Kanye VS. Jay-Z (infographic)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
149 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
79 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
135 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #81
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,875 | Props total: 20888 20888
 Dangerously said:
College Dropout 5/5
Late Registration 5/5
Graduation 4/5
808s 3.5/5
MBDTF 5.5/5

Kanye's MBDTF is an album that transcends traditional hip hop. It's music, period. It's not about just hot bars or hot beats, it's about how everything comes together. Some of you will never understand that unfortunately.
And this is where most people will clash & debates will ensue. I understand how great MBDTF sounds but at the end of the day this is hip-hop my n*gga. This isn't opera, this isn't mozart, this isn't rock, this isn't pop.

This is hip-hop.

The same way I called Thank Me Later a classic pop album, is the same way I'ma judge MBDTF. It is fantastic as a album period. But hip-hop wise & hip-hop wise only, it lacks. I'm sorry. You're one of the biggest Ye fans & i'm sure you'll be the first to proudly admit it but that album isn't a classic HIP-HOP album.
 08-06-2011, 11:25 AM         #82
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
And this is where most people will clash & debates will ensue. I understand how great MBDTF sounds but at the end of the day this is hip-hop my n*gga. This isn't opera, this isn't mozart, this isn't rock, this isn't pop.

This is hip-hop.

The same way I called Thank Me Later a classic pop album, is the same way I'ma judge MBDTF. It is fantastic as a album period. But hip-hop wise & hip-hop wise only, it lacks. I'm sorry. You're one of the biggest Ye fans & i'm sure you'll be the first to proudly admit it but that album isn't a classic HIP-HOP album.
so whats stopping it from being a classic music album?
 6 years ago '06        #83
JUICEbox 
space
space
$740 | Props total: 410 410
 trock34 said:
MBDTF is a classic

great read though props
its so trendy n current as of 2009....the albums whole style n feel is hipsterish n wont b listened to 5 years from now
 6 years ago '07        #84
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,784 | Props total: 14592 14592
 Agentzer0oo0 said:

This is hip-hop.

thank me later isnt classic anything
 6 years ago '06        #85
pa_general 134 heat pts134
space
space
$6,856 | Props total: 557 557
 TH35 said:
I can't believe n*ggas calling MDTF classic...and Late Registration is clearly Kanye's best album. Though in some respects, it was too long (pause).
 6 years ago '04        #86
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,358 | Props total: 11565 11565
kanye has 4 classics in my imo
 08-06-2011, 12:30 PM         #87
SeaJaiye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Agentzer0oo0 said:

This is hip-hop.

in the traditional sense, it's not a classic hip hop album. but it's showing what hip hop is gonna be like for the next 10-15 years, so in the long run, it will be a classic hip hop album. it's gonna change what's considered hip hop and what perceptions people have of it.
 08-06-2011, 12:33 PM         #88
SeaJaiye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Left Hook said:
You're overrating Kanye's ability as a songwriter. He's Kanye West, not Ludwig van Beethoven. If you're going to overrate the hell out of someone's composition ability or tell people to "trust you", I'm going to need you to tell me what sort of qualifications you have in claiming that no one else can replicate what 'Ye did.

Beethoven was deaf and he wrote symphonies that Ye will never match with both of his ears and all his equipment.

Kanye West is probably the greatest Hip-Hop artist; he has a knack for putting sounds together and is a gifted producer, but to say that much about the Runaway outro? I can't get down with that. I'm giving Kanye his props because I love his music, but come on, man, let's not get too carried away.
nah, it really is that good. you hear distorted garbage, but there is a melody and all that sh*t in those 3 minutes. i memorized the whole thing n*gga, it's legitimately a part of the song that sounds dope.

it's gotten to the point where this album is universally praised by anyone that knows sh*t about music and that part of the song always gets props. maybe you just don't get it? nothin wrong with that..
 6 years ago '08        #89
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,937 | Props total: 7341 7341
Kanye doesnt have more classics than Jay. If MBDTF is classic then american gangster damn sure is to.
 6 years ago '09        #90
BrooklynStiles 82 heat pts82 OP
space
space
$10,445 | Props total: 8536 8536
imo jay-z is goat of our generation/era of hip hop, nobody else has ever been more consistently great than him.

but kanye is the next one

i remember watching the grammys with my lil sis and thinking about this. when this younger generation looks back at this is era in rap, their gonna look at kanye. the man already passed michael jackson in grammys for god's sake.

WTT is gonna be pivotal for kanye's transition to that status. this album is gonna be jay-z passing the torch to kanye.

SteveMachine said:
kanye will go down as hip hop's greatest artist
straight up.
 hedake said:
jay better rapper, kanye better artist
this.

BRonin357 said:
The only prob i have with the infographic is the bias toward Yeezy, albeit laid out in side bars I still find it somewhat disheartening. 1st off, past the 3 he mentioned, there was vol 1, vol 2, and american gangster. vol 1 while commercial was still a banger and classics like you must love me, streets is watching, rap game/crack game, and imaginary player! vol 2 had reservoir dogs, paper chase, hand it down, and AG had falling, sweet, american dream, say hello! I will say that Kanye has had better deep felt songs like blame game, I wonder. Either way the throne is being passed on to Yeezy.
co-sign.

Illstreet said:
By the way, I think "Vol. 1" is slowly becoming my Second Favorite Jay-Z album after "Reasonable Doubt".

I don't even acknowledge "I Know What Girls Like" or "Sunshine"... But the rest of that album is classic sh*t from top to bottom...

1997 Jay was was on some other sh*t... When you figure in "Young G's" and "I Love The Dough", as well as "Wishing On A Star".

Goddamnit @ Him putting those two awful fukking tracks on that album and fukking the whole sh*t up.
don't forget "lucky me"

"dont grieve for me my art remains
like a dart from the speaker to your heart
spiritually through the portal, now my words are immortal"

jay '97>

Cantankerous said:
Ye 1 project short of topping Jay icon wise, and musically. Ye got 3 classics, CD, Graduation, MBDTF. They represent two different type of personas, Jay represents the culture from a street/ business savy rapper with high technical ability, aand Ye embodies innovation, artistry, and a more cross-cultural audience. Ye the Don.

i feel the same way, late registration would be a classic if it wasn't for all those features. you can have alot of features and make a classic album but not if your getting your a.ss kicked by those features. jay, nas, and even common overshined kanye thurout that album. CD, Graduation (kanye's "blueprint"), and MBDTF are his classics.
 6 years ago '10        #91
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,875 | Props total: 20888 20888
 Karamu said:
so whats stopping it from being a classic music album?
Classic music album? It is a classic music album I just don't see it as a classic hip-hop album.

Like for example Thriller. Thriller is a classic pop album no-one can dispute it. But being a classic album musically? Some people have debated whether that's the case or not.

TH35 said:
Sonnnnnnnnnnnnnn TH lol..don't front like you wasn't bumping Fireworks. or Unforgettable or Cece's Interlude or Light it Up.

Don't front

SeaJaiye said:
in the traditional sense, it's not a classic hip hop album. but it's showing what hip hop is gonna be like for the next 10-15 years, so in the long run, it will be a classic hip hop album. it's gonna change what's considered hip hop and what perceptions people have of it.

If the view changes like you said then I'll change my stance & I think that will be case but for now, nahh.
 6 years ago '10        #92
Lamar Burton 13 heat pts13
space
space
$1,001 | Props total: 389 389
Kanye started Bape hoodies now? I guess they forgot about Pharrell.
 6 years ago '11        #93
shellz386 43 heat pts43
space
space
$5,997 | Props total: 4638 4638
 Illstreet said:
By the way, the original version of "Home" from the "I'm Good" mixtape is a Top 5 All time Kanye West song...

That Coldplay(and I fukk with Coldplay) a.ssisted abomination "Homecoming" on "Graduation" fukking sucks...

Just felt the need to express that.
i agree. john legend did his thing on it too
 6 years ago '04        #94
EOAE 60 heat pts60
space
space
$6,927 | Props total: 283 283
this sh*t got jay looking mundane compared to ye...lol
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
152 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
96 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
71 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
50 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy