J. Cole Racing Against Time For Jay-Z Verse On Album

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
137 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside January Rose
11 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #81
mross16 30 heat pts30
space
space
$3,466 | Props total: 1705 1705
 esvi said:
actually its lady gaga
No, its Rihanna

He said that he couldn't afford to pay for a feature from her, so he just sampled her on the chorus

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '09        #82
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,205 | Props total: 19301 19301
 J Rob said:
The people who keep talking about where he SHOULD'VE signed have absolutely no idea about the story behind it. He signed to Jay before he even had a buzz. He was literally nothing more than a local rapper from Fayetteville at the time. This was about about 3 or 4 months before he dropped The Warm Up. I remember seeing a "Show & Prove" article about him in XXL....that's how I found out about him.....this was like April or May of '09

The reason people checked for that mixtape was because he was signed to Jay. Roc Nation is the reason he is where he is today.

Y'all act like there was some huge bidding war going on
Real sh*t when i checked him out i didn't even know he was signed i thought he got signed after warm up when jay heard lights please but thanks for the info
 6 years ago '08        #83
Imagin3 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,107 | Props total: 2630 2630
 lifesabeach said:
This is why I don't understand Jay-Z stans...besides the fact that he hasn't been hot since the first Blueprint and that he looks like a camel, he treats everyone around him like sh*t. Bleek, Dame, Cole, etc. If Kanye wasn't providing him with the hottest beats and making him money, he would've stepped over him to succeed as well. He subscribes to the notion that it's not enough for him to succeed, but that others must fail as well. He's afraid of Cole because in a couple years, he's already better than he ever was (minus the lines Jay stole from BIG, that is).
i was rockin with you till that last line...
fu*k outta here
RD and BP>>>>>>>>>> anything jcole ever even thought of
 6 years ago '09        #84
Vos 2 heat pts
space
space
$903 | Props total: 0 0
 lifesabeach said:
This is why I don't understand Jay-Z stans...besides the fact that he hasn't been hot since the first Blueprint and that he looks like a camel, he treats everyone around him like sh*t. Bleek, Dame, Cole, etc. If Kanye wasn't providing him with the hottest beats and making him money, he would've stepped over him to succeed as well. He subscribes to the notion that it's not enough for him to succeed, but that others must fail as well. He's afraid of Cole because in a couple years, he's already better than he ever was (minus the lines Jay stole from BIG, that is).
Hasn't been hot since the first Blueprint? GTFO...Black Album and American Gangster >>>> Blueprint 1
 6 years ago '07        #85
mross16 30 heat pts30
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
souljaboytellem.com = 117K in its first week

[pic - click to view]

I still don't think people were really anticipating a Soulja Boy album like that.
 6 years ago '10        #86
Danation 4 heat pts
space
space
$821 | Props total: 13 13
 thegoldenhero said:
Real sh*t when i checked him out i didn't even know he was signed i thought he got signed after warm up when jay heard lights please but thanks for the info
It was when Jay heard lights please... But Cole had lights please completed way before the Warm Up came out.. he just ended up putting it on the mixtape.
 6 years ago '09        #87
Dmac32487 
space
space
space
$159 | Props total: 6 6
Damn, can we at least see how the album is going to turn out? it's crazy at the fact that people are saying he shouldnt have even signed to roc nation, and we havent even seen the outcome. And if the first CD doesn't sell like its predicted, doesnt mean he won't have a blow-up song. Reasonable Doubt didnt sell sh*t at first either right? (If I'm wrong,correct me)
 6 years ago '04        #88
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,362 | Props total: 6374 6374
 RaIVIpAG3x said:
i hope cole has a song with kendrick lamar . But i know the album is gonna be dope, he said its gonna sound like his mixtapes and all his mixtapes were fire. Just imagine how big he would be if his album woulda dropped with alot of promotion and " in the morning " being the single.
females only listen to that song because of drake. im just being honest

i hope he does well though
 6 years ago '04        #89
gimmethat 1 heat pts
space
space
$11,467 | Props total: 2702 2702
the guy looks and sounds like hes tired to deal with jay and roc nation
 6 years ago '06        #90
santana2009 
space
space
$1,088 | Props total: 255 255
Starting to feel sorry for the guy, Why on earth would you sign to Jay if you were a rapper with talent? He fu*ks everyone around.
 07-27-2011, 04:47 PM         #91
dustzero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
700.000 twitter followers dont mean 700.000 sold copies, especially for an artist like him
95% of these twitter followers are internet fans and will download rather than buy
 07-27-2011, 04:53 PM         #92
twt88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Time WINS . Time changes, but people can't change time

Last edited by twt88; 07-27-2011 at 04:58 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #93
mross16 30 heat pts30
space
space
 dustzero said:
700.000 twitter followers dont mean 700.000 sold copies, especially for an artist like him
95% of these twitter followers are internet fans and will download rather than buy
I didnt say they all would buy the album, but someone said he's only going to sell 10,000 first week. If only a tenth of his followers bought his album it would be more than 10,000 copies. I'm down in NC, so you know we're going to hold him down when the album drops.

Last edited by mross16; 07-27-2011 at 06:51 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #94
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,401 | Props total: 2348 2348
 kiTHCen said:
No one is giving half a million to someone who doesnt know the difference between there and their.
oh im sorry i didnt kno i was back in school last time ichecked this was a message board not english 101? please professor X teach me more and when your done put the gat to your dome and k!ll ya self you fu*kin sissy!

Last edited by shadydre85; 07-28-2011 at 11:50 AM..
 6 years ago '08        #95
Illuminati 191 heat pts191
space
space
$38,731 | Props total: 8956 8956
so did j.cole officially lose?
 07-28-2011, 01:38 AM         #96
kiTHCen 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 shadydre85 said:
oh im sorry i didnt kno i was back in school last time ichecked this was a message board not english 101? pleases professor X teach me more and when your done put the gat to your dome and k!ll ya self you fu*kin sisy!
Pleases?
your..you're
sisy? it's sissy.
 07-28-2011, 01:50 AM         #97
dustzero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mross16 said:
I didnt say they all would buy the album, but someone said he's only going to sell 10,000 first week. If only a tenth of his followers bought his album it would be more than 10,000 copies. I'm down in NC, so you know we're going to hold him down when the album drops.
i said that hed only sell 10.000
mightve been an exaggeration but you see what happen to fat joe albums..and a lot of ny people would hold him down
i doubt a 10th would buy his album, but at least you show your support
im just saying he isnt anywhere close to mainstream and thats the people that buy albums off hearing 1 hot single..
 6 years ago '08        #98
BRonin357 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,873 | Props total: 1153 1153
is j. cole really that nice, or am I missing something! cole is weak in my opinion! He lyrically doesn't standout anywhere, meaning his punchlines are okay and his flow is mediocre! Beats is trash, and hov is at the point of distancing himself from a a bad choice he made. Cole, better go to slaughterhouse and try to sell wood, cuz his 1st album is going cardboard! You all can now saw Cole lost!
 6 years ago '10        #99
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,401 | Props total: 2348 2348
 kiTHCen said:
Pleases?
your..you're
sisy? it's sissy.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside R.I.P. Polar Bears
106 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
26 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - serial killer todd kohlhepp - there are more victims :iseeyou2:
20 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
99 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy