Tebow Stock Plummeting In Denver

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
129 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-04-2011, 07:43 AM         #41
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 K1Entertainment said:
Your comparing Bradford (a clear first top 5 talent) & Feeley (a straight up back up QB) to Tebow (a project borderline first rounder who should have probably been drafted in the 2nd round) & Orton (an above average starting QB in the NFL) and even that situation w/ Bradford and Feeley wasn't solved until they seen Bradford preform in pre-season games and do good. Its not a good comparison that situation isn't even close....

Bottom line is a veteran starting QB who is above average and could start over a number of QBs in this league is always going to look better in a practice environment when you compare him to a project borderline first round QB who only had 3 starts in the NFL, especially when you have the young guy taking reps w/ 5th and 6th WRs most of the time while the vet gets to throw to WRs like Lloyd and Royal all the time.

Until you have more in game film to evaluate especially this year in the pre-season its just too early to call anyone anything.

Tebow is a project QB hes not supposed to be ready yet, that is why Orton got a 2 year extension last year, but that said I think he showed enough in those last 3 games to warrant a true QB competition judged out by pre-season games not how someone looks in practice
Its a 1st rd QB, chosen poorly by the last HC I might add, who's competing with a vet QB, regardless of quality, who has started and won games in the league. That's the comparison. On every team the matter of whether you were a back-up doesn't necessarily automatically dictate that they're gonna be a back-up on all the other teams. I mean look at Kurt Warner/Matt Leinart when it happened.

I know Orton has been taking 1st reps but why'd Lloyd say last week they had been prepping Tebow to be the starter? Just cause of rumors doesn't seem good enough. And now he's sh*tting on Tebow now that Orton is taking 1st reps. It just seems he's trying to buddy up next to whoever is the starting QB.

Last edited by Cheeze; 08-04-2011 at 07:47 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #42
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
 Cheeze said:
Its a 1st rd QB, chosen poorly by the last HC I might add, who's competing with a vet QB, regardless of quality, who has started and won games in the league. That's the comparison. On every team the matter of whether you were a back-up doesn't necessarily automatically dictate that they're gonna be a back-up on all the other teams. I mean look at Kurt Warner/Matt Leinart when it happened.

I know Orton has been taking 1st reps but why'd Lloyd say last week they had been prepping Tebow to be the starter? Just cause of rumors doesn't seem good enough. And now he's sh*tting on Tebow now that Orton is taking 1st reps. It just seems he's trying to buddy up next to whoever is the starting QB.
I am just saying not much evaluating can be done in a practice environment. Especially when you consider both QB's strengths and weaknesses. Basically Tebow's weaknesses are Orton's strengths and Orton's weaknesses are Tebow's strengths.

Orton's strengths are good mechanics decent arm and good accuracy, great play action fake and okay pocket awareness.
Orton's weakness is lack of mobility, takes sacks that takes the team out of FG range, not good on third downs, not a pressure player, not great in the red zone.

Tebow's strengths are mobility, decent arm, decent accuracy, leadership, brings his team back from behind, great in the red zone, excels when pressure is on, doesn't take easy sacks, hard to bring down.
Tebow's weaknesses are poor mechanics and less than ideal foot work, lacks experience under center, some issues taking snaps from center.

so really when you look at the strengths and weaknesses the things that will show up more in a camp environment is Orton's strengths, while his weaknesses won't really show since he can't be hit and there is not any real pressure on the QBs in camp and its obviously not a game so you can't play from behind. In contrast all of Tebow's strengths won't show up in camp because they have to deal mostly with real game situations, and his weaknesses will shine through his positives for the most part in practice since all your seeing is him throwing the ball from under center mainly.
 6 years ago '05        #43
TheT 21 heat pts21
space
space
$16,913 | Props total: 716 716
May god have mercy on your soul, you human!
 6 years ago '10        #44
Gottagat 
space
space
$11,644 | Props total: 218 218
joe gibbs HB...
 6 years ago '07        #45
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,189 | Props total: 15001 15001
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
tebow is the great white hype and will get everychance in the world to start somewhere.

because if he is even decent he will be big star for nfl. ummm wonder if tim was blk would he ever

get drafted in the 1st round.
you REALLY need to get past this race sh*t, that's all I see from you
 6 years ago '04        #46
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,325 | Props total: 2729 2729
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
tebow is the great white hype and will get everychance in the world to start somewhere.

because if he is even decent he will be big star for nfl. ummm wonder if tim was blk would he ever

get drafted in the 1st round.

vince young would disagree with you.
 6 years ago '04        #47
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
$18,666 | Props total: 3232 3232
orton sucks...every qb looks good in mcdaniels system...watch how great sam bradford is this year with mcdaniels runnin the offense
 6 years ago '05        #48
FalconBuddha 16 heat pts16
space
space
$7,615 | Props total: 1687 1687
 MistaKlean said:
this guy sucks and is not an NFL QB. he got drafted because he is a "good guy". and we all know.. good guys finish last...

or in this case... 3rd on the depth chart
Hmm, thats weird, cause he looked like a pretty good QB to me the last 3 games of last year when he was given a chance to play
 6 years ago '04        #49
refuze 284 heat pts284
space
space
$18,670 | Props total: 15390 15390
Josh McDaniels set the Broncos franchise so many years back. Tebow as a first round choice was ridiculous.
 6 years ago '05        #50
Majestic_GMMB 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,204 | Props total: 171 171
 ReallyTho said:
cam newton will suffer the same fate

all u newton rider fraid to admit it to
 6 years ago '10        #51
MistaKlean 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,681 | Props total: 200 200
maybe if tebow keeps praying he will become the starting QB since god loves him
 6 years ago '05        #52
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
double standards show its ugly face again. n*ggas act like we cant diss tim for not been good.

meanwhile u turn the tv on and all they do is diss great players like LBJ kobe , melo mike vick etc etc

but some ppl on tv are all upset and still making excuses for tim like he cant be touch. All did was told

the truth he sucks. dont wanna here all this he not a good partice player wait till games. n*gga what he is a QB if he cant throw the ball rite in praticie how da fu*k can he do well in game. Get of white man hype train plz
 6 years ago '05        #53
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
 0ddJoB said:
You're really a fu*king annoying person dude your life must suck
your teams gonna be top 4 in draft no matter who Qb is
 08-05-2011, 02:12 PM         #54
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dude always makes race an issue even when it isn't one so I would just generally ignore whatever the fu*k he is talking about
 6 years ago '05        #55
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$17,694 | Props total: 8 8
It's just training camp.... but did people actually expect Tim Tebow to develop into a successful starting QB in the NFL? I have to admit his play late in the season surprised me last year, but never did I believe that was a sign of things to come.
 08-05-2011, 02:25 PM         #56
DAHNIC561 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This corney a.ss n*gga...SMH...they should have him hold the play book on the sidelines for Orton...
 6 years ago '11        #57
royman04 18 heat pts18
space
space
$12,301 | Props total: 4569 4569
 2 Pistolz said:
It's just training camp.... but did people actually expect Tim Tebow to develop into a successful starting QB in the NFL? I have to admit his play late in the season surprised me last year, but never did I believe that was a sign of things to come.
Stranger things have happened
Remember Kurt Warner went from working in a super market to a superbowl MVP
 6 years ago '05        #58
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
so where saying race has nothing to do with they hype that is tebow. are we saying if he was any other race he would still be loved and hype as the great american that he is today ??? OH OK
 6 years ago '05        #59
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,418 | Props total: 4750 4750
Hoge equated it to a Clydesdale running in the Kentucky Derby.
 6 years ago '05        #60
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
Tebow is trashed he should of never even got drafted in 1st round. he a Qb who cant throw the ball

u talking about running ppl over and rushing td HE'S A fu*kING QB CMON MAN DONT GIVE ME THAT BS
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
75 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
66 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Best Upcoming Horror Movies 2018 (Trailer)
25 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy