Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
258 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
57 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
119 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #61
RIAA 26 heat pts26
space
space
$2,983 | Props total: 1755 1755
 Frank Whyte said:

[pic - click to view]

I DONT LIKE THAT sh*t............... GOTTA DROP A DIME ON THEM n*ggaS!!!!!!!
 6 years ago '04        #62
young $ 2 heat pts
space
space
$659 | Props total: 11 11
 Millerionaire87 said:
MMG self-made didnt leak aswell
who was checking for that?
 6 years ago '08        #63
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,359 | Props total: 276 276
why does it even matter? if people can get it for free now or after release, they gonna get it for free. so keeping it from leaking might slow down the process, but once it hits itunes, its over. the people that download music illegally still gonna do it.

who is going to be like, "well i couldnt find a download link until the release day, sooooo i'm just going to go buy it now..."? they will still download it

people are just impatient. seemed like yesterday to me that this album was just a rumor, not even a good week left

maybe im missing the point....
 6 years ago '05        #64
Cashville2400 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,873 | Props total: 157 157
They are really feeling their selves.

6 years ago '07        #65
Bighempin of QM 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,822 | Props total: 1682 1682
Just cuz it won't leak early don't mean it wont leak. They probably have nice sale number for the 1st few days and then drop way the fu*k off the following week.
 08-04-2011, 08:10 AM         #66
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 iPunish901 said:
why does it even matter? if people can get it for free now or after release, they gonna get it for free. so keeping it from leaking might slow down the process, but once it hits itunes, its over. the people that download music illegally still gonna do it.

who is going to be like, "well i couldnt find a download link until the release day, sooooo i'm just going to go buy it now..."? they will still download it

people are just impatient. seemed like yesterday to me that this album was just a rumor, not even a good week left

maybe im missing the point....
Word.
 6 years ago '05        #67
Mysteryman 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,295 | Props total: 1106 1106
Maybe I'm confused but I always thought a leak was when an album street release date is broken and the music is released before it hits stores. Everyone in here is saying the album will be everywhere online after its released in itunes....well no sh*t of course it will be because the album will already be available by then.

The whole point of a leak is to get music before its release so if the album makes it till its release day and still hasn't been released online then they avoided getting it leaked, so technically all jay's team has to do is keep the album from hitting the net before its August 8 itunes release. I actually think they can do it and it won't leak before then
 6 years ago '08        #68
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,359 | Props total: 276 276
i think it would be funny if it did leak today or before release

especially if only like ye, hov, and manager have a copy.
 6 years ago '04        #69
djinferno 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,227 | Props total: 34 34
who cares about a leak, people are still gonna bootleg...
 6 years ago '11        #70
kennyboy0707 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,129 | Props total: 64 64
:sad5: i cant wait! :sadcam:
 08-04-2011, 09:01 AM         #71
80sbabyent 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If it doesn't... all those "mom & pop's" that were bi*chin' last week are going to have ALOT of questions to answer.

Also, if everybody that bought a concert ticket get's a copy of an album.. those first week #'s are gonna be crazy.

Whoever thought of this release strategy is a genius. If it works watch how many artist start doing the same sh*t... digital only releases, and tying album sales into concert sales.

Last edited by 80sbabyent; 08-04-2011 at 09:04 AM..
 6 years ago '06        #72
datVAkid 37 heat pts37
space
space
$13,464 | Props total: 2651 2651
yeah because no one wants to hear it
 6 years ago '06        #73
esvi 17 heat pts17
space
space
$2,262 | Props total: 828 828
 Mysteryman said:
Maybe I'm confused but I always thought a leak was when an album street release date is broken and the music is released before it hits stores. Everyone in here is saying the album will be everywhere online after its released in itunes....well no sh*t of course it will be because the album will already be available by then.

The whole point of a leak is to get music before its release so if the album makes it till its release day and still hasn't been released online then they avoided getting it leaked, so technically all jay's team has to do is keep the album from hitting the net before its August 8 itunes release. I actually think they can do it and it won't leak before then
I came here to say that, but you put it in better words anyway!:agreement6:
 6 years ago '04        #74
Hood_Rich 7 heat pts
space
space
$15,710 | Props total: 437 437
Its being releasd digital on iTunes, kind of hard to leak it. They day before isnt really considered a leak.

A leak is like 4+ days
 6 years ago '06        #75
drhodes777 
space
space
space
$48 | Props total: 6 6
 80sbabyent said:
If it doesn't... all those "mom & pop's" that were bi*chin' last week are going to have ALOT of questions to answer.

Also, if everybody that bought a concert ticket get's a copy of an album.. those first week #'s are gonna be crazy.

Whoever thought of this release strategy is a genius. If it works watch how many artist start doing the same sh*t... digital only releases, and tying album sales into concert sales.
Not Hip Hop related but Prince started the tying album sales numbers to concert ticket sales trick in like 2004.
 6 years ago '04        #76
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 DRockBSP said:
good i wanted to wait and buy it anyways before i listened.
I did too. I'm still taking an I'll believe it when I see it approach, but from what I hear there's no way this sh*t is leaking before iTunes drops it. If so, I'll be impressed. I can't think of the last album that didn't leak at some point before release.
 6 years ago '05        #77
MelloYelloMD 
space
space
$1,929 | Props total: 34 34
I will say that this feels like the most unprecedented high profile non-leaked release that I have seen in a long while, but they are slapping folks in the face takling about it won't leak...can't leak. Like others said THAT is a blatent challenge to hackers everywhere. *sits back and waits for links*
 08-04-2011, 09:38 AM         #78
CandySoSick 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Frank Whyte said:

[pic - click to view]

I DONT LIKE THAT sh*t............... GOTTA DROP A DIME ON THEM n*ggaS!!!!!!!
 6 years ago '08        #79
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,773 | Props total: 12275 12275
 Sticks said:
It will midnight on Tuesday though
 Arson said:
Leakers everywhere just said "challenge accepted"
 monrowe said:
this is the biggest lie on the internet... if ima get it leaked whats the point in buying it ... i got it... and if you a real fan dope or not u gonna buy cus u dont know its dope or not till u hear it ..people have bought ablums blind before actually the point in singles is to tease like a movies so you will go spend the money .
Like Toni's sister say Truth.com If I got it I got it and I can wait till I get it. n*ggas say well if you don't buy it you not a real fan....I say quite the contrary.

I'm so much of a real fan that I'm helping spread the music :doglaugh: There may be a person who can't purchase the album for $12.99, depending on who I meet I say give me $7 or $5 and then they have the album thus helping the music get listened too
 6 years ago '08        #80
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,773 | Props total: 12275 12275
Honestly tho I think by them saying it won't leak all they're doing is trying to push this album to Godly status.

If they can get the consumers to think "How/Why didn't it leak?" Then those same consumers will go out and purchase it when its for sale because it has to be that real if to not have leaked
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
106 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
41 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
110 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
20 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
27 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
68 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
72 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
144 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy