Miami Dolphins

most viewed right now
 NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
15 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
63 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
16 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-05-2011, 12:13 PM         #21
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Dolphins defensive end Kendall Langford, eligible to become an unrestricted free agent after the 2011 season, said Thursday the team has a.ssured him that he will receive a contract extension.

The sides are in the process of working out details.

“Hopefully soon,” he said of a timetable. “They’ve a.ssured me it will get done, and I’m a priority.”

Langford, 25, had 47 tackles, three sacks and two forced fumbles last season and has started 39 of his 42 NFL games.

The Dolphins will use a portion of their remaining $8.45 million of salary-cap space on Langford, with a signing bonus expected. Langford was expected to make $550,000 in 2011 in his current deal.

The Dolphins’ other starting defensive end, Randy Starks, is signed through 2012 and is owed $3.6 million this season.

Once Langford’s deal is done, that would leave two of Miami’s returning defensive linemen in position to be unrestricted free agents after 2011: Paul Soliai, who was given the franchise tag, and Phillip Merling, who has much to prove after missing the first 11 games last season recovering from an Achilles’ tendon injury.

THIS AND THAT

• Reshad Jones continues to make a case in his attempt to unseat Chris Clemons for the starting free safety job. Clemons’ study habits were ahead of Jones’ last season, but Jones said he has become much better at preparation.

“This guy finds the football,” coach Tony Sparano said of Jones. “He always has. He did it last year when we put him in the game — either found the ball or found a way to make a tackle. He told me he would have two interceptions [Wednesday], but he only had one. He dropped one. He is a much more confident player.”

• Sparano said defensive end Jared Odrick “is in unbelievable shape. I really like what he’s done the first couple days.” Sparano said Odrick is rusty in a few areas, including pass rush, because he hasn’t played in 11 months. …Sparano made a point to praise cornerback Nolan Carroll’s work early in camp.

• Last August, there was mystery about what the Dolphins would get from their outside linebackers because Cameron Wake was starting for the first time and Koa Misi was a rookie.
Now, Sparano has peace of mind — obviously with Wake, who had 14 sacks in 2010, but also with Misi, whom team management envisions as a potential long-term NFL starter.

“The comfort level is one of the reasons we were able to sign Jason Taylor and Jason Trusnik,” Sparano said. “A year ago, you were still wondering about Cam. He had played most of the time with his hand on the ground the previous year. With Koa, it was a different position. You feel really good about where these guys are.

“They’re both bigger, stronger, playing with a lot more confidence.”

• Sparano offered another reason why he’s so bullish on offensive coordinator Brian Daboll: “The great thing about Brian is he spent a large portion of his time on defense with Bill Belichick early in his career” before become a coach offensively. “So this guy learned on the other side of the football from a coverage standpoint.

“That’s the greatest value that Brian can bring to Chad Henne — Chad’s understanding of what people are trying to do to him and how they are trying to attack him will be so much better that we should see the results in how the ball comes out. His decision grades will be a lot better.”

CAMP BATTLES

With Vernon Carey shifting from right tackle to right guard, there’s jockeying for backup guard spots behind Carey and starting left guard Richie Incognito. The Dolphins haven’t been especially pleased with John Jerry, who must solidify his roster spot.

Nate Garner is likely to stick as a swing tackle/guard. Ray Feinga, who had been with the first team at guard before Carey moved positions, also is competing. Backup center Joe Berger can play guard, too. And the team might add another veteran guard, with center/guard Shaun O’Hara among the options.

NOTABLE

Twelve Dolphins were permitted to practice for the first time Thursday night because the new labor deal was ratified. That included Reggie Bush, who displayed his typical quickness, including one play where he caught a 30-yard pass from Chad Henne and scampered down the sideline for a touchdown.

Jason Taylor, also practicing for the first time, got past Garner and sacked new backup Matt Moore (though tackling wasn’t allowed).

Berger and rookie defensive tackle Frank Kearse got into a fracas, pushing and shoving each other. The incident began when Kearse jumped offside twice and an annoyed Berger threw the ball at him the second time. On the next snap, Berger threw Kearse to the ground, and Kearse got up and threw the ball at Berger.

As expected, the Dolphins announced they have re-signed Lex Hilliard, Garner, Kory Sheets and Lydon Murtha (who opened with the first team at left tackle, in place of injured Jake Long).

• Coach Tony Sparano spoke Thursday of the challenges of juggling free agency and training camp simultaneously.

“There are a million scenarios that come up,” he said. “[General manager] Jeff Ireland and I have two or three conversations per day. We’re looking at different ways to make this team the best team we can. It requires you to be on the phone constantly. Either Jeff is on the phone calling someone or someone is calling Jeff.”

Making significant roster moves “shakes your team up a bit,” Sparano said. “These things would have taken place in March, and the sting of that would have been over, and this team would have been already on the path of becoming a team. I told the guys the other night — you just don’t run up to the top of the mountain and stand there and say, ‘We’re a team.’ There’s a lot that has to go into that.”

The Dolphins moved Friday’s practice at Nova Southeastern from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. It is free to the public.

QUOTABLE

“You can tell the offense is different. It’s opening some things up. They seem like they’re more free. They’re happier what they’re doing.” — Dolphins safety Yeremiah Bell

[pic - click to view]

Really wanna see Reshad Jones start. He just makes plays. He was in for the final 3 or 4 plays against the titans and had, on consecutive plays, sack, deflected pass, INT. he just is always around the ball. Need that at safety.

Last edited by Cheeze; 08-05-2011 at 12:15 PM..
 08-05-2011, 12:19 PM         #22
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

100 images from Training Camp so far
 08-05-2011, 12:41 PM         #23
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Nate Ness is back
 6 years ago '05        #24
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,888 | Props total: 105 105

[pic - click to view]

Dolphins agreed to 1-year deal with QB Kevin O'Connell.

That means the Dolphins will have five QBs in camp, which is about right for the preseason but at least one QB and probably two too many for the regular season. I'd say Tom Brandstater's status with the team is tenuous, however.

O'Connell, 26 years old and about to vie for his third NFL season, was with the Jets in 2009 and the New England Patriots in 2008.

O'Connell was a third-round draft pick of the Patriots in 2008 but lasted only one year with the franchise. He was cut in the 2009 preseason when he suffered something of a meltdown in an exhibition game, throwing two interceptions while completing only 3 of 10 passes in the second half of a game against what was a backup defense.

O'Connell was picked up by the Lions who then traded him to the Jets for a seventh round pick. O'Connell was released by New York after the 2009 season.

But here's the kicker: O'Connell suffered a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder that required surgery and major rehabilitation. He did not play football in 2010.

Read more:

Last edited by ebcrew; 08-05-2011 at 02:33 PM..
 08-05-2011, 02:58 PM         #25
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
QB Tom Brandstater was cut due to the contract given to O'Connell

QB List - Henne, Moore, Devlin, O' Connell

Word is Dolphins were intrigued by O'Connell in 08 draft
 6 years ago '05        #26
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
space
 Cheeze said:
QB Tom Brandstater was cut due to the contract given to O'Connell

QB List - Henne, Moore, Devlin, O' Connell

Word is Dolphins were intrigued by O'Connell in 08 draft
Word is dude is horrible also, a QB rating of 30.2 in 3 preseason games. Probably against 2nd or third teamers.

His stats: 35 of 74 (47%) for 320 yards (4.3 YPA), 1 TD, 6 INTs

You get a QB rating of 40 for just comming out of the tunnel.

And thats before his major surgery of his throwing arm.
 6 years ago '04        #27
iLLuZiOnZ1313|M 14 heat pts14 OP
space
space
$9,168 | Props total: 1 1
until pre-season game #4 is over with I'm going to avoid opinions. I don't have much optimism to begin with, I'm not gonna add to it.
 6 years ago '04        #28
space
space

Dolphins signed OT Ray Willis, formerly of the Seahawks.
Willis didn't play a down last season thanks a knee injury, but started all 16 games for the Seahawks in 2009. However, he was slated for a backup role before getting hurt last summer, and won't draw any starts this season unless injury ravages Miami's offensive line.
Dolphins released OT Micah Kia.
An undrafted free agent out of UCLA, Kia has NFL size at 6-foot-5, 331 pounds. He should end up on somebody's practice squad.
Micah didn't last very long...
 6 years ago '04        #29
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Dolphins today worked out QB Troy Smith, formerly of the Ohio State Buckeyes and Baltimore Ravens/San Francisco 49ers. Smith has found a soft market after throwing for 1,176 yards and posting a 77.8 quarterback rating in parts of six games for the 49ers last season, but would certainly be an upgrade over current Dolphins' third-stringer Kevin O'Connell. It's possible he could even push Matt Moore for the Dolphins' backup job if he ends up in Miami.
also...
The Miami Dolphins worked out former Pro Bowl RB Larry Johnson. Although next expected to sign, Miami is looking for veteran depth behind Daniel Thomas and Reggie Bush. Former Dolphin Ricky Williams is also still on the radar for a return.
 6 years ago '05        #30
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
space
I want Ricky back.

Charles Clay beasting in practice today. a real matchup problem.
 08-06-2011, 01:05 PM         #31
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ricky back would make sense. He runs harder than Ricky and would make a good big back to have.

I like they worked out Troy Smith. I hate OSU but I think he could play decent with a better supporting cast around him.

I agree dude Clay is crazy versatile and will benefit in this blend of west coast offense they're using.
 6 years ago '05        #32
trb_5 
space
space
$5,357 | Props total: 751 751
should i draft daniel thomas or kory sheets for fantasy football
 6 years ago '04        #33
space
space
 trb_5 said:
get back to me when the Raiders are relevant in the NFL.
 08-06-2011, 02:56 PM         #34
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 trb_5 said:
 iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:
get back to me when the Raiders are relevant in the NFL.
cot damn iLL

DT since he's guaranteed to MAKE the team but I'd wait till after pre-season to do a draft. Makes no sense to do one before the season starts cause of injuries in camp/pre-season occurring.
 08-06-2011, 02:58 PM         #35
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Staying loose at camp w/ the smelling salts pranks

http://www.twitvid.com/YBZX0
http://www.twitvid.com/QYFZG
 6 years ago '04        #36
space
space
I'm happy with a wild card. I'm optimistic but realistic. A wild card game gives Sparano a second chance though :banghead:
 08-06-2011, 04:25 PM         #37
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:
I'm happy with a wild card. I'm optimistic but realistic. A wild card game gives Sparano a second chance though :banghead:
It all depends on the record that GETS THEM the WC spot I believe.

10-6 he keeps his job win or loss in the WC game

9-7 he loses it if they get k!lled in the playoff game
 08-06-2011, 04:26 PM         #38
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

The Miami Dolphins will hold their first scrimmage of the preseason on Sunday at the team’s practice facility in Davie. The practice starts at 1:50 – my guess is the scrimmage will begin about 30 or so minutes after that – and, yes, it’s open to the public and free.

We’re about a week into training camp – a little bit more – and some things are starting to come together. To this point, though, it’s been difficult to watch these eight practices and make a whole lot of definitive conclusions. Of course, that’s not true for the coaching staff, which has the benefit of going back and breaking down film – as well as the benefit of knowing exactly what they want and expect in each drill.

It’s easy for you and me to watch these parts of these practices – say, for instance, 7-on-7 work or team passing drills – and come to certain conclusions. For instance, maybe Chad Henne throws deep to a receiver, who happens to have his man beat by a step or two. But the pass is too long. Incomplete. We can conclude the obvious here: That the pass was incomplete. But we might not know the reasons behind the incompletion.

Was it because Henne threw a bad ball? Or was it because the receiver didn’t run his route properly? Were other areas of the play executed the right way? Or was it a mess that was nearly salvaged thanks to a pass that was close to being caught? Questions like these are why I’m hesitant to jump to too many conclusions from watching practices. It’s easy to think we know what we’re seeing but, really, we oftentimes can’t understand what went wrong – or right – on any given play in a practice.

Scrimmages, of course, are a little bit different. And preseason games will be significantly so. Both will provide us with a better understanding of where the Dolphins are – what their strengths are shaping up to be, where improvements need to be made, which players are emerging, which need to step up, and on and on. So tomorrow will be interesting because it should provide us a clearer picture of where this team stands now and where it might be headed for the rest of the preseason.

Here are the five things I’m most looking forward to watching during the scrimmage tomorrow:

-Offensive playcalling. The coaching staff hasn’t taken it slowly with installing Brian Daboll’s new offense. The scrimmage, then, should reflect that and we should see a variety of different looks.

-How Reggie Bush is used. Bush just started to practice for the first time this preseason earlier this week. The scrimmage should offer us our first glimpse of just how the Dolphins might plan to utilize his skills.

-Quarterback competition. Tony Sparano said recently that Henne is the unquestioned starter at this point. This will be Matt Moore’s first chance to begin to put some real heat on Henne.

-Other newcomers besides Bush. Interested to see the likes of LB Kevin Burnett, OT Marc Colombo, the aforementioned Moore, QB Kevin O’Connell and the list goes on …

-Defensive position battles. There are good ones going here and especially at defensive end, where former first-round pick Jared Odrick is hoping to regain the starting position he lost to injury early last season.

So there you have it. As Sparano said, calling it a “scrimmage” causes a certain kind of a light to go on.

“I think everybody plays at a little different pace,” he said. “That will be fun to watch.”

Until tomorrow …

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #39
space
space
Camp Notes:

[pic - click to view]

Clyde Gates has been told he's being looked at as the team's primary kick returner this season. Along with Phillip Livas and Kory Sheets, Gates has been the primary return man during camp. Reggie Bush, Davone Bess and Gates as well have been experimenting with punt return duties also in camp.

[pic - click to view]

Free Agent C Shaun O'Hara, formerly of the Giants, is expected to make a decision on whether he wants to sign with the Dolphins within the next 48 hours. Miami, the only team O'Hara has chosen to visit, has reportedly offered O'Hara a minimum 1-year contract to the veteran. Adding a.ssurance of depth to the position, O'Hara would bring veteran depth at an already young and talent C position. A long time starter for the New York Giants, O'Hara dealt with nagging injuries to both of his feet last season and was released on July 26th. The Giants are still open to re-signing him to a restructured contract.
 6 years ago '04        #40
space
space
Don't forget to show your fanhood:

Vote for Miami! We came in 2nd place last season with votes. Dallas was #1
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
32 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
119 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
84 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Shane Larkin trolls a BX member
14 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
170 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside So BX, you smashin or nah? :dead:
23 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
123 comments
24 hours ago