Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
120 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
104 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
54 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #1
5560 pageviews
67 comments

Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
Kobe Bryant defends LeBron James

Kobe Bryant is definitely your newsmaker of the month. After reportedly telling those close to him that there is a "zero percent chance" that he plays for Besiktas in Turkey next year, then scoring a goal on a PK in a charity soccer game, the Black Mamba sat down with ESPN's SportCenter for an interview. He was asked about the ridiculous amount of attention that has been heaped on LeBron James, most of it negative. Here's what he had to say about most hated NBA player of his time, from IamaGM.com:

George Smith: There was a lot of venom towards the Heat and, in particular, towards LeBron James What did you make of that?

Kobe Bryant: I think people need to lay off that kid. That's what I think. I've gotten to know him pretty well playing with the Olympic team. I think people need to just back-off off him. Just let him play. Let him live his life. Let him make his decisions. Let him mature as a player. It's tough to be under the microscope like that all the time. So, I would like everybody to just kind of back-off off him and let him play.

via Kobe Bryant sticks-up for LeBron: "People need to just back-off off him" | IamaGM.com.

If anyone knows what it's like to have an absurd amount of criticism surround you because of your on-floor (and off-court) activities, it's Bryant. It's a nice departure from the public umbrage Bryant has taken with the claim of James usurping him without a single ring. James buries himself in his hole with his words and actions; he's a terrible manager of his public image despite having a team devoted to just that. But the level of vitriol surrounding James has become absolutely overwhelming and lost all perspective.

Lakers fans are particularly effusive about their dislike of James out of a misguided sense of loyalty to Bryant, just as Chicago fans have come to hate James in comparing him to Rose, and so forth. It's unlikely Kobe's comment will somehow come as the word of the sports messiah and calm their bile, but it's a nice sentiment.

On the other hand, James has largely built this for himself. This is his empire of dirt, and until he begins to rehabilitate his image on the big stage (despite his numerous charity appearances this summer which no one will note), he'll have to keep its throne.

[pic - click to view]

Kobe Bryant defends LeBron James - CBSSports.com

[pic - click to view]

67 comments for "Kobe Bryant defends LeBron James"

6 years ago '07        #2
Supercoolbert 122 heat pts122
space
space
$7,196 | Props total: 1285 1285
listen to yall daddy, kobe stans
 6 years ago '11        #3
XxHeAtMaKeRxX 30 heat pts30
space
space
$4,843 | Props total: 269 269
its true. the people that hate LeBron are the ones that pay the most attention to the guy.
 08-01-2011, 11:22 AM         #4
phantom589 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Further evidence that Kobe > MJ.
MJ has yet to come out and defend LeBron because he fears lebron will be considered the GOAT by the end of his career.. MJ is insecure about this. Kobe on the other hand already knows he is GOAT and that the throne is secure, he has no worries. So he defends lebron, because lebron is not a threat.

Kobe >MJ

[video - click to view]

08-01-2011, 11:23 AM         #5
redacted 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I expect to see NBA legends do a commercial 3 years from now, telling people to stop ragging on LeBron. Cleavland fans won't let it go, and everyone else just wants something to complain about.

It'll be like a special anti-bulling campaign.
 08-01-2011, 11:28 AM         #6
dmoss 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 phantom589 said:
Further evidence that Kobe > MJ.
MJ has yet to come out and defend LeBron because he fears lebron will be considered the GOAT by the end of his career.. MJ is insecure about this. Kobe on the other hand already knows he is GOAT and that the throne is secure, he has no worries. So he defends lebron, because lebron is not a threat.

Kobe >MJ

Dumbest thing i ever heard wont even go into debate its too easy
 6 years ago '07        #7
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,396 | Props total: 13067 13067
man, u listen to stans so much u forget these guys r actually friends
 6 years ago '08        #8
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269 OP
space
space
 joshdogg26 said:
doubt it
 08-01-2011, 11:35 AM         #9
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dee Grande said:
doubt it
lmao Kobe and Bron are really friends dude smh
 6 years ago '08        #10
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269 OP
space
space
 braided_uppimp said:
lmao Kobe and Bron are really friends dude smh
doubt it
 6 years ago '06        #11
991 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,688 | Props total: 741 741
bron creepin on 30. Not a kid no more. Dude was more mature when he first entered the league. Aka then the true colors came out
 6 years ago '07        #12
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 Dee Grande said:
doubt it
I agree...friends is a stretch.
 6 years ago '10        #13
MistaKlean 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,682 | Props total: 201 201
kobe having to defend lebron. and lebron not having to defend kobe. proves who the best is.
 6 years ago '07        #14
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 MistaKlean said:
kobe having to defend lebron. and lebron not having to defend kobe. proves who the best is.
what is funny tho...last summer all of them Miami dudes was talking about Kobe performance in game 7 and how it was only possible to win when you got stars. Kobe never called out Lebron for taking a whole finals off.
 6 years ago '04        #15
JacmanPones 24 heat pts24
space
space
$3,155 | Props total: 613 613
 dmoss said:
Dumbest thing i ever heard wont even go into debate its too easy
 6 years ago '06        #16
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
I'm willing to bet that there are more Kobe fans that like LeBron than hate him....even more now that he's going through a similar level of scrutiny that Kobe went through.

Further, whoever hates LeBron period is a waste of space. He's an unbelievable talent who's made a few mistakes in the public eye. He's been a good citizen, kept his nose clean for his entire career, made a lot of people a lot of money, and provided great entertainment to the sports. Anybody who hates that needs their a.ss whipped with a fist full of reality.

Cockaroaches!
 6 years ago '07        #17
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,396 | Props total: 13067 13067
 Dee Grande said:
doubt it
i'm not saying they're rob and big, just that they know each other and r on friendly terms. they compete but i seriously doubt they despise each other with the level of animosity a BX stan would.

Last edited by joshdogg26; 08-01-2011 at 04:10 PM..
 08-01-2011, 12:55 PM         #18
Walt Thizzney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 joshdogg26 said:
Friends???? LOL Kobe has no friends by choice

BLACK MAMBA!
 6 years ago '07        #19
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 XxHeAtMaKeRxX said:
its true. the people that hate LeBron are the ones that pay the most attention to the guy.
If you're not a Cavs fan its pathetic honestly. Even most of them are over it.
 6 years ago '10        #20
OJ Pimpson 126 heat pts126
space
space
space
$13,589 | Props total: 9900 9900
Kobe getting soft at his old age. MJ woulda never defended that n*gga.

WHITE MAMBA.

If i was Kobe i woulda threw that n*gga under the bus & ETHER'D him.
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
79 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
85 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
278 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy