What do you think of Direct Sales/Network Marketing? And why?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
96 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
99 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
78 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-21-2011, 11:54 AM         #1
6812 pageviews
142 comments

DaAlmighty1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What do you think of Direct Sales/Network Marketing? And why?

I feel like a lot of people have negative thoughts on the industry, but I'm not sure why. This industry has created more millionaires than any other industry out there. People are so quick to work a job and build someone else's dream, but they never want to work for themselves. Think about it...the CEO of the company you work for is happy as hell right now because you are working your a.ss off and he/she makes all the money. If you think you're gonna be the CEO of your company one day and the CEO is not a family member of yours, then you are not being realistic with yourself. So please, let me know what you think about the industry.

142 comments for "What do you think of Direct Sales/Network Marketing? And why?"

07-21-2011, 03:50 PM         #2
DaAlmighty1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Interesting...no negative or positive comments
 6 years ago '07        #3
celticsdada 
space
space
$160 | Props total: 0 0
U mean a pyramid schmeme type of things? no thanks. What company are you looking at? And NO...you're paid a salary to do a job, either your employer making or losing money, you'd still get paid.
 6 years ago '10        #4
phillyfirst215 
space
space
$267 | Props total: 6 6
 DaAlmighty1 said:
I feel like a lot of people have negative thoughts on the industry, but I'm not sure why. This industry has created more millionaires than any other industry out there. People are so quick to work a job and build someone else's dream, but they never want to work for themselves. Think about it...the CEO of the company you work for is happy as hell right now because you are working your a.ss off and he/she makes all the money. If you think you're gonna be the CEO of your company one day and the CEO is not a family member of yours, then you are not being realistic with yourself. So please, let me know what you think about the industry.
I'm involved in one myself but I really don't invest the time to work it. Others in my family have been extremely successful with it. The company is Tahitian Noni btw... Just
 6 years ago '05        #5
Poloi3eai2 
space
space
space
$2,985 | Props total: 1 1
Sounds like you got brainwashed by the "exclusive" meeting you were invited to.

The speaker usually gets you all hyped up into believing you're going to be your own boss and run your own business. He gets you so hyped up about running your own business that you forget the products you're actually selling. Usually some knockoff Energy drink, a scam financial investment, or no name household products. AND before you start selling you have to buy some yourself, so the guy who recruited you makes money off you. BUT to really make money you have to recruit people under you who will buy the company branded sh*t as well. It's an endless cycle and not a real business.
 07-22-2011, 09:38 AM         #6
DaAlmighty1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Poloi3eai2 said:
Sounds like you got brainwashed by the "exclusive" meeting you were invited to.

The speaker usually gets you all hyped up into believing you're going to be your own boss and run your own business. He gets you so hyped up about running your own business that you forget the products you're actually selling. Usually some knockoff Energy drink, a scam financial investment, or no name household products. AND before you start selling you have to buy some yourself, so the guy who recruited you makes money off you. BUT to really make money you have to recruit people under you who will buy the company branded sh*t as well. It's an endless cycle and not a real business.
Sounds like you've been got in the past. What if the product was just something that people ACTUALLY USED EVERYDAY? What if the product was cell phones from all the major cell phone companies at a discount? What if YOU yourself didn't have to buy any of the products?
 07-22-2011, 09:42 AM         #7
DaAlmighty1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I agree that people should definitely watch out for companies that sell products that people don't even use. They have all these lotions and potions and stuff people don't even care about. And the fact that you have to buy products not once, but EVERY MONTH is ridiculous. Do people not realize that we're in the middle of one of the worst, if not THE worst, recession in US history. Why would someone go out of their way to buy products that they don't need.
 07-22-2011, 09:52 AM         #8
DaAlmighty1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 celticsdada said:
U mean a pyramid schmeme type of things? no thanks. What company are you looking at? And NO...you're paid a salary to do a job, either your employer making or losing money, you'd still get paid.
Hahaha...no I'm not talking about a pyramid scheme although there are companies out there that try to disguise themselves as direct selling companies. You will always know which ones ones are legit and which ones aren't by checking 2 places:

Direct Selling a.ssociation (DSA.org)
Better Business Bureau (BBB.org)

These are the only places that will let you know if a company is legit or not. Keep in mind all the companies aren't the same.

And when you work a job, all you do is help the founder and/or CEO make more money. Regardless of how hard you work you're not going to make that much more money. You may get a 3% raise but that's it. I work in corporate america right now and honestly, these dudes don't care about anyone but themselves. In network marketing, depending on what team you're a part of, you're working as a team. I make sure my team eats and when I do that, i make money too. If you're not about helping others eat, then network marketing is definitely not for you because the more you help others, the more successful you become. Nobody has become rich working a job. I CAN GUARANTEE YOU THAT.
 07-22-2011, 02:06 PM         #9
ahenson  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
network marketing is a scam nicca accept the reality. u thought them companies didnt have ceos 2? bring me one network marketing cats tax return and show me them grossing even $60k plus a year. guillable a.ss nicca.
Tastemaker331 gave props

07-22-2011, 03:09 PM         #10
DaAlmighty1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Haha...i was waiting for someone to say that. How would you like me to prove that to you? How about this...you show me your check and I'll show you mine? Don't catch any hard feelings though because I don't have to get out of my seat anymore or lift a finger and I'm going to continue make $$ residually while many people out there with closed minds work until they're 80. I work in Corporate America and I bank $55k a year but guess what, I'm making close to that in my network marketing business right now. The way i see it, why quit one of them when I can have income from both. I'll take $100k a year over $55k.

Oh and network marketing companies do have CEOs you're right. I'm one of them. Are you a CEO at your job? Learn how to make what you're worth. I know for a fact that most dudes on here are grinding, but they aren't getting paid for what they're worth. They get paid what their boss WANTS to pay them. If that's how you like to get paid, then that's your perogative, but I would say don't knock others on an issue that you seem to be completely ignorant on.

Here, do this...take a look at the Inc 500. It ranks the top 500 privately held companies in the US. Not sure if you know this or not, but Microsoft used to be a network marketing company before it went public. My company is private right now which is great because once I get a couple thousand shares of stock im gonna be set. And if I die, the residual income I make is going to go to my wife and kids. I'm not banking on Life Insurance because THAT'S A SCAM! They don't even give you all the money you're supposed to receive once a relative passes away. Too many people depend on the gov't. Not sure if you've noticed but jobs these days aren't safe. There are 14 million unemployed people in the US and that's rising quickly. God forbid, if you get fired, what is your backup plan? Find another job...and then go thru the same thing all over again. These jobs don't care about us. They only care about themselves. YOU'RE NOT IRREPLACEABLE!! They can easily go out and find someone who can do your job. Think about it.

Oh and I get to write everything off on my taxes for my BUSINESS. My cell phone, Directv, my house phone, my internet, my energy bills, AND my home security. Can you do the same? Listen, I'm not trying to show off. I just want people to realize there are legit network marketing companies out there and I've only been doing it for a little over a year! Granted there are A LOT of people making more than me in the company but my check goes up every month because I stay grindin and I'm only 26. I don't worry about other people in the company because they've been doing it longer than me or they're just better than me. But I know i'll get there eventually and when I do, I'm gonna make sure that my family and friends benefit from it. That's why so many people are broke these days because they are looking for JOBS, instead of starting their own business.
 07-22-2011, 03:13 PM         #11
DaAlmighty1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The main purpose of this is to educate people on the industry. It can be very tricky and it sounds like a lot of people got burned in the past, but you have to do your due diligence. If you're trying to make a million dollars, don't talk to someone who is always broke. TALK TO A MILLIONAIRE! That's what I do everyday. My mentor used to be a party promoter at Howard University and now this dude just smells like money (no homo). He's from Flatbush in Brooklyn so he came from humble beginnings, but he had an open mind and did his research. You just have to do the same thing.
 6 years ago '10        #12
82Koo 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,626 | Props total: 273 273
 ahenson said:
network marketing is a scam nicca accept the reality. u thought them companies didnt have ceos 2? bring me one network marketing cats tax return and show me them grossing even $60k plus a year. guillable a.ss nicca.
Im in a company called 5linx the services we have everyone uses regardless of the state of our economy period. Our next chapter we are diving into is energy (gas and electric) and i would love to hear from anyone on here that doesnt use this service. If you would like to know more inbox me. To all the jokers on here talking about scam this and scam that. Broke people will do anything possible to keep other broke people broke. I realized this isnt for everybody like the joker that i am replying too cause somebody has to cook the burgers at McDonald's it just wont be me.
 6 years ago '10        #13
82Koo 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,626 | Props total: 273 273
 DaAlmighty1 said:
The main purpose of this is to educate people on the industry. It can be very tricky and it sounds like a lot of people got burned in the past, but you have to do your due diligence. If you're trying to make a million dollars, don't talk to someone who is always broke. TALK TO A MILLIONAIRE! That's what I do everyday. My mentor used to be a party promoter at Howard University and now this dude just smells like money (no homo). He's from Flatbush in Brooklyn so he came from humble beginnings, but he had an open mind and did his research. You just have to do the same thing.
Tupac?

I feel you 10000% but n*ggas are gonna be n*ggas on boxden dont waste your time.
 07-22-2011, 04:01 PM         #14
DaAlmighty1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Interesting...our first positive comment not from me. Congrats Mr. Koo! I'll see you at the beaches of the world or better yet...THE BANK!
 07-22-2011, 04:01 PM         #15
DaAlmighty1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Tupac D. you already know!
 6 years ago '04        #16
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,807 | Props total: 1461 1461
These things are extremely 2 sided... but their extremely difficult... all the work you put into it you can basically start your own business... but I have seen both sides of these business dudes making extremely good money and dudes not making sh*t... its all about your team at the end of the day... you have to have people who are just like you and are willing to work hard, and chase the money... its extremely hard to find self motivated, intelligence, outgoing people (something that is pretty critical, u can be the hardest worker, but not be willing to meet anyone or promote products and u do sh*tty...)

When I was in one we all were grinding team got bigger and bigger, we tried to keep the team extremely close and together had weekly meetings and everything... then after a while life comes into play and people are missing, or job, school starts getting harder... its way too hard to depend on other people and I think that why I can't stand these things...
 07-22-2011, 05:10 PM         #17
DaAlmighty1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You are definitely right about that egotistical. Life is going to happen regardless. There are always going to be people that end up missing, decide to quit, and completely give up on themselves. That shouldn't stop you though. But like you said, the MOST IMPORTANT THING is to have a good team and form a bond with them. I think that's why most people don't like the industry though because they were victims of having a horrible team that didn't care about them. I'm part of the #1 team in my company and that's because we're all a big family. Do I know everyone in the team? NO...but i learn more about them each time i see them.
 07-22-2011, 08:39 PM         #18
ahenson  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man nicca i heard all that b4 miss me with the sales pitch. u on here trying to market the shyt because a piece of ur compensation comes from getting new blood.

look i aint speaking out the side of my a.ss i know plenty of dukes in there, all they do is talk and put up pictures holding a few hundred dollars and the hot ones drive the company cars.. so what..them niccas aint even liquid $5k.. . u niccas read too much rich dad poor dad books. with all that effort, start ur own goddamn business, sell real products or services u urself created. u aint no ceo nicca u under the company, they might consider u a contractor, etc, but u still under the company that u dnt own. u aint cuttin checks nicca.

only ignorant niccas think all jobs are bad, wtf u think this is. ive seen plenty of cats who doing $5-20million plus, who are employed, but make substantially good investments. not all jobs is mcdonalds nicca or some mid level five figures cubicle shyt. u dnt have to own a business to get tax write offs.

u prolly smooth lying about what u make in that scheme, but ill give u the benefit of the doubt. either way, less than .01% of catz in the bi*ch putting up real numbers THATS FACT!!. How u gna recruit a homie to that scam knowing u get a cut of his pay wants he hops on. U niccas is trecherous, only BROKE NICCAS hop on schemes like this trying to get fast $$. fu*k outta here. u asked 4 opinions, there it izzzz. i aint tryna get at u im just sayin duke...
 07-22-2011, 08:44 PM         #19
ahenson  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 82Koo said:
Im in a company called 5linx the services we have everyone uses regardless of the state of our economy period. Our next chapter we are diving into is energy (gas and electric) and i would love to hear from anyone on here that doesnt use this service. If you would like to know more inbox me. To all the jokers on here talking about scam this and scam that. Broke people will do anything possible to keep other broke people broke. I realized this isnt for everybody like the joker that i am replying too cause somebody has to cook the burgers at McDonald's it just wont be me.
niccas flippin burgers prolly make more than 5linx niccas. GTFOH. u sound like u just came back 4rm one of the conferences scrub.

aint no 5linx superstars on the forbes list nicca, aint none of yahll pushin' $1mill/year. i never seen a team of 5linx niccas pushin pagani zondas livin in boca raton.. u aint ballin nicca. u hope to be ballin, u was sold hope nicca. of course that shyt aint for everybody, everybody aint willing to get swindled. only niccas i give props to in the MLM is the founders, and niccas at the top of the pyramid, niccas like u are the losers in the game. get out while u can, unless u nearin' the top of the scam.
 6 years ago '07        #20
celticsdada 
space
space
$160 | Props total: 0 0
I just googled 5linx and guess what...the first couple results are scam warning/review threads. LMAO. Not again. Not these brainwashed college/hs drop outs people.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
54 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
114 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
28 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
138 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy