i hate conscious rappers, theyre the biggest fakes in the game

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
86 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
21 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #61
#1nasfan 
space
space
$11,856 | Props total: 5207 5207
"Conscious" seems like it's a label put on rappers by fans, not themselves, I don't think ive ever actually heard Talib,Mos,common , ect. claim to be a "conscious" rapper, they've talked about being called it though.
 6 years ago '07        #62
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,477 | Props total: 16250 16250
 the player said:
"While jay made kids think it was cool to sell crack? He better be givin back cause he is taking away a lot"

dont respond
wow you pulled he told kids to sell drugs out of "While jay made kids think it was cool to sell crack" comin atchya bro bro
 6 years ago '07        #63
space
space
 Jralez said:
I don't hate conscious rappers, i just hate their fans.
haters gonna hate
 6 years ago '07        #64
PowerBar Ernie 108 heat pts108
space
space
$5,901 | Props total: 1244 1244
 #1nasfan said:
"Conscious" seems like it's a label put on rappers by fans, not themselves, I don't think ive ever actually heard Talib,Mos,common , ect. claim to be a "conscious" rapper, they've talked about being called it though.
TS and anyone else who agrees please read the above response. Most of these so-called conscious rappers resent the title.
 6 years ago '07        #65
space
space
 PowerBar Ernie said:
TS and anyone else who agrees please read the above response. Most of these so-called conscious rappers resent the title.
thank you...these labels are also given to "backpackers" etc... MTV is part reponsible for this classic divide and conquer as well.. in the end your favorite "thug" rapper has said something "conscious" by definition

having the mental faculties fully active... unless you like rappers who can only use half they brain
 6 years ago '10        #66
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,564 | Props total: 5929 5929
You can find flaw in almost anyone's life. Martin Luther King Jr was known to creep around on his wife. Does that take anything away from what he's done for not only people of color, but humanity as a whole?
 6 years ago '09        #67
MakaveliToDon91 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,640 | Props total: 4640 4640
 GangGreen227 said:
lol tupac product of the black panthers fu*k outta here duke started the term studio gangsta made it cool for these lil kids to scream thug life and wear bandanas like they gangsta u n*ggas praise like he was the secound coming of jesus but he was fraud trying too hard to be hard never gave back to the community but he will give u a record about it tho fu*k outta here brenda gotta a baby aint gonna feed no kids intsead he was trying to r*pe brenda lol...jay and 50 are products of they enviroment actually gave back a whole lot to the communiy feed kids i clothed them and countless of other sh*t what has jay took away jay was no different from yo neighbor hood crack dealer that the kids already knew about "dont follow me youngin follow my moves im not a role model"

while u guys praise those so called concious rappers u should be praising the ones who are actually trying to make a difference ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.
lol come into the Bay with this horse load of bullsh*t thats comin out yo mouth and you'll get five in ur chest just like Pac did n*gga. the disrespect u jus showed in this post is f*ckin mind boggling n*gga, why the hell u frontin u know sh*t about Pac? u aint know nothin lol, relax yaself.

and Pac wasnt no studio gangsta. n*gga rushed Biggie when he saw him at the Soul Train awards wit Suge and steel was pulled, n*gga shot up two cops, been shot, came from the ghetto, lived on his own before he was 18, moved from homeless shelter to homeless shelter, came from the gutter and became a rap star. f*ck u tryna say n*gga, all that sh*ts fact.
 6 years ago '04        #68
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,195 | Props total: 3340 3340
 Madn*gga4 said:
I still go the crib and see my n*ggaz on the corner
Chillin with the pounds on they waist, gettin old
Gettin round in the face and when I hang with them
They ask me if "The Minstrel Show" means I'm ashamed of them
Well - I can't say that I'm proud, but only sayin
Can't say I'm allowed to judge, I'm just glad to see you
Cause truth be told, if my records never sold
And I wasn't raised this bold, n*gga I would probably be you
I've been God blessed with the gift to make music
It took me all over the continent
But still got boys on the block and fam, smokin rock
So please, miss me with that conscious sh*t
I spent many a sleepless night because of it
Until I had to shake that sh*t off and reach the conclusion
That every now and then you gotta axe yourself
Do you really wanna win or just look good losin?
It's no illusion, yes yes

Most underrated Emcee EVER?? Very possible. Phonte:agreement6:
 6 years ago '10        #69
space
space
 Veno da Don said:
Most underrated Emcee EVER?? Very possible. Phonte:agreement6:
Underrated? Nah. People who are familiar with him usually rate him highly. Under-publicized? You might have an argument there. Phonte is very dope though.
 6 years ago '04        #70
space
space
 Ant McQueen said:
Underrated? Nah. People who are familiar with him usually rate him highly. Under-publicized? You might have an argument there. Phonte is very dope though.
But not enough people rate him or are into him as an ARTIST. He should be rocking sellout venues even if he is "underground". He is too dope!
 6 years ago '10        #71
space
space
 Veno da Don said:
But not enough people rate him or are into him as an ARTIST. He should be rocking sellout venues even if he is "underground". He is too dope!
Maybe he's comfortable where he is. Some of these artists enjoy being able to go to mall or out to eat without having a massive security team.
 6 years ago '04        #72
space
space
 Ant McQueen said:
Maybe he's comfortable where he is. Some of these artists enjoy being able to go to mall or out to eat without having a massive security team.
You can maintain you "underground" appeal and still cash in. Example if he was to come to my city he would be at the 1,500 seater instead of the 5 to 6,000 and I think that's a shame.
 6 years ago '04        #73
efromthev 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,590 | Props total: 441 441
these dudes corny and say the same repetitive cliche bullsh*t.
Really? That is the way you want to start out your argument? I'm pretty sure that mainstream/gangster/trap rappers are who this statement would apply to. Not saying that some "conscious" rappers don't become repetitive. But to state they are corny and cliche shows me that you are truly mistaken because talking about you are iced out, strapped up, and how rich you are is truly some of the corniest and cliche topics anyone could talk (especially because most are lying) about which the majority of the rap game does.

So all these guys lying about how much money they got or how many drugs they sold are alright because it is entertainment? But when someone has something of value or meaning to say, they have to be 100% accurate because everything they say should be taken at face value? Most of the people you are describing are providing food for thought and can inspire people to pursue knowledge and read up on a topic and form their own thoughts/opinions. No one should believe 100% of what anyone says without doing their own research and this applies to these rappers as well but you rather discredit them for putting a thought out there that might not be a fact.

yall call the commercial rappers "coons" but at-least they're honest and dont come across as wolves in a sheep clothing
At least they are honest?? You do realize that almost everything commercial rappers talk about is fabricated. Not saying some haven't lived that lifestyle but for the most part they are given an image to market to the masses, that is not really them..

I think if anyone is a pseudo intellectual it is you. Because you believe you have everything figured out yet you don't know what the fu*k you are talking about. I listen to so called "conscious" rappers yet I still probably have more unanswered questions than you do because things I hear spark interest/questions that I feel the urge to pursue the truth rather than you hearing something and thinking it is either right or wrong and it ends at that.

It's funny because I listen to all different types of rap. I can go from listening to Immortal Technique to Freeway to Kendrick Lamar to Slaughterhouse.. I listen to rappers who talk about some of the same cliche topics other corny rappers like Waka, Gucci, etc talk about but the main difference is that they do it in a creative way. Same thing you were talking about with the Clipse, they rap about coke and money but they are creative/lyrical in the way they do it, which would also be "conscious" you idiot because many songs they talk about they are conscious of their actions of being drug dealers and the repercussions it carries.

those dudes dont rap about real sh*t, sh*t about life
Immortal Technique doesn't rap about real sh*t? Just because he doesn't talk about his own actions doesn't make it not real. If anything it is more real because he is talking on a global scale, things that are effecting millions of people and not just the soul of one remorseful drug dealer. Not saying that that it makes it better music than someone like Big Krit who is an amazing artist and lyrical. But to say that some of these people aren't talking about real life makes me want to a.ssume that you live in a little bubble in which you perceive to be the real world but in reality you seem to have no idea what is really going on.

By the way, if I wasn't getting paid at work right now I wouldn't even bothered replying because I a.ssume you are just a troll.

Last edited by efromthev; 08-01-2011 at 02:05 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #74
space
space
Musically and artistically he'd be able to keep that appeal, but the more people become familiar with him the more recognizable he'd be. That's all I'm saying.
 6 years ago '04        #75
efromthev 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,590 | Props total: 441 441
Phonte is very dope though.
Phonte is way overlooked by the masses but I don't really consider it a bad thing.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
36 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
35 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
89 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
193 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
vida guerra
84 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
86 comments
21 hours ago