Is Jay Z Really A Good Business Man??

most viewed right now
 41
Video inside 21 Savage Goons shoots at Nipsey, e40 with Wack 100
19 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 39
The pyramids were what?
96 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 35
Video inside TEKASHI 6IX9INE - TATI (Official Music Video) 🌈🌈🌈
124 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 35
Image(s) inside I Know We're Posed 2 Be off YesJulz But uhhh....
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #21
AriGold 173 heat pts173 OP
space
avatar space
space
$4,909 | Props total: 2737 2737
 D.S.O.M. said:
himself

/thread


Thanks for proving my point.

This is why he will never be as good a business man as Diddy or 50.

Truth hurts

 7 years ago '05        #22
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
avatar space
space
$12,316 | Props total: 95 95
I know what you're saying.

Jay invests and expects them to grow on their own. He doesn't put his energy, name behind it. Look at J Cole signs and year later on there's friction with how the album, singles, time spent is going.

I think Jay just puts money in, holds a stake and lets somebody else deals with it.

50 put money in, energy, his name, backs it and promotes it. Even with the fall out with those headphones, 50 still picks it up and promotes them just because he has his money tied up in it.
 7 years ago '10        #23
AriGold 173 heat pts173 OP
space
avatar space
space
$4,909 | Props total: 2737 2737
Diddy - Ciroc (which will make him a billionaire), Sean John, Bad Boy Records has the best catalog out of all the black owned record labels.

Jay Z - ???? Rocawear was Dame. Rocafella was Dame. What has Jay Z negotiated since Dame was kicked out.

Just give me the name of a company he invested in that has had success after Dame was no longer there.
 7 years ago '10        #24
AriGold 173 heat pts173 OP
space
avatar space
space
$4,909 | Props total: 2737 2737
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
its always some bum a.ss bi*ch sittin around countin someone elses money..
Judging from your name.....you should know.
 08-03-2011, 01:04 PM         #25
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
f*ggot thread by a f*ggot poster...

Only on the internet can a loser who posts on Boxden straight facely question the buisness acumen of a person who came from nothing and is now worth over a Half a Billion dollars...
 7 years ago '06        #26
marcusaka50 59 heat pts59
space
space
space
$31,152 | Props total: 11377 11377
 DVJ78 said:
Give me an example of one of his successful investments please.
he sold rocawear for 200mil and still has stock in the company.

he got live nation deal 150mil

he still does music and shows.

he has stock in other companies too.

i dont know all of that man's business.

all i know is he is making money.

im sure he has failed plenty of times in other investments.

as long as he is jayz he is going to make good and bad investments.
 08-03-2011, 01:10 PM         #27
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  


Who gives a fu*k? Dudes a millionaire and gets to fu*k Beyonce anytime he wants. How many people can say that?
 7 years ago '10        #28
AriGold 173 heat pts173 OP
space
avatar space
space
$4,909 | Props total: 2737 2737
 marcusaka50 said:
he sold rocawear for 200mil and still has stock in the company.

he got live nation deal 150mil

he still does music and shows.

he has stock in other companies too.

i dont know all of that man's business.

all i know is he is making money.

im sure he has failed plenty of times in other investments.

as long as he is jayz he is going to make good and bad investments.
1 - Who started Rocawear?

2 - All that Live Nation money has to be paid back

3 - Music and Shows? yeah that really separates him from the pack

4 - What companies? What successful stock does he have?

5. You talking like you know his business. Maybe you shouldn't talk then

Of course he's making money...nice comeback
 7 years ago '10        #29
AriGold 173 heat pts173 OP
space
avatar space
space
$4,909 | Props total: 2737 2737
 S.TEX said:


Who gives a fu*k? Dudes a millionaire and gets to fu*k Beyonce anytime he wants. How many people can say that?
Usher use to could say that.

As he was smashing Beyonce before Jay and her got together.

 7 years ago '10        #30
AriGold 173 heat pts173 OP
space
avatar space
space
$4,909 | Props total: 2737 2737
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:


original
Thanks
 7 years ago '10        #31
AriGold 173 heat pts173 OP
space
avatar space
space
$4,909 | Props total: 2737 2737
 D.S.O.M. said:
THE QUESTION IS, WHAT HAPPENED TO DAME SINCE JAY LEFT??


jay is still caking while dame is bankrupt, you're obviously giving dash too much credit
Ummmmmm....No.

The question was

"Just give me the name of a company he invested in that has had success after Dame was no longer there."
 7 years ago '07        #32
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$38,405 | Props total: 10379 10379
Jay-Z doesn't even own the masters to his first and most classic album Reasonable Doubt. He isnt a great businessman.

/Thread
 7 years ago '10        #33
AriGold 173 heat pts173 OP
space
avatar space
space
$4,909 | Props total: 2737 2737
 Illstreet said:
f*ggot thread by a f*ggot poster...

Only on the internet can a loser who posts on Boxden straight facely question the buisness acumen of a person who came from nothing and is now worth over a Half a Billion dollars...
I pose the same question to you....

Just give me the name of a company he invested in that has had success after Dame was no longer there.
 7 years ago '10        #34
AriGold 173 heat pts173 OP
space
avatar space
space
$4,909 | Props total: 2737 2737
 Cambury said:
Jay-Z doesn't even own the masters to his first and most classic album Reasonable Doubt. He isnt a great businessman.

/Thread
Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is exactly what I'm talking about.

May I ask who owns the masters to Jays best album?



 7 years ago '07        #35
clipse_designz 
space
avatar space
space
$2,756 | Props total: 127 127
 DVJ78 said:
I pose the same question to you....

Just give me the name of a company he invested in that has had success after Dame was no longer there.


now stfu.
 7 years ago '10        #36
AriGold 173 heat pts173 OP
space
avatar space
space
$4,909 | Props total: 2737 2737
 clipse_designz said:


now stfu.
You really post an article from a 24 year old writer telling us why Jays Nets deal makes sense?

1.5 % of the company is good?



Go sit your simpin a.ss down in the corner and don't get up until n*ggaz call you.

I should find you and smack you and your mama just for you posting some bullsh*t like that.

Do something bi*ch.

Diddy > Jay Z
 08-03-2011, 01:47 PM         #37
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
First off, no disrespect to the poster but dude, ur tripping and/or hating. No one ever said that Shawn Carter was astute on the business investment game, you guys tend to forget that he didn't attend college like Dame Dash did for business, he does however a have a very skrewd mindset as far as his hustle to get those investments based on the brand/reputation that he created-himself. While Dame may have had the business acumen he didn't have the flair to get his point across without ruining business relationships-jay-z did. Say what you want about him but he has been smart enough to maintain good relationships in the business world that allow him chances that anybody else who failed on some things like couldn't have, like Dame. No one wants to deal with him in those circles because he's well, an as*hole.
 7 years ago '10        #38
AriGold 173 heat pts173 OP
space
avatar space
space
$4,909 | Props total: 2737 2737
 Hotboy1982 said:
First off, no disrespect to the poster but dude, ur tripping and/or hating. No one ever said that Shawn Carter was astute on the business investment game, you guys tend to forget that he didn't attend college like Dame Dash did for business, he does however a have a very skrewd mindset as far as his hustle to get those investments based on the brand/reputation that he created-himself. While Dame may have had the business acumen he didn't have the flair to get his point across without ruining business relationships-jay-z did. Say what you want about him but he has been smart enough to maintain good relationships in the business world that allow him chances that anybody else who failed on some things like couldn't have, like Dame. No one wants to deal with him in those circles because he's well, an as*hole.
What investments are you talking about?

Somebody name me a company Jay has invested in since Dame has left that has been successful.

J Hotels - failure
Nets - No profit
Carols Daughter - No profit

All I ask is for 1 investment like Diddy has Ciroc and 50 has Vitamin Water.
 7 years ago '09        #39
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$12,413 | Props total: 1597 1597
lmao....the funny part about this thread is that DVJ78 is actually making a solid point.
 7 years ago '07        #40
JamcnPrettyboy 98 heat pts98
space
avatar space
space
$23,703 | Props total: 6900 6900
doesnt he have a networth of like $300mill and raked in $80mill in overall business endeavors for 2 years straight? i'd say thats pretty good.

every businessman gambles in some usuccessful business ventures. not everything they touch turn to gold.

but he sucks ballls are running a record label.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 17
Video inside Do All Compasses Point Towards the GARDEN OF EDEN?
57 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 12
Image(s) inside The Only PAWG That Matters
281 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 11
Article inside Reboot your router
48 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 7
Video inside J Prince says a rogue DEA hitman was contracted to kill him!
83 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 5
Who wrote the Duppy freestyle?
168 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 5
Samsung must pay Apple $539 million in iPhone patent case
13 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 4
Drake- Iím Upset
426 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 3
Image(s) inside PAWG got no chill (#Jheeez)
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy