Is Jay Z Really A Good Business Man??

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
34 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #141
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,687 | Props total: 11373 11373
good points.

at the end of the day. maybe thats why he refers to himself as lucky lefty.

he is one hell of a rapper though.
 5 years ago '08        #142
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,543 | Props total: 17181 17181
 AriGold said:
Oh you mean, the team he owns 1.5% of?

I wonder how much $$ he been losing with them? If you ever been to their games (which I doubt) their games are never sold out. NEVER!!!

When was the last time you heard him even talk about the Nets?
Watch when D Williams leaves them
what the hell?
he really thinks the new arena will be like where Nets played in NJ
hope you realize they will sell out NBA GAMES, CONCERTS, etc they are in NYC now
the B center is a big deal not just for basketball.

btw I am still waiting for Dame to make another Jay z....
 5 years ago '07        #143
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,836 | Props total: 4815 4815
 AriGold said:
Bump This bi*ch!!

Without Dame he has not had a successful business start up.

He has always been a follower. For you guys that either don't remember or were to young..Jay was never King of NY when the heavy weights were around. BIG, Pac, Wu, Nas..Jay never had the spotlight to himself until BIG and PAC passed and Wu split up. Nas destroyed him with ether also!

Jay always been a leach and he's nowhere near the business man of Diddy or 50.
he invested 1 mill and gets to put a 40/40 club,rocawear store and a luxury suite in tha nbas most state of tha art arena.do u not his understand his live nation deal is more than rocafella was eva worth?

and do u not see dame dash gettin his property foreclosed and filin for bankruptcy?currency is suin dame for bad business smh.

only thing dame was good at was cashin in on jayz.talk about a leech.at least hov can rap.what can dame do?
 5 years ago '07        #144
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 AriGold said:
How can you be successful when someone black balls you.

Facts are facts and the facts are Dame negotiated

1. Rocafella Records

2. Rocawear

3. Roc Films

4. Armadale

5. Dame signed Kanye (even Kanye admits this)

Dame was the driving force behind that entire movement.

sh*t was funny to me when Jay said "I heard mufukas saying they made Hov, okay so make another Hov"

That's like asking Puff to make another BIG.

Stop slurping this man Jay Z. He's paid from other peoples hard work.
Get it how you can tho right?

here are some facts that u missed.witout jay,there is no rocafella.dame dash did nothin musically.puff at least stole samples

jay paid dame 30 mil for his share of rocawear,and flipped it for 240 mil.how is that not good business lol

roc films and armadale were both flops lol

dame also signed nicole wray,odb,amil,noriega,and tha diplomats which ultimately led to their split up
 5 years ago '10        #145
AriGold 171 heat pts171 OP
space
space
$4,820 | Props total: 2207 2207
It's impossible to argue with people who choose to read what they want.

None of my points are false.

Dame negotiated everything.
 5 years ago '07        #146
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 AriGold said:
It's impossible to argue with people who choose to read what they want.

None of my points are false.

Dame negotiated everything.
u sat in on these negotiations?
 08-29-2012, 11:55 AM         #147
3rdcoasta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how many bad business men do you know worth a billie?
 5 years ago '10        #148
space
space
 3rdcoasta said:
how many bad business men do you know worth a billie?
He's not even worth half a billie tho

Where are you getting your info from?

08-29-2012, 11:56 AM         #149
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #150
space
space
One of the reasons why Dame is blackballed...

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #151
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,414 | Props total: 6439 6439
 AriGold said:
if you're that great of a businessman how you going let something you "created" blackball you and you can't come up with something else just as good.

out of all them deals you named. how many of them does he have left? he let kanye have a chance but he ended up siding with jay.

all the artists that was fuking with him for dd172 done left except for ski beatz,murs and a couple of country singers and the only reason McKenzie Eddy hasn't left because she helps run it. Curren$y is suing him and that was the main artist he was riding with back then.

rocafella needed all 3 of them to work. so now look at the situation.

biggs is on his way or in jail
dame doesn't have much of anything and facing tax sh!t
and jay-z is still jay-z

all he has to do is make another hov right?
 5 years ago '05        #152
Martel 18 heat pts18
space
space
$14,818 | Props total: 2623 2623
he's obviously a good businessman. businessmen do have failures you know. trump's companies has filed for bankruptcy 3+ times. Is he the best businessman? No.. But he's made tons more than the average MBA graduate and he didn't go to college..
 5 years ago '10        #153
space
space
Name me 1 business deal Jay has started AFTER DAME LEFT that is successful.
 5 years ago '10        #154
hustlershope84 
space
space
space
$1,332 | Props total: 35 35
 AriGold said:
Name me 1 business deal Jay has started AFTER DAME LEFT that is successful.
4 million a year from Ace of spades. LiveNation deal worth 150 million. RocNation.
 5 years ago '10        #155
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,538 | Props total: 5870 5870
 AriGold said:

Facts are facts and the facts are Dame negotiated

1. Rocafella Records

2. Rocawear

3. Roc Films

4. Armadale

5. Dame signed Kanye (even Kanye admits this)

Dame was the driving force behind that entire movement.

sh*t was funny to me when Jay said "I heard mufukas saying they made Hov, okay so make another Hov"

That's like asking Puff to make another BIG.

Stop slurping this man Jay Z. He's paid from other peoples hard work.
Get it how you can tho right?

Dame blackballed himself. You can't be extremely disrespectful to people and expect them to want to work with you.
 5 years ago '10        #156
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,317 | Props total: 8298 8298
Every business makes mistakes. But as long as your good investments and their profits outweigh your bad ones and their deficits, I can pass you as a good business man because at the end of the day that's what really matters. Profit.
 5 years ago '07        #157
blackjewelz 
space
space
$5,446 | Props total: 3247 3247
 AriGold said:
People always want to jump on this guys nuts when he buys a company but a lot of people don't talk about his bad investments.

Let's think about it.

Who negotiated the Rocawear deal? Dame

Who negotiated the Rocafella Records deal? Dame

Who was the person that was in all the meetings making sure all the artists got taken care of? Dame

Who did Kanye West say was the only person that believed in him and wanted to put an album out? Dame

Jay Z is similar to Michael Jordan. Their great at what they do and they get business opportunities presented to them because they are so good at what they do.
However, as far as being a business man...I think Jay is terrible.
He signed Rihanna which was a great move but he also signed Tierra Marie, Tru Life, Uncle Murda, Willow Smith and God knows who else. It k!lls me when people give him credit for signing Kanye when Dame was actually the one.

I mean, just look how much Beyonce fell off now that she's being managed by Jay and not her father. This last album she put out has pretty much come and went. Compare Beys album she just dropped to all of her other albums. She had classic songs on her other albums...If I Was A Boy, Put A Ring On It, Irreplaceable, Naughty Girl, Ring The Alarm, If I Were A Boy, Diva, Deja Vu....the list goes on. Are we going to add Girls Run The World to that list?

Jay is rich and he's a legend!! He needs to stick to rapping.

Take a look at this...

* Two Manhattan hotel development projects, one in Chelsea and the other in the Meatpacking District, fizzled out this year, costing Jay-Z and a company he controls about $50 million.

* His almost 7-year-old 40/40 Club franchise, while still successful overall, has taken a few lumps as the 80,000-square-foot Las Vegas edition, with its 80-plus plasma TVs, was closed in late 2008 after just eight months in business — a victim of low attendance. Plus, a Chicago club, first expected to debut in 2009, is still not open.

* In March, he walked away from a reported $2 million investment in the Aqueduct Entertainment Group, an entity selected to develop a “racino” at Aqueduct Racetrack. He bailed after federal and state authorities started to investigate potential corruption in the selection process.

* An investment alongside Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith​ in “Fela!”, the critically acclaimed Broadway musical, has yet to turn a profit — but it could, theater-watchers say, especially if Jay-Z starts getting out in front of it and markets it the way Elton John​ is always promoting his 2008 hit “Billy Elliott.”

* Plus, there is his 1.5 percent stake in the New Jersey Nets​ which has performed as poorly as the team since he bought it in 2004. Jay-Z was among the group that purchased the team for $300 million — but it’s now worth $269 million, a drop of 10 percent. Jay-Z could have done better putting the cash into a mutual fund that tracked the sickly S&P 500 Index — which is up 7.6 percent, not counting dividends, over the same period.
Jay deciding to marry Beyonce alone is > than any business venture Dame ever pulled off.Even in his relationship,he's getting money haha.

Jay filthy rich & Dame broke so you giving Dame credit he doesn't deserve.& even if all the sh*t you're saying about Dame starting everything were true,wouldn't the fact that he's hurting right now prove that he's a BAD businessman?How he fu*k all that money up?Hmmmmmmm...

Any REAL businessman,from the streets to the corporate types,will tell you that losses come with the territory.Business is high risk,high reward.

Also,you shouldn't even mention Willow Smith or Beyonce because despite your PERSONAL OPINION of them,they are popular as fu*k.And regardless of how YOU feel Beyonces album was or how you think Jay managing her hurts her,the sh*t still went platinum and was a hit."came & went" my a.ss haha sh*t came & went straight to the top of the charts.

Then there's the Nets,which were an INVESTMENT.Just because they have dropped in value 10% since they were bought means nothing sir.They aren't stuck there.Their value can rise just like it fell.The owners knew what they were getting into when they took over.That investment doesn't bank as a loss unless he sells his share for less than 1mil(his original investment) and even then how big of a loss would that REALLY be for him?

Last edited by blackjewelz; 08-29-2012 at 01:32 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #158
space
space
 hustlershope84 said:
4 million a year from Ace of spades. LiveNation deal worth 150 million. RocNation.
He doesn't own any of that sh*t lol

Diddy owns Sean John, Blue Flame, Bad Boy, almost 50% of Ciroc.

50 owns SMS, SK etc...

What does Jay Z own?
 5 years ago '10        #159
space
space
 Ant McQueen said:
Dame blackballed himself. You can't be extremely disrespectful to people and expect them to want to work with you.
Your out of control bro...

Diddy slammed Steve Stoute over the head with a bottle and he's done much more than that and he wasn't blackballed.

Do you even know what blackballed means?
 5 years ago '10        #160
space
space
 blackjewelz said:
Jay deciding to marry Beyonce alone is > than any business venture Dame ever pulled off.Even in his relationship,he's getting money haha.

Jay filthy rich & Dame broke so you giving Dame credit he doesn't deserve.& even if all the sh*t you're saying about Dame starting everything were true,wouldn't the fact that he's hurting right now prove that he's a BAD businessman?How he fu*k all that money up?Hmmmmmmm...

Any REAL businessman,from the streets to the corporate types,will tell you that losses come with the territory.Business is high risk,high reward.

Also,you shouldn't even mention Willow Smith or Beyonce because despite your PERSONAL OPINION of them,they are popular as fu*k.And regardless of how YOU feel Beyonces album was or how you think Jay managing her hurts her,the sh*t still went platinum and was a hit."came & went" my a.ss haha sh*t came & went straight to the top of the charts.
And Jay still not worth more than Diddy and 50 right on his tails and will probably pass him when he sells that SK sh*t or the SMS company.

Jay can't sell anything right now and cake out. His last a.sset was Rocawear when he sold it for 200 million.

People really saying someone won when they marry someone else? lol

Wow..the stanning is at an all time high lol
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
85 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
75 comments
1 day ago