No PS4, Xbox 720 before 2014, says Skyrim boss

most viewed right now
 112
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
60 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 84
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
189 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 80
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
212 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 55
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
135 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 08-03-2011, 01:20 PM         #21
BMS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
360 is a piece of junk now im sick of.... the look of it, sound, layout, shiit games, headset.... aswell as all the updates, achievements, snotty nosed kids on mics, noises it makes when some donut keeps signing in and out every second

guess it aint that bad of news seeing as though im getting ps3 soon and i will be able to play that for atleast 3 years before a new console is out
 6 years ago '04        #22
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$11,754 | Props total: 1572 1572
 Da Ill One said:
I know what you are saying...but you have to think how hard it is to think of a new IP...and a new IP that will sell...too much money involved to put out a new game and have it only sell 500 copies... if companies did these they'd all go out of buisness and we wouldn't have ANY games
yeah I meant to say "I can understand", alot of good high quality games came out and were amazing production wise but only ended up with respectable or bad sales looking at it from that angle I can see why M$ chose to go with what works I don't agree with it but I understand. They spent millions on games like Alan Wake and Too Human only to have them perform either decent or poorly sales wise, now personally I think both of these series deserve sequels but with gears, halo and Fable doing numbers out the gate I can understand why M$ is so focused on just giving people what they are buying instead of taking risks like they did earlier this gen.....
 6 years ago '06        #23
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 Ra-da-god said:
true but look how much money publishers have lost on new IP's its easy to see why everyone is playing it safe I don't like it but I can understand why everyone has taken their foot off the pedal and chosen to go with what works.....
Well Kinect seems to be the new movement for M$ right now, I personally think they're pushing it hard to steal Wii owners before Wii2 drops next year. Thats the only thing I can think of really, Move on the other hand seems be just an "available option" for games if you choose.

I'm not a fan of this Move or kinect sh*t and will never buy either. As long as it doesn't hinder the amount of game releases for my system throughout the year I couldn't care less if it exists or not.
 08-03-2011, 01:26 PM         #24
redacted 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Unless you are the type of person who just has to have something new and shiny every five years, You'll agree that there is really no rush. Good games will still be good if they are made for old hardware, current gen, or next.
 6 years ago '04        #25
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$11,754 | Props total: 1572 1572
 KSoraci7 said:
Well Kinect seems to be the new movement for M$ right now, I personally think they're pushing it hard to steal Wii owners before Wii2 drops next year. Thats the only thing I can think of really, Move on the other hand seems be just an "available option" for games if you choose.

I'm not a fan of this Move or kinect sh*t and will never buy either. As long as it doesn't hinder the amount of game releases for my system throughout the year I couldn't care less if it exists or not.
yeah I see what you mean they are going hard with the motion sh*t right now (more than I would like), I'm gonna be honest for certain types of games I think the kinect has alot of potential, my bro has one I was playing child of eden on it yesterday we talked about how panzer dragoon would be perfect on the kinect if done right, If they could master the hybrid sh*t for more traditional games and create a string of innovative original content to play for it like child of eden I'm all for it.....
 6 years ago '04        #26
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
avatar space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
The MAIN problem I see with Kinect SO FAR...is it's almost impossible to make a game where you walk or a true FPS...unless it's on rails... I mean yeah you can walk in place that would get super tiring for an hour or two to walk in place and duck behind your couch for cover IMO at least
 6 years ago '04        #27
ggfresh 15 heat pts15
space
avatar space
space
$2,754 | Props total: 97 97
^ MS should focus on more smaller titles like angry birds and sell them at a price point of 4.99 on Xbox live and use those titles to sell Kinect.

MS should ask all devs to add extra Kinect features into hard core games to please the audience. For example Mass Effect 3 it would be nice to control your character using the gamepad, solve puzzles using motion controls and command team members using voice
 6 years ago '04        #28
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
avatar space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
 ggfresh said:
^ MS should focus on more smaller titles like angry birds and sell them at a price point of 4.99 on Xbox live and use those titles to sell Kinect.

MS should ask all devs to add extra Kinect features into hard core games to please the audience. For example Mass Effect 3 it would be nice to control your character using the gamepad, solve puzzles using motion controls and command team members using voice
Yeah that would be Dope...but Kinect's whole thing is the "look ma no controller" which I think was a big mistake... i'm not into the motion either...but at least on the move you can walk and do stuff that Kinect can't do (at least yet anyway)
 6 years ago '04        #29
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$11,754 | Props total: 1572 1572
 Da Ill One said:
The MAIN problem I see with Kinect SO FAR...is it's almost impossible to make a game where you walk or a true FPS...unless it's on rails... I mean yeah you can walk in place that would get super tiring for an hour or two to walk in place and duck behind your couch for cover IMO at least
but see that's where I think they have the chance to make something unique, lets be real If I wanna play a fps my first instinct is to pick up a controller I don't want to play halo controller free (sh*t seems tiring lol) they could find a way for kinect to complement that play style not replace. The problem with this generation of gamers is they think for a game to be considered hardcore you have to be stabbing or shooting something the era of games I come from hardcore meant something different.

You can't tell me a new panzer dragoon wouldn't be perfect for kinect and with the hd remake craze they have the perfect excuse to re-release the previous games aswell and make them kinect enabled....

Adventure games would be perfect for kinect too so would the oldschool QTE style joints like dragons lair there's mountains of potential sitting their M$ just has to think out of the box the problem is they don't have any real gamers left at their gamer division Peter moore actually cared about dope games thats why the first 3 years of 360 was so dope now we go kudo tsunoda.....blah
 6 years ago '06        #30
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
Well there's some things that look pretty cool like in the new starwars sh*t they were showing:


[video - click to view]


Some innovative sh*t right there, but there's no chance in hell I'm going through every level like this everytime I boot up the game If your TV isn't at least 50 inches, I can see this being an underwhelming experience. Looks sick on a movie theater size screen though.


Innovative yes, realistic option for the majority of gamers no.


Last edited by Soraci7; 08-03-2011 at 01:59 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #31
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$11,754 | Props total: 1572 1572
 KSoraci7 said:
Well there's some things that look pretty cool like in the new starwars sh*t they were showing:



Some innovative sh*t right there, but there's no chance in hell I'm going through every level like this everytime I boot up the game If your TV isn't at least 50 inches, I can see this being an underwhelming experience. Looks sick on a movie theater size screen though.


Innovative yes, realistic option for the majority of gamers no.
well if gamers aren't willing to try something new they need to stop complaining when halo 10 and call of duty 18 is announced you can't have it both ways....

I happen to commend their attempt with kinect star wars I just hope its good
 6 years ago '06        #32
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 Ra-da-god said:
well if gamers aren't willing to try something new they need to stop complaining when halo 10 and call of duty 18 is announced you can't have it both ways....

I happen to commend their attempt with kinect star wars I just hope its good

I think most console owners would just rather prefer new an more ips at least I do, who said it has to be cod 18 or Halo 8, I probably won't be getting mw3 this year cause there will be too much out, at least for ps3(Not turning this into a war).

Just need to focus on new ips, M$ started out with great IPS at the beginning of this gen and then rested on their laurels and just put out sequels year after year.


It's a marathon not a sprint M$ just needs to stick to what they're good at, sometimes greed can get you ahead of yourself. It's practically old news at this point, besides Gears which i'm copping a new system for I'm really not that excited for Halo. I'm sure it'll be fun but at the end of the day we've seen it before


Last edited by Soraci7; 08-03-2011 at 02:43 PM..
 6 years ago '08        #33
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
avatar space
space
$39,280 | Props total: 13657 13657
Good I can rock with my ps3 for a few more years
 6 years ago '04        #34
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$11,754 | Props total: 1572 1572
 KSoraci7 said:
I think most console owners would just rather prefer new an more ips at least I do, who said it has to be cod 18 or Halo 8? Just focus on new ips, M$ started out with great IPS at the beginning of this gen and then rested on their laurels and just put out sequels year after year.

It's turned into old news at this point, besides Gears which i'm copping a new system for I'm really not that excited for Halo. I'm sure it'll be fun but at the end of the day

It's a marathon not a sprint M$ just needs to stick to what they're good at, sometimes greed can get you ahead of yourself.
and I can understand but with alot of gamers it seems like they ask for one thing and complain about another though, its like on one hand you ask for innovation and when its given you complain about traditionalism, yes true I can tell you a new story create a new world for you to shoot people in but its still a FPS, I can make a new dragon for you to slay and add all these pretty pixels and shader effect but its still and RPG,I'm a traditionalist at heart if it ain't broke dont fix it BUT I'm always up for that new thing thats gonna make me feel like I did blowing in those nes cartridges 100 times lol.

bro trust me I'm with you I can't be mad at new IP's and I wish M$ would find a better balance for what they are doing they are kind of sh*tting on what they built with the last xbox and with the 3 years of the 360....

but its like we were saying look at how much money is being lost on new Ip's, looking at it from that perspective can you blame them? Sony is bringing alot of sh*t but to be fair their first 2 or 3 years sucked for the ps3 they didn't really get their sh*t together till the end of 2008 don't they owe it to us as gamers to go hard? not to mention in their effort to keep gamers happy they are losing a ton of money no company can keep that up for long. We are quick to forget this is a business too I Can't fault a company for wanting to make money and going with what works and what works is def making M$ money I enjoy halo and look foward to the trilogy do I want some new stories to play though? yes......


Last edited by Ra-da-god; 08-03-2011 at 02:57 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #35
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 Ra-da-god said:

but its like we were saying look at how much money is being lost on new Ip's, looking at it from that perspective can you blame them? Sony is bringing alot of sh*t but to be fair their first 2 or 3 years sucked for the ps3 they didn't really get their sh*t together till the end of 2008 don't they owe it to us as gamers to go hard? not to mention in their effort to keep gamers happy they are losing a ton of money no company can keep that up for long. We are quick to forget this is a business too I Can't fault a company for wanting to make money and going with what works and what works is def making M$ money I enjoy halo and look foward to the trilogy do I want some new stories to play though? yes......
Well the 1st 2 years of the ps3's existence was barebones because M$ purposely rushed their console out in order to steal Sony's install base all while knowing that they had a high console failure rate.

Sony then was forced to release PS3 in '06, the console was nowhere near ready. The controller didn't even have rumble till practically 10 months later.(I don't know if you joined this site yet, but I used to bash JoeKilla in the ps3 lounge for d!ckriding the ps3 that was skeleton like at the time.) Sony's excuse for no rumble was pathetic, no trophy system, no rumble etc. but the IP's they had dropped(sans Lair) were solid and showed the potential of the Cell so I stayed with it.

Worldwide sales 360 currently leads by about 5million due to the 1 year headstart. I personally loved my time on the 360, if I didn't I wouldnt have gone through 4 of them.

Xbots think I'm biased here but they don't realize I do not play consoles because of the name brand. I ditched PS2 last gen because of MULTIPLE disc read error's for the OG XBOX, and this time around it was the 4 rrod's combined with lack of new IPS and inferior hardware.

You give me a reliable console with more IPS that keep pushing the envelope forward along with hardware that isn't tapped and that company will win me over 10/10 times. For some reason that's impossible for them to understand. I don't care about a company name, none of them are writing me checks, the only thing that matters is me the consumer.


Last edited by Soraci7; 08-03-2011 at 03:53 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #36
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$11,754 | Props total: 1572 1572
 KSoraci7 said:
Well the 1st 2 years of the ps3's existence was barebones because M$ purposely rushed their console out in order to steal Sony's install base all while knowing that they had a high console failure rate.

Sony then was forced to release PS3 in '06, the console was nowhere near ready. The controller didn't even have rumble till practically 10 months later.(I don't know if you joined this site yet, but I used to bash JoeKilla in the ps3 lounge for d!ckriding the ps3 that was skeleton like at the time.) Sony's excuse for no rumble was pathetic, no trophy system, no rumble etc. but the IP's they had dropped(never owned Lair) were solid and showed the potential of the Cell so I stayed with it.
If M$ wouldn't have did that they would have lost, they had to throw sony off their balance coming off of last generation the playstation brand had all the momentum, all the 3rd party brands and developer support at their finger tips M$ had built up some respectable franchises but nothing could hold a candle to the clutch sony had if you remember I think e3 2006, RE5, Dmc 4, rockstar western game (RDR), FF13, GTA 4 and new IP a.ssassins creed were all announced as playstation 3 exclusive if Microsoft was gonna compete that had to change. I joined the bx in 2004 so I remember Joekilla dude was diehard sony I had my run ins with him too sh*t was funny he hung on ken's every word about the ps3.

after e3 2006 with the game line-up (all thought to be ps3 exclusive) and the impressive array of tech demos I became an early adopter of the ps3 infact I had bought and sold the ps3 twice before I got my slim last year and decided to stick with it, I just really felt like they under-delivered sure they are coming through now but thats after all the fun I've had with the 360.

I feel the same though I'm about games first I thought the OG xbox was superior to the ps2 in every way but it was because of the 3rd party games I didn't ditch my playstation despite all the problems it gave me, I think the ps3 is an incredible piece of tech its just my secondary system I bought it for that reason I never planned to own a whole bunch of games for it just those 1st exclusives I have my 360 for everything else, I'll always ride with xbox first because I prefer the western approach to gaming hardware,IMO Japanese devs are always playing catch up and the ps3 OS wise is prime example of that


Last edited by Ra-da-god; 08-03-2011 at 04:04 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #37
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 Ra-da-god said:
If M$ wouldn't have did that they would have lost, they had to throw sony off their balance coming off of last generation the playstation brand had all the momentum, all the 3rd party brands and developer support at their finger tips M$ had built up some respectable franchises but nothing could hold a candle to the clutch sony had if you remember I think e3 2006, RE5, Dmc 4, rockstar western game (RDR), FF13, GTA 4 and new IP a.ssassins creed were all announced as playstation 3 exclusive if Microsoft was gonna compete that had to change. I joined the bx in 2004 so I remember Joekilla dude was diehard sony I had my run ins with him too sh*t was funny he hung on ken's every word about the ps3.
I'm not sure they would've lost had they waited a year. In fact by only having a worldwide advantage of 5million for coming out 1 year earlier, they are losing.

I honestly think PS3 wasn't even supposed to be released in '06. Considering it wasn't near ready when released and with the way the PS2 was still selling, it would make no sense. M$ clearly jumped the gun before they ever needed to.

Had 360 they waited till '06 to drop, they really could have worked to fix the RROD issue. I don't know how much money they are losing from it, but it def wasn't worth it for the 5mill lead. And who knows how many of those sales are due to repurchases and not new customers? All the meanwhile tarnishing their image.

Regadless, none of this matters now. The RROD issue seems to have been alleviated to a certain extent, and PS3 is nowhere near it's barebone form anymore. What matters is the game library and good new IPs. This is what pushes consoles, and probably has a lot to due with the now small lead M$ has over Sony.

With 3 years left in the generation, Sony may very well overtake M$'s #2 spot to Wii by next year, especially with the difference in quality exclusives being dropped this year. Pushing Kinect as hard as they are with the lack of new ip's could really come back to haunt them. You don't abandon just your consumer like that especially for something that just isn't practical. 4 failed console's was enough for me and with the lack of new ips I have no regret.


Last edited by Soraci7; 08-03-2011 at 04:23 PM..
 08-03-2011, 04:32 PM         #38
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm not a gamer like that. I fuhks with a few f!ghtin' games, the 2K & maybe some action/adventure joints. But as an outsider lookin' in, I don't see what else you can do to make whats out better anyway. I mean, I can't think of anything else to upgrade these sh1ts that would be THAT significant unless they make it like some Tron sh1t & youre actually skippin' around through an environment touchin' & pickin' up stuff & feelin' actual pain.

??
 6 years ago '05        #39
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
avatar space
space
$45,893 | Props total: 20995 20995
 KSoraci7 said:
I'm not sure they would've lost had they waited a year. In fact by only having a worldwide advantage of 5million for coming out 1 year earlier, they are losing.

I honestly think PS3 wasn't even supposed to be released in '06. Considering it wasn't near ready when released and with the way the PS2 was still selling, it would make no sense. M$ clearly jumped the gun before they ever needed to.

Had 360 they waited till '06 to drop, they really could have worked to fix the RROD issue. I don't know how much money they are losing from it, but it def wasn't worth it for the 5mill lead. And who knows how many of those sales are due to repurchases and not new customers? All the meanwhile tarnishing their image.

Regadless, none of this matters now. The RROD issue seems to have been alleviated to a certain extent, and PS3 is nowhere near it's barebone form anymore. What matters is the game library and good new IPs. This is what pushes consoles, and probably has a lot to due with the now small lead M$ has over Sony.

With 3 years left in the generation, Sony may very well overtake M$'s #2 spot to Wii by next year, especially with the difference in quality exclusives being dropped this year. Pushing Kinect as hard as they are with the lack of new ip's could really come back to haunt them. You don't abandon just your consumer like that especially for something that just isn't practical. 4 failed console's was enough for me and with the lack of new ips I have no regret.


Anyway.. On your other argument about #2 and #3 and sh*t in sales, I think by next year 360 and PS3 are actually on track to be #1 and #2 when it comes to install base in homes. Most people have abandoned the Wii they purchased and don't even own it anymore. I forget where the graph is that I saw that showed the numbers, but the Wii has hit a huge downturn when it comes to people that actually still own them.

Also, I'm pretty sure 2014 is the year too, but at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised to see something new in 2013 either. This is like the first time since the inception of video games that we've seen this large of a gap in between generations of consoles. That's what comes with the level of technology we're at now, though.
 6 years ago '08        #40
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
avatar space
space
$40,107 | Props total: 23323 23323
good, 10 years of tech advancement means we'll be blown the fu*k away by what devs create next gen. I mean we got Uncharted, KZ2, Gears, and etc from 512MB of ram. We're looking at what could possibly be consoles with 4gigs of ram
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 47
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
45 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 32
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 31
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 28
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
47 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 24
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 21
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
21 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 13
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy