Braylon Edwards Pleads Guilty to DWI Charge..

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
84 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
149 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
17 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #1
6114 pageviews
7 comments

italiansteve 2187 heat pts2187
space
space
$9,286 | Props total: 5413 5413
Braylon Edwards Pleads Guilty to DWI Charge..

[pic - click to view]

New York Jets wide receiver Braylon Edwards pleaded guilty to driving while intoxicated on Friday to resolve a case stemming from a Sept. 21 police stop.
As part of the agreement with the court, his case will be closed without jail time or probation if he pays a $500 fine. He must continue in an NFL alcohol counseling program that he's been in since October.
He also gets a six-month driver's license suspension.
"I feel good. I feel like it came to a fair conclusion by the judge and DA," Edwards said. "I'm happy that it's past and now it's just really time to focus on football again."
Edwards will be a free agent when the NFL and players ratify a new collective bargaining agreement. Although the Jets sat Edwards for the first quarter of the Miami game immediately after his arrest, he could still be subject to NFL discipline.

This isn't the first incident involving Edwards. He was involved in a prior nightclub incident in Cleveland, in which he pleaded no contest to misdemeanor aggravated disorderly conduct. He was on probation in Ohio at the time of his DWI arrest. The guilty finding in New York could trigger a violation, with a possible $1,000 fine and six-month jail term.
In June, Edwards was involved in a minor car crash on the Detroit River island park of Belle Isle. No charges were filed in that incident.
The DWI resulted when Edwards was pulled over on Sept. 21, 2010 for tinted windows. Officers administered a breath test which determined his blood alcohol level was .16, or twice the legal limit.

In a charcoal suit and lime green dress shirt on one of the hottest days of the summer Friday, Edwards said he hopes to stay with the Jets and would like his contract addressed during the period when teams can exclusively re-sign their own players.

"I'm glad that we got it resolved today before free agency is officially open," Edwards said, flanked by his parents. "So that's defintely good for us, but at the same time I don't know you may have some teams that are leery. You may have some teams, hopefully the one I'm standing in now, that are OK with it."

The deal Edwards took is standard for first-time offenders, said Joan E. Vollero, the DA's deputy director of communication. The DWI is a Class A misdemeanor.

7 comments for "Braylon Edwards Pleads Guilty to DWI Charge.."

6 years ago '04        #2
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,654 | Props total: 5337 5337
Take this n*gga license ... He crashing on the Isle and shyt getting head from his boy ..
 07-22-2011, 12:56 PM         #3
SteveSS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Aesop730 said:
Take this n*gga license ... He crashing on the Isle and shyt getting head from his boy ..
What?
 6 years ago '04        #4
HotBYoungTurk 13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,720 | Props total: 2018 2018
Braylon won't learn.
 6 years ago '07        #5
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
 Aesop730 said:
 6 years ago '11        #6
BLUE$ 169 heat pts169
space
space
$10,626 | Props total: 3022 3022
New York Jets wide receiver Braylon Edwards pleaded guilty to driving while intoxicated on Friday to resolve a case stemming from a Sept. 21 police stop.

As part of the agreement with the court, his case will be closed without jail time or probation if he pays a $500 fine. He must continue in an NFL alcohol counseling program that he's been in since November.

He also gets a six-month driver's license suspension.

"I feel good. I feel like it came to a fair conclusion by the judge and DA," Edwards said. "I'm happy that it's past and now it's just really time to focus on football again."

Edwards will be a free agent when the NFL and players ratify a new collective bargaining agreement. Although the Jets sat Edwards for the first quarter of the Miami game immediately after his arrest, he could still be subject to NFL discipline.

This isn't the first incident involving Edwards. He was involved in a prior nightclub incident in Cleveland, in which he pleaded no contest to misdemeanor aggravated disorderly conduct. He was on probation in Ohio at the time of his DWI arrest. The guilty finding in New York could trigger a violation, with a possible $1,000 fine and six-month jail term.

The Jets were "aware" of the ruling.

"In light of the current labor situation, we will have no further comment," team spokesman Bruce Speight said.

Edwards' lawyer, Peter M. Frankel, said he hoped the league and Cleveland authorities would take into account the player's extensive charitable activities, including the $1 million in college scholarships he awarded Cleveland students this spring.

In June, Edwards was involved in a minor car crash on the Detroit River island park of Belle Isle. No charges were filed in that incident, and police said alcohol did not appear to be a factor.

The DWI resulted when Edwards was pulled over on Sept. 21, 2010 for tinted windows. Officers administered a breath test which determined his blood alcohol level was .16, or twice the legal limit.

In a charcoal suit and lime green dress shirt on one of the hottest days of the summer Friday, Edwards said he hopes to stay with the Jets and would like his contract addressed during the period when teams can exclusively re-sign their own players.

"I'm glad that we got it resolved today before free agency is officially open," Edwards said, flanked by his parents. "So that's defintely good for us, but at the same time I don't know you may have some teams that are leery. You may have some teams, hopefully the one I'm standing in now, that are OK with it."

The deal Edwards took is standard for first-time offenders, said Joan E. Vollero, the DA's deputy director of communication. The DWI is a Class A misdemeanor.

Last season for the Jets, Edwards had 53 catches for 914 yards and seven touchdowns. The Jets' other starting wide receiver, Santonio Holmes, will also be a free agent, and there has been debate among fans about which the Jets should keep if they can't afford both.

"I wouldn't compare myself against Tone, he's a friend as well as a teammate," Edwards said. "He's a great player, I'm a great player. We offer a lot on the field as well as off. So it's just a matter of if we can't get both of them whatever one they want to go with, it's their call really. If it's him I wish him nothing but the best."
Braylon need to chill with the reckless driving.
 6 years ago '10        #7
getshook8 2 heat pts
space
space
$827 | Props total: 0 0
thread already exists my man

6 years ago '06        #8
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,054 | Props total: 18816 18816
this guy ain't gonna get that new deal in NY...
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
153 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
90 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
71 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
96 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
50 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy