Aug 1 - Inside the bin Laden raid: Navy SEALs 'never' intended on capturing terror leader

most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
95 comments
@games
most viewed right now
 NCAAF Georgia LB Natrez Patrick was arrested for this amount of weed
13 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 NBA KD is easily the best player in the NBA
19 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
37 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #1
6404 pageviews
126 comments

jlandryst 1545 heat pts1545
space
space
$3,705 | Props total: 10 10
Aug 1 - Inside the bin Laden raid: Navy SEALs 'never' intended on capturing terror leader

[pic - click to view]

Turns out Osama bin Laden was wanted more dead than alive.

The Navy SEALs who raided bin Laden's Pakistani compound never intended to capture the terror leader responsible for orchestrating the 9/11 attacks, according to a new report.

The first SEAL to find bin Laden feared that two of his wives who were trying to shield the al Qaeda leader would be wearing suicide jackets. After shooting one of them in the leg, the SEAL jumped on the women -- in case they set off explosives -- in an attempt to save two other SEALs.

Although it turns out that neither woman was wearing suicide vests, that's when a second SEAL, out of the 23 who took part in the mission, shot the unarmed bin Laden twice.

“There was never any question of detaining or capturing him -- it wasn’t a split-second decision,” a special operations officer told the current issue of The New Yorker magazine. “No one wanted detainees.”

The White House has said that bin Laden would not have been shot had he immediately surrendered.

The first shot -- a 5.56mm bullet, struck bin Laden in the chest, according to the magazine. As he fell backward, the SEAL fired a second bullet, a round that hit bin Laden in the head right above his left eye.

On his radio, the SEAL shouted, "Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo," mentioning the name of the operation.

After a short pause, the SEAL said, Geronimo, EKIA" -- initials for enemy k!lled in action, the magazine reported.

Back in DC, Obama paused and said, "We got him."

The new details on the top-secret bin Laden raid, his k!lling and subsequent burial at sea emerged today in an 11-page recreation published in the magazine, which hit newsstands today.

Members of Team Six had quietly entered Pakistan on 10 to 12 occasions -- including parts of South Waziristan -- before the raid in Abbottabad on May 2, the magazine reported.

Most of those missions were focused on the country’s remote tribal areas, although the a.ssault plan in Abbottabad marked the farthest special operations troops had ever ventured into Pakistan.

Once national security officials in Washington, DC, determined that bin Laden was in the compound, they reviewed several possible scenarios to capture or k!ll him. They considered having special operations troops land outside Abbottabad and sneak into the compound on foot. They had also weighed tunneling under the compound. In the end, they decided on a chopper raid that included busting into the compound.

The SEALs, once on the ground, blew through several gates to get inside bin Laden’s hideout. The entire time, President Obama and his closest advisors were watching on a video feed in Washington.

The sound of the explosions, or of the crashing helicopter, drew a few “curious Pakistanis” to the home, the magazine reported.

A Pakistani-American translator who was part of the SEAL team told them: “Go back to your houses. There is a security operation underway,” according to the magazine.

Inside the home, the upstairs rooms where bin Laden slept were protected by a metal gate that blocked the base of the staircase leading to the second floor, making the downstairs rooms "feel like a cage,' the magazine reported.

Once he was k!lled, bin Laden's body was flown back to the Afghan city of Jalalabad, where a CIA officer and Adm. William McRaven, who had overseen the operation, could see the body, which was placed in a zippered body bag.

Once bin Laden's body was in US custody, officials went through the process of positively identifying that it was indeed the terror leader.

Photographs were taken of bin Laden's face and then of his outstretched body -- pictures that to this day have never been released to the public.

Bin Laden was believed to be about 6-foot-4, but "no one had a tape measure to confirm the body's length.

"So one SEAL, who was six feet tall, lay beside the corpse -- it measured roughly four inches longer than the American," an official told the magazine.

The SEALs then planned disposal of bin Laden's body on the basis of a similar burial they carried out for Saleh Ali Saleh Nabhan, a top al Qaeda terrorist based in East Africa, in 2009.

Bin Laden's shrouded body was placed "on an open-air elevator, and rode down with it to the lower level, which functions as a hangar for airplanes.

"From a height of between twenty and twenty-five feet above the waves, they heaved the corpse into the water," the magazine said.

Days later, when Obama met members of the SEAL team at Fort Campbell, Ky., McRaven and team members walked him through the operation, using a red laser pointer on a three-dimensional model of the compound.

At the end of the presentation, the SEALs presented Obama with an American flag that had been on board one of their helicopters.

Read more:
[pic - click to view]

Inside the bin Laden raid: Navy SEALs 'never' intended on capturing terror leader - NYPOST.com

126 comments for "Aug 1 - Inside the bin Laden raid: Navy SEALs 'never' intended on capturing terror leader"

6 years ago '10        #2
Shhon 850 heat pts850
space
space
$19,286 | Props total: 23796 23796
 ThatBytch said:
too much info being released..........
 6 years ago '06        #3
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,983 | Props total: 4011 4011
Good. What our perpetual a.ss justice system would have done to him in years, our SEALS did in a few seconds. Sometimes that's just the way to go.
 6 years ago '09        #4
faceoffizhere 
space
space
$4,659 | Props total: 842 842
at people still believing this
 6 years ago '05        #5
goldgrill910 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,837 | Props total: 105 105
i can't believe people really think this all went down...
 6 years ago '07        #6
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,231 | Props total: 20003 20003
@ these conspiracy theorists. Idiots.
 6 years ago '07        #7
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,231 | Props total: 20003 20003
 Tsukuyomi said:
here we go again with this crap... these conspiracy theorists are in the know, or so they think. SOmehow they have access to top secret information that only government officials know about...

hmmm... please gais, I'd like to know how you can positively claim that this operation never occurred and that Osama was never actually k!lled during this operation. Prove it...
exactly, they laugh @ people believing this but they can't show not one single shred of proof to contrary.
 6 years ago '07        #8
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,073 | Props total: 30401 30401
In america, you k!ll the witnesses. The only reason you k!ll someone like Osama for doing something like 9/11.... is if he didn't do it at all and you don't want that story getting out.
 6 years ago '07        #9
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,437 | Props total: 16157 16157
 Tsukuyomi said:
here we go again with this crap... these conspiracy theorists are in the know, or so they think. SOmehow they have access to top secret information that only government officials know about...

hmmm... please gais, I'd like to know how you can positively claim that this operation never occurred and that Osama was never actually k!lled during this operation. Prove it...
how can you confirm it did?
 6 years ago '04        #10
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,872 | Props total: 1907 1907
 Tsukuyomi said:

My distrust comes from my lack of faith in our government. They pass legislation that is aimed against the American public, especially those in need. They put partisan politics over the greater good of America. Most members of both the House and Senate are in bed with some major corporation and actively and sometimes openly do their bidding. So whenever my goverment says something, I often take it with a grain of salt.

Be that as it may, I would also never claim to have inside knowledge or priveleged information. And because they pinned the 9/11 attacks on Bin Laden and al Queda, I would gladly welcome and praise his death. But I could totally see our government making this story up too.
 08-02-2011, 04:36 PM         #11
illmatix 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why do the conspiracy theorists act like pictures would have made a difference?

You know damn well you would have said the pics were fake.

It's always something. People still don't believe we landed on the moon...and there's plenty of pictures of that.
 6 years ago '07        #12
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
 minimafia_aj said:
@ these conspiracy theorists. Idiots.

Can't stand BX with the conspirators and they bullsh*t thinking they know it all
 08-02-2011, 04:39 PM         #13
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stogz said:
In america, you k!ll the witnesses. The only reason you k!ll someone like Osama for doing something like 9/11.... is if he didn't do it at all and you don't want that story getting out.
dude had 10 years to leak something now he's dead
 6 years ago '09        #14
Al Goody 48 heat pts48
space
space
$4,571 | Props total: 0 0
wait.....

Osama bin Laden is dead?????
 6 years ago '09        #15
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,421 | Props total: 12364 12364
Osama isnt dead. Its all a hoax
 6 years ago '11        #16
Patron253 54 heat pts54
space
space
$2,069 | Props total: 123 123
 illmatix said:
why do the conspiracy theorists act like pictures would have made a difference?

You know damn well you would have said the pics were fake.

It's always something. People still don't believe we landed on the moon...and there's plenty of pictures of that.
Dont u guys think of he didnt really die and he was still alive? he would make a video of himself in a cave saying hahaha you think you k!lled me you punk a.ss americans?"
 6 years ago '04        #17
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,872 | Props total: 1907 1907
 m-f said:

Can't stand BX with the conspirators and they bullsh*t thinking they know it all
I think there is a huge difference between conspiracy theorists and those that just have a total disregard for the government. Whether or not Bin Laden is dead or alive, the fact still remains that we are wasting billions in Iraq and Afghanistan and our government has still not established why we are still in those countries and why we are unable to end either war. I don’t care if Bin Laden is alive or dead. It doesn’t change the fact that we are in a recession and during this entire debt ceiling debate no one came out and said we are wasting billions and need to stop these unjustified and overpriced wars.

So I’m sorry that I have total disdain and lack of faith in my rulers and the things that come out of their mouths. I mean look at how they handle our energy policies. They act as if coal and oil are the only means to power our nation. And our government often scoffs at alternative energy. Or an even better example is the entire marijuana debate. Cigarettes and alcohol are legal and both have been proven to be lethal when abused or misused, yet our government deems marijuana to pose a greater threat to our society? That is some bullsh*t right there.

So I will concede and say Bin Laden is in fact dead and we can bury this issue. But I still hold firmly to the belief that our government is corrupt and does not act in our best interests and has lied to the masses before, and will continue to do so until we demand our justice.
 6 years ago '04        #18
j15 
space
space
$612 | Props total: 2 2
Stupid @ss ppl still think bin laden is alive!!!!! That's why our country is *ucked...filled with dumb @ssholes who just like arguing for the sake of it!
 6 years ago '04        #19
Lavares 19 heat pts19
space
space
$10,387 | Props total: 28 28
I will believe he ain't dead (Osama) when he make a video holding a newspaper with the date on it
wearing a Troop suit with a Fat Albert platnuim Fubu skully on
in a 2012 droptop camero....UNTIL THEN HE SLEEPS WITH THE FISHES....
 08-02-2011, 05:01 PM         #20
onepiecex3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Saying Bin Laden is dead is like saying Tupac and Biggie are dead... We all know those 3 n*ggaz is chillin' on a yacht together sippin' margueritas laughin' at how they all fooled the Americans.
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
81 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
21 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
41 comments
19 hours ago