Jul 24 - Read Russell Brandís moving tribute to Amy Winehouse in full

most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
85 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Orlando brown finally exposes what detective Vlad been doing for years.
103 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Something u may have missed from tonights game
76 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron doing water bottle tricks on the Knicks
86 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-24-2011, 08:42 PM         #21
bornleader 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 s7venwords said:
My dad died when he was 50 from a life time of booze and drugs, he was in and out of jail up until the last year of his life and I saw first hand that no matter what I said or threated he couldn't stop.He died alone in a vacant house in Taylor Michigan.
damn bruh..fu*ked up story..
 07-24-2011, 08:45 PM         #22
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 iThink said:
:(

and this...this is why it's not hard at all to believe that something this strong, that consumed this man's life that not even the love and concern of his own child could bring him from the dark, is medical. we need a reboot on how we deal with addiction so stories like this never happen again.

thank you for sharing.
I wasn't til I saw the repeated deziking posts and the blatant ignorance in them. Believe me I wouldn't wish what my dad or the ones besides myself who dealt with this on anyone( even dezking ), and glad my mother is so strong to stray away from drugs and booze ( weed isn't a drug to me, btw ). To those with postive comments thanks, to those who are still gonna go spew ignorance you'll get no response from me.
 07-24-2011, 08:55 PM         #23
TheCityOnMyMind 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wait a minute....when did amy winehouse die??
 5 years ago '09        #24
jerryballa 
space
space
$1,588 | Props total: 0 0

Russell Brand goes up a notch
 07-24-2011, 09:10 PM         #25
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cee4our said:
yea addiction is totally a disease...the other day i took a sh*t in a public bathroom and caught a case of addiction. now i gotta go get some antibiotics to clear it up.
and i suppose mental illnesses don't exist because you can't catch them from a toilet seat, either?

spare yourself the expense of looking ignorant, please!
 5 years ago '05        #26
Cee4our 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,823 | Props total: 39 39
 iThink said:
and i suppose mental illnesses don't exist because you can't catch them from a toilet seat, either?

spare yourself the expense of looking ignorant, please!
well played :applause: but addiction to recreational drugs is at best a "disease" that cant be contracted without making a conscious decision to do things to ur body that in no way are beneficial. i have no sympathy for anyone who didnt have the foresight to not do cocaine, heroin, or any other awful drug thats never done good for anyone.
 5 years ago '10        #27
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,391 | Props total: 459 459
interesting read

it's true that the media always exploits and puts negative light on a person's mental illness and makes the general public go from sympathetic to annoyed with the person. it happened with amy winehouse, it happened with michael jackson. dmx is another example of this and I hope he can turn his life around.
 5 years ago '10        #28
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,391 | Props total: 459 459
 s7venwords said:
My dad died when he was 50 from a life time of booze and drugs, he was in and out of jail up until the last year of his life and I saw first hand that no matter what I said or threated he couldn't stop.He died alone in a vacant house in Taylor Michigan.
my condolences to you and your family
 5 years ago '05        #29
BoxdenSleuth 26 heat pts26
space
space
space
$1,234 | Props total: 9 9
 p00rky said:
Didn't expect something like this from him. Great stuff.

RIP
Really? If you listen to his standup, or even talk show appearances he's a fu*king genius. The guy is one the most well spoken, poetic, enlightened thinkers I've ever had the pleasure of hearing speak.
 5 years ago '04        #30
RIAA 21 heat pts21
space
space
$2,197 | Props total: 595 595
I gotta give up to him ... dude kept it 100.

R.I.P. Amy Winehouse
 5 years ago '04        #31
CoconutCoke 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$838 | Props total: 26 26
 deziking said:
addiction is not a fu*king disease.

[pic - click to view]

07-24-2011, 10:23 PM         #32
cheguevara 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn, this was touching. Russell seems like quite the intelligent man, I'm impressed and moved by this.

R I P Amy.
 5 years ago '04        #33
CoconutCoke 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$838 | Props total: 26 26
 NO RELIGION said:
try again,yo
Fixed
 5 years ago '05        #34
clarence1986 
space
space
$4,551 | Props total: 3 3
 NO RELIGION said:

Cancer is disease

Sucking a glass d!ck for a crack high isn't a disease,it's a choice one has made.
Applause! Yes I'm sorry for the hell people choose to create for themselves and everything that comes along with it but to label addiction as a disease is misworded, more like 'self brought ailment'
 07-24-2011, 10:27 PM         #35
cheguevara 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Andrefrbk said:
Im having a hard time feeling bad for amy, she was amazing... But i think this is what she wanted for herself.

And if she wanted to die from drugs i respect that. It was her life, her choices!

But i dont feel bad.

They tried to make her go to rehab but she said no no no.... Rite?
OMG LMAOMGROFL U r so funny and original bro!

and considering that you are/were suicidal at a time and was inspired to keep your life when the homeless dude with the voice, Ted Williams made it, one would think you would be alil more sympathetic.
 5 years ago '05        #36
Martel 16 heat pts16
space
space
$14,296 | Props total: 1583 1583
that was a really good read. too bad i had to read some of these dumb a.ss comments afterwards. R.I.P Amy.
 5 years ago '04        #37
gshag33 15 heat pts15
space
space
$12,111 | Props total: 1051 1051
 jslim said:
who woulda thought. russell brand's doofy a.ss.
read his biographies. i'm a huge fan of his purely due to his writing. i don't care for his acting or even him all that much, but his serious interviews and books are great.
 5 years ago '05        #38
Sluggernaut 17 heat pts17
space
space
$21,629 | Props total: 1812 1812
This is why Amy's death affected me so much. I just recently found out someone real close to me was battling their own addiction. I'm sitting at work in the break room crying in front of my co workers like a moron when I found out the truth.

And everyone that knew was "too busy with their own problems to even care or help out."
 07-24-2011, 11:18 PM         #39
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 OldeEnglish22oz said:
This is why Amy's death affected me so much. I just recently found out someone real close to me was battling their own addiction. I'm sitting at work in the break room crying in front of my co workers like a moron when I found out the truth.

And everyone that knew was "too busy with their own problems to even care or help out."
Thanks for sharing and yeah those are the first ones' who are like " where were the family members or friends"
 5 years ago '06        #40
Storchaveli 88 heat pts88
space
space
$27,218 | Props total: 1001 1001
My man Russell. RIP Amy.

NO RELIGION said:

Cancer is disease

Sucking a glass d!ck for a crack high isn't a disease,it's a choice one has made.
You sir, are an imbecile.

cheguevara said:
damn, this was touching. Russell seems like quite the intelligent man, I'm impressed and moved by this.

R I P Amy.
You have no idea. Russell is extremely intelligent and well-spoken/articulate. Read his autobiographies. The man is a wordsmith. Most BXers would probably have a hard time with understanding them though... Especially the idiots saying addiction is not a disease.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Adult Entertainer That Sold Out Her Race
83 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Just got the 2016 Escalade
275 comments
1 day ago
@rides
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Christina Milian Shows Damn Near EVERYTHING in a see through fit!!"
127 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
71 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 7 - Tomi craps on Rosenberg
111 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX who the fu-k is this!!!!?
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
75 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 6 - 'Fight For $15' Minimum Wage, McDonald's Unveils Job-Replacing Self-Se..
125 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy