Dana White: ‘Floyd Mayweather is what’s wrong with boxing’

most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
71 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
261 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
78 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-22-2011, 07:38 PM         #81
KnockinOnHD2001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Truth be told I'd rather watch boxing than mma
 6 years ago '04        #82
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
space
$22,257 | Props total: 2708 2708
 KnockinOnHD2001 said:
Truth be told I'd rather watch boxing than mma
You are the last of a dying breed.
 6 years ago '07        #83
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,073 | Props total: 30391 30391
 Russ369 said:
Floyd vs. Mosley did 1.4m PPV buys... Thats nothing compared to what Floyd vs. Pacquio would do... The most PPV buys a UFC card ever had was about 1.1 million and that was UFC 100... When the UFC is around for as long as boxing, WWE, w/e you wanna use, then the f!ghters will be payed more...

Also, why are we using the logic that the UFC f!ghters are underpaid and not saying that boxers or overpaid?
So take Floyd vs. Hatton, a ppv event that did just under 1 million ppv buys. Take Floyd's payday for that f!ght, and compare it to the entire payout made by the UFC to all f!ghters on the card they had that did 1.1 million buys. Did the entire roster combined on that night, make Floyd's purse for Hatton?

I already freaking expplained why boxers are not overpaid. they negotiate their pay. Someone doesn't just say "you'll get what i give you". There is a lot more work a boxer has to put into his business than a ufc f!ghter.
 6 years ago '04        #84
space
space
 stogz said:
So take Floyd vs. Hatton, a ppv event that did just under 1 million ppv buys. Take Floyd's payday for that f!ght, and compare it to the entire payout made by the UFC to all f!ghters on the card they had that did 1.1 million buys. Did the entire roster combined on that night, make Floyd's purse for Hatton?

I already freaking expplained why boxers are not overpaid. they negotiate their pay. Someone doesn't just say "you'll get what i give you". There is a lot more work a boxer has to put into his business than a ufc f!ghter.
Just because they negotiate their pay doesn't mean they aren't overpaid...
 6 years ago '07        #85
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Russ369 said:
GSP f!ghts a safe f!ght... Like I said, he doesnt f!ght to win, he f!ghts not to lose... He doesn't take as many chances, he spam takedowns all of his opponents who have any sort of striking skill... Sure he plays into their weaknesses, but not in exciting fashion... Fans give GSP sh*t all the time for the same reason they give Fitch sh*t, cuz they don't finish f!ghts...
See, your mind is corrupted by dana and his idiot reasoning.

If GSP f!ghts a guy who can't even defend against a simple jab.... against a f!ghter who has no ability to make an in f!ght adjusment, then why should gsp change his strategy. So because GSP does things that are successful in the ring, you term it as "he doesn't f!ght to win"?

Taking chances isn't "f!ghting to win", especially if it's unnecessary. No, you are just the typical low brow mma fan who wants blood, submissions, and knockouts. If a dude is a technical f!ghter, he's boring. That kind of reasoning about GSP says that you'd prefer a sloppy f!ght with a bunch of blood over watching a great f!ghter.
 6 years ago '07        #86
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Russ369 said:
Just because they negotiate their pay doesn't mean they aren't overpaid...

If i negotiate with you, to pay me $1 for a service... and you agree to pay me that amount for that service. Then who is to say i am overpaid or you overpaid me???! We BOTH agreed!

Who exactly trumps all the involved participants to a deal, and says that the deal was wrong?

You have ufc which broadcast through television at a determined price, just like boxing. You have f!ghters who train just as long as boxers and who take physical punishment just like boxers. Overall, UFC reports that they have more ppvs than american boxing cards (ufc is a privately owned company that does not have to report numbers or show their books). So if that is the case, based on somewhat similar channels of revenue for somewhat similar work, how can it be said that ufc f!ghters are not robbed?

Damn near 100 pro boxers have died in the modern era of boxing.... and hundreds more have life altering conditions that can not be treated, and you are trying to argue boxers getting underpaid? Are you serious?
 6 years ago '04        #87
space
space
 stogz said:
See, your mind is corrupted by dana and his idiot reasoning.

If GSP f!ghts a guy who can't even defend against a simple jab.... against a f!ghter who has no ability to make an in f!ght adjusment, then why should gsp change his strategy. So because GSP does things that are successful in the ring, you term it as "he doesn't f!ght to win"?

Taking chances isn't "f!ghting to win", especially if it's unnecessary. No, you are just the typical low brow mma fan who wants blood, submissions, and knockouts. If a dude is a technical f!ghter, he's boring. That kind of reasoning about GSP says that you'd prefer a sloppy f!ght with a bunch of blood over watching a great f!ghter.
lol im actually one of the bigger fans of MMA on here... So you saying all that sh*t makes no sense. I never said that if a guy is a technical f!ghter he is boring. There is a difference in being technical (ie. transitions, grappling, reversals, etc) and just stalling for 5 rounds... There are f!ghters who TRY to finish f!ghts, and others than don't... Plenty of decisions are entertaining, im not a "Just Bleed" UFC/MMA fan, trust me... I am just defending a sport that I admire, just like you are...

And GSP changed his strategy after the Matt Serra f!ght... Watch how GSP faught before he lost to Serra, and watch how he f!ghts now... Any real MMA fan would agree with me... Hell, hundreds if not thousands of people agree on Sherdog.net... go argue your case with them, im sure you'll spark up a 200 post debate in no time...
 6 years ago '07        #88
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Russ369 said:
lol im actually one of the bigger fans of MMA on here... So you saying all that sh*t makes no sense. I never said that if a guy is a technical f!ghter he is boring. There is a difference in being technical (ie. transitions, grappling, reversals, etc) and just stalling for 5 rounds... There are f!ghters who TRY to finish f!ghts, and others than don't... Plenty of decisions are entertaining, im not a "Just Bleed" UFC/MMA fan, trust me... I am just defending a sport that I admire, just like you are...

And GSP changed his strategy after the Matt Serra f!ght... Watch how GSP faught before he lost to Serra, and watch how he f!ghts now... Any real MMA fan would agree with me... Hell, hundreds if not thousands of people agree on Sherdog.net... go argue your case with them, im sure you'll spark up a 200 post debate in no time...

So, after he LOST a f!ght.... he changed his style up. Now he doesn't lose anymore.

... and you use THAT as evidence that he "doesn't f!ght to win".

Are you even thinking about what you type before hand?
 6 years ago '04        #89
space
space
 stogz said:
If i negotiate with you, to pay me $1 for a service... and you agree to pay me that amount for that service. Then who is to say i am overpaid or you overpaid me???! We BOTH agreed!

Who exactly trumps all the involved participants to a deal, and says that the deal was wrong?

You have ufc which broadcast through television at a determined price, just like boxing. You have f!ghters who train just as long as boxers and who take physical punishment just like boxers. Overall, UFC reports that they have more ppvs than american boxing cards (ufc is a privately owned company that does not have to report numbers or show their books). So if that is the case, based on somewhat similar channels of revenue for somewhat similar work, how can it be said that ufc f!ghters are not robbed?

Damn near 100 pro boxers have died in the modern era of boxing.... and hundreds more have life altering conditions that can not be treated, and you are trying to argue boxers getting underpaid? Are you serious?
Floyd getting paid 50 million per f!ght when lately he's f!ghting cans (well, Shane Mosely and Marquez aren't exactly cans but Mosely is definitely at the twilight of his career) and hand-picking his opponents, thats overpaid, yes. Doesn't matter if they agree in negotiations, he is still getting too much money... but I think anyone in a major sports league is overpaid, but who am I right? I just have an opinion.

Last edited by #RAPTORSWON; 07-22-2011 at 08:14 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #90
space
space
 stogz said:
So, after he LOST a f!ght.... he changed his style up. Now he doesn't lose anymore.

... and you use THAT as evidence that he "doesn't f!ght to win".

Are you even thinking about what you type before hand?
Have you even watched GSP f!ght? You think I along with thousands of other MMA fans are wrong and crazy? Stick to boxing bro.
 6 years ago '07        #91
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Russ369 said:
Floyd getting paid 50 million per f!ght when lately he's f!ghting cans and hand-picking his opponents, thats overpaid, yes. Doesn't matter if they agree in negotiations, he is still getting too much money... but I think anyone in a major sports league is overpaid, but who am I right? I just have an opinion.
First of all, list me all these opponents that Floyd has received $50 million dollars for.

Second, if there there is $100 millioon dollars to be paid out, it will be paid out. The only question is, who is the most deserving to receive it. If a pot for a f!ght is $100 million dollars, to be split between each f!ghter, the television network, and managers/promoters, etc. Who exactly should be the entities that receive the lion's share of the money? the dudes who carry the promotion and risk their health and lives... or the people who put words on pieces of paper? Or postion cameras inside an arena?

Guess what a boxers pension plan pays. Go ahead, guess. Guess what a boxer's extended medical care plan is.

A boxer getting less money does not mean that a fan gets to keep more. It just means some dude in a suit gets more money.
 6 years ago '05        #92
monrowe 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,023 | Props total: 537 537
mayweather fans are salty becasue ... dana got the money to make the f!ght happen and take any guy in moneys weightclass and agree to everything flyodd ask to make it happen.. he will make more money than anyone on a matchup like that
 6 years ago '05        #93
midaztouch 50 heat pts50
space
space
$1,920 | Props total: 214 214
 Russ369 said:
honestly.

Real f!ghts are grimey and sloppy as fu*k... Boxing technique is not a factor in a street f!ght at all... If anything, Kick Boxing is way more useful in a street f!ght...
clearly doesnt f!ght like a man..

type of dude who rolls 10 deep to a f!ght and his friends jump in..

idiots forget its 2 different sports, kicking was frowned upon in f!ghts back in the day.. now MMA made it okay to try and submitt someone in the middle of a bar f!ght.

"ayo you fu*ked ol boy up, who taught you that crane kick?"

"Steven segal"

that TAPOUT tshirt is a little small is not letting the blood flow your brain.

Last edited by midaztouch; 07-22-2011 at 08:21 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #94
eza 
space
space
$3,686 | Props total: 1 1
LOL Dana is funny, the thing is we all know ufc f!ghters get paid fu*king peanuts
 6 years ago '04        #95
space
space
 midaztouch said:
clearly doesnt f!ght like a man..

type of dude who rolls 10 deep to a f!ght and his friends jump in..
You really think dudes are gonna square up, bob and weave, etc, in a street f!ght? Cmon man be real... I don't f!ght period, sh*t doesn't solve anything... And even if I did, I wouldn't jump some guy with my friends, thats pus*y... Point is, when ur in a street f!ght, ur adrenaline and instincts kick in, you'd have to be very disciplined to use technique effectively and quickly to finish the f!ght...

edit: ur talking outta ur a.ss bro
 6 years ago '06        #96
kyh0mpb 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,011 | Props total: 4 4
 stogz said:

You just aren't getting it.

The NFL has routinely paid top-pick rookies just as much and more than some of the greatest players in the league. Matthew Stafford made more money than Tom Brady did before every playing a down in the NFL. What if he came in and sucked?

But by your logic, he isn't overpaid, because both sides agreed to it, right?

Someone sets a precedent, and from that point on it becomes a part of life. For a huge f!ght, a boxer got paid a ridiculous, exorbitant, asinine amount of money just because the promoters knew it would make that much money, and the f!ghter knew he could get that much out of them. And a precedent was set.

I agree to an extent that UFC f!ghters are underpaid. But that doesn't mean that boxers aren't overpaid, because they are.
 6 years ago '05        #97
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12560 12560
 mcruz said:
I disagree. MMA is the fastest growing sport we have seen ans he plays a huge part in that
And what do these big time MMA f!ghters have to show for them dedicating years of their life to the sport? Where's the million dollar f!ghters living lavish? At least a prime time boxer can get 1 or 2 mil for a f!ght.. a UFC f!ghter can barely make that much in 2 f!ght..

These f!ghters have zero representation, offered a price that is usually take it or leave it no matter their status in the sport.. White is like a Don King except for the fact he gets to r*pe people and nobody questions it because theirs MMA BODY he has to report too or athletic MMA commission he has to follow. There for he can continue to r*pe his f!ghters, take 70/30 splits out of the revenue with no complaints.. f!ghters dont like it? They can walk, because MMA is nothing more than a f!ghting factory where the belts are passed around like wh0ores, and there are no real main stay staples in the sport like a Floyd or Manny..

Last edited by Hold That; 07-22-2011 at 08:25 PM..
 6 years ago '09        #98
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,418 | Props total: 12358 12358
 DesertEagle said:
Actually Floyd is one of the easiest boxers to negotiate with.
 Sowhat said:

They don't hear you tho
No, we chose to ignore that dumbsh*t. Thats like saying Gabourey Sidibe is the baddest bi*ch on the block
 6 years ago '07        #99
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Russ369 said:
Have you even watched GSP f!ght? You think I along with thousands of other MMA fans are wrong and crazy? Stick to boxing bro.
So i said GSP won his last 2 f!ghts on a jab, and now... i've never seen him f!ght, right? He lost to Serra because he got caught be a wild shot from a lesser f!ghter. Then he went back to the drawing board, refined his skills, came back out and has been dominating... and somehow that is evidence that he doesn't f!ght to win.

If that is the logic of thousands of mma fans, then... thousands of mma fans are bloody morons.

When the usa sends drowns over to drop bombs on countries, instead of manned aircraft... is that evidence of not f!ghting to win?

When a tall boxer uses his reach to beat a short f!ghter, is that evidence of not f!ghting to win?

If a f!ghter cannot defend against an overhand left, thus... you keep throwing the overhand left, is that evidence of not f!ghting to win?

No, what moron mma fans don't understand is... just because YOU don't personally like a f!ghters style, that doesn't mean it's not the right style. Just because a dude uses his advantages to perfection, doesn't mean he's not trying to win.... and just because he wins easy, doesn't mean that it wasn't difficult.

So yes, if all the mma fans agree with you..... they are indeed incorrect. You can't say dumb sh*t like "He's scared to lose" and "he doesn't f!ght to win". Because, if you are scared to lose, then... you must be f!ghting to win. If you don't f!ght to win, then how the hell does he win so much??!
 6 years ago '04        #100
space
space
 stogz said:
So i said GSP won his last 2 f!ghts on a jab, and now... i've never seen him f!ght, right? He lost to Serra because he got caught be a wild shot from a lesser f!ghter. Then he went back to the drawing board, refined his skills, came back out and has been dominating... and somehow that is evidence that he doesn't f!ght to win.

If that is the logic of thousands of mma fans, then... thousands of mma fans are bloody morons.

When the usa sends drowns over to drop bombs on countries, instead of manned aircraft... is that evidence of not f!ghting to win?

When a tall boxer uses his reach to beat a short f!ghter, is that evidence of not f!ghting to win?

If a f!ghter cannot defend against an overhand left, thus... you keep throwing the overhand left, is that evidence of not f!ghting to win?

No, what moron mma fans don't understand is... just because YOU don't personally like a f!ghters style, that doesn't mean it's not the right style. Just because a dude uses his advantages to perfection, doesn't mean he's not trying to win.... and just because he wins easy, doesn't mean that it wasn't difficult.

So yes, if all the mma fans agree with you..... they are indeed incorrect. You can't say dumb sh*t like "He's scared to lose" and "he doesn't f!ght to win". Because, if you are scared to lose, then... you must be f!ghting to win. If you don't f!ght to win, then how the hell does he win so much??!
He wasn't caught with "a wild shot" he was tagged multiple times quite effectively and accurately.

I have no problem with this f!ghting style, he could take more chances and be more excting, but I just don't like when people call him P4P when he refuses to test the waters at higher weight classes like Silva does... Sure he f!ghts very conservatively lately, I think he's a decent f!ghter, but not as good as people say he is... GSP f!ghts not to lose, period. Im done here... Peeace
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
62 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy