Dana White: ‘Floyd Mayweather is what’s wrong with boxing’

most viewed right now
 105
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 79
Troy ave is back ladies and gentleman
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 72
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
78 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 57
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
129 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #61
aKtIvItY! 
space
avatar space
space
$1,031 | Props total: 0 0
 stogz said:
this is as stupid a thing i've heard in this thread.


GSP is not scared of a Silva f!ght. He's scared of after a Silva f!ght. If gaining all that weight negatively effects his ability, it's not as simple as just losing a bunch of muscle and going back to your old body. GSP has reference Roy Jones Jr numerous times as an example.

Gaining muscle is an exact science... losing muscle is not.
Finally someone who understands. Its not as simple as just gaining the weight and losing it again, its not like weight cutting where they just dehydrate themselves, it could take months to do it properly.
 6 years ago '08        #62
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$10,814 | Props total: 3446 3446
 Darealness420 said:
Lol you mad homie????



Mma>boxing get over it pal
I like both sports u dumb piece of sh*t. Now post something intelligent.
 6 years ago '05        #63
awall 
space
space
space
$3,332 | Props total: 38 38
funny money can make in 1 f!ght what ufc's whole roster cant make in 10 years.

he's doing somrthing right..to keep people buying them ppv's and tickets
 6 years ago '08        #64
arthurmack27 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,934 | Props total: 687 687
the whole mma vs boxing thing is irrelevant to me. but dana was absolutely right about floyd being whats wrong with boxing. pac may be difficult, but for 1) hes the current "bawse" of boxing, so he can be that way. and 2) pac keeps his mouth shut while remaining humble and politically correct while floyd is the one running his mouth and tarnishing his and boxings images.
 6 years ago '04        #65
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
avatar space
space
$22,256 | Props total: 2706 2706
GSP reportedly walks around at 190-195lbs not during training for f!ghts... If they really wanted to make it happen, it would be at a catchweight... But Anderson Silva feels that GSP should come up to 185 to f!ght him, which is w/e.... GSP should go up in weight, he's finished off the 170 division, but he won't do it cuz personally I think he loses all the advantages he has at that weight if he moves up... At 185, he would be small, not as fast and not as strong as some of the 185'ers...

Im not saying GSP is scared, but if you know anything about him, you know that he doesn't f!ght to win, he f!ghts not to lose...
 07-22-2011, 07:16 PM         #66
DrX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol floyd worth more then dana,,,dana a jealous f*ggot....hes whats wrong with sports...he rob his f!ghters blind


he wont even let gsp f!ght silva
 6 years ago '07        #67
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$41,037 | Props total: 30330 30330
 aKtIvItY! said:
Finally someone who understands. Its not as simple as just gaining the weight and losing it again, its not like weight cutting where they just dehydrate themselves, it could take months to do it properly.
Trust me, i've been through it personally. I wasn't even all muscle like these guys are. Some f!ghters that go up in weight class, simply don't cut as much weight. They just lose less weight and f!ght at a higher class. Also, they are not all muscle, they shed some fat, and then they are good.

GSP looks pretty maxed out to me as far as muscle on his frame. For him to gain the kind of weight people want him to, dude is not even 6'0''... he'll be bulky as hell. He would be sluggish and his stamina would take a huge hit.

What people are asking him to do... is the kind of risk you take in your retirement f!ght.
 6 years ago '04        #68
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
avatar space
space
$22,256 | Props total: 2706 2706
 stogz said:
Trust me, i've been through it personally. I wasn't even all muscle like these guys are. Some f!ghters that go up in weight class, simply don't cut as much weight. They just lose less weight and f!ght at a higher class. Also, they are not all muscle, they shed some fat, and then they are good.

GSP looks pretty maxed out to me as far as muscle on his frame. For him to gain the kind of weight people want him to, dude is not even 6'0''... he'll be bulky as hell. He would be sluggish and his stamina would take a huge hit.

What people are asking him to do... is the kind of risk you take in your retirement f!ght.
That, and Anderson refusing to f!ght lower than 185 is what is stopping this f!ght...
 6 years ago '04        #69
MegaTON 22 heat pts22
space
avatar space
space
$24,111 | Props total: 289 289
this bi*ch a.ss n*gga has some nerve.
 6 years ago '05        #70
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
 stogz said:
Of course you disagree. What do you know?


It's the fastest growing sport, and has the lowest paid athletes. He bribes his athletes to compete in a manner which may not be beneficial to their success. He is one person who has total authority over everyone. So, no one has any rights, they do as their told or get fired.

... but hey, the idiot fans are happy and the boss who makes all the money is happy.... so who cares, right?
I remember reading an article on here last week that described the differences between how much boxers and MMA f!ghters got. Yes, your Mayweather's and Paciao's are going to get an absurd amount of money (I think they're highly over paid) but if you average it out, UFC f!ghters make more money than Boxers do. You can search the Sportscenter for the article.

Also, all the hate for Dana White is ridiculous. No one forces MMA f!ghters to go to the UFC. If they don't want to f!ght for Dana White they can go to different organizations. It's gotten smaller since the UFC has purchased various companies (great business move).

Most boxing fans are trying to hold onto their sport, and that's fine, but I think the UFC and Dana White are doing a great job.

Also, while it kind of pertains to the current NFL labor situation, in what job have you ever worked, where you make the same money as the owner (assuming you're not the owner or co-owner). You say, "... the owner makes all the money" -- Well, yeah, that's the point of being an owner. They put up the money to get the business started. These f!ghters weren't exactly out there ready to put up money for the business. Dana White, and the Ferritas(sp?), took a chance on a sport that wasn't going anywhere. They deserve everything that they've gotten. As I said before, I believe that you've gotten used to the "norm" where some boxers make over 100 million a f!ght. No where, will someone in a sport make that much money. I believe that boxing set a precedent of over paying their top f!ghters to the point where people expect it in other combat sports. It's never going to happen, in any other sport.
 6 years ago '07        #71
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,336 | Props total: 403 403
More evidence that Manny is a media created hype frenzy........... look at all this american support this guy receives but yet has a problem with USADA. This person who has the media on his side with always look better
 6 years ago '07        #72
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$41,037 | Props total: 30330 30330
 Russ369 said:
Dana White is NOT the reason why this f!ght is not happening... Its all on GSP... He is ducking Silva... Listen to a bunch of his interviews before the Shields f!ght, then after... He's scared as sh*t to lose...
 Russ369 said:
GSP reportedly walks around at 190-195lbs not during training for f!ghts... If they really wanted to make it happen, it would be at a catchweight... But Anderson Silva feels that GSP should come up to 185 to f!ght him, which is w/e.... GSP should go up in weight, he's finished off the 170 division, but he won't do it cuz personally I think he loses all the advantages he has at that weight if he moves up... At 185, he would be small, not as fast and not as strong as some of the 185'ers...

Im not saying GSP is scared, but if you know anything about him, you know that he doesn't f!ght to win, he f!ghts not to lose...


contradiction (ˌkɒntrəˈdɪkʃən)
— n
1. the act of going against; opposition; denial
2. a declaration of the opposite or contrary
3. a statement that is at variance with itself (often in the phrase a contradiction in terms )
4. conflict or inconsistency, as between events, qualities, etc
5. a person or thing containing conflicting qualities
 6 years ago '06        #73
JCSIII 72 heat pts72
space
avatar space
space
$6,990 | Props total: 144 144
There people in here who really think Floyd is good for boxing? I'm rollin lmao
 6 years ago '04        #74
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$19,650 | Props total: 5334 5334
 StateProperty88 said:
Looks like white just wanted to take a shot at Floyd. He didn't really explain his reasoning other then saying he's a big manny fan
.... And he always wants someone to get in his ring , why no get in the boxing ring ? Shyts dumb ..
 6 years ago '04        #75
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
avatar space
space
$22,256 | Props total: 2706 2706
 stogz said:
contradiction (ˌkɒntrəˈdɪkʃən)
— n
1. the act of going against; opposition; denial
2. a declaration of the opposite or contrary
3. a statement that is at variance with itself (often in the phrase a contradiction in terms )
4. conflict or inconsistency, as between events, qualities, etc
5. a person or thing containing conflicting qualities
Aight, fine, he IS scared to lose, happy? GSP isn't scared of anyone, he's scared of the concept of losing and tarnishing his record and legacy... After the Matt Serra f!ght, he's changed everything up...


Last edited by #RAPTORSWON; 07-22-2011 at 07:32 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #76
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$41,037 | Props total: 30330 30330
 I'm The Dan said:
I remember reading an article on here last week that described the differences between how much boxers and MMA f!ghters got. Yes, your Mayweather's and Paciao's are going to get an absurd amount of money (I think they're highly over paid) but if you average it out, UFC f!ghters make more money than Boxers do. You can search the Sportscenter for the article.

Also, all the hate for Dana White is ridiculous. No one forces MMA f!ghters to go to the UFC. If they don't want to f!ght for Dana White they can go to different organizations. It's gotten smaller since the UFC has purchased various companies (great business move).

Most boxing fans are trying to hold onto their sport, and that's fine, but I think the UFC and Dana White are doing a great job.

Also, while it kind of pertains to the current NFL labor situation, in what job have you ever worked, where you make the same money as the owner (assuming you're not the owner or co-owner). You say, "... the owner makes all the money" -- Well, yeah, that's the point of being an owner. They put up the money to get the business started. These f!ghters weren't exactly out there ready to put up money for the business. Dana White, and the Ferritas(sp?), took a chance on a sport that wasn't going anywhere. They deserve everything that they've gotten. As I said before, I believe that you've gotten used to the "norm" where some boxers make over 100 million a f!ght. No where, will someone in a sport make that much money. I believe that boxing set a precedent of over paying their top f!ghters to the point where people expect it in other combat sports. It's never going to happen, in any other sport.
Average it out? What kind of stupid logic is that?

There are way more boxers on this earth than mma f!ghters. Their are boxers in the poorest slums of the world. Obviously you are not going to include them in a conversation about pay. Fact is, you want to talk ufc, that holds ppv cards and has a tv deal to boxers who also hold ppv cards and have deals with tv... you'll see that dana white robs his f!ghters.
 07-22-2011, 07:32 PM         #77
youknowmystelo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Joe Rogan k!lled that dude in the interview.
 6 years ago '07        #78
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$41,037 | Props total: 30330 30330
 Russ369 said:
Aight, fine, he IS scared to lose, happy?
how is he scared to lose when.. he's already lost and has seeked rematches and avenged those loses. does gsp even get to select his own opponents? how is he scared to lose and he doesn't have a whole bunch of freedom to avoid anyone.

here's an idea. someone ask gsp what it would take for him to f!ght silva in 2012. after he answers... give it to him. if it's $25 million, give it to him. then we'll see if he's scared or not.
 6 years ago '04        #79
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
avatar space
space
$22,256 | Props total: 2706 2706
 stogz said:
Average it out? What kind of stupid logic is that?

There are way more boxers on this earth than mma f!ghters. Their are boxers in the poorest slums of the world. Obviously you are not going to include them in a conversation about pay. Fact is, you want to talk ufc, that holds ppv cards and has a tv deal to boxers who also hold ppv cards and have deals with tv... you'll see that dana white robs his f!ghters.
Floyd vs. Mosley did 1.4m PPV buys... Thats nothing compared to what Floyd vs. Pacquio would do... The most PPV buys a UFC card ever had was about 1.1 million and that was UFC 100... When the UFC is around for as long as boxing, WWE, w/e you wanna use, then the f!ghters will be payed more...

Also, why are we using the logic that the UFC f!ghters are underpaid and not saying that boxers or overpaid?
 6 years ago '04        #80
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
avatar space
space
$22,256 | Props total: 2706 2706
 stogz said:
how is he scared to lose when.. he's already lost and has seeked rematches and avenged those loses. does gsp even get to select his own opponents? how is he scared to lose and he doesn't have a whole bunch of freedom to avoid anyone.

here's an idea. someone ask gsp what it would take for him to f!ght silva in 2012. after he answers... give it to him. if it's $25 million, give it to him. then we'll see if he's scared or not.
GSP f!ghts a safe f!ght... Like I said, he doesnt f!ght to win, he f!ghts not to lose... He doesn't take as many chances, he spam takedowns all of his opponents who have any sort of striking skill... Sure he plays into their weaknesses, but not in exciting fashion... Fans give GSP sh*t all the time for the same reason they give Fitch sh*t, cuz they don't finish f!ghts...
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 45
Rappers that have or had AIDS
166 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 43
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
202 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 43
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
89 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 34
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
225 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 29
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
261 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 21
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
90 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 20
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
187 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 19
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
134 comments
19 hours ago
@news
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy