Miami Dolphins

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
29 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
29 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
59 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #1
7564 pageviews
138 comments

iLLuZiOnZ1313|M 14 heat pts14
space
space
$9,168 | Props total: 1 1
Miami Dolphins

The Official Miami Dolphins Thread
Hosted by iLLuZiOnZ1313

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

imageBX Dolphin Fans Ring Of Honor: image

iLLuZiOnZ1313
Unkleluc
KingJames305
madness
ebcrew
AmerikanDesi589
KingOnSlaught
casper
NLI
JNyiri77 a.k.a. "Cheeze"
P. Dedos
rrdrz
One Less Reason
D.A.R.S.
Mac1
jewelz1132
ehizzy3
TheCarter11
Scorp
The_Legend23
DJ Geezy
MrIndieArtist

Last edited by iLLuZiOnZ1313; 03-14-2015 at 11:00 AM..

138 comments for "Miami Dolphins"

6 years ago '04        #2
iLLuZiOnZ1313|M 14 heat pts14 OP
space
space
This post will be updated throughout every season. Continue to check back here for updates.

Chairman of the Board/Managing General Partner - Stephen M. Ross
Vice Chairman - Don Shula
Head Coach - Adam Gase
General Manager - Chris Grier
Offensive Coordinator - Clyde Christensen
Defensive Coordinator - Vance Joseph
Special Teams Coordinator - Darren Rizzi

Current 2015-16 Season Depth Chart:

QB - Ryan Tannehill, Matt Moore, Logan Thomas
RB - Lamar Miller, Jay Ajayi, Damien Williams
FB -
WR1 - DeVante Parker, Kenny Stills, Greg Jennings
WR2 - Rishard Matthews, Matt Hazel
WR3 - Jarvis Landry
TE - Jordan Cameron, Dion Sims, Jake Stoneburner
LT - Branden Albert, Ulrick John
LG - Billy Turner, Shelley Smith
C - Mike Pouncey, Jacques McClendon
RG - Dallas Thomas, Jamil Douglas
RT - Ja'Wuan James

LE - Olivier Vernon, Cleyon Laing, Terrence Fede, Dion Jordan
NT - Ndamukong Suh, Jordan Phillips, Earl Mitchell, Deandre Coleman
RE - Cameron Wake, Derrick Shelby
ROLB - Jelani Jenkins, Chris McCain
ILB - Kelvin Sheppard, Spencer Paysinger, Zach Vigil
LOLB - Koa Misi, Jordan Tripp
CB1 - Brent Grimes, Bobby McCain, Tyler Patmon
CB2 - Jamar Taylor, Tony Lippett, Chimdi Chekwa
FS - Louis Delmas, Walt Aikens, Michael Thomas
SS - Reshad Jones, Shamiel Gary
KR - Jarvis Landry
PR - Jarvis Landry

PK - Andrew Franks
P - Matt Darr
LS - John Denney

Last edited by iLLuZiOnZ1313; 03-03-2016 at 09:55 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #3
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Miami Dolphins coach Tony Sparano defended quarterback Chad Henne Wednesday after Henne was booed by fans at Monday night's practice at Sun Life Stadium. A smattering of fans also chanted "We want Orton," a reference to the Dolphins' pursuit of Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton, who officially will not be traded, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Wednesday.

Sparano said he was upset that fans would boo Henne or any Dolphin player at an event intended to connect the team with the fans.

"It really makes me sick," Sparano said. "When people come to the stadium like that, in one of those kind of events to support the Miami Dolphins, that's what we should be thinking about."

Sparano said he isn't concerned about the booing affecting Henne.

"We're all big boys here," Sparano said. "I'm just talking about taking my team to the stadium in one of those situations and the reason why we did it, and then to see that happen was just disappointing to me."

Last edited by iLLuZiOnZ1313; 08-03-2011 at 03:08 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #4
space
space
The Dolphins have officially moved RT Vernon Carey inside to guard.
Lydon Murtha and veteran Marc Colombo will compete at right tackle, which figures to see a major downturn in effectiveness this year. The Dolphins aren't confident in Carey's knee after extensive offseason surgery. They're also putting 2010 third-round RG John Jerry on notice, as he started training camp deep in the doghouse.
made official today
 6 years ago '04        #5
jewelz1132 5 heat pts
space
space
$12,680 | Props total: 2216 2216
I really hope Henne shuts everyone up.... Even I have doubts, but damn lol
 6 years ago '05        #6
Lobo please 30 heat pts30
space
space
$5,943 | Props total: 1839 1839
great work on this thread by the way, been a dolfan since the mid 90's
 6 years ago '05        #7
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,888 | Props total: 105 105
:applause:
 6 years ago '05        #8
trb_5 
space
space
$5,357 | Props total: 751 751
im not a dolphins fan...but i feel bad your post count is so little so i thought id boost it...i also suggest you go to the raider forum because its much more entertaining
 6 years ago '07        #9
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418
space
space
$18,668 | Props total: 4418 4418
Dolphins fan here!
 6 years ago '04        #10
space
space
 trb_5 said:
im not a dolphins fan...but i feel bad your post count is so little so i thought id boost it...i also suggest you go to the raider forum because its much more entertaining
what a joke. the raiders thread has been the same since February of 2009....
this thread gets renewed every year, and this was just renewed not even a couple hours ago...

the dolphins team thread along with the giants and cowboys have always been the most active team threads since 2004. TheFREAK and I have always held our teams down for the past 3 years so go back to your cellar with the black and white.

stick to your own team.

Last edited by iLLuZiOnZ1313; 08-03-2011 at 04:38 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #11
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Fox Sports' Jay Glazer reports free agent RB Tiki Barber worked out for the Dolphins on Tuesday.
It's Barber's first known workout since the transaction freeze was lifted last week. According to Glazer, "he looked good," but the Dolphins want to see how Daniel Thomas and Reggie Bush pan out before making a move. Barber will likely start generating more interest once teams get deeper into camp and more familiar with their personnel.
 6 years ago '04        #12
space
space

[pic - click to view]

During his talk with WQAM, Drew Rosenhaus hinted that Ricky Williams might wait for an injury at tailback before signing with a team.

Free agent Ricky Williams' agent suggested that he might wait until a team suffers an injury at tailback in camp before signing.
Williams has received no known interest on the open market. Agent Drew Rosenhaus claims that the door isn't shut on a return to Miami, but there's apparently no sense of urgency. No matter where Williams lands, he'll almost certainly be a strict backup or part of a committee.
 08-04-2011, 04:56 PM         #13
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
JNyiri77 = Cheeze
 6 years ago '04        #14
space
space
 Cheeze said:
JNyiri77 = Cheeze
lol i thought your signature looked damn familiar
 08-04-2011, 10:48 PM         #15
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:
lol i thought your signature looked damn familiar
if I want an opportunity to work with the Dolphins in the future I can't have anything traceable

Omar Kelly said Gates was burning every one at the practice tonight

Moore's first play he got sacked...by JT

Henne had a nice TD to Pruitt but under threw an open Bush
 6 years ago '05        #16
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
space
whats the matt flynn talk? is he a FA this year or next? and what about kitna? i know its only a few weeks until start of season, but how bad could it hurt?
 6 years ago '05        #17
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
space
 iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:
thats a damn shame.. whats the odds we keep ricky? hes still a beast
 08-05-2011, 12:03 AM         #18
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ebcrew said:
whats the matt flynn talk? is he a FA this year or next? and what about kitna? i know its only a few weeks until start of season, but how bad could it hurt?
Someone mentioned it's probably not even an option at this point - Kitna I mean. Pat Devlin is playing decent enough in camp so he is the 3, Moore the 2. Tom Brandstater is OK according to Omar kelly based on who he's going against but he'll be practice squad again. getting Kitna would imply that Henne/Kitna would be the 1/2, Moore the 3 and Devlin on the practice squad - surely someone would pick him up and a couple mill for a 3rd string QB in Moore doesn't make sense.

Flynn is a FA next yr if I recall. If this season fails and a new coaching staff and GM comes in, best believe they will DRAFT a 1st rd QB and not trade for someone already in the league even though I wouldn't mind Flynn, his price is only going to rise from this point on and is a commodity that GB doesn't want to part with. The new regime would be judged immediately on their draft and if they were to not draft a QB in the 1st rd the hate will start flying from the jump.

Last edited by Cheeze; 08-05-2011 at 12:06 AM..
 08-05-2011, 11:38 AM         #19
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

• Fourth and sixth-round rookies come with no guarantees of playing time, but the Dolphins like what they’ve seen so far from Clyde Gates, enough that they have passed on several prominent veteran receivers. And though sixth-rounder Charles Clay is dealing with information overload (he’s learning three positions), coach Tony Sparano has a role in mind, believing his versatility can add an unpredictable element.

Sparano said Thursday getting enough snaps for both rookies, provided they earn it, “will be important” this season. The recent success of several mid-round rookie receivers has him “absolutely” believing Gates will be a factor.

Sparano compared Gates and fellow Abilene Christian alum Johnny Knox, a fifth-rounder who had 45 catches for 527 yards and five touchdowns as a Chicago Bears rookie.

“They’re kind of similar guys, though Gates didn’t play as much football,” Sparano said, because Gates quit football after his freshman year of high school in Vernon, Tx., to play basketball, including two years at a junior college. Bernard Scott, now with the Bengals, helped Gates get a tryout as a walk-on at Abilene when basketball fizzled as an option.
Gates said he and Knox “talk every night and what he did as a rookie gives me inspiration.” Gates also has a “good relationship” with his father, who was released in October after an 18-year prison term for murder.

NFL Network’s Mike Mayock compares Gates with Mike Wallace, who caught 39 passes for 756 yards as a rookie for Pittsburgh. “My speed you can’t teach,” Gates said. “And my route running is pretty good.”

Yeremiah Bell and Sean Smith offered positive early reviews but said Gates has a lot to learn, especially recognizing coverages. “He’s not faster than Ted Ginn, but he’s close,” Smith said. Gates had the fastest 40-yard time at the NFL Combine among receivers (4.37) despite a groin injury. Gates has caught several long passes during the first week of practice, including a 50-yard touchdown pass from Chad Henne on Thursday night.

“This guy catches the football well, but it’s the top end speed,” Sparano said. “I see a different gear than what we had” before. “To have to account for his speed can help create some big plays [for others]. If he can be the returner we think, that will help us as well.”

Gates averaged 26.7 yards on college kickoffs but has never returned punts. He had 66 catches for 1182 yards last season (17.9).

Clay said he has been staying up until 2 a.m. to learn three positions: H-back, fullback (where he started at Tulsa) and tight end. He expects to be used mostly at H-back - “where I can end up out wide or in motion” - but is also comfortable at tight end, having played there a lot in 2010.

“I have soft hands, and my speed will help me a lot,” said Clay, who dropped an easy pass this week but is an accomplished receiver (189 catches, 13.5 yard average, 28 touchdowns at Tulsa). He averaged 5.1 yards per carry on 179 college rushing attempts, but his skills in the passing game most intrigue Miami.

“I can see him playing in a few different spots,” Sparano said. “I’m trying, with a player like that, to become a little less predictable.”

• Tiki Barber wasn’t the only big-name, trying-to-revive-his-career running back called by the Dolphins. Miami also summoned former Chiefs Pro Bowler Larry Johnson for a workout in the past week, league sources said. Like with Barber, the Dolphins didn’t close the door with Johnson. They want to see how their young backs do in camp.

Johnson, 31, averaged 4.4 yards on 46 carries for the Bengals in 2009 but was cut by Washington last September after rushing five times for two yards. The Dolphins have passed so far not only on Ricky Williams, but also on several younger backs available ( Kevin Smith, Laurence Maroney, Jerome Harrison).

Barber "did a nice job" in his workout, Sparano said. "We're trying to do our homework and make sure we look at everything."

• Though new Dolphins right tackle Marc Colombo, 32, has had a good career, here’s what should worry Dolfans: His 2010 play was ranked 76th among 78 tackles by Pro Football Focus. What’s more, among all tackles, he allowed the 14th-most sacks (seven), the second-most quarterback hits (11) and third-most quarterback pressures (40). “He didn’t play great, but he’s still a good run-blocker, and brings toughness and nastiness to their line,” Cowboys radio analyst Babe Laufenberg said.

[pic - click to view]

I really liked these two pick-ups in the draft with the versatility of Clay and Gates' speed can open it up for Marshall and Bush receiving.

Last edited by Cheeze; 08-05-2011 at 11:40 AM..
 08-05-2011, 12:02 PM         #20
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Amid all of Thursday's frenzy of Brett Favre rumors and the team's first full-team practice, I think perhaps the biggest news of the day got lost in the confusion of that swirling vortex.

Chad Henne apparently has been named Miami's starting quarterback.

"Yes, he's the starter right now," coach Tony Sparano said.

One of the things I need to keep reminding myself of as we get back into the swing of football season is that statements made by coaches, players, teams, whatever, are typically snapshots in time. They are not decrees set in stone intended to last eons.

When I reported last week the Kyle Orton trade was not dead, it was not dead. But NFL teams move forward -- remember Miami going to Reggie Bush once DeAngelo Williams was off the board? Things change.

Well today Chad Henne is Miami's starting QB. And the Dolphins don't have what can be trumpeted as a heated quarterback competition.

Want a prediction?

Before the preseason is over, I think some Dolphins fans will be calling for Matt Moore as a viable quarterback answer.

I do not think Moore will actually be the starter (speaking today) but if his practice Thursday night -- his first with the Dolphins -- is any indication, he will have his moments during this preseason. And I bet some fans will see his work and float the idea of him as a possible starter.

The reason I think this?

Moore was pretty good. He connected several times on pretty fly (nine) routes. He had nice footwork both in the pocket and on bootlegs. He also showed a willingness to hit the seam route to the tight end. Overall, Moore seemed comfortable in the offense.

That solid work, plus the fact he's going to be competing primarily against second-team defenders could conspire to make him look pretty good future practices and preseason games.

And you know what will happen when Miami's quarterback-hungry fans see that from Moore?

They'll suggest the Dolphins take another look at that naming of Chad Henne as the starter.

[pic - click to view]

They've said we are running a blend of the west-coast offense, according to Reggie Bush, and if that's the case I wouldn't mind seeing Matt Moore run it.

Everyone knows Henne has the cannon but is wildly inaccurate downfield when doing so. In a previous thread/article I likened his style to that of Chad Pennington's - intermediate short routes are accurate, doesn't excel in arm strength but is capable to do so. I thought we wouldn't be running the west-coast offense but if we are this benefits Moore more than it does Henne.

People need to know what a player is and what he can do before writing him off. Moore could be a blessing in disguise.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rape Case Against Nelly DROPPED........Nelly Plans To Sue Accuseer
32 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
19 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy