most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
78 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
129 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #41
Hyper_Intel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,938 | Props total: 89 89
It's not about the consumers, it's about XBOX and PS3's sales figures. Once they see demand for the systems go down, then they will announce a new one. We are happy right now, but that can change by next year. This dude speaking out his a.ss just like me, he's not at Sony or Microsoft or in those meetings so take this with a grain of salt.
 6 years ago '05        #42
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,880 | Props total: 20901 20901
 Hyper_Intel said:
It's not about the consumers, it's about XBOX and PS3's sales figures. Once they see demand for the systems go down, then they will announce a new one. We are happy right now, but that can change by next year. This dude speaking out his a.ss just like me, he's not at Sony or Microsoft or in those meetings so take this with a grain of salt.
He's one of the people that pushes the technology the farthest, and developers like him do know about new consoles in the pipeline a few years ahead of time to start developing for them. Like I said, 2014 is probably the likely point, so he's not lying there. But, I'm sure no one would be surprised if we saw one or the other by 2013 (probably Microsoft, though).
 6 years ago '06        #43
PremiumBreeze 
space
space
space
$612 | Props total: 145 145
Dunno why everybody is amazed, they been said they were trying to make consoles more powerful so they could get a 10 year span out of them when the 360 and PS3 were coming out.
 6 years ago '08        #44
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,104 | Props total: 23318 23318
MS is setting up to put out Halo 5 on the Next Box in 2015. I'm sure 343i has been prepping their next gen engine.

Next Box in 2014 with Halo 5 coming the following year. Makes too much sense for them not to do it.
 6 years ago '04        #45
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,751 | Props total: 1566 1566
 KSoraci7 said:
I'm not sure they would've lost had they waited a year. In fact by only having a worldwide advantage of 5million for coming out 1 year earlier, they are losing.

With 3 years left in the generation, Sony may very well overtake M$'s #2 spot to Wii by next year, especially with the difference in quality exclusives being dropped this year. Pushing Kinect as hard as they are with the lack of new ip's could really come back to haunt them. You don't abandon just your consumer like that especially for something that just isn't practical. 4 failed console's was enough for me and with the lack of new ips I have no regret.
Well I think going from being behind by 30 million to being up by 5 million users is a success,you have to remember its because of that out of the gate lead some developers were even willing to give the xbox brand a chance, all those games I mentioned from E3 2006 were at one time ps3 exclusive, I think had they waited a year they would have lost those titles.

on the RROD issue it sucked there is no excuse but me personally I never had to re-buy a 360 M$ always done right by me when it broke down and that's more than I can say for the ps2/dre issue so.......

as far as whats going to happen in the last three years I don't know ps3 has alot of great Ip's but the truth of the matter is they don't have hardware sellers, noone is really buying ps3's to play Uncharted or k!llzone or infamous they are all good games but thats all, Microsoft is playing it smart as much as people say "meh another halo" Reach sold 9 million and the reach bundle did well people respond to that game and I think they are going to continue to aslong as its quality same with gears on the other end microsoft has the 3rd party in the iron claw every big franchise from a.ssassins creed to call of duty have much bigger followings on 360 so publishers are going to advertise these games as 360 games first, The kinect is a risky move but only if they can't figure out how to make it work for all gamers it already has the install base to warrant heavy push it remains to be seen if its wise for M$ to do so but overall pound for pound xbox is offering a wider range of entertainment that the people are responding to and they can still play the price point game to stay ahead its going to be interesting.

Last edited by Ra-da-god; 08-03-2011 at 09:19 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #46
HotBYoungTurk 13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,716 | Props total: 2015 2015
i aint complainin.. perfect timing for me and what I got going on anyway.. i'm sure that sh*t gonna cost a good $400 bucks..
 6 years ago '08        #47
BRonin357 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,873 | Props total: 1153 1153
Not ready for a new console yet. especially after that post for the new way to handle graphical detail in a better way.
 08-03-2011, 07:49 PM         #48
KnockinOnHD2001 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
don't really care i still don't have a ps3 or xbox360
 6 years ago '11        #49
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,857 | Props total: 1454 1454
The current gen systems ain't even been out an entire 10 year period yet. Sony just not started making money on the PS3 until 3 years ago and the PS3 was almost a fail project due to the fact that the price tag was so high when it first came out.

Microsoft needs to get back on they damn job with the Fall releases b/c the last couple of years they have been seriously slacking with the exclusive games content main reason I bought a PS3 also.
 08-03-2011, 07:58 PM         #50
onepiecex3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yo, I can wait until 2018 for the 4th generation of gaming consoles, it wouldn't really matter to me. I'm content with my 360 for multiplayer and my PS3 for solo campaigns, plus, I've yet to see them max out what they can do on the PS3 yet so I'm expecting that to happen like 2 years before they release the PS4, and to be honest... Who the f*ck really cares about the Wii-U? We all know true gamers stick to M$ and Sony...
 6 years ago '10        #51
5K Studios 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,845 | Props total: 72 72
Nintendo has nothing to lose, everything to gain now.
 08-03-2011, 08:31 PM         #52
Old Man Quillis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
XBOX 360's are $70 at the pawn shops now days...
 08-03-2011, 08:46 PM         #53
chronicles 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
PS3 has plenty of life left. The 360 is a good console but it's showing it's age and limitations in some ways. Im not really ready for a new console
With that said i satisfied with my current consoles i feel like my PS3 hasn't even been tapped into yet.
 6 years ago '04        #54
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Blacknitro said:
Damn. I wonder how this effect Nintendo. It throws them out of the battle zone, which could put them ahead or put them far behind. This gonna be interesting.
thye are gonna be behind either way they try to play it, they are gonna say the Wii-U is next gen of course because if they call it current they are behind by 50mil but if they call it next gen when sony and M$ drop their next wave nintendo is gonna have the bigger base but they are going to be extremely under-powered in comparison Wii-u is 3 years too late......
 6 years ago '07        #55
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,377 | Props total: 13033 13033
i have no problem with this. i actually didn't believe it at all when there were rumors that next gen systems from MS and sony were coming out next year. they can get a lot more mileage out of these and quite frankly i don't really want to buy a new system. if the PS3 launched at $600, i can only imagine next gen . we're basically now in phase 2 of this gen, where kinect an move make those consoles up to par with wii's innovation, and now wii-u is bringing it up to speed with the graphics capability of its competitors. which brings me to...

Ra-da-god said:
"Shock and awe"

I dont think anyone is surprised by this, and this is the main reason why Wii-U is a mistake THIS GEN IS NOT OVER YET both 360 and ps3 have plenty of life in them graphics wise plus sony has yet to really profit off the ps3 they aren't gonna be so quick to kickstart the next neither is MS with all the money they are making off live and kinect......
it's actually pretty genius IMO. they have boasted that its graphics will outdo the current gen technology which is out of date, and they will be able to do it more cheaply now. they've been sitting pretty on the wii outselling everything, and just when its sales r starting to dip they have a new console on the horizon. the "u" might was well stand for update to me. i pretty much just consider this phase 2 of the current gen, like i said earlier.

Last edited by joshdogg26; 08-03-2011 at 09:40 PM..
 08-03-2011, 09:40 PM         #56
Stringz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Oh no, and i just saved up enough for a ps4 and uncharted 5
 6 years ago '04        #57
ggfresh 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,751 | Props total: 94 94
intendo releases every 6 years so expect a 2012 release and following up a 2018 release. By the time the new Nintendo Console comes out PS4 and 720 will have 4 years under them and expect Nintendo to have better hardware than both.
 6 years ago '04        #58
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
 joshdogg26 said:
i have no problem with this. i actually didn't believe it at all when there were rumors that next gen systems from MS and sony were coming out next year. they can get a lot more mileage out of these and quite frankly i don't really want to buy a new system. if the PS3 launched at $600, i can only imagine next gen . we're basically now in phase 2 of this gen, where kinect an move make those consoles up to par with wii's innovation, and now wii-u is bringing it up to speed with the graphics capability of its competitors. which brings me to...

it's actually pretty genius IMO. they have boasted that its graphics will outdo the current gen technology which is out of date, and they will be able to do it more cheaply now. they've been sitting pretty on the wii outselling everything, and just when its sales r starting to dip they have a new console on the horizon. the "u" might was well stand for update to me. i pretty much just consider this phase 2 of the current gen, like i said earlier.
but what happens when this gen is over? do you then abandon the wii-U adopters after you just asked them to invest in your new product? the they so no they are going to be severely underpowered and once again lose dev support if they say yes they are fu*king over their base its going to be a PR nightmare

the wii is outselling everything because its marketed to 1st time gamers the Wii-u is being built to catch the hardcore and after the game cube and Wii fiasco if nintendo pulls a fast one this time thats game over
 6 years ago '06        #59
1OverJordan24 123 heat pts123
space
space
$3,954 | Props total: 1001 1001
I'm waiting on the PS9
 6 years ago '07        #60
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,377 | Props total: 13033 13033
 Ra-da-god said:
but what happens when this gen is over? do you then abandon the wii-U adopters after you just asked them to invest in your new product? the they so no they are going to be severely underpowered and once again lose dev support if they say yes they are fu*king over their base its going to be a PR nightmare

the wii is outselling everything because its marketed to 1st time gamers the Wii-u is being built to catch the hardcore and after the game cube and Wii fiasco if nintendo pulls a fast one this time thats game over
nah i think they'll just keep wii-u around for about 5 years like they've been doing and then release a true competitor to the other next-gen consoles. right now they're just playing catch-up and trying to give their hardware sales a shot in the arm since that tends to be a huge part of their profits, unlike sony and MS.
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
202 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
166 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
90 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
227 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
188 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
261 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
90 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
134 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy