i hate conscious rappers, theyre the biggest fakes in the game

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
23 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
96 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
72 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
267 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-22-2011, 07:52 AM         #21
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I feel what your saying and agree that some are bullsh*t, but you need to give examples' of who you consider fake,just sayin'.
Malice is so underrated too,imo.
 6 years ago '04        #22
BeatTycoon 268 heat pts268
space
space
$4,151 | Props total: 4 4
Yeah I really don't want to hear dudes like Common rapping about "revolution" when he's running around making corny romantic comedies with Queen Latifah and laid up in a damn mansion somewhere.
 6 years ago '07        #23
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,451 | Props total: 16226 16226
I agree to an extent...but you shoudl check immortal techniques history.... and yes some are as fake as these fake gangstas...so why not include fake gangsta's in the topic? and conscious rap transcends mos def and talib...I really don't even like either..
 07-22-2011, 09:56 AM         #24
Shawn James  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BeatTycoon said:
Yeah I really don't want to hear dudes like Common rapping about "revolution" when he's running around making corny romantic comedies with Queen Latifah and laid up in a damn mansion somewhere.
so you'd rather him with a hood rat in a crack house? common is a sell out, i get that. The movies, the gap commercials ect. but what would you rather him be doing? At least he still puts out dope hip hop music.

This is what I don't get about rap fans, or maybe just internet rap fans... if you don't like something who the fu*k cares.... don't like it, people aren't jamming conscious rap down your throat on the radio and mtv all day.... like they do drake, minaj, wayne, ross and so on. The sh*t hardly has a fu*king audience anymore...

this thread is whats wrong with hiphop. complaining just to complain.
 6 years ago '06        #25
bugsysgd 
space
space
$1,076 | Props total: 1 1
immortal technique probably the only "conscious" rapper i can think of that actually live what he speaks, he went and started a school in Afghanistan, to help out the kids over there i can't say to many other do that.
 6 years ago '04        #26
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,564 | Props total: 2835 2835
Its not about whether you live your lyrics 100% or not

its more about the message you put out with the platform that you have. These n*ggas got a portion of the publics ear, so what are you filling it with now that n*ggas is listening

Now obviously its a bad look if you blatantly contradict your lyrics like kweli do when he makes Brown skinned lady then be hunting for white bi*ches after the show

But to me I think most conscious rappers arent that hypocritical. We all got flaws at the end of the day but you still want to teach the best ideals
 6 years ago '11        #27
spittapilottalk 44 heat pts44
space
space
$7,054 | Props total: 2 2
this is the most retarded logic ever.
 6 years ago '04        #28
BeatTycoon 268 heat pts268
space
space
$4,151 | Props total: 4 4
 Shawn James said:
so you'd rather him with a hood rat in a crack house? common is a sell out, i get that. The movies, the gap commercials ect. but what would you rather him be doing? At least he still puts out dope hip hop music.

This is what I don't get about rap fans, or maybe just internet rap fans... if you don't like something who the fu*k cares.... don't like it, people aren't jamming conscious rap down your throat on the radio and mtv all day.... like they do drake, minaj, wayne, ross and so on. The sh*t hardly has a fu*king audience anymore...

this thread is whats wrong with hiphop. complaining just to complain.
Hood rats in a crackhouse? Naw dude that would be retarded. But what makes being a pseudo-revolutionary so honorable?

And complaining has absolutely nothing to do with what's wrong with hip-hop. That doesn't even make sense. People don't even want to complain anymore because everyone is afraid of being labeled a hater and thus we accept sh*ttier music in the process. I'm old enough to remember a time when the term "player hater" didn't exist, and you were free to criticize music without some smug little prick justifying every speck of passionless garbage that these artists put out.
 07-22-2011, 11:31 AM         #29
cheguevara  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tacuna 320 said:
fu*k your opinion suge, you k!lled tupac
 6 years ago '07        #30
space
space
I mean one thing to the media is not tryin to give these cats a podium ya feel me...they are prolly all active in one way or another....but I see what ya sayin...cause some people ride that conscious hip hop band wagon too...good music is good music. At the same time however creating awareness thru music is inspiration too...if that rapper inspires a gangsta to stop robbin and k!llin..thats a big accomplishment. The thing too is some of these conscious rappers are more gangsta than your fav gangsta rappers.... jeru the damaja was actually pretty violent...I heard stories about this fool punchin cats left and right at shows..
 07-22-2011, 01:02 PM         #31
DrX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 introspekt757 said:
just because a conscious rapper doesn't know everything about a topic doesn't make him a fraud.. it just means he doesn't know it all.

social issues and street issues are equally important, it's all a matter of where you sit... there's starving folks in the hood and there's starving folks in Africa. We got thieves on the block and thieves in corporate offices.. nothing wrong with speaking out on both.

The culture is big enough for both types of artists to coexist. We need a Mos Def just as much as we need a Styles P.
u missed my point, im not talking about him having a deep knowledge of the streets...its indepth for the fact he showed the ability to honesty a.ssess his life from every angle...he was brutally honest ...it shows true introspection and honest self analyzing
 6 years ago '07        #32
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 EDEEZY77 said:
I feel what your saying and agree that some are bullsh*t, but you need to give examples' of who you consider fake,just sayin'.
Malice is so underrated too,imo.
this and till TS provides example that doesn't include someone passing judgement on another based on a youtube video..shut da fu*k up!
 6 years ago '07        #33
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 spittapilottalk said:
realest post in this thread
 6 years ago '05        #34
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,727 | Props total: 2180 2180
shut that sh*t up n*gga..

u just a dumb n*gga who dont like it when a rapper make u feel dumb...
 6 years ago '09        #35
LOONATIK 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,150 | Props total: 472 472
 spittapilottalk said:
this. Niccas in here actually in here having a full blown conversation on it too. Music will never be able to be just music, and thats sad. If you dont like it, dont listen.
 6 years ago '05        #36
Sivraj 328 heat pts328
space
space
$45,960 | Props total: 10887 10887
Same sh*t could be said for gangsta rappers and all that. The thing of it is, theirs different styles of rappers. Sometimes they could be too preachy and stuff but that's just their style of music. I still listen to it til this day cause it enlightens me and educates me and stuff.
 6 years ago '11        #37
GangGreen227 42 heat pts42
space
space
$2,822 | Props total: 128 128
fu*k them concious rappers they dont do sh*t like jay say all u get in return is alot of lip....i find it funny that the dudes who dont talk about that sh*t like jay,50..etc give more to the community than all of those fakes like mos def,kweli,2pac,nas put together
 6 years ago '07        #38
space
space
 Gm0ney85 said:
shut that sh*t up n*gga..

u just a dumb n*gga who dont like it when a rapper make u feel dumb...
 6 years ago '07        #39
space
space
 GangGreen227 said:
fu*k them concious rappers they dont do sh*t like jay say all u get in return is alot of lip....i find it funny that the dudes who dont talk about that sh*t like jay,50..etc give more to the community than all of those fakes like mos def,kweli,2pac,nas put together
what exactly have jay and 50 done? ...tupac was a product of black panthers btw.... and if their message reaches 10,000 kids who would have otherwise ended up in prison thats not enuff?? While jay made kids think it was cool to sell crack? He better be givin back cause he is taking away a lot
 6 years ago '11        #40
spittapilottalk 44 heat pts44
space
space
$7,054 | Props total: 2 2
 Damagegadget said:
what exactly have jay and 50 done? ...tupac was a product of black panthers btw.... and if their message reaches 10,000 kids who would have otherwise ended up in prison thats not enuff?? While jay made kids think it was cool to sell crack? He better be givin back cause he is taking away a lot
basically..
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
111 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
110 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
30 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
73 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
115 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy