Dana White: ‘Floyd Mayweather is what’s wrong with boxing’

most viewed right now
 238
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
182 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 172
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 105
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 75
NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
64 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #101
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$41,038 | Props total: 30331 30331
 kyh0mpb said:
You just aren't getting it.

The NFL has routinely paid top-pick rookies just as much and more than some of the greatest players in the league. Matthew Stafford made more money than Tom Brady did before every playing a down in the NFL. What if he came in and sucked?

But by your logic, he isn't overpaid, because both sides agreed to it, right?

Someone sets a precedent, and from that point on it becomes a part of life. For a huge f!ght, a boxer got paid a ridiculous, exorbitant, asinine amount of money just because the promoters knew it would make that much money, and the f!ghter knew he could get that much out of them. And a precedent was set.

I agree to an extent that UFC f!ghters are underpaid. But that doesn't mean that boxers aren't overpaid, because they are.

No, YOU don't get it.

There is no "they" in boxing. There is no NFL that set a bunch of rules for people to follow. Each boxing match is subject to different contracts. Boxers take way more of a personal stake in their success than some guy that joins some league.

Boxing and UFC are presented in a similar fashion to the public. Similar PPV structure and UFC says they have more ppv buys. Due to the fact that both sports have a similar full contact, combat style.... there should not be such a wide pay difference from top stars on one side to top stars on the other.
 6 years ago '04        #102
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$19,650 | Props total: 5334 5334
 kyh0mpb said:
You just aren't getting it.

The NFL has routinely paid top-pick rookies just as much and more than some of the greatest players in the league. Matthew Stafford made more money than Tom Brady did before every playing a down in the NFL. What if he came in and sucked?

But by your logic, he isn't overpaid, because both sides agreed to it, right?

Someone sets a precedent, and from that point on it becomes a part of life. For a huge f!ght, a boxer got paid a ridiculous, exorbitant, asinine amount of money just because the promoters knew it would make that much money, and the f!ghter knew he could get that much out of them. And a precedent was set.

I agree to an extent that UFC f!ghters are underpaid. But that doesn't mean that boxers aren't overpaid, because they are.


Really he isnt overpaid .. Cause thats what the CBA allows .. the precedent is set like you stated so no he isnt overpaid .... Boxers arent overpaid .. They get a nice chunk of what they deserve ... The f!ght draws lets say $100 million , they get 20 for being in the main event , how is that getting overpaid ? They're getting what they deserve , just like the rookies .. The scale is set and they just going by that .
 07-22-2011, 08:38 PM         #103
Spid3yo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stogz said:
Dana White is what's wrong with sports front offices.
Says the man with all the boxing pictures.....got it
 6 years ago '05        #104
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
avatar space
space
$15,420 | Props total: 4757 4757
 PEK said:
It cuts both ways tho. Dana has sh*tted on boxing plenty of times. Matter of fact he wouldnt let his best f!ghter (Anderson Silva) f!ght a washed up Roy Jones in a boxing match.
Dana has sh*tted on how boxing operates...not how talented boxers are or what not...Dana likes boxing, as a sport, but not the politics...

Floyd sh*ts on the sport as far as skill, calls MMArtists 'bums', etc...

why would he let Silva f!ght Roy Jones?...Silva is under contract with another organization in another sport...and that has nothing to do with his love/hate for boxing...
 07-22-2011, 08:41 PM         #105
Spid3yo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stogz said:
No, YOU don't get it.

There is no "they" in boxing. There is no NFL that set a bunch of rules for people to follow. Each boxing match is subject to different contracts. Boxers take way more of a personal stake in their success than some guy that joins some league.

Boxing and UFC are presented in a similar fashion to the public. Similar PPV structure and UFC says they have more ppv buys. Due to the fact that both sports have a similar full contact, combat style.... there should not be such a wide pay difference from top stars on one side to top stars on the other.

There are other things to consider.....the lower tier or "Filler" f!ghters in boxing PPV's get paid nothing, while every UFC f!ghter has the potential for bonuses up to $150,000. So while it is easier to make big huge money in boxing, there are only 5 guys capable of doing it.
 6 years ago '04        #106
doro85 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,165 | Props total: 434 434
Every thing is POSITIVE about manny.... See he said it

Floyd wins
 6 years ago '06        #107
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
avatar space
space
$27,979 | Props total: 4001 4001
 stogz said:
That's the thing with the unintelligent... they create their own info, based on what they feel, and then a.ssume that info is fact.
You're a KNOWN floyd c*ck-sucker. I wouldn't expect you to like what I posted, bi*ch. Floyd was shook so he made his own little set of unnecessary demands knowing Manny wouldn't kneel down and kiss his hand and the f!ght crumbled. Manny agreed to get tested AFTER the f!ght but it wasn't good enough for Floyd. Face it, Floyd is scared. If he wanted to f!ght, he wouldn't have brought up those bullsh*t testing demands, he would've said "Alright let's go." So basically Floyd did walk away from it. Stay upset.
 6 years ago '06        #108
kyh0mpb 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$3,011 | Props total: 4 4
 Aesop730 said:
Really he isnt overpaid .. Cause thats what the CBA allows .. the precedent is set like you stated so no he isnt overpaid .... Boxers arent overpaid .. They get a nice chunk of what they deserve ... The f!ght draws lets say $100 million , they get 20 for being in the main event , how is that getting overpaid ? They're getting what they deserve , just like the rookies .. The scale is set and they just going by that .
So because the CBA allows it, that automatically means he isn't overpaid?
 6 years ago '11        #109
Darealness420 
space
avatar space
space
$659 | Props total: 309 309
 PEK said:
I like both sports u dumb piece of sh*t. Now post something intelligent.
Lol heh all of sudden you like both sports now? Lmao shut yo transparent a.ss up
 6 years ago '05        #110
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
 stogz said:
Average it out? What kind of stupid logic is that?

There are way more boxers on this earth than mma f!ghters. Their are boxers in the poorest slums of the world. Obviously you are not going to include them in a conversation about pay. Fact is, you want to talk ufc, that holds ppv cards and has a tv deal to boxers who also hold ppv cards and have deals with tv... you'll see that dana white robs his f!ghters.
Actually, it was a comparison of recent PPVs (I believe the boxing comparison was one of Manny's f!ghts and they compared it to a UFC PPV that happened around the same time).

Anyway, it doesn't matter because you don't seem to understand the concept of being over paid for a service. Just because you negotiate to get the money, that doesn't mean that you're not being over paid. My point was whomever the promoter is for whichever PPV is at fault, as they agreed to pay that much. It's nothing against the Boxers; in fact, I only used that as a comparison to you saying Dana White under paid his f!ghters. I believe it's the exact opposite that boxers are over paid for their services.

As for Dana White robbing his f!ghters, as I said before, I believe you believe that because you feel it's alright boxers to make 100 million for a f!ght. I don't. In that article I referenced earlier, I remember Frank Mir making over $300,000 for his f!ght with Brock Lesnar (I think it was the first one)... I believe $300,000 is more than enough for a f!ght. You do not and that probably won't change.
 6 years ago '04        #111
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
avatar space
space
$22,256 | Props total: 2706 2706
 I'm The Dan said:
Actually, it was a comparison of recent PPVs (I believe the boxing comparison was one of Manny's f!ghts and they compared it to a UFC PPV that happened around the same time).

Anyway, it doesn't matter because you don't seem to understand the concept of being over paid for a service. Just because you negotiate to get the money, that doesn't mean that you're not being over paid. My point was whomever the promoter is for whichever PPV is at fault, as they agreed to pay that much. It's nothing against the Boxers; in fact, I only used that as a comparison to you saying Dana White under paid his f!ghters. I believe it's the exact opposite that boxers are over paid for their services.

As for Dana White robbing his f!ghters, as I said before, I believe you believe that because you feel it's alright boxers to make 100 million for a f!ght. I don't. In that article I referenced earlier, I remember Frank Mir making over $300,000 for his f!ght with Brock Lesnar (I think it was the first one)... I believe $300,000 is more than enough for a f!ght. You do not and that probably won't change.
basically
 6 years ago '07        #112
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$41,038 | Props total: 30331 30331
 Spid3yo said:
Says the man with all the boxing pictures.....got it
Hey dumbass.... wtf does that mean?


the problem with boxing's front office is that it doesn't exist.
 6 years ago '07        #113
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$41,038 | Props total: 30331 30331
 Spid3yo said:
There are other things to consider.....the lower tier or "Filler" f!ghters in boxing PPV's get paid nothing, while every UFC f!ghter has the potential for bonuses up to $150,000. So while it is easier to make big huge money in boxing, there are only 5 guys capable of doing it.
First of all, no f!ghter in boxing, on a ppv gets paid nothing ounless he signs a contract that says he gets paid nothing.

PPV cards in boxing are not as crowded as UFC because f!ghts are scheduled for longer periods of time. So, you are less likely to get a 6 f!ght PPV card in boxing unless 4 of those f!ghts are 4 rounders.

A dude like Andre Berto got paid a million dollars for an undercard f!ght not too long ago. Because he was paid based on his worth to the network he was f!ghting on. A boxing promoter doesn't load up his card with all of his top f!ghters on one card, because that is counter-productive. You'll never see Pacman, Cotto, Margarito, Pavlik, Gamboa, etc on the same card because they are worth too much for one card... and the f!ghters know their worth and have freedom to negotiate.

Now maybe you don't know anything about business so, let me explain it to you. If the market can bare it, then you deserve it. Boxers get paid what the market is willing to bare. You have popular f!ghters like bernard hopkins who rarely gets on ppv because no one in their damned mind would pay to watch that bullsh*t. Conversely, if floyd can make $40 million for a f!ght, because the market values him at that rate, then who the fuk is any outsider to say that he's over paid?! WTF are you saying? He should get $1 million and HBO should get $39 million?

It's not that difficult to understand. Floyd could not make that money, if people didn't give it to him. In UFC, they CAN make more money from matches but, that money is withheld from the f!ghters and pocketed by non-f!ghters.
 6 years ago '06        #114
canal_boys 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,304 | Props total: 445 445
i agree

mma f!ght>>>floyd, manny
if they straight up f!ght
 6 years ago '07        #115
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$41,038 | Props total: 30331 30331
 Storchaveli said:
You're a KNOWN floyd c*ck-sucker. I wouldn't expect you to like what I posted, bi*ch. Floyd was shook so he made his own little set of unnecessary demands knowing Manny wouldn't kneel down and kiss his hand and the f!ght crumbled. Manny agreed to get tested AFTER the f!ght but it wasn't good enough for Floyd. Face it, Floyd is scared. If he wanted to f!ght, he wouldn't have brought up those bullsh*t testing demands, he would've said "Alright let's go." So basically Floyd did walk away from it. Stay upset.
you're a known idiot.


Boxing has bullsh*t testing. Every boxer already gets tested.... the testing is a joke though. Floyd asked for better testing, and manny pulls out. What the fuk does that sound like?

Unnecessary demands? You mean like a $10 million per pound weight penalty that no boxing commission on earth requires? ThAT is the kind of demand that would have a f!ghter not agreeing to a f!ght. However, Floyd DID agree to it though.

Floyd agreed to everything... that is a fact. Pacquiao did not, that is a fact. Pacman pulled out of the f!ght, made a f!ght with a lesser opponent and took the date Floyd/GBP reserved for themselves. So no, Floyd did not walk away, and he was left in a fuk'd up position... sitting at a negotiation table that he didn't know the other side had gotten up from.

... you best believe Floyd will never agree to 50/50 with pacman again, after they pulled that bullsh*t on him.
 6 years ago '05        #116
Wally Vegas 20 heat pts20
space
avatar space
space
$1,505 | Props total: 96 96
 Darealness420 said:
Dana I'd pretty right guys... Floyd is preventing the biggest f!ght ever because of money issues and bi*ch a.ss senseless bickering... Yet he flashes his money around like a douche and a tin like you're typical ignorant rapper while he's dodging paquaio... Yes this guy represents everything that is wrong and fu*ked up in boxing.... Seriously this is what it comes down to now? A rich primadonna is the hottest f!ghter today n his sheep as followers will stay defending him
How in the fu*k is Floyd preventing anything???? Manny is the one that won't take a simple blood test.

You Floyd haters/Manny warriors are fu*kin pathetic. You all are defending a man that won't take a drug test, but it's okay for him to f!ght a piece of sh*t cheater that should have been banned from boxing for life.

You Pacquiao fun boys are some simps.
 6 years ago '05        #117
anonymous414 
space
space
space
$636 | Props total: 63 63
joe rogan just fu*kin massacred that idiot in the debate
 6 years ago '08        #118
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$10,814 | Props total: 3446 3446
 Darealness420 said:
Lol heh all of sudden you like both sports now? Lmao shut yo transparent a.ss up
Where did i say idint like MMA u stupid fu*k.
 6 years ago '05        #119
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$36,734 | Props total: 12554 12554
 stogz said:
First of all, no f!ghter in boxing, on a ppv gets paid nothing ounless he signs a contract that says he gets paid nothing.

PPV cards in boxing are not as crowded as UFC because f!ghts are scheduled for longer periods of time. So, you are less likely to get a 6 f!ght PPV card in boxing unless 4 of those f!ghts are 4 rounders.

A dude like Andre Berto got paid a million dollars for an undercard f!ght not too long ago. Because he was paid based on his worth to the network he was f!ghting on. A boxing promoter doesn't load up his card with all of his top f!ghters on one card, because that is counter-productive. You'll never see Pacman, Cotto, Margarito, Pavlik, Gamboa, etc on the same card because they are worth too much for one card... and the f!ghters know their worth and have freedom to negotiate.

Now maybe you don't know anything about business so, let me explain it to you. If the market can bare it, then you deserve it. Boxers get paid what the market is willing to bare. You have popular f!ghters like bernard hopkins who rarely gets on ppv because no one in their damned mind would pay to watch that bullsh*t. Conversely, if floyd can make $40 million for a f!ght, because the market values him at that rate, then who the fuk is any outsider to say that he's over paid?! WTF are you saying? He should get $1 million and HBO should get $39 million?

It's not that difficult to understand. Floyd could not make that money, if people didn't give it to him. In UFC, they CAN make more money from matches but, that money is withheld from the f!ghters and pocketed by non-f!ghters.
Pretty much ended this thread with this post..

Like I said in my previous post, Dana White is raping the sh*t out of his f!ghters, and nobody says nothing and nobody cares.. nobody gives a fu*k about Dana White nor do the fans pay to see him f!ght, some how his f!ghters don't even sniff 50% of the PPV buys..


And Oscar De La Hoya made 1mil for his first f!ght directly out of the Olympics.. Floyd Made 50k for his first f!ght.. With any boxer the more you win, your pay scale increases with each match.. There's people in the UFC who are 15-20 f!ghts in and not even sniffing 150k per f!ght which is insane considering how much revenue the sport brings in..

Like I said, majority of these UFC f!ghters will have nothing to show for their life long dedication.. Being paid only 150k maximum and most only f!ght twice a year???? Thats not enough to set you up for the rest of your life, especially in a sport that has a short shelf life.
 6 years ago '04        #120
jdogg562 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$460 | Props total: 230 230
 stogz said:
lol... your very first sentence k!lled your entire argument. The f!ght was agreed upon once. It was all set complete with TV contract, and a date, and a venue. Yea, someone pulled out of the f!ght... but it was not Floyd.

Maybe you should learn the facts before saying anything or... better yet, stfu all together.
I'm startin to think you are on floyd's pay roll.You get so emo anytime anybody on this forum bad mouth's floyd. Why do you feel like your the end all be all of anything combat sport related here on bx. I think you need to take your own advice........
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 53
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
40 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 39
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
215 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 29
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
38 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 28
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
144 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 26
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
36 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 23
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 21
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
85 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 18
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
54 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy