Is Jay Z Really A Good Business Man??

most viewed right now
 186
Video inside The Deep Dark Web
48 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 80
Video inside Savage: Chick Tells Her Husband She's Cheating On Him & He Thinks She's..
33 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 72
Image(s) inside May 19 - Here's #1 Factor Experts Say Accounts for High Number of Mass..
105 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 67
Video inside Slut Amber Rose meets the Slut Maker
41 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #101
Sivraj 347 heat pts347
space
avatar space
space
$46,786 | Props total: 13146 13146
If he ain't a good business man he's a good money maker?
 7 years ago '05        #102
anonymous414 
space
space
space
$638 | Props total: 66 66
Well he said it himself i guess. He's not a business man . He's a business, maaaaan
 7 years ago '07        #103
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,253 | Props total: 1637 1637
 Illstreet said:
Iono... I just don't see the correlation... It's just a NY pride thing...

Like I said, Bill Joel had "New York State of Mind".

Frank Sinatra has two different songs called "New York, New York".

The fukkin guy from the Eagles had "In a New York Minute".

Nas had "NY State of Mind" and "Part 2".

Jay had "Empire State of Mind".

Like Nas said himself,

"No idea's original,
There's nothing new under the sun,
It's not what you do,
But how it's done"
Don't mind him he's a stan in denial....Jay Lost move on this what happens when you let a face make decision for themselves
 7 years ago '04        #104
Javon23 287 heat pts287
space
avatar space
space
$48,263 | Props total: 14181 14181
 ant30ant33 said:
yea he a good business man Dame Dash taught him well... but he a safe businessman he dont take chances like master p,50 cent & diddly do...
You do know Diddy is the reigning King of Hip Hop when it comes to business moves and earning. Ciroc Alone--------->Any business Jay has
and lets not even talk about Sean Jean that has now crossed over and is world wide
If any Rapper/Hip Hop Icon becomes the 1st Billionaire it will definitely be Diddy before anyone else.
 08-03-2011, 10:55 PM         #105
chronicles 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"Hammer went broke so you know I'm more focused. I lost 30 mil' so I spent another 30. Cause unlike Hammer 30 million can't hurt me."


There you go he admit he loses money but it doesn't matter so this whole thread is pointless
 7 years ago '08        #106
lifetimez 
space
avatar space
space
$2,807 | Props total: 0 0
 DVJ78 said:
I mean, just look how much Beyonce fell off now that she's being managed by Jay and not her father.
Jay doesn't manage Beyonce, just wanted to correct that.

Edit: It's also funny that you seem to know for a FACT that 50 and Diddy negotiate and make investments themselves, while Dame and others did it for Jay. How did you get privy to this info?


Last edited by lifetimez; 08-03-2011 at 11:01 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #107
RedLight 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,553 | Props total: 2760 2760
only on boxden will people discredit a man who is worth half a billion as a bad businessman lol.
 7 years ago '04        #108
erickonasis 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$28,761 | Props total: 22617 22617
 KnicksLost said:
Don't mind him he's a stan in denial....Jay Lost move on this what happens when you let a face make decision for themselves
Cmon fam cut that sh*t...in no way am i a stan...Nas helped Jay get his first hit and Jay pretty much brought Nas career back from the dead.

You know it is possible to be a fan of both i aint in here hatin on Jay i'm waitin on this album just like the rest of you are
 7 years ago '10        #109
AriGold 173 heat pts173 OP
space
avatar space
space
$4,904 | Props total: 2657 2657
 lifetimez said:
Jay doesn't manage Beyonce, just wanted to correct that.

Edit: It's also funny that you seem to know for a FACT that 50 and Diddy negotiate and make investments themselves, while Dame and others did it for Jay. How did you get privy to this info?
I'm not privy to that information. I am privy to the knowledge of 50 Cent investing an ownership stake in Vitamin Water that netted him a huge RETURN ON INVESTMENT when Coca Cola swooped in and purchased the sh*t.

I am privy to the knowledge that Diddy invested an ownership stake in Ciroc (probably more than 50 did with Vitamin Water) and when it gets sold he will see a huge RETURN ON INVESTMENT.

I'm asking you to give me something that Jay (after Dame and Biggs were bought out) invested an ownership stake in that is successful has netted him a RETURN ON INVESTMENT.

I can give you 2-3 things he's loss money in. Just see my post to start this thread.

It doesn't matter who negotiated the deals for 50 and Diddy. At least those deals were negotiated and they have turned out to be successful. Jay hasn't had that since he's been on his own.
 08-03-2011, 11:44 PM         #110
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DVJ78 said:


Rocawear was started by Dame, Jay and Biggs. I want to know what investment has Jay Z had since Dame and Biggs left that has made him a great deal of money.

If me and you start a clothing line, then me and you sever our relationship with each other and you keep the clothing line...then sell it for a million dollars...that's not an investment you started alone.
Diddy invested in Ciroc without a partner as did 50 with Vitamin Water.
What about Jay?
Grant it...I'll give it to him that he tried with the J Hotels but since he's not a smart business man he didn't know that it would be damn near impossible to build a hotel in NYC of all places during the recession we had.
With all due respect, Diddy is not an investor in the traditional sense, he is actually an corporate spokesman that an European alcohol company felt was marketable enough to be a face for the Ciroc line, just wanted to clear that up . Also, not sure why you are so keen on dispel the notion that Jay-Z is not a businessman when he has doubled his net worth in the years since the split from Dame, plus again he actually made the Rocawear brand a global successful couture line that he made the business decision to change the focus, had it still been under him and Dame and Biggs it would still been another hip-hop urban company in stores such as Cititrends and the like. He actually brokered a very lucrative partnership with Macy's that have rights to display Rocawear's high end line. Keep in mind, we don't know all of his business deals, only the ones that are deemed failures by the media. Moreover, if Dame is such a successful businessman why did DDMG go nowhere, why did his studio/art gallery/record label went nowhere when he had artists like Currensy, Mos Def, and Jay Electronicia, and Nicole Wray, why didn't he resurrect Rocafella records like he claimed he and Biggs were supposed to do? The point is, while Jay-z may not gave the traditional business acumen that a college-educated person like Dame has, but he had the street smarts to know not burn bridges, to not take just anything, and the moxy to negotiate the best deal for his brand possible-say what you want but that Roc Nation/Live Nation deal was unprecedented.
 7 years ago '10        #111
AriGold 173 heat pts173 OP
space
avatar space
space
$4,904 | Props total: 2657 2657
"With all due respect, Diddy is not an investor in the traditional sense, he is actually an corporate spokesman that an European alcohol company felt was marketable enough to be a face for the Ciroc line, just wanted to clear that up"

I see where your going but this ain't politics. I don't care if Diddy was chosen to be the face of Ciroc or not. The fact of the matter is he has a huge investment in it and you know, I know and everybody on this damn blog knows when it gets sold..he's going to probably be a billionaire once added to what he already has.

You keep talking about that Rocawear line like it's something special. That line was hot for 2, maybe 3 years TOPS!! I never knew you could buy a high end anything at Macys fam.
 6 years ago '07        #112
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,253 | Props total: 1637 1637
 AriGold said:
"With all due respect, Diddy is not an investor in the traditional sense, he is actually an corporate spokesman that an European alcohol company felt was marketable enough to be a face for the Ciroc line, just wanted to clear that up"

I see where your going but this ain't politics. I don't care if Diddy was chosen to be the face of Ciroc or not. The fact of the matter is he has a huge investment in it and you know, I know and everybody on this damn blog knows when it gets sold..he's going to probably be a billionaire once added to what he already has.

You keep talking about that Rocawear line like it's something special. That line was hot for 2, maybe 3 years TOPS!! I never knew you could buy a high end anything at Macys fam.
 6 years ago '11        #113
whothebestmc 99 heat pts99
space
avatar space
space
$20,243 | Props total: 10650 10650
ok so since rocawear for some reason doesn't count I just want to do a quick reversal of these critics

lets look at diddys unsuccessful business ventures

justin's restaurants is a complete failure, if you think the 40/40 clubs (which jay has made a lot of money off of) idk what you would consider this restaurant to be as far as business ventures go

enyce clothing line/sean john together don't match the revenue of rocawear it is almost 6 times less than rocawear not to mention enyce being a complete bust.

I'm not sure on the profit business wise of the I am king fragrance line.

ciroc is obviously a huge deal, and he might have a few more poor business ventures from earlier in his career that I am forgetting.

I don't think I even need to start with the bad decisions dame makes but just to humor the thread

dame flopped on pro keds, dash films, blocksavvy.com, armadale vodka, the motor oil venture, magnet radio, hip hop monologues, and I am probably forgetting some. Not to mention dame sold his stake in rocawear for 20 million and managed to lose the majority of that money while jay continues to profit off rocawear after selling it for 204 million, who needed who?

Diddy might be a better business man than jay z but does that make jay a bad business man? nope.


Last edited by whothebestmc; 01-29-2012 at 03:00 AM..
 6 years ago '07        #114
dnycem 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,956 | Props total: 2010 2010
Good point comparing him to Jordan
 01-29-2012, 06:03 AM         #115
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You know what makes him a great business man?.... All his fu*king money, stop hating until you're on his level
 6 years ago '06        #116
Kingme 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9295 9295
 dlettern said:
You know what makes him a great business man?.... All his fu*king money, stop hating until you're on his level
Does this mean that Mary kate and ashley olsen are the best business women on the planet? They worth over a billion. Mike Jackson was a great business man too? He was also worth alot.


Jay z's money and sells make him a popular hip hop artist. Not a great business man. If jay z was a great business man, amil, christion, beanie segal and memphis bleek would have platinum plaqs. Less talented artisrt sold more records on master ps no limit records than on rocafella.

Jay z even said he is not a businessman. He is a business just like mary kate and ashley olsen, or an athlete. Businesses are ran by businessmen. Jay is a business not a businessman.
 01-29-2012, 07:05 AM         #117
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kingme said:
Does this mean that Mary kate and ashley olsen are the best business women on the planet? They worth over a billion. Mike Jackson was a great business man too? He was also worth alot.


Jay z's money and sells make him a popular hip hop artist. Not a great business man. If jay z was a great business man, amil, christion, beanie segal and memphis bleek would have platinum plaqs. Less talented artisrt sold more records on master ps no limit records than on rocafella.

Jay z even said he is not a businessman. He is a business just like mary kate and ashley olsen, or an athlete. Businesses are ran by businessmen. Jay is a business not a businessman.
Wrong, is Steve jobs not a bad business man because he failed so much outside of Apple?.... Failure doesn't make you a bad business man as long as you're really successful at one business or a few others. Failure teaches you lessons to exercise later on to be successful.

Signing cats who don't sell can happen to anyone. It's a subjective market. How many of you favorite artists are platinum?

Mary Kate and Ashley continue to hustle their clothing brands and vidoes they made when they were children..... Yes, they are great business women
 01-29-2012, 07:36 AM         #118
yeugkk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dont forget that RECENTLY, he spent 10 mil to renovate the 40 40 club only to have it shut down after one operation for health violations
 6 years ago '06        #119
Kingme 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9295 9295
 dlettern said:
Wrong, is Steve jobs not a bad business man because he failed so much outside of Apple?.... Failure doesn't make you a bad business man as long as you're really successful at one business or a few others. Failure teaches you lessons to exercise later on to be successful.

Signing cats who don't sell can happen to anyone. It's a subjective market. How many of you favorite artists are platinum?

Mary Kate and Ashley continue to hustle their clothing brands and vidoes they made when they were children..... Yes, they are great business women
Steve Jobs was a visionary and had a little business savy. He ran apple like carl owens true, but that was about it. The olsens are the face of a company put into thier names when they were toddlers, that dont make them great business women, that makes thier parents smart.

Signing cats that dont sell when you are in the business of signing cats that will sell is bad business. Master P got sillk the shocker multiple plat plaques, beanie segal raps better than sillk the shocker, why didnt beans go plat? Why didnt bleek? Why did cam and kanye go plat under dame?

Using the info from this thread, Jay has way more bad business ventures than good, how does that make him a great business man?

Alot of Jay z's money obviously comes from record sells, concerts, endorsements, his stock broker, and savings account, which is awesome! He is one of the most successful recording artist ever. But one of the greatest business men? Not yet, but you cant knock my n*ggas hustle. When everything you touch turns to gold you're great, jay aint doin that fam.
 01-29-2012, 07:45 AM         #120
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kingme said:
Steve Jobs was a visionary and had a little business savy. He ran apple like carl owens true, but that was about it. The olsens are the face of a company put into thier names when they were toddlers, that dont make them great business women, that makes thier parents smart.

Signing cats that dont sell when you are in the business of signing cats that will sell is bad business. Master P got sillk the shocker multiple plat plaques, beanie segal raps better than sillk the shocker, why didnt beans go plat? Why didnt bleek? Why did cam and kanye go plat under dame?

Using the info from this thread, Jay has way more bad business ventures than good, how does that make him a great business man?

Alot of Jay z's money obviously comes from record sells, concerts, endorsements, his stock broker, and savings account, which is awesome! He is one of the most successful recording artist ever. But one of the greatest business men? Not yet, but you cant knock my n*ggas hustle. When everything you touch turns to gold you're great, jay aint doin that fam.
As a person who comes from a successful family business, it's clear that business success is mostly opportunity and luck. Success is rarely connected to one person's prowess. You have already expressed what makes him a great business man. Everything he touches turns into gold (with the exception of his own label).

Steve Jobs was a great business man because he was a visionary. He saw what others can't. That separates business people. Your statement above contradicts itself.

What makes Trump different from Jay Z?
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 42
How was your life when this song dropped?
77 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 32
Image(s) inside Kaylin Garcia
40 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 17
Image(s) inside Now That's A Real A$$!...
44 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 16
It's Dark & Hell is Hot Turns 20
52 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 16
Thanos Or Darkseid
137 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 13
NBA The narrative that Lebron's team is trash has begun. Again. (I've lost cou..
110 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 11
Video inside May 18 - Former Pro Wrestler Beaten Over Parking Spot
112 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 8
NBA Steph Curry has OFFICIALLY lost all hope, his HAIRLINE,& thinks he is in a..
68 comments
2 days ago
@sports
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy