Is Jay Z Really A Good Business Man??

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
55 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
306 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
85 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 01-29-2012, 09:09 AM         #121
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jay is a acceptable black and has turned into a house n*gga so the white people will make sure there top n*gga is good

thats what happens when you sellout you get paid
 01-29-2012, 09:25 AM         #122
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dame Dash said:
You're full of sh*t
Dame wanted to take Rocawear high end and Jay blocked it and kept it urban
Dame isn't college educated
Jay hasn't doubled his worth since the breakup that's bullsh*t
The Live Nation thing is just for Jay's touring, Roc Nation is distributed by Sony

Actually, I'm not full of sh*t, you are. There was no need to be disrespectful, as I was simply stating my take on the subject.
 6 years ago '06        #123
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,917 | Props total: 7614 7614
 dlettern said:
As a person who comes from a successful family business, it's clear that business success is mostly opportunity and luck. Success is rarely connected to one person's prowess. You have already expressed what makes him a great business man. Everything he touches turns into gold (with the exception of his own label).

Steve Jobs was a great business man because he was a visionary. He saw what others can't. That separates business people. Your statement above contradicts itself.

What makes Trump different from Jay Z?
Many things seperate jay and trump, trump has had way more successful business ventures than bad ones. Reread my last sentence, everything jay touch doesnt turn to gold. But for a long time, everything trump touched did.

Steve jobs was a visionary who was smart enough to capitalize off of it. That makes him genious because all visionarys arent smart enough to capitalize, he had business savy. A great businessman pimps the game like gates did. But this isnt about jobs its jayz. Pixar alone makes jobs a better business man than jayz and I dont consider jobbs to be one of the top business men.

Im self made, and where im from preperation + opportunity = success. There is no luck, so success is determined by one person's prowess, as the person more prepared for success typically has success when the opportunity rises. If jay z had more wins than losses when it comes to his known ventures he'd be a great business man. But having alot of money and tricking it off on failed business ventures over and over again makes you irresponsible.
 6 years ago '06        #124
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
LOL you sound dumb as sh*t....

Even the most successful businessmen had failed investments... thats a part of BUSINESS.

smh... the way you mufukas try to hide your hate behind some bullsh*t excuses is hilarioius..
No doubt, now name me some investments that had success? Outside of his own music.

Being successful is a big part of BUSINESS

The way you mufukas try to hide your stanery is hilarious. I cant be a jay z fan if I dont think he's a genious business man? This stan is trying to kick me out if the jay z fan club for keeping it real.
 6 years ago '06        #125
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
LOL word... call you out on ya bullsh*t.. automatically get labeled a "stan"...

ahhh good ol boxden logic...

And as far as successfuil investments aside from his own music...

#1 - Nobody but that man his financial advisors, and accountants know what all his investments are.
#2 Rocawear.. but let me guess that was all dame right?
#3 Oh and last I checked j cole, and willow smith werent doin too bad... oh yea and that other chick.. I think her name is rihanna??

You can sit here and nitpick all you want but the fact is he's successful... while you sittin around broke talkin bout what he need to be doin LOL
Ok stanley. You dont even know what this thread is about. You just saw jay zs name and decided to ride
 6 years ago '10        #126
AriGold 171 heat pts171 OP
space
space
$4,832 | Props total: 2222 2222
 whothebestmc said:
ok so since rocawear for some reason doesn't count I just want to do a quick reversal of these critics

lets look at diddys unsuccessful business ventures

justin's restaurants is a complete failure, if you think the 40/40 clubs (which jay has made a lot of money off of) idk what you would consider this restaurant to be as far as business ventures go

enyce clothing line/sean john together don't match the revenue of rocawear it is almost 6 times less than rocawear not to mention enyce being a complete bust.

I'm not sure on the profit business wise of the I am king fragrance line.

ciroc is obviously a huge deal, and he might have a few more poor business ventures from earlier in his career that I am forgetting.

I don't think I even need to start with the bad decisions dame makes but just to humor the thread

dame flopped on pro keds, dash films, blocksavvy.com, armadale vodka, the motor oil venture, magnet radio, hip hop monologues, and I am probably forgetting some. Not to mention dame sold his stake in rocawear for 20 million and managed to lose the majority of that money while jay continues to profit off rocawear after selling it for 204 million, who needed who?

Diddy might be a better business man than jay z but does that make jay a bad business man? nope.
Somebody ban this guy!!

Sean John is the more successful than Rocawear will ever be. Are you kidding me with that statement?
 6 years ago '04        #127
BeatTycoon 268 heat pts268
space
space
$4,151 | Props total: 4 4
Although I agree with the OP, Jay himself acknowledged this with his "I'm not a businessman I'm a business, man" line.
 6 years ago '04        #128
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,565 | Props total: 2836 2836
 RedLight said:
The guy is worth half a billion dollars, it takes a certain type of business mentality to get there. Jay himself is a brand, he is his biggest and most profitable business.

If that's not being a good business man, i don't know what is.

its actually not being a good businessman. . .hes just a talent. Jordan was a talent too

but youre exactly right though. Jay is a commodity that a wide variety of people want to consume or be attached to. So his best business move has been establishing that brand. And hes really not the only one or even the main one establishing that brand.

But other than that, OP is right. . .Jay makes tons of mistakes in business and not alot of good decisions. Most of the sh*t he does are moves that keep his brand in the news even if theyre bad decisions

he's a lot like donald trump in that way. sh*tty businessman and terrible decisions but he established a brand though
 01-29-2012, 11:29 AM         #129
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Anyone can roll the dice.
 6 years ago '10        #130
bbqslap 
space
space
$2,128 | Props total: 278 278
 AriGold said:

Thanks for proving my point.

This is why he will never be as good a business man as Diddy or 50.

Truth hurts

Wow, someone needs a life. U R sitting at home trying to discredit this man's accomplishments/investments? What a loser.
 6 years ago '05        #131
ice wolf 515 heat pts515
space
space
$9,301 | Props total: 5492 5492
All business men have wins and losses. It comes with the territory. Donald Trump has had his companies go bankrupt and he's still a billionaire. Jay-Z took credit for Dame's work. Smart business people steal ideas and piggyback off of others all the time.

Jay-Z has had a lot of good luck and will continue to succeed, but I agree that he's not the sharpest mind in the business world. Diddy has had a lot of losses as well but he's still worth hundreds of millions of dollars.
 6 years ago '11        #132
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
space
$19,569 | Props total: 9489 9489
 AriGold said:
Somebody ban this guy!!

Sean John is the more successful than Rocawear will ever be. Are you kidding me with that statement?
you serious? rocawear makes 700 million a year

sean john 132 million, don't just guess before you say things look them up.
 6 years ago '05        #133
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,201 | Props total: 11808 11808
He's not a businessman
 6 years ago '11        #134
5 Sigma 23 heat pts23
space
space
$4,740 | Props total: 549 549
I agree he could have more money than he already Has if he was a better business man! Regardless he still caked up and pretty sure in those failures he has a winner! Plus I'm pretty sure BBC. Will turn a profit for him...
This coming.from a Jay z "hater"..
 6 years ago '04        #135
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,366 | Props total: 8458 8458
 whothebestmc said:
you serious? rocawear makes 700 million a year

sean john 132 million, don't just guess before you say things look them up.
lol WTF you smoking
1st off Jay-Z No longer owns Rocawear
Second Sean John is the top urban clothing company

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #136
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,366 | Props total: 8458 8458
Oh and I forgot to add that Annual Sales for Sean John in the US "Alone" are over $525 Million compared to rocawears 700 Million in sales "worldwide".
 01-29-2012, 07:51 PM         #137
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 THEINFAMOUS said:
He's not a businessman
He's a BUSINESS man
 5 years ago '10        #138
space
space
Bump This bi*ch!!

Without Dame he has not had a successful business start up.

He has always been a follower. For you guys that either don't remember or were to young..Jay was never King of NY when the heavy weights were around. BIG, Pac, Wu, Nas..Jay never had the spotlight to himself until BIG and PAC passed and Wu split up. Nas destroyed him with ether also!

Jay always been a leach and he's nowhere near the business man of Diddy or 50.
 5 years ago '04        #139
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6515 6515
 AriGold said:

Without Dame he has not had a successful business start up.
dame is not exactly the most successfull individual right now so what does that say?
 5 years ago '10        #140
space
space
 justinjones said:
dame is not exactly the most successfull individual right now so what does that say?
How can you be successful when someone black balls you.

Facts are facts and the facts are Dame negotiated

1. Rocafella Records

2. Rocawear

3. Roc Films

4. Armadale

5. Dame signed Kanye (even Kanye admits this)

Dame was the driving force behind that entire movement.

sh*t was funny to me when Jay said "I heard mufukas saying they made Hov, okay so make another Hov"

That's like asking Puff to make another BIG.

Stop slurping this man Jay Z. He's paid from other peoples hard work.
Get it how you can tho right?

Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
111 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
118 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
117 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
74 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
36 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
65 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy