Phil Jackson: Kobe Wants to Pass Michael Jordan in Scoring

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
117 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
57 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #61
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,945 | Props total: 10597 10597
 JOHNSNAKE06 said:
It's funny that people consider Kobe a "chucker" when for his career he shoots 19 shots a game. If you look at any of the players in the top 5 scoring, or 90% of the all-time great scorers, they shoot 17+ shots a game.
Because they were all efficient scorers...the top 5 u named all shot 50% or higher for their careers.....kobe ain't never shot over 48% in any one season
 6 years ago '11        #62
Unomcfly 
space
space
$423 | Props total: 7 7
 JOHNSNAKE06 said:
It's funny that people consider Kobe a "chucker" when for his career he shoots 19 shots a game. If you look at any of the players in the top 5 scoring, or 90% of the all-time great scorers, they shoot 17+ shots a game.
i think Kobe being as good as he is somehow offends ppl or something..at least thas how they act i dont get it personally...as for the post...yeah he'll prob finish 3rd with an outside shot at 2nd if he keeps it up another 3-4 years..thats no suprise Im personally more concerned with him getting that 6th ring...
 6 years ago '04        #63
newroadsfinest 
space
space
$2,816 | Props total: 456 456
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Considering I like both players lets be honest here. Jordan never had another dominant scorer to play with so he was allowed to go for 35 a night. Not a knock on either guy just a fact.

Also, is it Kobe's fault he chose to go to the NBA from high school because he was better equipped to handle the NBA at that age than MJ? Once again not a knock on either guy just facts.Add up the three season head start and you have your 200 game discrepancy. It's not rocket science.

But, how about we stop comparing the two since it's clear the eras they played in allowed them different opportunities and realize that they are both the best of their eras, true greats of the game and stop comparing them.
But what youre saying is since Kobe got the early jump he should have been passed Jordan// since he was better equipped huh? dude not the best player in his era.. hes the best ball hog...
 6 years ago '06        #64
JOHNSNAKE06 
space
space
space
$1,359 | Props total: 553 553
 philly337 said:
Because they were all efficient scorers...the top 5 u named all shot 50% or higher for their careers.....kobe ain't never shot over 48% in any one season
Thats because 4 of the top 5 are big men, Jordan is the only guard ahead of him.

Last edited by JOHNSNAKE06; 07-24-2011 at 07:47 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #65
GUNITZCAPO 
space
space
$4,004 | Props total: 9 9
Jordan averaged 31 points at the age of 35. I'm a Lakers fan and I love Kobe but he will never Bo on Jordan level. As well as anyone else in the NBA.
that made me smile
 6 years ago '10        #66
GUNITZCAPO 
space
space
$4,004 | Props total: 9 9
Its like I wanna give Kobe credit and put him on Jordans level somewhat...but from reading the responses on Kobe I still feel Kobe just isnt on Jordans level man...maybe attitude wise and k!ller instinct but thats it...Kobe imitates Jordan alot! Jordan got it done simple and plain and nobody never talk about it but what if Jordan wouldnt have left the game for those many years? That would have been more rings that he would have won..meaning more points as well as mvps etc etc...Kobe is good but MJ was great, in his prime plus he didnt lose in the playoffs at all.
 6 years ago '06        #67
JOHNSNAKE06 
space
space
space
In order to be a top 10 scorer you have to put up a lot of shots, and have longevity. The bottom line is he shoots about the average number of shots that the top scorers do, and he has played a long career scoring at a 25ppg clip. You can't just take his fg% as the only factor in his effeciency. He scores at about the same rate per game as the scorers ahead of him minus Jordan and Wilt. That means that he is as effecient due to his ability to get to the freethrow line and convert, or his ability to make more 3pt shots.

Last edited by JOHNSNAKE06; 07-24-2011 at 08:05 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #68
DERRTY CHYBO 12 heat pts12
space
space
$11,715 | Props total: 787 787
MJ > Kobe. don't know why people even debate this. it's obvious.
 6 years ago '04        #69
illmatic45ACP 9 heat pts
space
space
$825 | Props total: 35 35
 WCIB said:
i'm sure it'll mean a lot to know it took 17 years to do what mj did in like 11-12 years...

[pic - click to view]

sh*t that makes ur soul burn slow.
 6 years ago '06        #70
JOHNSNAKE06 
space
space
space
 DERRTY CHYBO said:
MJ > Kobe. don't know why people even debate this. it's obvious.
Skill, ability, determination, work ethic its close enough to debate. Accomplishments its Jordan by a mile.

Last edited by JOHNSNAKE06; 07-24-2011 at 08:27 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #71
Tyrone Biggumz 1 heat pts
space
space
$392 | Props total: 116 116
 JOHNSNAKE06 said:
Skill, ability, determination, work ethic its close enough to debate. Accomplishments its Jordan by a mile.
even accomplishmenats can be argued....plenty of years Kobe should have or could have been been MVP or Finals MVP...and Kobe came to a playoff quality Lakers team and played off the bench behind an all-start (Eddie Jones for you young cats)...imagine 17-18 year old Kobe on a bum a.ss team like the 84-85 Bulls...n*gga wouldve went wild
 6 years ago '06        #72
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 Tyrone Biggumz said:
even accomplishmenats can be argued....plenty of years Kobe should have or could have been been MVP or Finals MVP...and Kobe came to a playoff quality Lakers team and played off the bench behind an all-start (Eddie Jones for you young cats)...imagine 17-18 year old Kobe on a bum a.ss team like the 84-85 Bulls...n*gga wouldve went wild
Really

as of the end of the season before last

aight let's end this s**t once and for all cause yall make me sick with ur lack of knowledge about the game the s**t ain't even debateable.First off kobe just finished his 14th season..everything jordan did was 13 with the bulls and in 2 he only played 17 and 18 games and not eligible for any awards so really played 11..now let's break the s**t down....

jordan 6 rings / kobe 5 rings (6-0 vs 5-2) jordan 6 finals mvps / kobe 2 finals mvps jordan 5 mvps / kobe 1 mvp (jordan could have won every year..kobe's belongs to chris paul) jordan 10 scoring titles / kobe 2 scoring titles jordan 1 dpoy / kobe 0 dpoy jordan league lead in steals 3 times / kobe never has jordan rookie of the year / kobe nope 10 all nba first teams / kobe 8 time all nba first teams 9 all defensive first teams / kobe 8 time all defensive first team (and don't even get me started on this)

pause here..this is pretty much all awards possible that have any meaning and he does not have 1....not 1 f**kin thing more then jordan and is only tied in one (defensive teams) which he doesn't deserve half lol..now let's move on to the statline....

jordan with the bulls...31.5 ppg,6.3 rpg,5.4 apg,2.5 spg,0.9 bpg,.51% fg%,33% 3pt%

kobe with the lakers....25.3 ppg,5.3 rpg,4.7 apg,1.5 spg,0.6 bpg,46% fg%,34% 3pt%

once again kids wtf yall smoking?Crushes him in everything except 3pt% which he's 1% behind.Let's move to the playoffs....

jordan playoff numbers..33.4 ppg,6.4 rpg,5.7 apg,2.1 spg,0.9 bpg,49% fg%,33% 3pt%

kobe playoff numbers....25.5 ppg,5.2 rpg,4.8 apg,1.4 spg,0.7 bpg,45% fg%,34% 3pt%

yet again way better in everything except 3pt which is 1% difference.Also kobe has played 19 more playoff games and jordan has 900+ points,100+ rebounds,about 70 more a.ssists,about 100 more steals,and about 20 more blocks .Let's roll on to the finals

jordan 6-0 6 finals mvps...33.6 ppg,6.0 rpg,6.0 apg,1.8 spg,0.7 bpg,48% fg%,37% 3pt%

kobe 5-2 2 finals mvps......24.9 ppg,5.8 rpg,5.2 apg,1.6 spg,0.9 bpg,41% fg%,32% 3pt%

and another one

Let's break down their game...

scoring - jordan mid range game - close..prob even long range - kobe driving - jordan rebounding - jordan passing - jordan on ball defender - jordan help defender - jordan steals - jordan blocking - jordan clutch - jordan (have almost same amount of game winners and kobe has way more misses..clutch isn't just buzzer beaters it's puttin the team on ur back in the 4th in clutch situations...not gettin blownout by 37 points in the finals and losing a big lead at home in the finals)

how about their 60 point games?

Jordanís 60pt+ games came against the 1st, 2nd, 5th, 10th & 12th ranked defenses. Against teams that averaged 52 wins, 30 losses

Kobe's 60pt+ games came against the 11th, 23rd, 26th, 29th & 30th ranked defenses. And those 5 teams had an average record of 35-47

how about records..go to nba.com and see how many kobe got on there .It's wilt,then jordan,then the rest scattered around when it comes to record held in the nba.Jordan holds about 50+ nba records...what kobe got like 3-4?

tired of typin..
 6 years ago '07        #73
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
 dreas_24 said:

[pic - click to view]

Dwight is like "n*gga are you serious?"
 07-24-2011, 09:11 PM         #74
Willye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kobe is the best scorer this game has ever seen period if you dont understand that than you are and idiot... Just look what he did after shaq left bean was setting records left and right put up 80+ could of put up another 80 or more but sat the bench in the 4th against dallas that same year there is nobody that is a pure scorer like kobe including mike and y well its quite simple

Post up game even
Ft shooter kobe is better
Midrange game even
3pt shot kobe...
 07-24-2011, 09:19 PM         #75
Willye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Once again this post is about scoring purely nothing else.... I coudnt imagine the points kobe would of put up on that team i mean 40ppg easy with that bulls team and probably might of had a 100 in a game... It would of been crazy to watch bean would of been well ahead of anyone in scoring on those teams....
 6 years ago '04        #76
LordBlanco|M 50 heat pts50
space
space
$35,021 | Props total: 19599 19599
so thats why he was chucking them up all season...... trynig to catch up...
 6 years ago '06        #77
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 Willye said:
Once again this post is about scoring purely nothing else.... I coudnt imagine the points kobe would of put up on that team i mean 40ppg easy with that bulls team and probably might of had a 100 in a game... It would of been crazy to watch bean would of been well ahead of anyone in scoring on those teams....
Not a day over 20....guarenteed
 07-24-2011, 09:28 PM         #78
Willye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

We will never see this again it is a shame people hate him so much but once he leaves this game will be like damn he was great

Vs the top team in the west out scored another team by himself after 3 qtrs sat the 4th with 62 just sick kobe 62 mavs 61 simply amazing
 07-24-2011, 09:30 PM         #79
Willye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 philly337 said:
Not a day over 20....guarenteed
Lol 40 ppg easy no zones pure man to man it wouldnt be fair kobe possibly put up a 100
 6 years ago '06        #80
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 Willye said:
Lol 40 ppg easy no zones pure man to man it wouldnt be fair kobe possibly put up a 100

So u are under 20

And please...nobody hardly even plays fu*king zone...mavs are one of the only teams who play the sh*t on a consistent basis everybody else runs man 99% of the time. And kobe still ain't fu*king close tov what mike was doing with no handchecking and centers not being allowed to camp in the lane (def 3 sec)
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
65 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago