McNabb says Eagles “have more problems than people are looking at”

most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
23 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
422 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #1
6450 pageviews
127 comments

Grisly 29 heat pts29
space
space
$6,986 | Props total: 1331 1331
McNabb says Eagles “have more problems than people are looking at”

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

McNabb says Eagles “have more problems than people are looking at” | ProFootballTalk

When Donovan McNabb played quarterback for the Eagles, the Eagles never went bonkos when it comes to collecting talent. This year, the Eagles are like the fat kid at a bake sale who found a wallet in the parking lot.

And McNabb has noticed. More importantly, McNabb has opted to say something about it.

“I was there for 11 years, and the biggest thing we brought in was T.O.,” McNabb told Clark Judge of CBSSports.com. “Now they’re getting the so-called ‘Dream Team.’ It’s amazing, but I look back on my career and what they’re doing now . . . that’s great; that’s excellent. But you’re seeing another side. You’re seeing Andy [Reid] taking that chance. It’s not just taking that chance on one guy. They’re taking a chance on a bunch of guys. And they’re spending money. That’s amazing. Ever since the lockout [ended], teams have to spend money.”

Actually, no specific team has to spend money until 2013. That’s the biggest misconception arising from the new labor deal, and the fact that players don’t understand the issue demonstrates how widespread the misconception is. (Then again, it’s coming from the guy who didn’t know regular-season games could end in a tie.)

McNabb also thinks that the Eagles are embracing high expectations without acknowledging the possible problems that may arise.

“With T.O.,” McNabb told Judge, “after the first two or three weeks of training camp we felt like we had something. But you never say, ‘Aw, we’re going to win the Super Bowl. Fans say that. Radio says that. But now they expect them to win.”

McNabb is right; team president Joe Banner has said that the Eagles are “all in,” and he told PFT Live on Monday that this season will be successful only if the Eagles get to the Super Bowl and win it.

“[Y]ou’ve got to worry about DeSean [Jackson],” McNabb said. “When he comes back are you going to give DeSean the ball or throw it to [Jeremy] Maclin? Remember, you have to give LeSean McCoy the ball, too. And then at the end you still have to pay Mike Vick. They have more problems than people are looking at.”

The biggest problem, in our view, is getting all these new parts on the same page, quickly and without the benefit of an offseason program. With five new faces on defense alone in Nnamdi Asomugha, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Jason Babin, Cullen Jenkins, and now Jarrad Page, converted offensive line coach Juan Castillo will have an even harder time pulling the defense together on the fly, especially with the sudden mandate to be better than the Packers, Falcons, Saints, Cowboys, and the eventual AFC champion.

From the Vikings’ perspective, it probably would be better if McNabb didn’t worry about the Eagles. Or, at a minimum, that he quit talking about them. Though getting to the postseason could be an uphill climb for the Vikings, they’ll possibly have to face the Eagles — and it will be harder to beat them if they are pissed that McNabb tried to rain on their premature parade.
i think he just bitter cus the Eagles never spent no money when he was here, now they droppin mad cake for mike vick. image

127 comments for "McNabb says Eagles “have more problems than people are looking at”"

08-03-2011, 09:21 AM         #2
Little Dice 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
mcnaab is right

eagle never gave him help except for t.o
 6 years ago '04        #3
Grisly 29 heat pts29 OP
space
space
 slimwillie said:
what a clown. how is it a problem that u have to distyribute the ball to many weapons.

same dude who said he ahs nothing to prove. pus*y
honestly i think mcnabb is dumb....

"well, you gotta give the ball to maclin, AND Djack!, and shady!"

.....no sh*t, that's what the QB does homey. Mike Vick was doing it quite fine last year.

Mcnabb just got that bitter face right now like
 6 years ago '08        #4
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,799 | Props total: 12452 12452
 6 years ago '09        #5
WasabiTuna 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,484 | Props total: 7216 7216
Their problem is the packers. They made every single one of their moves because thier scared of the packers. I mean come on they signed Donald lee only because he can give insight on how to stop the packers offense.
 6 years ago '08        #6
space
space
 WasabiTuna said:
Their problem is the packers. They made every single one of their moves because thier scared of the packers. I mean come on they signed Donald lee only because he can give insight on how to stop the packers offense.

When's the last time a team repeated....I'll wait

Truth be told if we didn't have Akers chokin two easy Fgs we woulda won
 6 years ago '09        #7
WasabiTuna 19 heat pts19
space
space
 FaceTheGawd said:

Truth be told if we didn't have Akers chokin two easy Fgs we woulda won
I could say if James jones didn't drop a easy touchdown eagles would of got blown out.

And when's the last time eagles won a super bowl?...I'll wait
 6 years ago '05        #8
Stupendamatic 117 heat pts117
space
space
$18,471 | Props total: 3354 3354
Only valid point he made was how quickly can the defense gel together under the new dc. With the shortened off-season they'll have to accelerate the process to get the new additions up to speed.
 08-03-2011, 09:40 AM         #9
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WasabiTuna said:
You better be worried about the division....

Cause it aint gone be as easy this year.
 6 years ago '05        #10
Stupendamatic 117 heat pts117
space
space
$18,471 | Props total: 3354 3354
 FaceTheGawd said:

Pats in 03-04 before that Denver in 97-98. I believe 8 teams in history have repeated.
 6 years ago '08        #11
space
space
 Stupendamatic said:
Pats in 03-04 before that Denver in 97-98. I believe 8 teams in history have repeated.
I knew that man, exactly my point, happens rarely...guy is overconfident as hell
 6 years ago '09        #12
WasabiTuna 19 heat pts19
space
space
 antoniob 321 said:
You better be worried about the division....

Cause it aint gone be as easy this year.
Packers lost the division last year. and I actualy think it will be easier, bears and Vikings got worse. I see them losing the first lions game and that's it in the division.
 6 years ago '10        #13
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,150 | Props total: 15674 15674
 Stupendamatic said:
Only valid point he made was how quickly can the defense gel together under the new dc. With the shortened off-season they'll have to accelerate the process to get the new additions up to speed.
juan has a simplified system based on solid fundamentals and playing fast. With that said yes the still need to build chemistry, but it wont be as hard to pick up as some of the past defensive schemes

I still got love for D NAbb, but that n*gga sounding real salty right now. I have never heard a Qb complain about too many weapons around him. If it wasnt a problem last year when we were supposed to be 8-8 and not make the playoffs, how the hell is it gonna be a problem now
 6 years ago '04        #14
Grisly 29 heat pts29 OP
space
space
man i will forever remember mcnabb for playin fu*kin air guitar in the tunnel then proceeding to fu*king FAIL in dallas and result in the end of his career as an eagle.

through 3 games, the only TD pass was the one Mike Vick threw?

dude gave me some of the best football memories but was a jerkoff at the same time.
 6 years ago '10        #15
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,150 | Props total: 15674 15674
 Grisly said:
man i will forever remember mcnabb for playin fu*kin air guitar in the tunnel then proceeding to fu*king FAIL in dallas and result in the end of his career as an eagle.

through 3 games, the only TD pass was the one Mike Vick threw?

dude gave me some of the best football memories but was a jerkoff at the same time.
i remember that sh*t. I was in house full of Cowboys fans to

I wanted Vick to play the rest of the game at that very moment.
 6 years ago '04        #16
Grisly 29 heat pts29 OP
space
space
 lboog1423 said:
i remember that sh*t. I was in house full of Cowboys fans to

I wanted Vick to play the rest of the game at that very moment.
you and me both. McNabb was a fu*kin idiot. Look @ Vick and DJack like "man, look at this clown."

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #17
Saintaholic 86 heat pts86
space
space
$20,521 | Props total: 142 142
5 needs to stop it and move on from Philly, I never heard Tom Brady complain about the no name guys he had to throw to over the years. He made it work with whoever he had and won SBs with them. Its true the only valid point he made was that the new guys having a short time getting up to speed on the defensive and offensive systems. Then again there are alot of vets on the defensive side and they should catch on pretty quick.

Last edited by Saintaholic; 08-03-2011 at 10:37 AM..
 08-03-2011, 10:57 AM         #18
Braz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Grisly said:
you and me both. McNabb was a fu*kin idiot. Look @ Vick and DJack like "man, look at this clown."

6 years ago '08        #19
space
space
 Grisly said:

Man that gif was in every eagles thread two years back :disdain2:
 6 years ago '04        #20
Gtownkid04 
space
space
$6,867 | Props total: 67 67
Five is my second favorite Eagle ever, but he's sounding really bitter right now
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
151 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now