Aug 2 - The First Image Of The World’s New Tallest Building

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
34 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #1
5532 pageviews
57 comments

bc718 86 heat pts86
space
space
space
$304 | Props total: 9 9
Aug 2 - The First Image Of The World’s New Tallest Building

[pic - click to view]

This is the first image of what's going to become the tallest building in the world by the end of the decade: The 3,280-foot (one kilometer!) Kingdom Tower. It will dwarf the 2,717-foot (828-meter) Burj Khalifa. Take a look.

Until now, there was only one blurry generic sketch. This image is an actual rendering of the finished tower. According to Chicago's Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture, the building's designers, construction will begin imminently. The foundation plans are now complete and "the piling for the tower is currently being tendered" in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, near the Red Sea.

Mindblowing statistics

[pic - click to view]

The Kingdom Tower's numbers are impressive. The building itself will take a staggering $1.2 billion to build, "while the cost of the entire Kingdom City project is anticipated to be $20 billion," said AS+GG. The massive 3,280-foot spire will house a 5.7 million square feet (530,000 square meters) space and will beat the Burj by "at least 568 feet" (173 meter). It will have a Four Seasons hotel, a Four Seasons apartment area, office space, luxury condos and the world's highest observatory.

There will be 59 elevators, 54 single-deck and five double-deck, along with 12 escalator distributed through the Kingdom Tower. The elevators going up to the observatory deck will travel at 10 meters per second. That's 22.3 miles per hour. It will take you one minute and forty seconds to reach the top of the tower.

There's even an outdoor space at the top of the spire which will be used by the penthouse floor at level 157. You can see it sticking out in the rendering, 98 feet (30 meters) in diameter.

While it will still not reach Frank Lloyd Wright's never-built dream of the Mile High Illinois, its hard-edged, sightly asymmetrical design reminds me more of Wright's sketches than the rounded Burj Khalifa ever did.

57 comments for "Aug 2 - The First Image Of The World’s New Tallest Building"

08-02-2011, 02:31 PM         #2
Liquid Oxygen 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Interesting but ridiculous. All these guys in Saudi and U.A.E just keep trying to outdo each other cause they have billions to blow.

I was in Jeddah a few years ago and there really is no reason to build this.
 6 years ago '09        #3
All Star Flow 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,395 | Props total: 852 852
don't want to be at the top of that building or anywhere in the building for that matter when a huge earthquake comes and knocks it all down
 6 years ago '07        #4
kounterfit21 
space
space
$474 | Props total: 0 0
 All Star Flow said:
don't want to be at the top of that building or anywhere in the building for that matter when a huge earthquake comes and knocks it all down
earthquakes don't hit everywhere in the world. It has to do with plate tectonics
 08-02-2011, 04:46 PM         #5
onepiecex3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kounterfit21 said:
earthquakes don't hit everywhere in the world. It has to do with plate tectonics
*tectonic plates
 08-02-2011, 04:49 PM         #6
onepiecex3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is an inaccurate list, if this legitimately gets made, it will go as listed, size wise:

Kingdom Tower - Saudi Arabia
Burj Khalifa - UAE
Tokyo Sky Tree - Japan
Abraj Al Bait Towers - Saudi Arabia
Canton Tower - China
CN Tower - Canada

Those would be top 6 in the world...
 6 years ago '08        #7
barack obama 16 heat pts16
space
space
$2,730 | Props total: 100 100
^lol double fail
 6 years ago '04        #8
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 onepiecex3 said:
This is an inaccurate list, if this legitimately gets made, it will go as listed, size wise:

Kingdom Tower - Saudi Arabia
Burj Khalifa - UAE
Tokyo Sky Tree - Japan
Abraj Al Bait Towers - Saudi Arabia
Canton Tower - China
CN Tower - Canada

Those would be top 6 in the world...
They don't categorize those towers as "buildings," bruh. As far as architecture goes, you're right, but not in this case I think.

Either way, this is the tallest architecture.
 6 years ago '05        #9
aKtIvItY! 
space
space
$1,031 | Props total: 0 0
i wonder what the worlds widest building is
 6 years ago '07        #10
kounterfit21 
space
space
$474 | Props total: 0 0
 onepiecex3 said:
*tectonic plates
Plate tectonics (from the Late Latin tectonicus, from the Greek: τεκτονικός "pertaining to building")[1] is a scientific theory which describes the large scale motions of Earth's lithosphere. The theory builds on the older concepts of continental drift, developed during the first decades of the 20th century (one of the most famous advocates was Alfred Wegener), and was accepted by the majority of the geoscientific community when the concepts of seafloor spreading were developed in the late 1950s and early 1960s.
 6 years ago '10        #11
Alerts 221 heat pts221
space
space
$15,308 | Props total: 5249 5249
I thought the former Sears tower was taller than the Empire State Building; give me back my props
 6 years ago '10        #12
Alerts 221 heat pts221
space
space

[pic - click to view]

08-02-2011, 05:25 PM         #13
redacted 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I wanna go see it when completed, but I don't wanna take an elevator ride to he top.
 6 years ago '07        #14
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,067 | Props total: 30370 30370
 Liquid Oxygen said:
Interesting but ridiculous. All these guys in Saudi and U.A.E just keep trying to outdo each other cause they have billions to blow.

I was in Jeddah a few years ago and there really is no reason to build this.

when you are worried that your oil economy is coming to an end, you gotta use the money you have to create a new economy... a tourist economy.
 6 years ago '05        #15
CTR 376 heat pts376
space
space
$2,976 | Props total: 5 5
 aKtIvItY! said:
i wonder what the worlds widest building is
Pentagon perhaps?
 6 years ago '10        #16
Alerts 221 heat pts221
space
space
 stogz said:
when you are worried that your oil economy is coming to an end, you gotta use the money you have to create a new economy... a tourist economy.
And this does not serve the average man, It just transfers Billions to one group of wealthy individuals to another.
 6 years ago '09        #17
Lil Jay 30 heat pts30
space
space
$7,999 | Props total: 424 424
 MPLSallstar said:
Cool story brah, but guess who's still pounding the living sh*t outta any other countries v*gina.

pounding a v*gina only looks cool until you realise you have a larger d!ck in your butthole which says 'debt'. But from your angle, that pounding still looks cool i guess
 6 years ago '10        #18
Alerts 221 heat pts221
space
space
 MPLSallstar said:
Cool story brah, but guess who's still pounding the living sh*t outta any other countries v*gina.

And that's becoming our only weapon, foreign corporations are buying pieces or America left and right, more of our budget is being consumed by the military, while education, and projects to upgrade our infrastructure gets little to none.
 6 years ago '04        #19
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 CTR said:
Pentagon perhaps?
Nope, a hotel in Germany I think. Like 2 miles wide or somethin'.
 08-02-2011, 06:31 PM         #20
OOps 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
arabbbbbbbbbb Money. Amazing stuff, i hope i can visit and stay a nite or two
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
85 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
1 day ago