J.cole and Drake are scared of Kendrick Lamar

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
166 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
47 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-02-2011, 01:02 PM         #41
Millerionaire87 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*gga please
 6 years ago '04        #42
GreatWhites 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,200 | Props total: 66 66
^give me something to prove otherwise, cuz i really do wanna like this dude, i just can't cuz he doesn't hold my attention.....show me some tracks that sound fresh, instead of boring, monotone & like straight lay-a-baby-in-the-crib-for-sleep type sh*t.
 6 years ago '10        #43
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,553 | Props total: 5903 5903
 GreatWhites said:
^exactly, i'm not even hatin on him, cuz lyrically he's nice as fu*k, he can flat out rhyme & even has good wordplay/multi's.

the thing is, he doesn't have much to rap about besides the generic conscience rapper sh*t.

he can't get me hyped for anything else.

he's 1 dimensional, kinda like Immortal Technique, but with a nerdy-ass voice.
His voice is what bothered me the most. I have nothing bad to say about his talent, but his voice k!lls me. I felt the same way about Kweli when I first started listening to him. Maybe I have to get used to him.
 6 years ago '11        #44
spittapilottalk 44 heat pts44
space
space
$7,054 | Props total: 2 2
^ fam..not everyone is going to like the same artists. Nobody can play something to get you to enjoy it, you've heard his music..you don't like it. move on..
 6 years ago '04        #45
GreatWhites 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,200 | Props total: 66 66
i've heard what's on his album, and a few tracks wit KRIT, Cole & some other ppl....not sure if he ONLY raps consciencely, or if he has another style.....if theres other styles, i'd like to hear it....cuz he is a good rapper, just one dimensional & tired-ass-voice to me....like the other dude said, maybe i can get over the voice like i do for some (Canibus, Smoke DZA, Devin The Dude) but really only if he's got a little more then ONLY conscience music.
 6 years ago '08        #46
Deion 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,165 | Props total: 4 4
 notic99 said:
but what does this have to do with jcole and drake....
Exactly! Threads like this incite the hate threads ya'll claim to hate

GreatWhites said:
lyrically Kendrick is nice.....but i downloaded Section 80 & deleted that sh*t wit the quickness cuz it was boring & most of the tracks werent great.

he couldn't hold my attention.

everyone says J.Cole is boring.....so what's that make this dude??.....instead of makin u fall asleep, he makes u fall into a fu*kin coma.
Very true
 6 years ago '06        #47
SuppaSlick 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,749 | Props total: 1187 1187
 GreatWhites said:
i've heard what's on his album, and a few tracks wit KRIT, Cole & some other ppl....not sure if he ONLY raps consciencely, or if he has another style.....if theres other styles, i'd like to hear it....cuz he is a good rapper, just one dimensional & tired-ass-voice to me....like the other dude said, maybe i can get over the voice like i do for some (Canibus, Smoke DZA, Devin The Dude) but really only if he's got a little more then ONLY conscience music.
What does it even mean to be one dimensional

Do you want him to start spitting G-unit gangsta sh*t or something?
Dude has plenty of diverse songs but if you dont like his voice then its all good, your missing out though
 6 years ago '11        #48
spittapilottalk 44 heat pts44
space
space
$7,054 | Props total: 2 2
i'm not even gonna argue him being one dimensional, dude raps about an array of different topics with different flows. lmao.
 6 years ago '11        #49
eucalyptus 30 heat pts30
space
space
$15,820 | Props total: 8366 8366
section 80 is so overrated

n*ggas talking like its a classic but it a nothing but 3 songs on it that i like, i recycled that with the quickness

there are so many rappers better than kendrick
 6 years ago '11        #50
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
Section 80: The most overrated album of the past 5 years...easily...
 6 years ago '10        #51
BIGthingsSON2 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,800 | Props total: 2115 2115
You went about this thread all wrong. If the title was "Introducing Kendrick Lamar " you'd have been giving him much more props. Now you just have him being compared to Drake and J-Cole. This leads to him being looked at in a negative light by all the fans of those two. Honestly, you're just a fan that no rapper wants.
 08-02-2011, 02:30 PM         #52
madeulook 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you serious right now? cole has more "classics" than kendrick... 2face, welcome, back to the topic, can i live, dead presidents II, i get up, i got it, i really mean it, the good son, lost ones, premeditated murder, relaxation, throw it up....plus all his material from when he was 15, 16 yrs old is nice as fu*k hes been rapping for years goin off on every song...
 08-02-2011, 02:34 PM         #53
madeulook 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Last edited by madeulook; 08-02-2011 at 02:47 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #54
Affectz 132 heat pts132 OP
space
space
$8,224 | Props total: 4549 4549
 BIGthingsSON2 said:
You went about this thread all wrong. If the title was "Introducing Kendrick Lamar " you'd have been giving him much more props. Now you just have him being compared to Drake and J-Cole. This leads to him being looked at in a negative light by all the fans of those two. Honestly, you're just a fan that no rapper wants.
Dudes is scared
 6 years ago '07        #56
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,451 | Props total: 16221 16221
 J Rob said:
Co-sign all of this.

Look, I agree that Cole, Kendrick and KRIT all have the potential to lead us into a new "golden era" (not a 90s level era, but better than the 00s....don't catch feelings old heads ), but let's let these dudes grow as artists....let's see where they are 5 years from now before we start crowning them.
old heads?? Im wit krit and kendrick...Im 30.. I agree they have that potential to bring things back to the essence..I really haven't had much access to listen to cole so can't really speak on him...but it definitely takes talent to be a good rapper and a good producer so I know he has that potential too
 6 years ago '07        #57
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,451 | Props total: 16221 16221
 tonystarks21 said:
drake is j.cole and kendrick father
drake is canadian...how a canadian father some one from compton
 6 years ago '11        #58
Loso Luciano24 227 heat pts227
space
space
$14,486 | Props total: 8380 8380
SEC.80 one of the most over-hyped projects that came out and became a huge dud...I had hope for kendrick after "Hiii Power" and thats where it stopped.
 6 years ago '05        #59
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$17,694 | Props total: 8 8
Kendrick Lamar is probably my favorite rapper at the moment after Loso.

Section 80 is my sh*t, and I went back and listened to The Kendrick Lamar EP and liked it. Overly Dedicated is a classic too. As long as he stays in his lane and doesn't sell out he's gonna be one of the all time greats from the West Coast.

And you bi*ches need to stop sleeping on Schoolboy Q!

I fu*k with J. Cole heavily though from Simba to now and can't wait for Cole World. K. Dot & J. Cole are my two favorite up and comers with Meek Mill as a sleeper.

Last edited by 2 Pistolz; 08-02-2011 at 05:10 PM..
 08-02-2011, 05:08 PM         #60
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If anything OD is more classic(e) than section 80....
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
101 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
185 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
45 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy