Dana White: ‘Floyd Mayweather is what’s wrong with boxing’

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
194 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-22-2011, 05:41 PM         #1
7482 pageviews
143 comments

space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

http://offthebench.nbcspo .. g-with-boxing/

Rick Chandler

First you should know that Dana White and Floyd Mayweather have a history together. White spent a good portion of his childhood in Las Vegas, and began a professional training career there. And he’s argued with Mayweather in the past about boxing vs. mixed martial arts, at one point challenging Mayweather to get into the UFC ring with one of his f!ghters, which Mayweather did not accept.

Then on Wednesday White appeared on WFAN in New York to discuss the possibility of MMA coming to New York (don’t hold your breath), and the conversation came around to Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao.

White:

"I’m a huge, huge Manny Pacquiao fan. He is boxing right now. Floyd Mayweather, and Floyd and I go way back and I told Floyd to his face too, Floyd is one of the big problems with boxing. Holding out, not taking this f!ght with Manny Pacquiao, and doing what he’s doing. I think Manny Pacquiao is boxing. Everything about him is positive and I love the guy.”

Audio
[pic - click to view]

here.

Here’s some background: In 2007, Mayweather was quoted in a Yahoo Sports story saying that the UFC was inferior to boxing. “UFC’s champions can’t handle boxing. That’s why they are in UFC.”

White was not amused:

“I used to talk like Floyd Mayweather when I was involved in boxing. I talked just like him, until I educated myself about this sport. These guys are amazing athletes, Floyd Mayweather is one of the best boxers ever, (and) Sean Sherk will whoop his a.ss in under two minutes. Any day that Mayweather wants to put his money and his a.ss where his mouth is, I’m ready. If he wants to step up, let’s do it. I’m willing to put together a f!ght for Sean Sherk and Floyd Mayweather with numbers that would make sense for Floyd. And I guarantee you he would not accept it. Floyd Mayweather would never f!ght in the UFC because he would get his head ripped off.”

More Mayweather quotes near the end of this video:

[video - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by 22k; 07-22-2011 at 06:11 PM..

143 comments for "Dana White: ‘Floyd Mayweather is what’s wrong with boxing’"

6 years ago '08        #2
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
$10,811 | Props total: 3442 3442
And Floyd would beat the sh*t out of any UFC f!ghter in a boxing ring. This is pointless. Pacman is just as hard in negotiations as Floyd is, actually he's tougher. And he would never f!ght in the UFC either. U think Floyd or Manny will f!ght in a different sport for about a tenth of what they get boxing?
 6 years ago '07        #3
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,031 | Props total: 30285 30285
Dana White is what's wrong with sports front offices.
 6 years ago '09        #4
DesertEagle 48 heat pts48
space
space
$7,980 | Props total: 1850 1850
Actually Floyd is one of the easiest boxers to negotiate with.
 6 years ago '10        #5
mcruz 2 heat pts
space
space
$562 | Props total: 0 0
 stogz said:
Dana White is what's wrong with sports front offices.
I disagree. MMA is the fastest growing sport we have seen ans he plays a huge part in that
 6 years ago '08        #6
crenshaw 
space
space
space
$676 | Props total: 88 88
Let the Dana white hating and bashing begin.... Floyd stans and anti-mma folks bout to jump in.
 6 years ago '06        #7
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,519 | Props total: 6743 6743
this is the guy giving his f!ghters peanuts and pocketing a sh*tload of money for himself tho
fu*koutofhere

so mr.white is against steroid testing?
 6 years ago '05        #8
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,872 | Props total: 8394 8394
Looks like white just wanted to take a shot at Floyd. He didn't really explain his reasoning other then saying he's a big manny fan
 6 years ago '05        #9
midaztouch 50 heat pts50
space
space
$1,920 | Props total: 214 214
dana only thinks floyd is bad for boxing because he pays his f!ghters 30k to f!ght in a main event. yea the odd f!ghter gets 200k but that money is nothing to what a guy like Floyd gets

dana i can not agree with you here

at you throwing it in the interview that mayweather should try a ufc bout. dana is a Jewish penny pincher, he wouldn't spend that money.

i respect MMA guys 100 percent. how come they when they talk a boxer vs a mma f!ghter. its always with mma rules? i mean really does dana think people are using triangle chokes and arm bars in the street/bar f!ghts, only f*ggots kick..

Last edited by midaztouch; 07-22-2011 at 06:01 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #10
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,031 | Props total: 30285 30285
 mcruz said:
I disagree. MMA is the fastest growing sport we have seen ans he plays a huge part in that
Of course you disagree. What do you know?

It's the fastest growing sport, and has the lowest paid athletes. He bribes his athletes to compete in a manner which may not be beneficial to their success. He is one person who has total authority over everyone. So, no one has any rights, they do as their told or get fired.

... but hey, the idiot fans are happy and the boss who makes all the money is happy.... so who cares, right?
 6 years ago '08        #11
Sowhat 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,571 | Props total: 1 1
 DesertEagle said:
Actually Floyd is one of the easiest boxers to negotiate with.

They don't hear you tho
 6 years ago '04        #12
Gtownkid04 
space
space
$6,867 | Props total: 67 67
Much bigger MMA fan than boxing, and Dana is full of sh*t lol. Didn't give any reason besides "I'm a Manny fan" Plus Dana is infamous for underpaying f!ghters, and he got mad at Fedor for not wanting to come to UFC, even though he would make less money. What type of sh*t is Dana on
 6 years ago '08        #13
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
 stogz said:

It's the fastest growing sport, and has the lowest paid athletes. He bribes his athletes to compete in a manner which may not be beneficial to their success. He is one person who has total authority over everyone. So, no one has any rights, they do as their told or get fired.

... but hey, the idiot fans are happy and the boss who makes all the money is happy.... so who cares, right?
Hate it or love it MMA is the fastest growing sport. And fact is Dana White and the UFC are getting paid big time. May not be the most ethical, but other business wish they could do the same.
 6 years ago '08        #14
AyeDre 13 heat pts13
space
space
$10,533 | Props total: 283 283
this dumb mother fu*ker
 6 years ago '08        #15
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Gtownkid04 said:
Much bigger MMA fan than boxing, and Dana is full of sh*t lol. Didn't give any reason besides "I'm a Manny fan" Plus Dana is infamous for underpaying f!ghters, and he got mad at Fedor for not wanting to come to UFC, even though he would make less money. What type of sh*t is Dana on
Whoa! From what I understand Dana offered Fedor the biggest MMA contract ever. he just refused to make M-1 a co-promoter, which I dont think anyone can blame him for. Matter of fact he bought out strike force who Fedor signed with. Dana is a damn good business man.
 6 years ago '08        #16
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
Dana White is the same dude who wont make the GSP-Anderson Silva UFC superf!ght. He needs to seriously shut the fu*k up. In 20 years when some new sport has eclipsed MMA, I wanna see where his mouth will be. But for now, either shut the fu*k up and make GSP-Silva you bald headed neanderthal bi*ch.
 07-22-2011, 06:11 PM         #17
texasplayboy_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Until Manny f!ghts some young, up and coming f!ghter who actually holds a title...HE'S what's wrong with boxing. And more than what Dana accused Floyd of being. If you can't admit he cherry picks too, you're mentally retarded.
 6 years ago '10        #18
DurtySoufReppin 76 heat pts76
space
space
$7,718 | Props total: 14 14
boxing > MMA
 6 years ago '04        #19
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
space
$22,256 | Props total: 2706 2706
 stogz said:

I agree to an extent, but they make more than whats announced... endorsements, under the table deals, f!ght bonuses, etc...

And to say that Floyd makes millions, yeah cuz they build the entire card around the main event... No one cares about boxing undercards, no one, unless ur a huge fan of the sport...
 6 years ago '10        #20
BIGthingsSON2 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,794 | Props total: 2108 2108
 midaztouch said:
dana only thinks floyd is bad for boxing because he pays his f!ghters 30k to f!ght in a main event. yea the odd f!ghter gets 200k but that money is nothing to what a guy like Floyd gets

dana i can not agree with you here

at you throwing it in the interview that mayweather should try a ufc bout. dana is a Jewish penny pincher, he wouldn't spend that money.

i respect MMA guys 100 percent. how come they when they talk a boxer vs a mma f!ghter. its always with mma rules? i mean really does dana think people are using triangle chokes and arm bars in the street/bar f!ghts, only f*ggots kick..
Some1 who has trained for 8months could probably make you his shortie.
Home      

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
80 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
42 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
288 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
67 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
35 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
60 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
47 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
70 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy