No PS4, Xbox 720 before 2014, says Skyrim boss

most viewed right now
 117
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 95
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
135 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 60
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
154 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 54
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
99 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #1
5687 pageviews
74 comments


KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
avatar space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
No PS4, Xbox 720 before 2014, says Skyrim boss
 

 

[pic - click to view]



Next-generation consoles won't arrive in 2012 "or the year after", reckons Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim director Todd Howard.

When asked by PSM3 magazine how long he thinks we'll have to wait for successors to PS3 and Xbox 360, Howard said he thinks "consumers are happy" with current hardware.

"I think it's going to be a while still, I really do. I think consumers are happy with the current ones, there's a lot you can do with them," he said. "So I don't think it's coming next year or the year after."

Quizzed on earlier comments that Bethesda was considering waiting until the next PlayStation and Xbox hardware to release Skyrim, Howard said that conversations over moving the title to next-gen consoles were "very serious".

"We want [Skyrim] to be fresh. We don't want it to feel, visually or technically, 'Oh this is Fallout 3' or 'this is Oblivion' And if we couldn't do that we would have waited," he said.

2K global president Christoph Hartmann recently claimed Microsoft and Sony are already "experimenting" with Kinect and Move for what could be the foundations of their next-generation console plans.

Hardware giant AMD piped up last month to claim the next Xbox will feature graphics on a par with James Cameron's Avatar.


[pic - click to view]

 News: No PS4, Xbox 720 before 2014, says Skyrim boss - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

74 comments for "No PS4, Xbox 720 before 2014, says Skyrim boss"

 6 years ago '08        #2
King Jackson 86 heat pts86
space
avatar space
space
$5,456 | Props total: 2080 2080
That's cool with me .. I don't think any developer has completely maxed out the PS3's console yet! And if they keep saturating the market with top-tier games like they are this year then why release a new console before then
 6 years ago '08        #3
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
 Pro337 said:
That's cool with me .. I don't think any developer has completely maxed out the PS3's console yet! And if they keep saturating the market with top-tier games like they are this year then why release a new console before then
this. everytime i read a article, it says the ps3 still has so much to give. as long as i get quality games, i could care less about a new system
 6 years ago '06        #4
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
Makes sense, didn't they announce another 3 Halo games for 360? 2012-13-14....We're looking at 2015 for the next gen imo.


I'm entirely happy with this, plenty of room for the ps3 to grow since it's potential is still untapped.
 6 years ago '04        #5
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541 OP
space
avatar space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 KSoraci7 said:
Makes sense, didn't they announce another 3 Halo games for 360? 2012-13-14....We're looking at 2015 for the next gen imo.


I'm entirely happy with this, plenty of room for the ps3 to grow since it's potential is still untapped.
I'm glad this is the case. I'm in no rush to get a new system anytime soon.


Last edited by KURUPTION!!!; 08-03-2011 at 10:41 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #6
ggfresh 15 heat pts15
space
avatar space
space
$2,754 | Props total: 97 97
they might debut it next year @ E3 what else are they going to debut they have trilogies in almost every game now.
 6 years ago '04        #7
LordBlanco|M 50 heat pts50
space
avatar space
space
$35,048 | Props total: 19879 19879
wow...... 2-4 more years with these outdated systems.. all these new games have to be dumbed down graphically just to make the frame rate better... im tired of it!!!

with that said.... im content with 2 more years.... anything more is wild to me.....


Last edited by LordBlanco; 08-03-2011 at 10:49 AM..
 6 years ago '06        #8
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 I AM LEGEND said:
I'm glad this is the case. I'm in no rush to get a new system anytime soon. I think though, you are going to see the gap between the PS3 and 360 start to widen from a technical standpoint though. M$ is going to have to get 2 or 3 brand new IPs out there.
You're right. A Quality IP will always trump graphics imo. Considering I just bought Borderlands and still play MAG both of which aren't known for "groundbreaking visuals", graphics should only really be a plus.

If 360 comes out with some new ips not named halo, fable or forza I will gladly buy another brand new system. Tapped doesn't mean bad quality, I'm just not gonna sit here making threads fapping to FEAR 3 because the rest of my library is currently weak.

Btw I just got a R3 beta code thanks to a certain somebody on this board :agreement6: Will be live tomorrow, you got the beta too?
 6 years ago '08        #9
King Jackson 86 heat pts86
space
avatar space
space
$5,456 | Props total: 2080 2080
 KSoraci7 said:
You're right. A Quality IP will always trump graphics imo. Considering I just bought Borderlands and still play MAG both of which aren't known for "groundbreaking visuals", graphics should only really be a plus.

If 360 comes out with some new ips not named halo, fable or forza I will gladly buy another brand new system. Tapped doesn't mean bad quality, I'm just not gonna sit here making threads fapping to FEAR 3 because the rest of my library is currently weak.

Btw I just got a R3 beta code thanks to a certain somebody on this board :agreement6: Will be live tomorrow, you got the beta too?
I'll be on that R3 BETA
 6 years ago '06        #10
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 Pro337 said:
I'll be on that R3 BETA
 6 years ago '04        #11
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
avatar space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
We should team up Koraci and Pro...go wreck some havoc online
 6 years ago '06        #12
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 Da Ill One said:
We should team up Koraci and Pro...go wreck some havoc online
Well Kurupt had Socom 4 so he should be joining as well. So far it'll be Soraci7, Da Ill One, Pro, Kurupt & TriangleOffense. BXOGs ftw
 08-03-2011, 12:28 PM         #13
PR0TENTIAL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KSoraci7 said:
Makes sense, didn't they announce another 3 Halo games for 360? 2012-13-14....We're looking at 2015 for the next gen imo.


I'm entirely happy with this, plenty of room for the ps3 to grow since it's potential is still untapped.
They announced another trilogy but they didn't say it would finish out on the Xbox 360. The first trilogy didn't finish on the OG Xbox and I don't expect this one to finish on the 360.
 6 years ago '04        #14
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541 OP
space
avatar space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 KSoraci7 said:
You're right. A Quality IP will always trump graphics imo. Considering I just bought Borderlands and still play MAG both of which aren't known for "groundbreaking visuals", graphics should only really be a plus.

If 360 comes out with some new ips not named halo, fable or forza I will gladly buy another brand new system. Tapped doesn't mean bad quality, I'm just not gonna sit here making threads fapping to FEAR 3 because the rest of my library is currently weak.

Btw I just got a R3 beta code thanks to a certain somebody on this board :agreement6: Will be live tomorrow, you got the beta too?
You already know homie. Oh yeah, I'm still gonna grab that Borderlands before the weekend. It was $29.99 just for the regular verson on the store and they wanted another $30 for the DLC. I'm just going to grab a hard copy and get my wife's discount on it.


Last edited by KURUPTION!!!; 08-03-2011 at 12:31 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #15
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$11,754 | Props total: 1572 1572
"Shock and awe"

I dont think anyone is surprised by this, and this is the main reason why Wii-U is a mistake THIS GEN IS NOT OVER YET both 360 and ps3 have plenty of life in them graphics wise plus sony has yet to really profit off the ps3 they aren't gonna be so quick to kickstart the next neither is MS with all the money they are making off live and kinect......
 6 years ago '06        #16
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 Chamillitary said:
They announced another trilogy but they didn't say it would finish out on the Xbox 360. The first trilogy didn't finish on the OG Xbox and I don't expect this one to finish on the 360.
That's because they had issues with Bungie and Bungie also wanted to move on from the series. Considering we've already seen 3 Halo's on 360 which is turning into 4 by next year, I don't see why it's that unrealistic at this point

 I AM LEGEND said:
You already know homie. Oh yeah, I'm still gonna grab that Borderlands before the weekend. It was $29.99 just for the regular verson on the store and they wanted another $30 for the DLC. I'm just going to grab a hard copy and get my wife's discount on it.
Whenever u pick it up is good with me. Guns are crack. Can't wait for this beta though, R2 online was trash compared to the 1st one and they really seemed to have gone back to their roots. Wasn't really big on the beta until I saw the gameplay.


[video - click to view]


Environments and hit detection look fantastic so far.
 6 years ago '05        #17
Dun Language 3971 heat pts3971
space
avatar space
space
$75,921 | Props total: 30301 30301
I'm good with the 36o no complaints

It's the video game developers who need to step it up
 6 years ago '06        #18
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 CashNy said:
I'm good with the 36o no complaints

It's the video game developers who need to step it up
When the Devs aren't being commissioned to make new ips it's not them who have to step it up.
 6 years ago '04        #19
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$11,754 | Props total: 1572 1572
 KSoraci7 said:
When the Devs aren't being commissioned to make new ips it's not them who have to step it up.
true but look how much money publishers have lost on new IP's its easy to see why everyone is playing it safe I don't like it but I can understand why everyone has taken their foot off the pedal and chosen to go with what works.....
 6 years ago '04        #20
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
avatar space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
 Ra-da-god said:
true but look how much money publishers have lost on new IP's its easy to see why everyone is playing it safe I don't like it but I can't understand why everyone has taken their foot off the pedal and chosen to go with what works.....
I know what you are saying...but you have to think how hard it is to think of a new IP...and a new IP that will sell...too much money involved to put out a new game and have it only sell 500 copies... if companies did these they'd all go out of buisness and we wouldn't have ANY games
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 34
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 20
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 19
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
15 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 15
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
105 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 10
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 10
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 7
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy