Is Jay Z Really A Good Business Man??

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
102 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
232 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
31 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
55 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #41
AriGold 171 heat pts171 OP
space
space
$4,827 | Props total: 2214 2214
 xRapHeadx said:
lmao....the funny part about this thread is that DVJ78 is actually making a solid point.
The funny thing is, I'm really not looking to argue. I just want someone to show me where Jay Z took his money, invested in a company and made a k!lling the way Diddy is doing with Ciroc and the way 50 did with Vitamin Water.

That's all I'm asking. If I'm wrong I will admit it but nobody can name me a company he invested in that was successful because there isn't one.

WTF happened to those S. Dots? Who the fu*k wears Rocawear? Who goes to Nets games? Has anybody here even seen or heard of the Fedal?

If your old enough to remember when Big was alive...and when Mase was running NY rap...you'll remember that right after Mase and Diddy did the Mo Money Mo Problems video..jay came out with the Sunshine video with the bright yellow suit and them horrible looking glasses.

Jay is a follower...always has been and always will be.

#truth
 6 years ago '07        #42
clipse_designz 
space
space
$2,747 | Props total: 66 66
 DVJ78 said:
What investments are you talking about?

Somebody name me a company Jay has invested in since Dame has left that has been successful.

J Hotels - failure
Nets - No profit
Carols Daughter - No profit

All I ask is for 1 investment like Diddy has Ciroc and 50 has Vitamin Water.

=

he the 'invested' in this

sit down boy, money wise jay-z > your favourite rapper
 6 years ago '10        #43
space
space
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
doesnt he have a networth of like $300mill and raked in $80mill in overall business endeavors for 2 years straight? i'd say thats pretty good.

every businessman gambles in some usuccessful business ventures. not everything they touch turn to gold.

You still believe those Forbes articles?

I guess you believe Birdman is only worth $100 million huh?

n*ggas need to get off the internet and stop believing everything they read on it
 6 years ago '07        #44
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6144 6144
 DVJ78 said:

You still believe those Forbes articles?

I guess you believe Birdman is only worth $100 million huh?

n*ggas need to get off the internet and stop believing everything they read on it
birdman probably does have a networth of $100mill. cashmoney is a very successful label with lil wayne and drake and nicki. and he probably has some other stuff he's into financial wise.

and its a NETWORTH. it doest mean the amount of money you have in the bank. its the worth of your overall business endeavors.
 6 years ago '10        #45
space
space
 clipse_designz said:

=

he the 'invested' in this

sit down boy, money wise jay-z > your favourite rapper

Live Nation is a $150 million deal over 10 years = $15 million a year.

Roc Nation was formed once the Live Nation deal was signed.

Try that sh*t on someone that don't know sh*t about business.

Once again..... Diddy > Jay Z (Business Wise)

6 years ago '10        #46
Two02x3 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,592 | Props total: 6710 6710
OP makes a solid point and honestly....I can't think of any investments that Jay made that really really paid off. Anything that he has done has really been about getting negotiating deals with huge companies and/or joint ventures. All of his "investments" haven't really done so well. That being said, I think his Nets investment will pay off. When they officially move and possibly add some big names, they will make a profit. We need to wait a year or so for that though...

To say he's not a good businessman is false, though. What about the deals he had with HP, GM, Budweiser, Armand de Brignac, or Live Nation? I'm not even talking about any music deals he's doing. There's negotiating and risk-taking involved in all of that. It's more than "You're hot right now so let's use your name to sell our sh*t" Bottom line is he's kept himself crazy relevant since his "retirement". In doing so, he's opened up lanes for himself and capitalized on them. That alone is enough to call him a "good businessman". Plus, dude is making stupid amounts of money and probably is the richest guy in rap. You don't get that way by having friends who are good at business while you are simply a good rapper.
 6 years ago '10        #47
space
space
 D.S.O.M. said:
it does matter what anybody says your gonna shoot it down thats why know one is responding anymore
you're obviously just hating brah.

now Answer my question about Dame?
You answered my question with a question.....
 6 years ago '10        #48
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,546 | Props total: 5882 5882
" I'm not a businessman, I'm a business... man! "
 6 years ago '07        #49
clipse_designz 
space
space
 DVJ78 said:

Live Nation is a $150 million deal over 10 years = $15 million a year.

Roc Nation was formed once the Live Nation deal was signed.

Try that sh*t on someone that don't know sh*t about business.

Once again..... Diddy > Jay Z (Business Wise)

yea really, why didn't you read the article then, he got an UP-FRONT payment of 25million, a general advance of 25million and an advance of 10million per album

lost yourself there didn't you...

"Roc Nation was formed once the Live Nation deal was signed"

So... what? he's racking money of every single artist on rocnation, and guess what he's got
11 people signed to the label and.... 30 people managed under rocnation
you think diddy mad that jay elec fu*ked him over and went to rocnation

stop acting like you know jay-z's everymove... he's worth more then diddy so regardless of 'ciroc'

jay>diddy (business wise)
 6 years ago '10        #50
space
space
 Two02x3 said:
OP makes a solid point and honestly....I can't think of any investments that Jay made that really really paid off. Anything that he has done has really been about getting negotiating deals with huge companies and/or joint ventures. All of his "investments" haven't really done so well. That being said, I think his Nets investment will pay off. When they officially move and possibly add some big names, they will make a profit. We need to wait a year or so for that though...

To say he's not a good businessman is false, though. What about the deals he had with HP, GM, Budweiser, Armand de Brignac, or Live Nation? I'm not even talking about any music deals he's doing. There's negotiating and risk-taking involved in all of that. It's more than "You're hot right now so let's use your name to sell our sh*t" Bottom line is he's kept himself crazy relevant since his "retirement". In doing so, he's opened up lanes for himself and capitalized on them. That alone is enough to call him a "good businessman". Plus, dude is making stupid amounts of money and probably is the richest guy in rap. You don't get that way by having friends who are good at business while you are simply a good rapper.
Thank you for saying I make a good point/.

To say he's not a good businessman is not false at all. That deal he had with HP..everybody had it from Serena Williams to Pharell to a bunch of other celebs. That wasn't no ground breaking sh*t.
The GM deal was a straight failure. It didn't make it a quarter of the fiscal year. It lasted 2 months. Budweiser was a sponsor for his Kingdom Come album and Armand de Brignac? Who the fu*k orders that?

Give me some success stories please.

Also, I laugh at people that think Jay Z is Live Nations #1 act.
 6 years ago '04        #51
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,391 | Props total: 11739 11739
lets see he invested and got more money

how isnt he a a good business man? lol man ppl hiding hate now
 6 years ago '07        #52
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 DVJ78 said:
Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is exactly what I'm talking about.

May I ask who owns the masters to Jays best album?

they will ignore the post
 6 years ago '10        #53
space
space
 clipse_designz said:
yea really, why didn't you read the article then, he got an UP-FRONT payment of 25million, a general advance of 25million and an advance of 10million per album

lost yourself there didn't you...

"Roc Nation was formed once the Live Nation deal was signed"

So... what? he's racking money of every single artist on rocnation, and guess what he's got
11 people signed to the label and.... 30 people managed under rocnation
you think diddy mad that jay elec fu*ked him over and went to rocnation

stop acting like you know jay-z's everymove... he's worth more then diddy so regardless of 'ciroc'

jay>diddy (business wise)

All that Live Nation money has to be paid back. I have no idea what your talking about with all that advance talk

I don't care if he got the entire thing up front...he still has to pay it back. He didn't make that money, it was loaned to him. You know what loan means right?

Do you really think Jay is a better business man than Diddy?
 6 years ago '10        #54
space
space
 D.S.O.M. said:
but diddy getting a deal with Ciroc ( when rocafella already did armadale) and Sean John ( when already had phat farm, wu-wear, rocawear and many others) was?

ok I see the Hate now
Diddy owns a stake in Ciroc.

Sean John came before Rocawear and all that other bull sh*t except Phat Farm.

I do this sh*t man.

I give you credit though patna...you stick to your guns and continue to f!ght, even though your wrong.
 6 years ago '07        #55
clipse_designz 
space
space
 DVJ78 said:

All that Live Nation money has to be paid back. I have no idea what your talking about with all that advance talk

I don't care if he got the entire thing up front...he still has to pay it back. He didn't make that money, it was loaned to him. You know what loan means right?

Yea you're right, but that doesn't stop it from being an investment? A big one at that!
They'll get money back, and jay-z will get money back, again, a lot of money at that.

same with rocnation, livenation/jay-z have invested a lot of money and they'll get it back from artists music/touring/sales etc. again another investment

Depends, I cannot give a definitive answer... I think diddy is more canny with his money, but I still think jay-z has more and will gain more in the future then diddy
but that wasn't the original question, jay-z aint a bad business man he's made way too much money, yes he's made a few bad investments, but who doesn't, learn from your mistakes and all that
 6 years ago '10        #56
Two02x3 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,592 | Props total: 6710 6710
 DVJ78 said:
Thank you for saying I make a good point/.

To say he's not a good businessman is not false at all. That deal he had with HP..everybody had it from Serena Williams to Pharell to a bunch of other celebs. That wasn't no ground breaking sh*t.
The GM deal was a straight failure. It didn't make it a quarter of the fiscal year. It lasted 2 months. Budweiser was a sponsor for his Kingdom Come album and Armand de Brignac? Who the fu*k orders that?

Give me some success stories please.

Also, I laugh at people that think Jay Z is Live Nations #1 act.
First off, a lot of people order Armand de Brignac. It was successful before Jay and got even more popular after he name dropped them a few times. Of course it doesn't take much business sense to put the name in a rap and become a spokesmen afterwards, but still...

Budweiser was a sponsor for Kingdom Come....there's still negotiating and risk mitigation involved in endorsements. As for HP...it might not have been groundbreaking, but it's still a business move. I don't see anywhere where's it's said to be a failure.

Like I said, you have a point but let me ask you a question. How did Jay get to where he is financially by being a below average businessman? Is it just because he's a good rapper? I know Dame did a lot of the business dealings, but give Jay some credit here. There's no way you get to a $4-500M net worth without being a good businessman. He's not a trust fund baby, didn't go to business school, and yet he makes more than anyone year after year.
 6 years ago '10        #57
RedLight 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,406 | Props total: 2348 2348
The guy is worth half a billion dollars, it takes a certain type of business mentality to get there. Jay himself is a brand, he is his biggest and most profitable business.

If that's not being a good business man, i don't know what is.
 08-03-2011, 04:44 PM         #58
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Is this cornball seriously still going?

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #59
timdog 923 heat pts923
space
space
$30,498 | Props total: 15026 15026
diddy>jay-z at buisness

he cant get the masters from reasonable doubt
 6 years ago '09        #60
Vos 2 heat pts
space
space
$903 | Props total: 0 0
"I'm not a businessman, I'm a BUSINESS mannnnnn, let me handle my business, damn"

Honestly, I don't know much about Jay's business endeavors but I'll say one thing that has probably already been said: you don't get to the financial level he's at by being a mediocre businessman. End of story.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
98 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
105 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
14 comments
1 day ago