888 | Props total: 3 3
Cant believe all these n*ggas in here d!ckriding this album. This was a 5/10 at best. They tried too hard to be different and missed everything. Jiggas wordplay is the only thing that saved some songs. And what the phuck was kayne thinkin? His lyrics were beyond trash. Production was good but did not go with the content of the songs. So much blasphemy on this album...
 6 years ago '05        #1458
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1694 1694
 Purple Stallion said:
Entire album is fuego
lmaooo troll
 08-12-2011, 07:51 PM         #1459
Purple Stallion 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im not an otis fan like that
you tellin me that scream at the end wasnt james? oh well ill kim
 08-12-2011, 08:04 PM         #1460
Purple Stallion 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"Otis" contains samples from "Try a Little Tenderness" as performed by Otis Redding and "Don't Tell a Lie About Me and I Won't Tell the Truth About You" by James Brown

Boxden does not know music
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
74 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
84 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy