most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
vida guerra
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #1
12866 pageviews
200 comments

AriGold 171 heat pts171
space
space
$4,832 | Props total: 2222 2222
Is Jay Z Really A Good Business Man??

People always want to jump on this guys nuts when he buys a company but a lot of people don't talk about his bad investments.

Let's think about it.

Who negotiated the Rocawear deal? Dame

Who negotiated the Rocafella Records deal? Dame

Who was the person that was in all the meetings making sure all the artists got taken care of? Dame

Who did Kanye West say was the only person that believed in him and wanted to put an album out? Dame

Jay Z is similar to Michael Jordan. Their great at what they do and they get business opportunities presented to them because they are so good at what they do.
However, as far as being a business man...I think Jay is terrible.
He signed Rihanna which was a great move but he also signed Tierra Marie, Tru Life, Uncle Murda, Willow Smith and God knows who else. It k!lls me when people give him credit for signing Kanye when Dame was actually the one.

I mean, just look how much Beyonce fell off now that she's being managed by Jay and not her father. This last album she put out has pretty much come and went. Compare Beys album she just dropped to all of her other albums. She had classic songs on her other albums...If I Was A Boy, Put A Ring On It, Irreplaceable, Naughty Girl, Ring The Alarm, If I Were A Boy, Diva, Deja Vu....the list goes on. Are we going to add Girls Run The World to that list? image

Jay is rich and he's a legend!! He needs to stick to rapping.

Take a look at this...

* Two Manhattan hotel development projects, one in Chelsea and the other in the Meatpacking District, fizzled out this year, costing Jay-Z and a company he controls about $50 million.

* His almost 7-year-old 40/40 Club franchise, while still successful overall, has taken a few lumps as the 80,000-square-foot Las Vegas edition, with its 80-plus plasma TVs, was closed in late 2008 after just eight months in business — a victim of low attendance. Plus, a Chicago club, first expected to debut in 2009, is still not open.

* In March, he walked away from a reported $2 million investment in the Aqueduct Entertainment Group, an entity selected to develop a “racino” at Aqueduct Racetrack. He bailed after federal and state authorities started to investigate potential corruption in the selection process.

* An investment alongside Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith​ in “Fela!”, the critically acclaimed Broadway musical, has yet to turn a profit — but it could, theater-watchers say, especially if Jay-Z starts getting out in front of it and markets it the way Elton John​ is always promoting his 2008 hit “Billy Elliott.”

* Plus, there is his 1.5 percent stake in the New Jersey Nets​ which has performed as poorly as the team since he bought it in 2004. Jay-Z was among the group that purchased the team for $300 million — but it’s now worth $269 million, a drop of 10 percent. Jay-Z could have done better putting the cash into a mutual fund that tracked the sickly S&P 500 Index — which is up 7.6 percent, not counting dividends, over the same period.

200 comments for "Is Jay Z Really A Good Business Man??"

6 years ago '10        #2
AriGold 171 heat pts171 OP
space
space
I forgot about that Artful Dodger bullsh*t he purchased also.

Damn, people give this guy a pass all the time.
 08-03-2011, 01:19 PM         #3
Satire 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm always saying Jay can't do sh*t right without Dame. But he still getting money nonetheless. Despite his bad investments.
 6 years ago '10        #4
space
space
 Satire said:
I'm always saying Jay can't do sh*t right without Dame. But he still getting money nonetheless. Despite his bad investments.
True indeed. He getting money and you can never hate on him for that.

The question to answer is Jay a good business man?
Same thing with Jordan. In the front office of the Wizards he sucked. In the front office of the Bobcats..so far he's sucked.

It's a legit question.
 6 years ago '08        #5
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,881 | Props total: 12579 12579
You're clearly upset.
 6 years ago '07        #6
clipse_designz 
space
space
$2,747 | Props total: 66 66
Yea he's a awful business man, hmmmm
he's worth about half a billie though

work that one out...
 6 years ago '11        #7
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
He buys sh*t and doesnt promote it
 08-03-2011, 01:28 PM         #8
DOCTOR TEETH 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
what's the story with moving the nets to brooklyn
 6 years ago '10        #9
space
space
 FaceTheGawd said:
You're clearly upset.
We ignore Raiders fans around these parts....
 6 years ago '10        #10
space
space
 Sticks said:
This.

Jay-Z was richer than Mike before his divorce.
and......what does that mean exactly?

I'll wait.....
 6 years ago '09        #11
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,731 | Props total: 6243 6243
If you are worth 400-500mil you are doing something right even if he is getting advice off others
People advise him but its he who puts his own money in and plenty of investers have advisers im sure

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 08-03-2011 at 01:35 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #12
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,459 | Props total: 16229 16229
un loyal - turn they back on ya.. self serving snake.. yes he is
 6 years ago '10        #13
space
space
 DOCTOR TEETH said:
what's the story with moving the nets to brooklyn
Oh you mean, the team he owns 1.5% of?

I wonder how much $$ he been losing with them? If you ever been to their games (which I doubt) their games are never sold out. NEVER!!!

When was the last time you heard him even talk about the Nets?
Watch when D Williams leaves them
 6 years ago '08        #14
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,881 | Props total: 12579 12579
 DVJ78 said:
We ignore Raiders fans around these parts....

Damn, you're fu*kin stupid.
 6 years ago '10        #15
space
space
 ShadyVsEminem said:
If you are worth 400-500mil you are doing something right
Please give me an example of one of his great investments.

40/40 got shut down and now he's opening them up in airports?

Nets?

What investment did he do on his own like 50 cent did Vitamin water or like Diddy did with Ciroc?
 6 years ago '10        #16
space
space
 FaceTheGawd said:

Damn, you're fu*kin stupid.
Thanks
 6 years ago '09        #17
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,731 | Props total: 6243 6243
 DVJ78 said:
Please give me an example of one of his great investments.

40/40 got shut down and now he's opening them up in airports?

Nets?

What investment did he do on his own like 50 cent did Vitamin water or like Diddy did with Ciroc?
I dont know or care im just saying he is one of the richest people in rap so if he isnt making the decisions he has obviously trusted someone with his money that knows what he is at
 6 years ago '06        #18
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,697 | Props total: 8660 8660
he has half billie in the bank he is a great businessman. when you are a business man you have to gamble and sometimes you are successful with one business and fail on the other.

nobody goes through life without failing in something no matter how rich you are.

i know rappers act like they dont but who is going to talk about their failures.
 6 years ago '10        #19
space
space
 marcusaka50 said:
he has half billie in the bank he is a great businessman. when you are a business man you have to gamble and sometimes you are successful with one business and fail on the other.

nobody goes through life without failing in something no matter how rich you are.

i know rappers act like they dont but who is going to talk about their failures.
Give me an example of one of his successful investments please.
 6 years ago '10        #20
space
space
 D.S.O.M. said:
you really think Jay-z manages Beyonce??? thats was a bunch of nicolebi*chie gossip

also you forgot to mention the 40/40 clubs and endorsement deals with Budweiser, Hewlett-Packard,and General Motors.
If you read what I wrote, you would see I mentioned the 40/40 clubs. The one in Vegas got shut down and the one in NY may as well get shut down because nobody here goes to it.

Budweiser was a sponsor for his album Kingdom Come. Hewlett-Packard had everybody and they mama doing commercials like Pharell and others and as I said above...his deal with General Motors was a failure. The car in the Jay Z blue color fizzled and got pulled off the market within 2 months.

Damn homey.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
100 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
127 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
85 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
178 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy