Jay Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne [Official Discussion Thread] #WatchTheThrone

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
14 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
55 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-08-2011, 12:19 PM         #1281
ROYISPEACE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol give it time...you cant judge something in one day....
 08-08-2011, 12:20 PM         #1282
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Best album I've heard this year
 6 years ago '05        #1283
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 Javon23 said:
Beats are garbage
Somebody call 9th Wonder to do clean up!
thankyou i agree sounds like some euro sh*t lyrics on point tho!
 6 years ago '11        #1284
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 NnAiTnAjSa317 said:
almost as worst?
:lachen001: Came in here to say the same thing.
 6 years ago '04        #1285
lment 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,040 | Props total: 66 66
After having the album on constant spin since it dropped...

Vocals/Rapping: 4/5
- Not overly lyrical and the delivery seemed forced in a couple songs (hov especially) mainly because he's not used to rapping over such complex production. Kanye wasted a couple verses with filler for some reason - really not sure why? When the lyrics are there though, they hit hard and, despite what people are saying, there are plenty of quotables.

Production: 4.5/5
- Production was unreal. The only quam I have was the odd interludes in between tracks that really didn't a.ssist with the vibe of the album. Other than that it was basically on par with MDTBF.

Engineering: 5/5
- Not sure if Mike Dean is the only one mixing this album, but he set a new standard on MDTBF and continued the supreme mixing in this one. The sound quality and listening experience of this album makes it better than your average album. Sound engineers need to take notes.

Marketing: 5/5
- Amazingly unique marketing plan from the pre-tour sales to pre- album sales, no traditional marketing, no leaking. this made the album so much better. especially the lack of leaking. listening through the whole album in high quality was something i havent experienced in a long time

Standouts: No Church in the Wild, n*ggas in Paris, Gotta Have It, New Day, murder to Excellence, Made in America, Illest Muthafu*ker Alive, Why I Love You

Overall-9.25/10
 6 years ago '07        #1286
itsyaboydub 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,038 | Props total: 0 0
 lment said:
After having the album on constant spin since it dropped...

Vocals/Rapping: 4/5
- Not overly lyrical and the delivery seemed forced in a couple songs (hov especially) mainly because he's not used to rapping over such complex production. Kanye wasted a couple verses with filler for some reason - really not sure why? When the lyrics are there though, they hit hard and, despite what people are saying, there are plenty of quotables.

Production: 4.5/5
- Production was unreal. The only quam I have was the odd interludes in between tracks that really didn't a.ssist with the vibe of the album. Other than that it was basically on par with MDTBF.

Engineering: 5/5
- Not sure if Mike Dean is the only one mixing this album, but he set a new standard on MDTBF and continued the supreme mixing in this one. The sound quality and listening experience of this album makes it better than your average album. Sound engineers need to take notes.

Marketing: 5/5
- Amazingly unique marketing plan from the pre-tour sales to pre- album sales, no traditional marketing, no leaking. this made the album so much better. especially the lack of leaking. listening through the whole album in high quality was something i havent experienced in a long time

Standouts: No Church in the Wild, n*ggas in Paris, Gotta Have It, New Day, murder to Excellence, Made in America, Illest Muthafu*ker Alive, Why I Love You

Overall-9.25/10
this except I'd add "The Joy" as a stand out
 6 years ago '08        #1287
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,761 | Props total: 12229 12229
Man I'm laughing my a.ss off at all these artist pissed bout this album I don't even think they mad about the content I think they pissed at the marketing plan that allowed their album to not leak until the release date. They pissed cuz they sh*t got leaked weeks in advance and The Throne had a Millie Pre-Orders

As far as the consumers and fans, I think people just need to really understand that music is not made for 1 person or for 1 region or 1 genre. I've read posts that say I like 7 songs on the album and the rest is trash...well if you like those head banging type tracks that's about right cuz there are 7 quality trunk bangers on the album. The music is diverse tho, so its people in Punjab, Pakistan that don't give a fuk about Illest Motherfu*ka Alive or how real them n*ggas came on New Day all they care about is Lift Off, or Welcome to the Jungle or That's My bi*ch, feel me. When you get as big as these 2 n*ggas you making music for the Universe, not just Dopeboi Slim in the trap that want 12 songs talknbout the same sh*t with repetitive beats.
 6 years ago '04        #1288
GRITBOY 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$543 | Props total: 123 123
can somebody post that Illest Motherfu*ker Alive
 6 years ago '05        #1289
Str8 outta Cuse 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,515 | Props total: 49 49
Why I Love You is my sh*t. It's the only song that catches my attention and still comes off as true hip hop. Aside from that tho, this album is ehhhhh.
 6 years ago '08        #1290
Illuminati 192 heat pts192
space
space
$38,772 | Props total: 9036 9036
lyrically avg album with lots of low points
 08-08-2011, 01:18 PM         #1291
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm only 5 tracks in and I'm loving this, Jay got his flow back.
 6 years ago '11        #1292
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
Not givin no in-depth explanation on my rating because it's not worth it, but I give this album a solid 9/10.

Wasn't expecting a GOAT album like it seemed almost everybody here at bx was doin. I know better. The people who expect perfection are the same ones who end up being pissed because they didn't get it. There's no such thing. If you're angry that the album didn't live up to your expectations then next time don't hype it up so much. Stay objective.

To those who say it sucks you weren't going to like it from the beginning. This isn't the same type of hip hop that you're accustomed to listenin to throughout the whole album: trunk bangin bass with a dope hook. This album actually has substance and proves that it can be dope without having to use typical elements. If you can't get down with that then trash the album and keep it movin.

Oh & to those who say the lyrics aren't that great - you're not listening.

This is only after one listen through. My ratings usually change as I continue to listen but as of right now I like the album a lot.
 08-08-2011, 01:21 PM         #1293
Rendition 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
For all the people saying this album is a classic

im guessing your downloaded version came without Who Gon Stop me and Lift Off
 08-08-2011, 01:24 PM         #1294
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rendition said:

Lift Off is trash but I'm feeling Who Gon Stop Me.
 08-08-2011, 01:29 PM         #1295
phantom589 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mike Nitty said:
I think people just need to really understand that music is not made for 1 person or for 1 region or 1 genre. I've read posts that say I like 7 songs on the album and the rest is trash...well if you like those head banging type tracks that's about right cuz there are 7 quality trunk bangers on the album. The music is diverse tho, so its people in Punjab, Pakistan that don't give a fuk about Illest Motherfu*ka Alive or how real them n*ggas came on New Day all they care about is Lift Off, or Welcome to the Jungle or That's My bi*ch, feel me. When you get as big as these 2 n*ggas you making music for the Universe, not just Dopeboi Slim in the trap that want 12 songs talknbout the same sh*t with repetitive beats.
dead on.
 6 years ago '10        #1296
ReelCeasar 182 heat pts182
space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 4299 4299
 GRITBOY said:
can somebody post that Illest Motherfu*ker Alive
song starts at 3 mins lol
 6 years ago '05        #1297
Rockobox 76 heat pts76
space
space
$12,376 | Props total: 1 1
Favorite track on the album is Why I Love You.

Although the entire album is pretty much the equivalent of Dave Chappelle in that MTV Cribs skit...they ended the album perfectly. An honest track about emotion and pain over old friends.

New Day is second place.
 6 years ago '05        #1298
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$36,999 | Props total: 1319 1319
Production = 9/10
Mixing/Mastering = 10/10
Rapping/Sining/Auto Tune = 7/10

Thats how I am feelign about it so far, the lyrics dont do all that much for me besides 2-3 songs, but the productino and mixing/mastering is fantastic, might be best mastered/mixed album since Dr.Dre The Chronic 2000. Then again Auto tune just bugs the sh*t outta me if its not just on one hook or song.
 6 years ago '09        #1299
Acid Rap 78 heat pts78
space
space
$9,302 | Props total: 71 71
 Rendition said:

Who Gon Stop Me is raw as fu*k on the subs.
 6 years ago '06        #1300
jaycee 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$9,354 | Props total: 834 834
Can't believe the hate this album is getting....i'm not sure if im listen to the same album
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
37 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
59 comments
2 days ago