Dana White: ‘Floyd Mayweather is what’s wrong with boxing’

most viewed right now
 103
Pusha Takes DIRECT SHOT AT Wheelchair Jimmy DRAKE "It was Never Written Like Q..
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 61
RIP Pusha T just ended his own career tonight by taking a shot at Drake
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 47
Image(s) inside well damn Young Ma looking more swole than 95% of you niggas
75 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 44
NBA We can all write the ending to this story, he's gone
63 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #121
jdogg562 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$508 | Props total: 280 280
 vegasman said:
How in the fu*k is Floyd preventing anything???? Manny is the one that won't take a simple blood test.

You Floyd haters/Manny warriors are fu*kin pathetic. You all are defending a man that won't take a drug test, but it's okay for him to f!ght a piece of sh*t cheater that should have been banned from boxing for life.

You Pacquiao fun boys are some simps.
What planet do you live on.....? Every f!ghter takes a drug test before and after every professional f!ght or there not allowed to step in the ring.The athletic commisions govern it.Now what business does floyd have all of a sudden asking for additional testing,for a guy who has never tested positive for anything ever.I could understand additional testing for know offenders... ie shane mosley,fernando vargas.....The fact that floyd had never worried about additional testing until the manny f!ght was on the table,seems a little suspect.....
 7 years ago '04        #122
dog4life 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,689 | Props total: 382 382
james toney did it
 7 years ago '04        #123
LordBlanco|M 52 heat pts52
space
avatar space
space
$36,064 | Props total: 23132 23132
damn Joe, after he said Jermaine Taylor in the same breath as Hoya and Hop his opinion became invalid..... Nah Joe, you ain't really a boxing fan if you say Taylor is one of the most internationally famous f!ghters.

It's personal preference.... I like boxing more but this sh*t is APPLES AND ORANGES
 7 years ago '06        #124
HYPHY_50 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$917 | Props total: 229 229
 stogz said:
Dana White is what's wrong with sports front offices.
Really?? Why is that? Dude built up the sport to be what it is now. He chose the right f!ghters and didnt let them play games like boxers. Mayweather will never f!ght pacman because he dont want to have a loss on his record, plain and simple. Dude is scared to lose. Real winners fail at one point or another in their careers.
 7 years ago '10        #125
beast mode 26 heat pts26
space
avatar space
space
$14,472 | Props total: 2485 2485
I think Manny Pacquiao is boxing. Everything about him is positive
even dana knows why manny wont take the test. oh and NOBODY in the ufc would take a boxing match with floyd or any other relevant boxer for that matter. in a boxing match a welterweight would PUNISH ANY ufc heavy weight or anybody in any weight class
 7 years ago '04        #126
jdogg562 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$508 | Props total: 280 280
 HYPHY_50 said:
Really?? Why is that? Dude built up the sport to be what it is now. He chose the right f!ghters and didnt let them play games like boxers. Mayweather will never f!ght pacman because he dont want to have a loss on his record, plain and simple. Dude is scared to lose. Real winners fail at one point or another in their careers.







:agreement6:
 7 years ago '05        #127
Sizzler01 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$5,352 | Props total: 1747 1747
 Rico23 said:
mayweather stans and mma-haters vs Manny stans and hmmm fanatics...this thread should stream live on PPV
 07-23-2011, 12:17 AM         #128
Bossdonwave  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It aint really peanuts. Alot of boxers who aren't big and only got like 6-10 f!ghts are usually making under 10k. When some f!ghters in the UFC with the same amount are getting 20-30k, plus they get bonuses sumtimes. Very few make similar money to mayweather
 07-23-2011, 12:18 AM         #129
Bossdonwave  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 beast mode said:
even dana knows why manny wont take the test. oh and NOBODY in the ufc would take a boxing match with floyd or any other relevant boxer for that matter. in a boxing match a welterweight would PUNISH ANY ufc heavy weight or anybody in any weight class
Ain't a good point. Cause it goes both ways
 07-23-2011, 01:00 AM         #130
Key 1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dana is a hater!!!!!!
 7 years ago '05        #131
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 150 150
 Hold That said:
Pretty much ended this thread with this post..

Like I said in my previous post, Dana White is raping the sh*t out of his f!ghters, and nobody says nothing and nobody cares.. nobody gives a fu*k about Dana White nor do the fans pay to see him f!ght, some how his f!ghters don't even sniff 50% of the PPV buys..


And Oscar De La Hoya made 1mil for his first f!ght directly out of the Olympics.. Floyd Made 50k for his first f!ght.. With any boxer the more you win, your pay scale increases with each match.. There's people in the UFC who are 15-20 f!ghts in and not even sniffing 150k per f!ght which is insane considering how much revenue the sport brings in..

Like I said, majority of these UFC f!ghters will have nothing to show for their life long dedication.. Being paid only 150k maximum and most only f!ght twice a year???? Thats not enough to set you up for the rest of your life, especially in a sport that has a short shelf life.
The problem is the promoters agreed to give out too much money in the first place. That's why I am saying that Dana is doing the right thing by not letting these f!ghters demand so much money. It's the promoters fault that they gave Mayweather that much money to f!ght. He got 50k coming out of the Olympics. If you bump him up (at the end of his career) to 1 million per f!ght then who is he to cry about that if there isn't a precedent set before that says Boxers deserve more? You see what I am saying now? Nobody would have given Mayweather 40 million for a f!ght had some promoter done it.

Now, arguing what someone is worth is going to be different for everyone. I just think that Dana is doing the right thing by not allowing the f!ghters in his organization to ask for so much money. They know he'll say no, and anyone is replaceable. Mayweather is a HUGE draw, but after he's gone, there will be another f!ghter that will draw PPVs for boxing. It's similar to Chuck Liddell being a huge draw for the UFC, then Anderson Silva came out of nowhere.

Again, we'll argue this forever, but you seem think that Mayweather is worth 40 million for one night. I completely disagree. If whatever promoter who gave Mayweather anything over 5 million for one f!ght hadn't done that, then Mayweather wouldn't have had the balls to ask for 40 million for a f!ght. It's the PROMOTERS fault for giving that much money out when they could have kept it for themselves (as Dana is doing).
 7 years ago '07        #132
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,453 | Props total: 671 671
 I'm The Dan said:
The problem is the promoters agreed to give out too much money in the first place. That's why I am saying that Dana is doing the right thing by not letting these f!ghters demand so much money. It's the promoters fault that they gave Mayweather that much money to f!ght. He got 50k coming out of the Olympics. If you bump him up (at the end of his career) to 1 million per f!ght then who is he to cry about that if there isn't a precedent set before that says Boxers deserve more? You see what I am saying now? Nobody would have given Mayweather 40 million for a f!ght had some promoter done it.

Now, arguing what someone is worth is going to be different for everyone. I just think that Dana is doing the right thing by not allowing the f!ghters in his organization to ask for so much money. They know he'll say no, and anyone is replaceable. Mayweather is a HUGE draw, but after he's gone, there will be another f!ghter that will draw PPVs for boxing. It's similar to Chuck Liddell being a huge draw for the UFC, then Anderson Silva came out of nowhere.

Again, we'll argue this forever, but you seem think that Mayweather is worth 40 million for one night. I completely disagree. If whatever promoter who gave Mayweather anything over 5 million for one f!ght hadn't done that, then Mayweather wouldn't have had the balls to ask for 40 million for a f!ght. It's the PROMOTERS fault for giving that much money out when they could have kept it for themselves (as Dana is doing).
you sound fu*king retarded. You act like those UFC f!ghters dont want to get paid. Sound like such a bi*ch "Oh dana is doing a good job", "he is protecting them by not giving them so much money" bi*ch please he keeping all the loot. dont play dumb
 7 years ago '08        #133
Gmengfx 77 heat pts77
space
avatar space
space
$12,779 | Props total: 1613 1613
 DurtySoufReppin said:
boxing > MMA
60s,70s,80s,90s early 00,s boxing >>> mma

thats the whole point..not recently
 7 years ago '05        #134
ChickzNKickz 100 heat pts100
space
avatar space
space
$11,621 | Props total: 15662 15662
 I'm The Dan said:
The problem is the promoters agreed to give out too much money in the first place. That's why I am saying that Dana is doing the right thing by not letting these f!ghters demand so much money. It's the promoters fault that they gave Mayweather that much money to f!ght. He got 50k coming out of the Olympics. If you bump him up (at the end of his career) to 1 million per f!ght then who is he to cry about that if there isn't a precedent set before that says Boxers deserve more? You see what I am saying now? Nobody would have given Mayweather 40 million for a f!ght had some promoter done it.

Now, arguing what someone is worth is going to be different for everyone. I just think that Dana is doing the right thing by not allowing the f!ghters in his organization to ask for so much money. They know he'll say no, and anyone is replaceable. Mayweather is a HUGE draw, but after he's gone, there will be another f!ghter that will draw PPVs for boxing. It's similar to Chuck Liddell being a huge draw for the UFC, then Anderson Silva came out of nowhere.


Again, we'll argue this forever, but you seem think that Mayweather is worth 40 million for one night. I completely disagree. If whatever promoter who gave Mayweather anything over 5 million for one f!ght hadn't done that, then Mayweather wouldn't have had the balls to ask for 40 million for a f!ght. It's the PROMOTERS fault for giving that much money out when they could have kept it for themselves (as Dana is doing).


I don't think u understand the market...

It's all about supply and demand...
 7 years ago '04        #135
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$16,991 | Props total: 7587 7587
 midaztouch said:
dana only thinks floyd is bad for boxing because he pays his f!ghters 30k to f!ght in a main event. yea the odd f!ghter gets 200k but that money is nothing to what a guy like Floyd gets






dana i can not agree with you here


at you throwing it in the interview that mayweather should try a ufc bout. dana is a Jewish penny pincher, he wouldn't spend that money.


i respect MMA guys 100 percent. how come they when they talk a boxer vs a mma f!ghter. its always with mma rules? i mean really does dana think people are using triangle chokes and arm bars in the street/bar f!ghts, only f*ggots kick..
Your dad must have taught you that concept after he got his a.ss kicked (literally)

And yeah people do use arm bars in street f!ghts...your dumb a.ss just a.ssumes that you have to be on the ground to apply one...

I would love to see this f!ght happen before it turns into fu*king Roy Jones B.Hop 2

Dana needs to give them bigger names more bread to yo...But im a always feel that way, and I agree with Money may on that much...


Last edited by Cutty Olds; 07-23-2011 at 10:07 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #136
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 150 150
 carltouss619 said:
you sound fu*king retarded. You act like those UFC f!ghters dont want to get paid. Sound like such a bi*ch "Oh dana is doing a good job", "he is protecting them by not giving them so much money" bi*ch please he keeping all the loot. dont play dumb
Ok, obviously you're partly retarded and do not have your reading comprehension up. I never said that the f!ghters do NOT want to be paid. I said that Dana ISN'T going to over pay them. When did I ever say he is protecting them by not paying them? You sound like a dipsh*t.

I don't think u understand the market...

It's all about supply and demand...
I completely understand the market. The thing you do not understand is this isn't a free market. The players do not get to adjust the prices for demand. Dana White gets to adjust that as he is the owner ("promoter") for what HE built up.

Again, I think the disconnect is some of you believe that a f!ghter deserves forty million for one f!ght and I do not. We will NEVER change each others minds on this subject. The problem is you're thinking of it from a relatively poor man's perspective. Think about it from the owners perspective. The object of owning a business is to make as much money as possible. If I have a 100 million dollar pool. If I can keep 90 million of that and pay out 10 million to my f!ghters for the night, then I am going to do that. You would too, if you were in the owners position.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 20
Image(s) inside Fresh Prince Of Bel Air Mansion 2018
75 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 17
ashley graham killing it i'm sold yo!
82 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 17
Video inside Graphics are Blurring the Lines, ya ready for this?.
33 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 7
Video inside F*ucking Black Guy
146 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 7
Video inside May 22 - Kaepernick Lawsuit Reveals Evidence Teams Think He's a Starter
61 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 6
NBA SI 'POST COMBINE' 2018 NBA Mock Draft
62 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 5
Video inside Rockstar game's troubles summed up perfectly
79 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
 4
NFL Aaron Hernandez' widow reveals she is pregnant, 13 months after his death
182 comments
1 day ago
@sports
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy