i hate conscious rappers, theyre the biggest fakes in the game

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
53 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
150 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
194 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-22-2011, 03:05 PM         #41
Morphy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ThRoWeD MaN LaN said:
I was going to type a thought provoked rebuttal but decided not to, micseles did a decent enough job...

I agree some of the conscious rappers exaggerate their rhymes to make themselves seem more intelligent then they actually are but at the end of the day they are STILL RAPPERS. Name me one rapper who doesn't exaggerate in some way, whether it be their riches or intelligence.

Secondly, since I've begun listening to conscious rap I feel more self-aware. It makes me want to go pick up a book. It makes me want to learn the meaning of their stories, metaphors, or sometimes just the meaning of a word that I didn't know the definition of beforehand. It makes me want to read up on history so I can understand what has them so upset or whatnot. Before I started appreciating conscious rap, music just made me want to have an expensive grill and act like a gang-banger. Now I don't put rap as the sole blame but even if these conscious rappers are exaggerating I feel better listening to them in comparison to the other types of rappers.

Also, I've yet to listen to the Clipse seriously but that verse was pretty dope
There are people who make arguments saying music is destroying our youth and you're proving them right lol
 6 years ago '09        #42
LOONATIK 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,149 | Props total: 472 472
 J.R. Hyphy said:
the fact they've been labeled conscious is because they are conscious of themselves, and the World. Everyone is conscious but of different things when it comes to life.

this new sh*t is not Hip Hop so in spite of those who don't willfully exploit black culture they get put in the conscious box. (Common, Mos, talib, etc)

just because you rap about history and politics doesn't make you a revolutionary, [it doesn't make you "fake." threadstarter is misled and logic not sharp.
:applause::applause:
 ronin said:
Random Dude: Why you hate conscious rap?
Random Idiot: Becuz yo! n*gga's be uzing big words n sh*t all in dey sh*t, n*gga's don't be understanding dat sh*t, u feel me?
Random Dude: *walks away*
lol real sh*t..
 6 years ago '10        #43
GUNITZCAPO 
space
space
$4,004 | Props total: 9 9
common was the only one to me who kept it real....he got off alil bit but for the most part dat boy from chi was k!llin it...common sense.
 6 years ago '07        #44
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 ronin said:
i feel u, but thread-starter is more than likely a black male who values new shoes, clothes and pus*y over knowledge and growth. so thread-starter = complete dumb fu*k
2nd realest line in this thread

Son posted a youtube video of a rapper debating against a well trained and very knowledgeable political debater who with ease can articulate his point without it getting lost in translation...if mos did how he wanted to we would understand but not the folks sitting at the round table...he did a good job in my opinion and didn't get backed into a corner a la lupe

Last edited by KnicksLost; 07-22-2011 at 03:32 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #45
ThRoWeD MaN LaN 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,302 | Props total: 1495 1495
 Morphy said:
There are people who make arguments saying music is destroying our youth and you're proving them right lol
Well, those who make that argument are correct to an extent. When I used to listen to only mainstreamish Hip-Hop that is how it influenced me. I'm glad I grew out of it but I still have friends at home who idolize Wayne and Jeezy; walking around in their early 20's still acting like they're "gangsters" and sh*t.

Music is VERY influential... at least to some
 6 years ago '07        #46
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,384 | Props total: 16046 16046
 ronin said:
Random Dude: Why you hate conscious rap?
Random Idiot: Becuz yo! n*gga's be uzing big words n sh*t all in dey sh*t, n*gga's don't be understanding dat sh*t, u feel me?
Random Dude: *walks away*
that big words isht cracks me up..they might as well say..Im not smart enuff to understand those words
 6 years ago '11        #47
GangGreen227 42 heat pts42
space
space
$2,822 | Props total: 128 128
 Damagegadget said:
what exactly have jay and 50 done? ...tupac was a product of black panthers btw.... and if their message reaches 10,000 kids who would have otherwise ended up in prison thats not enuff?? While jay made kids think it was cool to sell crack? He better be givin back cause he is taking away a lot
lol tupac product of the black panthers fu*k outta here duke started the term studio gangsta made it cool for these lil kids to scream thug life and wear bandanas like they gangsta u n*ggas praise like he was the secound coming of jesus but he was fraud trying too hard to be hard never gave back to the community but he will give u a record about it tho fu*k outta here brenda gotta a baby aint gonna feed no kids intsead he was trying to r*pe brenda lol...jay and 50 are products of they enviroment actually gave back a whole lot to the communiy feed kids i clothed them and countless of other sh*t what has jay took away jay was no different from yo neighbor hood crack dealer that the kids already knew about "dont follow me youngin follow my moves im not a role model"

while u guys praise those so called concious rappers u should be praising the ones who are actually trying to make a difference ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.
 6 years ago '05        #48
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,830 | Props total: 4096 4096
Not touching this one....
 6 years ago '07        #49
space
space
 GangGreen227 said:
lol tupac product of the black panthers fu*k outta here duke started the term studio gangsta made it cool for these lil kids to scream thug life and wear bandanas like they gangsta u n*ggas praise like he was the secound coming of jesus but he was fraud trying too hard to be hard never gave back to the community but he will give u a record about it tho fu*k outta here brenda gotta a baby aint gonna feed no kids intsead he was trying to r*pe brenda lol...jay and 50 are products of they enviroment actually gave back a whole lot to the communiy feed kids i clothed them and countless of other sh*t what has jay took away jay was no different from yo neighbor hood crack dealer that the kids already knew about "dont follow me youngin follow my moves im not a role model"

while u guys praise those so called concious rappers u should be praising the ones who are actually trying to make a difference ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.
u missed what thug life meant... and who is u n*ggas cause Im not praisin no one sir... when and where did jay and 50 feed any one?? evidence or dead it... I saw a show where a doctor noticed a lot of bullet wound victims had get rich or die tryin tatted on them.... how exactly is that helping anything? and u may have missed my post about immortal technic too... jay and 50 got eighty time the money this cat does...but seems like he has done way more than those to combined when activism is concerned... is this a jay z line "dont follow me youngin follow my moves im not a role model"
or did you make that up...cause if he said it in a rap...he made a conscious effort to deter kids from that life...making him a, conscious rapper...uh oh...you can add jay z to your wack conscious rapper list

the term studio gangsta was around before pac btw..
 6 years ago '07        #50
PowerBar Ernie 107 heat pts107
space
space
$5,899 | Props total: 1214 1214
 GangGreen227 said:

I think you should watch Tupac Resurrection, you'll get a better understanding to what thug life meant and what he was doing for the community.
 6 years ago '04        #51
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,183 | Props total: 3329 3329
So you mad at conscious rappers for not living conscious enough, but you not made at "gangster" or "trap" rappers for not living gangster or trap lives? Makes no sense homie, non at all.
 07-22-2011, 05:00 PM         #52
the player  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Damagegadget said:
what exactly have jay and 50 done? ...tupac was a product of black panthers btw.... and if their message reaches 10,000 kids who would have otherwise ended up in prison thats not enuff?? While jay made kids think it was cool to sell crack? He better be givin back cause he is taking away a lot
he told you 'sell drugs'?
NO
hov did that, so hopefully you aint have to through that

07-23-2011, 12:42 PM         #53
MissTatum  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
....but rick ross can talk about actually knowing notorious drug lords?.......... @ JUST "conscious" artists being "fake"...............

6 years ago '07        #54
space
space
 the player said:
he told you 'sell drugs'?
NO
hov did that, so hopefully you aint have to through that

when and where did you pull he told u sell drugs out of any of my words?
 07-23-2011, 02:06 PM         #55
the player  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Damagegadget said:
when and where did you pull he told u sell drugs out of any of my words?
"While jay made kids think it was cool to sell crack? He better be givin back cause he is taking away a lot"

dont respond
 6 years ago '11        #56
GangGreen227 42 heat pts42
space
space
$2,822 | Props total: 128 128
 the player said:
"While jay made kids think it was cool to sell crack? He better be givin back cause he is taking away a lot"

dont respond
 6 years ago '05        #57
J 39 heat pts39
space
space
$16,763 | Props total: 3214 3214
I don't hate conscious rappers, i just hate their fans.
 07-23-2011, 02:23 PM         #58
MadNigga4  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I still go the crib and see my n*ggaz on the corner
Chillin with the pounds on they waist, gettin old
Gettin round in the face and when I hang with them
They ask me if "The Minstrel Show" means I'm ashamed of them
Well - I can't say that I'm proud, but only sayin
Can't say I'm allowed to judge, I'm just glad to see you
Cause truth be told, if my records never sold
And I wasn't raised this bold, n*gga I would probably be you
I've been God blessed with the gift to make music
It took me all over the continent
But still got boys on the block and fam, smokin rock
So please, miss me with that conscious sh*t
I spent many a sleepless night because of it
Until I had to shake that sh*t off and reach the conclusion
That every now and then you gotta axe yourself
Do you really wanna win or just look good losin?
It's no illusion, yes yes
 08-01-2011, 12:02 PM         #59
DrX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ya man jay elect just proved me right
 6 years ago '07        #60
timdog 920 heat pts920
space
space
$30,457 | Props total: 14887 14887
common doing gap commercials

holiday in your hood

[video - click to view]

most conscious rapper just full of it
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
75 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
174 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
58 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago