Is Jay Z Really A Good Business Man??

most viewed right now
 108
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
47 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 92
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
102 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 83
Damn!! Is all I can say
71 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 54
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
76 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #161
blackjewelz 
space
avatar space
space
$5,446 | Props total: 3247 3247
 AriGold said:
And Jay still not worth more than Diddy and 50 right on his tails and will probably pass him when he sells that SK sh*t or the SMS company.

Jay can't sell anything right now and cake out. His last a.sset was Rocawear when he sold it for 200 million.

People really saying someone won when they marry someone else? lol

Wow..the stanning is at an all time high lol
not being worth more than Diddy & barely being worth more than 50 =/= being a bad businessman..the fu*k are you even talking about?All three are great businessmen.Ain't nobody stanning I just broke your sh*t down with logic and rational thinking.I don't even fu*k with Jay like that lil homie.

I didn't say he won marrying Beyonce,I said marrying Beyonce made him more money than Dame probably ever did.Seems like you trying to give Dame all the credit as being a good businessman meanwhile the facts say Dame fu*ked all his money up.So who really stanning?

Your logic is that he's bad at business because why?He doesn't "own" anything that he can sell for a lump sum like Vitamin Water or Dre Beats?So what?He's making deals & making money.Bottom line is business is profits.That logic is foolish.


Last edited by blackjewelz; 08-29-2012 at 01:46 PM..
 08-29-2012, 01:36 PM         #162
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You can't say he is a bad business man and discredit his contribution to the Roc's success. At the end of the day, he's worth a half a billie. Dame is not even close and Biggs is in jail.

Although Jay is not the shrewdest of businessmen, he's far from a failure. His failure at being Def Jam's president shows he can't manage people under him nor make decisions that will move their company forward. However, his personal success are things legends are made out of. That's why him and Dame made a good team, they complimented each other.....
 5 years ago '10        #163
AriGold 171 heat pts171 OP
space
avatar space
space
$4,832 | Props total: 2222 2222
Here, maybe I should ask the question more simple.

You know how Diddy can sell his stake in Ciroc right now for a huge pay day or how 50 can sell his SMS or SK for a huge pay day?

What can Jay Z sell right now that would net him a large pay day like that?

That's what I'm saying..he does not have one of those huge business ventures ever since he sold Rocawear and Dame is the one that created it lol Jay will never have another one of those again.

so that's my question..what can Jay sell right now that would net him a huge pay day?
 5 years ago '07        #164
blackjewelz 
space
avatar space
space
$5,446 | Props total: 3247 3247
 AriGold said:
Here, maybe I should ask the question more simple.

You know how Diddy can sell his stake in Ciroc right now for a huge pay day or how 50 can sell his SMS or SK for a huge pay day?

What can Jay Z sell right now that would net him a large pay day like that?

That's what I'm saying..he does not have one of those huge business ventures ever since he sold Rocawear and Dame is the one that created it lol Jay will never have another one of those again.

so that's my question..what can Jay sell right now that would net him a huge pay day?

You do realize that's a TOTALLY different question than "Is JayZ really a good businessman",right?lol

You're right about that,he doesn't have any ONE thing that he can sell but so what?That doesn't make you a bad businessman.There are other ways to make money in business.I'm sure if he sold a bunch of his smaller sh*t,he could cash in.As long as profit is involved,both ways are good business.

I've never had millions of dollars to know but if I had to guess I would think the way Jay does it is harder than making a giant profit off of one company.Staying consistent with the paper flow has to count for something though.


Last edited by blackjewelz; 08-29-2012 at 01:57 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #165
da12nvx 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$360 | Props total: 0 0
 5 years ago '10        #166
ARosary 47 heat pts47
space
avatar space
space
$9,790 | Props total: 2885 2885
This is life lessons & doesn’t just pertain to Jay

…its not what YOU know its WHO you know…

Jay exemplifies this statement.
 08-29-2012, 02:11 PM         #167
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats because dame did everything for him, all j had to dude was rap, but once he blew and didnt need dame he bounced
 5 years ago '10        #168
AriGold 171 heat pts171 OP
space
avatar space
space
$4,832 | Props total: 2222 2222
 blackjewelz said:
You do realize that's a TOTALLY different question than "Is JayZ really a good businessman",right?lol

You're right about that,he doesn't have any ONE thing that he can sell but so what?That doesn't make you a bad businessman.There are other ways to make money in business.I'm sure if he sold a bunch of his smaller sh*t,he could cash in.As long as profit is involved,both ways are good business.

I've never had millions of dollars to know but if I had to guess I would think the way Jay does it is harder than making a giant profit off of one company.Staying consistent with the paper flow has to count for something though.
Thank you, that was my point

Ever since Dame left he has nothing else he can sell off to net a huge profit. This is why he is not a good business man. Like I said..he's like Michael Jordan. He's good at one thing and he uses that to have people do the deals for him.

Diddy and 50 have active HUGE BUSINESS VENTURES and Jay is lagging behind.

I swear if it wasn't for Beyonce, Jay would almost be an afterthought right now lol
 5 years ago '05        #169
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$39,889 | Props total: 8413 8413
 AriGold said:
He doesn't own any of that sh*t lol

Diddy owns Sean John, Blue Flame, Bad Boy, almost 50% of Ciroc.

50 owns SMS, SK etc...

What does Jay Z own?
you put "etc" at the end of 50...just wonder, what the ex cetera?
 08-29-2012, 02:16 PM         #170
Skratch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hes a average business man, his rap music is what allowed him to venture to other things, same way with 50, i dont consider them great because they never built anything from the ground up, one you get famous all these opportunities they took are thrown at you and none of them are innovative and none of them have ever been in the situation to make a major decision within a company
 5 years ago '10        #171
AriGold 171 heat pts171 OP
space
avatar space
space
$4,832 | Props total: 2222 2222
 StateProperty88 said:
you put "etc" at the end of 50...just wonder, what the ex cetera?
He's only about to be the largest boxing promoter in the game with the TMT Promotions.

You ever heard of Floyd Mayweather Jr?

 5 years ago '05        #172
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$39,889 | Props total: 8413 8413
 AriGold said:
He's only about to be the largest boxing promoter in the game with the TMT Promotions.

You ever heard of Floyd Mayweather Jr?

but you were saying that jay doesnt have business like the one you described (which i agree with) but TMT isnt like those other companies you described. its just launching and only has one notable f!ghter who actually has a contract with another promotion company

50 cant flip TMT into 9 figures, i thought those were the types of companies you were naming, but if you talking about companies in development jay does have those
 5 years ago '07        #173
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,850 | Props total: 4839 4839
 AriGold said:
Name me 1 business deal Jay has started AFTER DAME LEFT that is successful.
40/40 club
 5 years ago '10        #174
AriGold 171 heat pts171 OP
space
avatar space
space
$4,832 | Props total: 2222 2222
 r.burgundy said:
40/40 club
40/40 club has been a failure bro.
The one in Vegas closed, the one in NY is always opening and closing due to violations.

I thought I heard he was putting it in airports lol

Now he's putting it in the arena lol

40/40 is Jay's version of Justins (Puff's place)
 08-29-2012, 02:54 PM         #175
Mwana Ya Lola 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I agree with OP.

Jay-z is "just" a rich guy.

His rap career and his image gave him money.

Beside that, he's unable to make any substantial move.

50 is trying, but since 2003, his worth keep going down.

To make moves is good, but it needs to be profitable moves.
 5 years ago '04        #176
BackBlock_OG 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$6,959 | Props total: 1094 1094
This has gotta be one of the dumbest threads I've ever saw. How are you questioning the business acumen of someone who's worth around a 1/2 billion? The whole point of going into business is TO MAKE MONEY! How could you say, "yeah he's rich but he's a horrible businessman." Does that even make sense? Jay-Z didn't win the lotto. He grew up poor in the projects and hustled his way to where he's at now. The OP keeps asking what investment does he have. How the fu*k would we know? I'm not his accountant. Just like you researched all the bad investment he's made, if you put that same energy into looking into his sucessful investments, you could answer your own question.

I keep hearing these Jordan comparisons, but it's nowhere near the same. If Jordan came into the league owning the rights to his own sneakers and structured a 75/25 deal w/ the Bulls to split profits, than he would be like Jay. When other greats like B.I.G. and Nas were signing slave deals, Jay went independent, kept ownership of his masters and was co-CEO of his own label. So after reasonable doubt's success, Jay, Dame and Biggs were able to negociate a 75/25 distribution deal w/ Def Jam for the record label he owned. Which basically meant he had the creative control, masters ownership and profit sharing of an independent artist, with the distribution and machine behind him like an artist who signed a r*pe deal w/ a major; which was unheard of. If that's not an example of him being a good businessman, I don't know what is.
 5 years ago '10        #177
AriGold 171 heat pts171 OP
space
avatar space
space
$4,832 | Props total: 2222 2222
 BackBlock_OG said:
This has gotta be one of the dumbest threads I've ever saw. How are you questioning the business acumen of someone who's worth around a 1/2 billion? The whole point of going into business is TO MAKE MONEY! How could you say, "yeah he's rich but he's a horrible businessman." Does that even make sense? Jay-Z didn't win the lotto. He grew up poor in the projects and hustled his way to where he's at now. The OP keeps asking what investment does he have. How the fu*k would we know? I'm not his accountant. Just like you researched all the bad investment he's made, if you put that same energy into looking into his sucessful investments, you could answer your own question.

I keep hearing these Jordan comparisons, but it's nowhere near the same. If Jordan came into the league owning the rights to his own sneakers and structured a 75/25 deal w/ the Bulls to split profits, than he would be like Jay. When other greats like B.I.G. and Nas were signing slave deals, Jay went independent, kept ownership of his masters and was co-CEO of his own label. So after reasonable doubt's success, Jay, Dame and Biggs were able to negociate a 75/25 distribution deal w/ Def Jam for the record label he owned. Which basically meant he had the creative control, masters ownership and profit sharing of an independent artist, with the distribution and machine behind him like an artist who signed a r*pe deal w/ a major; which was unheard of. If that's not an example of him being a good businessman, I don't know what is.
Nets Fan!!!!



Edit: The success of Reasonable Doubt? Were you even alive when that album dropped?

That album was not a success until years later lol


Last edited by AriGold; 08-29-2012 at 03:21 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #178
BackBlock_OG 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$6,959 | Props total: 1094 1094
 AriGold said:
Nets Fan!!!!



Edit: The success of Reasonable Doubt? Were you even alive when that album dropped?

That album was not a success until years later lol
Was I alive? I'm 33 idiot. The album went gold, just like Illmatic when it came out, The Infamous, Only Built..., and a sh*tload of other albums you call classic. The difference is, Jay owned the masters and was signed to an independent, so he made a sh*tload more money than those other dudes. sh*t he made more money that B.I.G. did and ready to die went platinum. If it wasn't sucessful, why do you think they signed the deal w/ Def Jam idiot. How old are you?
 5 years ago '10        #179
hustlershope84 
space
space
space
$1,332 | Props total: 35 35
 AriGold said:
He doesn't own any of that sh*t lol

Diddy owns Sean John, Blue Flame, Bad Boy, almost 50% of Ciroc.

50 owns SMS, SK etc...

What does Jay Z own?
Diddy gets a 50/50 split of North American profit he doesn't own 50% of company.

"Various executives in the music and liquor industries claim that Jay-Z receives profit from every bottle of the brand sold. The cost of production per bottle is $13, and the market value is $225 for each of the 60,000 bottles produced annually. In conclusion, if the Rap star divided profit evenly with the dealer, he would earn slightly over $4 million per year, though the publication estimates he makes well over, being that the equity in the brand is valued around $50 million." Essentially the same arrangment Puff got with Ciroc.



Now Jay-Z isn't the owner of RocNation?
 5 years ago '10        #180
AriGold 171 heat pts171 OP
space
avatar space
space
$4,832 | Props total: 2222 2222
 BackBlock_OG said:
Was I alive? I'm 33 idiot. The album went gold, just like Illmatic when it came out, The Infamous, Only Built..., and a sh*tload of other albums you call classic. The difference is, Jay owned the masters and was signed to an independent, so he made a sh*tload more money than those other dudes. sh*t he made more money that B.I.G. did and ready to die went platinum. If it wasn't sucessful, why do you think they signed the deal w/ Def Jam idiot. How old are you?
I'm fu*king shocked your 33 and you actually think Reasonable Doubt hit hard when it dropped. That album was so far ahead of it's time. It did not hit hard when it came out and Jay was nowhere near the King of NY at that time. He was like 4th or 5th in line back then.
Them shiny suits had the game fu*ked up and Jay was so confused he came with this video:


[video - click to view]


Like I said..he always followed.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 38
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
90 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 36
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
75 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 30
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 23
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
173 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
73 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 12
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
197 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 11
The Overwatch Community Is fu-ked Up.
38 comments
18 hours ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy