Drake Says He's A Microphone Fiend, "I've Gotten Better At Rapping, [Peep] The Bars"

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
108 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
23 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
31 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
51 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-02-2011, 05:01 PM         #1
6881 pageviews
108 comments

s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Drake Says He's A Microphone Fiend, "I've Gotten Better At Rapping, [Peep] The Bars"

Young Money star Drake recently opened up about his upcoming Take Care album and the sophomore project's new single, "Headlines."

Drizzy also took the time to reveal his emcee skills have developed since last year's Thank Me Later.

"By no means is it the best song on my album, it's really just the song for this moment, right now," Drake said about his "Headlines" single. "This is really, in my opinion, my best project...There's a lot of songs on it. Although people encourage me like, 'Oh, do 11, 12 songs,' I think there's going to be probably 18 songs on it. It's very reminiscent of 'So Far Gone' but the production has stepped up like 10 notches. I feel like I've gotten better at rapping, so I'm really excited for people to hear the bars." (The Juice)

The rapper's new single landed across the Internet on Sunday (July 31).

First thing this morning, on the day of the second annual OVO Festival (July 31), Drake released the first single off "Take Care" (Oct. 24), titled "Headlines." On the Boi-1da and Noah "40" Shebib-produced track, Drake humbly rhymes about the money he's stacking and claims "the real is on the rise." Before releasing "Headlines" through his website, October's Very Own, Drizzy teased fans with tracks such as "Marvin's Room" and "Trust Issues." "Marvin's Room" jumped twelve slots on the R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart to No. 23 last week. (Billboard)

For his highly-anticipated LP, Drake recently said fans can expect to hear music icon Stevie Wonder.

"Stevie Wonder is a very close friend of mine. I'm honored to call him a friend, someone who embraced me very early in this music business," Drake said in an interview. "This is an exclusive right here, because it's MuchMusic, and we're Canadian: Stevie Wonder is actually on 'Take Care.' -- He helped me out with a lot of the music, just came and sat with me, listened to my music, told me where I could add a couple things to make it more sonically appealing, and not only that but we actually are writing together, which is an incredible experience...So I hit him, asked him to come by, and with no hesitation he hit me back like 'I will be there.' Not only that, but he was supposed to do two songs and he did like six -- It was incredible." (MuchMusic)

Although Take Care does not drop until October, Drizzy has already secured guest features from rap stars Rick Ross and Lil Wayne.

He cues up several tracks in various states of completion, all of which sit squarely in the sparse, somber register that's become his trademark. "Shot for Me," the likely album opener, is a marvel of melancholy bravado: He sings "B*tch, I'm the man" in a moan that undercuts the brag, over a beat (courtesy of Shebib) that pairs aching synthesizer notes with an exhilarating barrage of high-hats. Other highlights include "Free Spirit," featuring Rick Ross and the refrain "Tat my name on you so I know it's real," and "The Real Her," a narcotically woozy love song with detuned pianos and a Lil Wayne guest spot." (Rolling Stone)

Take Care is slated to drop October 24th.

[pic - click to view]

Drake Says He's A Microphone Fiend, "I've Gotten Better At Rapping, [Peep] The Bars" [Video] | SOHH.COM

108 comments for "Drake Says He's A Microphone Fiend, "I've Gotten Better At Rapping, [Peep] The Bars""

08-02-2011, 05:12 PM         #2
coolbeans  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Shut the fu*k up Drake

Lil B > Drake
 6 years ago '07        #3
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
space
$11,914 | Props total: 573 573
Can't wait till Oct 24th...gonna be problems..
 08-02-2011, 05:39 PM         #4
Slickems  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"a very close friend of mine"

Drake so fu*king corny
 08-02-2011, 05:48 PM         #5
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Slickems said:
"a very close friend of mine"

Drake so fu*king corny
As is Pretty Ricky...................Pretty Ricky.
 6 years ago '04        #6
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,786 | Props total: 1792 1792
 ItsDipsetSlime said:
that's scary knowing he's already nice on the mic & he's 24
Alotta emcees were nice before 24, most legends dropped their best albums early in their career, usually it's their debut.
 08-02-2011, 05:52 PM         #7
Slickems  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 s7venwords said:
As is Pretty Ricky...................Pretty Ricky.
cool story bro
 08-02-2011, 06:08 PM         #8
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Slickems said:
cool story bro
That's your life.
 6 years ago '04        #9
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
inb4pkilla
 08-02-2011, 06:39 PM         #10
sourkush  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol at Drake bein corny, atleast he keep it real tho. Would it be better 4 u n*ggas if he acted like a hood n*gga, maybe hid his past (and turned out 2 be a CO like ya favorite rapper) and had a fake a.ss accent like Plies? lol U n*ggas k!ll me
 6 years ago '06        #11
Affectz 130 heat pts130
space
space
$8,207 | Props total: 4465 4465
legend messing with a legend,swag
 6 years ago '10        #12
ThRoWeD MaN LaN 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,302 | Props total: 1495 1495
 sourkush said:
lol at Drake bein corny, atleast he keep it real tho. Would it be better 4 u n*ggas if he acted like a hood n*gga, maybe hid his past (and turned out 2 be a CO like ya favorite rapper) and had a fake a.ss accent like Plies? lol U n*ggas k!ll me
Word... that's why Drake gets my personal co-sign (despite how irrelevant it is)... Drake is a corny dude BUT can make DOPE a.ss music to fit his simpish persona. Of course he's gotten a little bit off his roots by implementing some of Wayne's personality traits, but he still is himself.
 6 years ago '04        #13
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 692 692
skyzoo>drake.

I havent been impressed with Drake since So Far Gone.
 08-02-2011, 08:52 PM         #14
Slickems  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sourkush said:
1. you're right, Drake never does put on a fake accent, he looked totally authentic when calling Kardinal Offishall a "n***er"

2. he's corny, in this case, because he claims that every famous person he spends more than five minutes with is his "very close friend." Jay, Lebron, Stevie fu*king Wonder -- yes, they are ALL, I'm sure, his "very close friends." I'm sure he and Stevie having been talking everyday for years and years now, since they're "very close friends." Soon it's gonna be "when I went to Washington on a school field trip, I met Obama on a White House tour -- me and him are very close friends, he's one of my closest mentors"

just think of how idiotic that statement is
 08-02-2011, 08:57 PM         #15
Nathan  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
what drake means is he got better at spitten other peoples bars
 08-02-2011, 09:00 PM         #16
Karamu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

dude should stick to song writing, his rapping is decent at best
 6 years ago '11        #17
royman04 18 heat pts18
space
space
$12,300 | Props total: 4569 4569
Im pretty sure drizzy will step his game up on this album
 08-02-2011, 09:05 PM         #18
youngsosaPEG  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Peep the bars (Low swagless drake voice)
 08-02-2011, 09:09 PM         #19
Slickems  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pkilla111 said:
slickems post in more drake threads than i do
trollin aint easy
 6 years ago '08        #20
Effit 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,992 | Props total: 7 7
man.. i thought for sure drake was gonna go away
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
63 comments
24 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy