Jul 28 - Amy Winehouse Died From Alcohol Withdrawal, Says Family

most viewed right now
79 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

7 years ago '06        #1
5967 page views
55 comments

SM 39960 heat pts39960
space
space
space
$137,520 | Props total: 104872 104872
Jul 28 - Amy Winehouse Died From Alcohol Withdrawal, Says Family

Amy Winehouse has had a long struggle with drugs and alcohol, but her family says it was her sudden withdrawal from alcohol that may have k!lled her.

With her autopsy inconclusive and her toxicology results weeks away, Amy Winehouseís family is giving some insight as to what they think was the cause of her death.

Winehouseís doctor advised her to gradually step down from the heavy drinking, but the Grammy-Award winning singer ignored her doctor and reportedly stopped completely, possibly causing her to have a seizure from the dramatic withdrawal.

"Abstinence gave her body such a fright, they thought it was eventually the cause of her death," a source close to the family tells Britainís Daily Sun.

There were reports that Winehouse, 27, went on a 72-hour bender before her death and "drank the bar dry," drinking "gallons" of gin, but her father, Mitch Winehouse, spoke out against those claims during his eulogy at her funeral.

"He wanted everyone to know that he, her boyfriend and her manager believed it was actually the complete opposite," a family friend says. "He said doctors had told Amy to gradually reduce her intake of alcohol and to avoid binging at all costs. Amy told him she couldn't do that. It was all or nothing and she gave up completely. Mitch said the shock of giving up, after everything she had been through over a bad few years, was just too much for her to take."

[pic - click to view]

Amy Winehouse Died From Alcohol Withdrawal, Says Family - Starpulse.com
+2   

55 comments for "Jul 28 - Amy Winehouse Died From Alcohol Withdrawal, Says Family"

7 years ago '10        #2
SickaMorStyle 402 heat pts402
space
space
$3,994 | Props total: 1 1
how sad..

07-28-2011, 10:26 AM         #3
billieskeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My uncle is like that, if he doesn't have alcohol for a while that n*gga gets some serious seizures. Won't go to rehab and thats the only way they can do it safely.

7 years ago '10        #4
Pop-N-Fresh 19 heat pts19
space
space
$5,941 | Props total: 3041 3041
I dont get why they are glamorizing a drug addict/alcoholic that had 1 good album..

7 years ago '09        #5
ill 800 64 heat pts64
space
space
$9,089 | Props total: 270 270
its possible. alcohol withdraw can be fatal. ill wait for the autopsy though

07-28-2011, 10:38 AM         #6
donmeca2020 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ars3n said
I dont get why they are glamorizing a drug addict/alcoholic that had 1 good album..
and majority of rap artists arent ??? get the fu*k outta here....

As for amy with this we we all just have to see what the toxicology report will say.

7 years ago '10        #7
space
space
 donmeca2020 said
and majority of rap artists arent ??? get the fu*k outta here....

As for amy with this we we all just have to see what the toxicology report will say.
No.. they arent.. or at least they dont flaunt it like lil Amy did.. aside from ODB.. or you want to give me a few examples of these rappers you're accusing of being crack, dopeheads?

I will be surprised as to what drugs will be missing from the toxicology report..

7 years ago '06        #8
Yung Dilla 1545 heat pts1545
space
space
$61,227 | Props total: 54449 54449
She was on cam like two days before drunk as a skunk and she gave it up all together then?? Ill wait for the official cause

7 years ago '04        #9
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
space
$20,064 | Props total: 5711 5711
 Ars3n said
No.. they arent.. or at least they dont flaunt it like lil Amy did.. aside from ODB.. or you want to give me a few examples of these rappers you're accusing of being crack, dopeheads?

I will be surprised as to what drugs will be missing from the toxicology report..
any rapper sippen lean or poppin/snortin percs is a dopehead

7 years ago '04        #10
killadre 238 heat pts238
space
space
$21,317 | Props total: 18695 18695

Best duck tales story I read since

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by killadre; 07-28-2011 at 01:11 PM..

7 years ago '11        #11
Vegeta21 
space
space
$389 | Props total: 19 19
My dad died from alcohol withdrawal so I know its possible.

7 years ago '04        #12
killadre 238 heat pts238
space
space
$21,317 | Props total: 18695 18695
 Vegeta21 said
My dad died from alcohol withdrawal so I know its possible.
not getting too personal because i do realize that it may be tough for you to talk about, but i have a question.. how long was he sober for?

07-28-2011, 01:40 PM         #13
Spid3yo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That's the most "we don't want to believe the truth" answer they could have given.

7 years ago '07        #14
kyhoopsgoat 426 heat pts426
space
space
$19,200 | Props total: 5804 5804
 Ars3n said
F*ck you, :hang: yourself...

07-28-2011, 01:45 PM         #15
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
no sympathy for addicts here.

it's a well known fact that the withdrawal can be deadly, especially to addicts. darwin wins again.

kyhoopsgoat said
hopefully you receive the next darwin award.

drug addicts like this don't deserve life, she contributed nothing life other then to be a horrible influence on young people and stay cracked out, sorry if us non sh*t heads are too busy feeling sorry for all the INNOCENT people who were murderED over some c*nt who k!lled herself from stupidity

Last edited by IronMaiden; 07-28-2011 at 01:48 PM..

7 years ago '05        #16
landlord151515 143 heat pts143
space
space
$2,868 | Props total: 3424 3424

07-28-2011, 01:57 PM         #17
redacted 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Either way, alcohol withdrawal, or overdosing, it's just down right depressing that another very talented soul died so early.

Upon their own vices at that.

7 years ago '11        #18
Vegeta21 
space
space
$389 | Props total: 19 19
 Dat n*gga87 said
not getting too personal because i do realize that it may be tough for you to talk about, but i have a question.. how long was he sober for?

He went to rehab for 3 months...but he kept having the seizures from it and thats what did him in

7 years ago '10        #19
space
space
 kyhoopsgoat said
E thugs are so kewl!

7 years ago '10        #20
MistaKlean 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,710 | Props total: 238 238
umm wasn't there reports she bought 3 drugs including cocaine and ecstacy at 10:30pm from a drug dealer the night before? my vote goes to OD. i think this is the family saying this just so people feel "bad" for her, as if she was trying to turn her life around. so they make $$ and buy up her music. until the real news comes out and everyone views her as a druggie again. I mean, they have a couple weeks so why not run with it.

7 years ago '10        #21
#JewLife 112 heat pts112
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 9846 9846
 Ars3n said

not 1 good, 1 CLASSIC. groundbreaking. AHEAD of it's time type album. combining Jazz & Hip Hop with that crazy talented voice of hers the way she did was amazing. plus her lyrics always have depth to them... she also had plenty of good songs that weren't on Back to Black. for instance, fu*k Me Pumps.

[video - click to view]

07-28-2011, 06:19 PM         #22
cheguevara 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Thee Yung Star said
not 1 good, 1 CLASSIC. groundbreaking. AHEAD of it's time type album. combining Jazz & Hip Hop with that crazy talented voice of hers the way she did was amazing. plus her lyrics always have depth to them... she also had plenty of good songs that weren't on Back to Black. for instance, fu*k Me Pumps.

she was so beautiful in that video

and yea you cant call "back to black" a GOOD album..its a MASTERPIECE. To gain fame off a jazz/blues album in a time where music was dominated by pink, brit spears, avril lavinge, and beyonce...amazing. It'll be a while before that happens again.

when amy sung about love, drinking, being heartbroken and lonely...you knew she felt it which made u feel it as u listened. the way that album just builds a story as each song goes by, its literally her auto biography.

great pic

Last edited by cheguevara; 07-28-2011 at 06:21 PM..

7 years ago '10        #23
wiseboyznoize 
space
space
space
$54 | Props total: 5 5
A lot of the music made in this country was recorded by drug addicts and alcoholics .... including Amy Winehouse ... who more than likely lied to her parents about getting better and I bet he believes it from his heart but ...he may be wrong .....wants to be right ..but I doubt it he is

7 years ago '10        #24
wiseboyznoize 
space
space
space
$54 | Props total: 5 5
Tears dry is my favorite

7 years ago '05        #25
Martel 25 heat pts25
space
space
$15,345 | Props total: 3763 3763
n*ggas will clown on Amy but then big up Pimp C and DJ Screw . RIP to all of them but come on, how you gonna attack Amy for being an addict then listen to "I'm On One" or talk about how Wayne and Em were better when they were on drugs. n*ggas are pathetic on this thread. Regardless of how she died, I will miss her.

Home      

most viewed right now
+25online now  59
Female guards getting their cheeks busted in prison
111 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  33
Video inside Mo-G says Drake Lies About His Somalian Street Ties & Knows No "Malis" ..
55 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+168online now  32
Image(s) inside This cosplayer is Raw wood pipe approved
76 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  29
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Artie Lange avoids jail but tests positive for cocaine at N.J..
156 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  26
3 kids or 50 bodies which one will be your queen?
73 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  17
NBA Wait ? WHAAAᴀᴀₐₐₐ ?.....Doug ? Wha ?.....
354 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+148online now  16
Video inside If this video was in 2018 this man would be dead
93 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  13
Dec 15 - "saddam hussein" was allegedly found in a spider hole bunker 15 years..
170 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy