Jayz's Manager Says Watch The Throne Will Not Leak

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
238 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
125 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #21
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,195 | Props total: 11803 11803
 Michael 1987 said:
If it doesn't leak tonight it WILL be out before the end of this week.
 6 years ago '10        #22
Two02x3 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,592 | Props total: 6711 6711
If your album is released digitally through iTunes, does it protect the material from being released. Sure, I supposed it's a good idea to keep the physical copy out of peoples hands but.....seems to me that the 1st day of the iTunes release will still allow people to get it online and still effect sales. Keeping everything on a usb stick and monitoring the engineers/artists/whoever else is hands on it with the music is the only way of preventing a leak. I could be wrong, though.
 6 years ago '05        #23
monrowe 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,023 | Props total: 537 537
 N.O.4Life said:
What the fu*k he know.Why is they're so scared for this sh*t to leak?Like they want a n*gga to make a blind purchase or something.If the sh*t is dope real fans are gonna buy it regardless.That's jus my 2 cents tho
this is the biggest lie on the internet... if ima get it leaked whats the point in buying it ... i got it... and if you a real fan dope or not u gonna buy cus u dont know its dope or not till u hear it ..people have bought ablums blind before actually the point in singles is to tease like a movies so you will go spend the money .
 6 years ago '07        #24
MFKAD 55 heat pts55
space
space
space
$1,181 | Props total: 32 32
people are so impatient nowadays. what difference does it make if it leaks in 7 days instead of now
 08-03-2011, 04:29 PM         #25
Millerionaire87 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
MMG self-made didnt leak aswell
 6 years ago '09        #26
quentyburga725 55 heat pts55
space
space
$8,487 | Props total: 2344 2344
 Michael 1987 said:
If it doesn't leak tonight it WILL be out before the end of this week.
 08-03-2011, 04:31 PM         #27
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn that sucks for us, i bet jay didn't want to lose his consistent sales streak.... bossy

I WILL NOT LOSE!!
 6 years ago '05        #28
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,218 | Props total: 15783 15783
Doesn't matter if it leaks early or not....i'm not buying the physical copy, until I download it and find out if the album is good or not.
 6 years ago '04        #29
MGz 953 heat pts953 OP
space
space
$8,173 | Props total: 8732 8732
 Killamike79 said:
Doesn't matter if it leaks early or not....i'm not buying the physical copy, until I download it and find out if the album is good or not.

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #30
Hyper_Intel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,938 | Props total: 89 89
 N.O.4Life said:
What the fu*k he know.Why is they're so scared for this sh*t to leak?Like they want a n*gga to make a blind purchase or something.If the sh*t is dope real fans are gonna buy it regardless.That's jus my 2 cents tho
 6 years ago '07        #31
N.O.4Life 45 heat pts45
space
space
$19,626 | Props total: 10692 10692
 monrowe said:
this is the biggest lie on the internet... if ima get it leaked whats the point in buying it ... i got it... and if you a real fan dope or not u gonna buy cus u dont know its dope or not till u hear it ..people have bought ablums blind before actually the point in singles is to tease like a movies so you will go spend the money .
So you saying the only people who buy albums are the ones who haven't heard the album...lol.I don't believe that sh*t.I'm sure there are a few who do that but jus a few.Albums leak all the time but rappers still manage to do decent numbers.That's because most people buy albums cause of the artist and not the actual project.And if what you saying was true,why go buy any albums.I mean if you can wait until it comes out you can wait another few hours til someone uploads it
 6 years ago '07        #32
tacuna 320 12 heat pts12
space
space
$4,124 | Props total: 1350 1350
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
And people still don't believe in the Illuminati

[video - click to view]

08-03-2011, 06:07 PM         #33
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
we still gonna BL the mufu*ka anyway
 6 years ago '10        #34
fatboifresh17 
space
space
space
$602 | Props total: 0 0
 N.O.4Life said:
#co-sign
 08-04-2011, 02:03 AM         #35
kjyo20 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Two02x3 said:
Serious question....how do these projects get leaked? Common sense always told me that the artists leak it themselves. Is it a case of someone hacking computers to get the music?
no... if i remember correctly they send the CD out a week early to stores so they'll have it ready to put on shelves. Employees snatch it and it leaks. or hackers
 6 years ago '10        #36
Seymore Cake 19 heat pts19
space
space
$22,955 | Props total: 8868 8868
If I still worked at my old job this sh*t wouldve been all over Boxden
 6 years ago '06        #37
hooligun 12 heat pts12
space
space
$20,301 | Props total: 538 538
105,000 best buy nationwide will be robbed on monday morning
 6 years ago '04        #38
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 Seymore Cake said:
If I still worked at my old job this sh*t wouldve been all over Boxden
No, it wouldn't.

Welcome to the digital age, folks. It doesn't take special powers to keep an album from leaking; just release it via iTunes. Kendrick Lamar did the same thing, he managed to avoid it getting leaked... until it actually released.

With the album being released digitally, the master copy goes directly from the artist's camp/engineer to iTunes. No more middle man; no more distribution factories, no more packaging factories, no more retail stores getting the album a couple of days in advance to set up for release day.

My guess is the album is gonna be on iTunes come August 8th and the physical copy will be available the week after, which won't matter cause the digital copy will be passed around and r*ped all over the internet by the anyway.

F-ck Jay's manager for acting like he has super powers
 6 years ago '04        #39
mistatnn 
space
space
$5,466 | Props total: 2953 2953
 Millerionaire87 said:
MMG self-made didnt leak aswell
No one cared about this
 6 years ago '04        #40
DoctorJ|m 35 heat pts35
space
space
$4,967 | Props total: 210 210
"Serious question....how do these projects get leaked? Common sense always told me that the artists leak it themselves. Is it a case of someone hacking computers to get the music?"
I've actually been to a couple panel workshops at music conference covering the topic of leaking. Typically only less than 10% of the time the artist leaks it themself. Primarily it's more one of these 4 faults:

a) a threat of digital security at the studio (people hacking, copying, stealing from, or intercepting stream of emails to/from the studio).

b) often times larger more profitable bootleggers/bloggers in the past make a very fast buck (and notoriety) seeding & tagging the original leaked download files, as well as the back-end of pirating the music...so they have been caught offering engineers/studio workers money to "accidentally" send them the finalized music.

c) The lack of security/laziness at the label headquarters after the mastered music is turned in. MANY times the label is housed in a plaza of multiple offices (sometimes on different floors) and workers/executives are too lazy to get up and walk it over to another office. So instead them send over the unprotected internet (vulnerable to hackers), or give it to interns that don't even work in their department to deliver it. Some alot of these interns copy the files for themselves before they deliver them.

d) During the release process, retail-wise at least, manufacturing companies make the CDs, send them to distribution companies who send out cd shipments often times 3-4 weeks early to storage facilities for the respective retail chains [best buy has their own, FYE has their own, target has their own, etc-etc]. Once they get there, the cds are stickered and then just sit awaiting for the Monday delivery date to the stores, so they can be put on the shelves on Tuesday. Alot of times, the freight, fort-lift, and packing workers at these distribution storage facilities aren't the most brightest nor honest set of people - and will swipe a cd within storage. Since labels have been getting a little more secure, lately alot of bootleggers/bloggers have targetted these workers for pay-offs to steal them specific CDs. And like dude said above...even once it gets to the retail stores some of the young employees have sticky fingers and will take 1 cd and upload it to the net early.

Now, do I think Jay's manager got his game on strong to protect this album = Yes. They've been taking alot of special precautions during the studio process (producer/engineer Mike Dean was explaining how they aren't emailing ANYTHING for the cd, instead they are flashdrive the pro tools sessions and delivery and/or fedexing overnight the flashdrive to the next studio/artist it needs to goto), gonna aim more for a digital release at first, the turn-in process, and the shipping process. BUT, in my experience, I still think it'll leak a little early. Honestly, after the shipping process it's kinda out of their power.

Last edited by DoctorJ; 08-04-2011 at 02:28 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
107 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago