i hate conscious rappers, theyre the biggest fakes in the game

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
35 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
38 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTensionCord Got Sent To Prison Cause He Post Court Info On IG & His..
17 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
20 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-22-2011, 03:31 AM         #1
7432 pageviews
82 comments

DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i hate conscious rappers, theyre the biggest fakes in the game

these dudes corny and say the same repetitive cliche bullsh*t...they rap about topics that tool hispters relate to...its all pseudo intellectual sh*t...they try to sound introspective by talking about the struggles of poor people, revolution and mentioning famous historical figures that they dont know nothing about.

lets be real, these dudes dont know sh*t about real revolution or care about how people struggle...these dudes arent no different from gangsta rappers...they make money, blow trees and fu*k bi*ches...these guys make six figs a year and live a real comfortable life. they found a demographic of posers to exploit and make paper off. they cater to the pseudo revolutionary crowd that always preach about the struggles of the poor but dont do nothing to help. lets be real, conscious rap fans dont give a sh*t about disfranchised people, they just think listening to music about social issues make them a "deep thinker"

those dudes dont rap about real sh*t, sh*t about life...listen to the clispe for example...those dudes truly are introspective. most people write them off a.ss drug dealing rappers but listen to the lyrics closely...malice line

"Rappers is talking to me as if (come on)
We in the same boat I tell them quick no I move Coke! (uh uhh)
And you and I don't share no common bond,
So forgive me if I don't recieve you with open arms (No)
It shames me to no end,
To feed poison to those who could very well be my kin (uh huh)
But where there's demand, someone will supply
So I feed them their needs at the same time cry
Yes it pains me to see them need this
All of them lost souls and I'm their Jesus
Deepest regret and sympathy to the street
I see them pay for they fix when they kids couldn't eat (so sorry)
And with this in mind, I still didn't quit
And that's how I know, that I aint sh*t (I aint sh*t)
My heart bleed but that's aside from the fact,
I live from my kids and theirs and them youngins after that "

now thats a real example in-depth thought, very real and brutally honest...unlike the same ol "lets save the poor" "lets start a revolution" rap that common, mos and talib do. lol u think those guys wanna give up their comfortable lives to f!ght for the people???

yall call the commercial rappers "coons" but at-least they're honest and dont come across as wolves in a sheep clothing

on a closing note heres ur intellectual hero at work

[video - click to view]

82 comments for "i hate conscious rappers, theyre the biggest fakes in the game"

07-22-2011, 03:33 AM         #2
the player  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"its all pseudo intellectual sh*t...they try to sound introspective by talking about the struggles of poor people, revolution and mentioning famous historical figures that they dont know nothing about."

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #4
SickaMorStyle 402 heat pts402
space
space
$3,994 | Props total: 1 1
I wonder what JaRules thoughts are on this.

dope

[video - click to view]

Last edited by SickaMorStyle; 07-22-2011 at 03:45 AM..
 6 years ago '11        #6
Giovanni Cassa 48 heat pts48
space
space
$3,829 | Props total: 219 219
I don't hate on them.We need diversity of topics in the hip-hop world.

What I hate though are those people that think listening to Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Immortal Technique etc. makes the need to read some books, do some research and think for themselves obsolete.And they also display an air of superiority, thinking they're smarter and better than anyone else just because they listen to conscious rap.

Last edited by Giovanni Cassa; 07-22-2011 at 03:48 AM..
 6 years ago '10        #7
ATL 770 
space
space
space
$183 | Props total: 101 101
 lucas white said:
I don't hate on them.We need diversity of topics in the hip-hop world.

What I hate though are those people that think listening to Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Immortal Technique etc. makes the need to read some books, do some research and think for themselves obsolete.And they also display an air of superiority, thinking they're smarter and better than anyone else just because they listen to conscious rap.

6 years ago '05        #8
A-Dot 25 heat pts25
space
space
$1,840 | Props total: 792 792
 Armen87 said:

6 years ago '04        #9
certifiedplaya1 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,365 | Props total: 162 162
Used to like conscious rap, now i think its 100% lame
 6 years ago '11        #10
Suge Knight 44 heat pts44
space
space
$517 | Props total: 31 31
Good points T/S

My issue is that they're the biggest haters. Always crying about the state of hip hop, when it's really jealousy.

Imma fan of Mos Def & Common but for some reason that nicca Talib Kwali real corny to me. i dont know.... something about his face. I would love to put the beats on that fragile nicca
 6 years ago '07        #11
tacuna 320 12 heat pts12
space
space
$4,126 | Props total: 1350 1350
fu*k your opinion suge, you k!lled tupac
 6 years ago '10        #12
SickaMorStyle 402 heat pts402
space
space
$3,994 | Props total: 1 1
 tacuna 320 said:
 6 years ago '06        #13
introspekt757 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,749 | Props total: 62 62
just because a conscious rapper doesn't know everything about a topic doesn't make him a fraud.. it just means he doesn't know it all.

DrX said:
those dudes dont rap about real sh*t, sh*t about life...listen to the clispe for example...those dudes truly are introspective. most people write them off a.ss drug dealing rappers but listen to the lyrics closely...malice line
social issues and street issues are equally important, it's all a matter of where you sit... there's starving folks in the hood and there's starving folks in Africa. We got thieves on the block and thieves in corporate offices.. nothing wrong with speaking out on both.

The culture is big enough for both types of artists to coexist. We need a Mos Def just as much as we need a Styles P.

Last edited by introspekt757; 07-22-2011 at 06:43 AM..
 6 years ago '05        #14
micseles 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,782 | Props total: 4275 4275
cant hate on conscious rappers, i have a deep appreciation for people who realize the opportunity they have as rappers to potentially reach millions of listeners and influence a positive change.

Think about it like this, where else in the history of everything has a young, more than likely undereducated as a youth, BLACK person get the opportunity to showcase their intellegence, speak to potentially millions of listeners about anything thats on their mind? You try to grab a mic and yell out whats bothering you about society or in the streets of your home town at a town hall meeting, hell even a local park and see how long it takes for police to come cart you away. Hiphop is potentially a powerful tool.

Id rather guys like common, or mos/kweli spend the majority of their careers trying to educate, then spend it spewing dumb a.ss non-sense bout a trap, what they sippin on, or who they fu*king.

Its literally rappers out there with 1000's of recorded tracks and material that havnt said one thing to suggest that they are even remotely intellegent or aware of whats going in the world.

You make some good points, some rappers do overboard with the preaching and some arent as knowledgable and informed as they may want us to think they are, but at the very least you cant fault them for trying to show that this generation is more than just alcohol sippin, weed smoking, pill popping, club hopping, mindless, vapid shells chasing a high. We actually have somthing to say
 6 years ago '11        #15
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,342 | Props total: 8511 8511
 tacuna 320 said:
 6 years ago '10        #16
ThRoWeD MaN LaN 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,310 | Props total: 1502 1502
I was going to type a thought provoked rebuttal but decided not to, micseles did a decent enough job...

I agree some of the conscious rappers exaggerate their rhymes to make themselves seem more intelligent then they actually are but at the end of the day they are STILL RAPPERS. Name me one rapper who doesn't exaggerate in some way, whether it be their riches or intelligence.

Secondly, since I've begun listening to conscious rap I feel more self-aware. It makes me want to go pick up a book. It makes me want to learn the meaning of their stories, metaphors, or sometimes just the meaning of a word that I didn't know the definition of beforehand. It makes me want to read up on history so I can understand what has them so upset or whatnot. Before I started appreciating conscious rap, music just made me want to have an expensive grill and act like a gang-banger. Now I don't put rap as the sole blame but even if these conscious rappers are exaggerating I feel better listening to them in comparison to the other types of rappers.

Also, I've yet to listen to the Clipse seriously but that verse was pretty dope
 6 years ago '06        #17
MissLoveOne 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,129 | Props total: 42 42
 introspekt757 said:
just because a conscious rapper doesn't know everything about a topic doesn't make him a fraud.. it just means he doesn't know it all.
Right, and just because they're conscious doesn't mean they're perfect either. They're human too. Just like all the rappers these folks here like. They never said they weren't going to mess up or be wrong. And artist like Mos Def, Kwali, Common ect....aren't the only examples of what conscious rappers are either. There's plenty of street poets who are just as conscious. They just don't do it in the style of the rappers named above.
 07-22-2011, 06:27 AM         #18
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Real rebels don't live that long.

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '06        #19
MissLoveOne 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,129 | Props total: 42 42
 Joe Budden said:
Real rebels don't live that long.
I don't know about that. I think Pac brought his untimely death upon himself. Not because of beefs, but because he kinda spoke that into existence for himself. You know the saying, life and death is in the power of the tounge. Words hold a lot of power. And he spoke a lot about his own death, his own mortality. I'm not saying he deserved to die or anything. But when you speak that from your own mouth, it's not hard to think that those words would eventually, at some point, tempt your fate. Yes, the good do die young. But what you put out is also what you get back. Even Biggie named his debut album Ready To Die. I don't know anyone who's ready to do that before their time.
 07-22-2011, 07:45 AM         #20
MissTatum  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 introspekt757 said:

social issues and street issues are equally important, it's all a matter of where you sit... there's starving folks in the hood and there's starving folks in Africa. We got thieves on the block and thieves in corporate offices.. nothing wrong with speaking out on both.

The culture is big enough for both types of artists to coexist. We need a Mos Def just as much as we need a Styles P.

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
87 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
121 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
319 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
35 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
172 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Death of Barry Sherman (Apotex founder) and his wife, December 15, 2017
21 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
114 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy