NBA 2K12 coverS: Jordan, Magic & Bird

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
134 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
57 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-21-2011, 10:33 AM         #21
Dr Seuss 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dee Grande said:

[pic - click to view]

olympic challenge?

laettner, robinson, barkley and mullin were the only people missing from 2K11, so it shouldnt be hard to do
 6 years ago '07        #22
theFREAK 3680 heat pts3680
space
space
$53,656 | Props total: 38447 38447
 6 years ago '05        #23
Dun Language 3970 heat pts3970
space
space
$75,843 | Props total: 30032 30032
I do the gamefly thing so it don't matter lol
 6 years ago '07        #24
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,441 | Props total: 8415 8415
fu*kin sick!!!!

i hope they have hakeem on this one
 6 years ago '05        #25
Afnorth123 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,422 | Props total: 247 247
prolly gonna get magic since jordan was on 11 and i got him..
 07-21-2011, 10:46 AM         #26
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im buying the larry bird cover...

gotta rep for the c's
 6 years ago '10        #27
SmoothTay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$26,589 | Props total: 30524 30524
Corny
 6 years ago '06        #28
Hussle 36 heat pts36
space
space
$4,698 | Props total: 248 248
that Jordan one is the nicest of the 3
 6 years ago '08        #29
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,357 | Props total: 271 271
When your last game cover features your sport's greatest player ever, what do you do for an encore? If you're 2K Sports, you get three of the greatest players ever. Michael Jordan will return as the cover star for NBA 2K12, and will be joined by Magic Johnson and Larry Bird. All three will receive their own cover, illustrated by the noted sports artist Adam Larson.
"We wanted to bring Michael Jordan back, but even if we wanted to do something different, I don't think we could have." said Jason Argent, the 2K Sports vice president of marketing, noting the expectations created by featuring such a player. "So our go was bringing Michael Jordan back, but then, how do you take it up a notch?"

For a generation of basketball fans, Larry, Magic and Michael are a holy trinity that defined the NBA over two decades, from Bird and Johnson's Celtics-Lakers rivalry of the 1980s to Jordan's championship dominance of the 1990s. Combined, the three won 15 NBA titles in a 19-year span.

Deploying three legends to sell the game is also a smart move considering the current state of the league. Unable to reach a new collective bargaining agreement, the NBA's ownership has locked out the players, and league watchers are pessimistic that the season will begin on time. Labor disputes are tremendously off-putting to fans, so featuring a current player would at minimum be a reminder of that and the fact he can't be seen in real-life action. Further, the most logical choice among current players would have been someone like Dirk Nowitzki, who is a champion and future hall-of-famer but as a player simply cannot follow Jordan's act.
Few can. At this time last year 2K Sports already faced questions of how it would or even could follow Jordan. So then Argent knows they'll have an even bigger task in an encore for these three.

"Do we fear getting pushed into a corner? Not at all," Argent said. "In a way it's a better viewpoint. You're not looking at the game of basketball from one point in time, you're looking at the whole game of basketball and its history."

Jordan's return to the cover raises the question of if "The Jordan Challenge," NBA 2K12's 10-game recreation of his most memorable performances ever, will also come back. Argent was deliberately vague.

"We have a bunch more stuff to share later. What I would say is, we're not going to rest on that," Argent said. "That was such a great thing for us, a great hit for the fans, and we want to bring that to the next level, and bring the key feature set to the next level. The details are forthcoming, but suffice to say, fans will not be disappointed."

A pre-order bonus could be a hint at what that might entail. Preorders will receive codes for two classic teams for use in the game, the 1990-1991 Golden State Warriors of Chris Mullin, Tim Hardaway and Mitch Richmond, and the 2000-2001 Sacramento Kings of Chris Webber, Vlade Divac and Jason Williams.

NBA 2K11 featured more than a dozen historic teams, primarily for "The Jordan Challenge" but usable throughout the game. These Warriors and Kings teams both lost to the Lakers in the Western Conference semifinals.

All three covers will be on shelves but, naturally, 2K Sports hopes that many fans will reserve a copy to ensure they pick up the one with their favorite player.

"We wanted to do something big and unique and make a departure from the traditional brand look," Argent said of the covers' visual styles and subjects. "We listen to our fans and what they want, and I think they spoke last year with the response to Michael Jordan. The fans we talk to have steered us in this direction."

run tmc

Last edited by iPunish901; 07-21-2011 at 11:02 AM..
 6 years ago '05        #30
micseles 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,757 | Props total: 4238 4238
must have the bird and magic covers!!! wonder if theyll have challenges for both of them like they did jordan on 2k11
 6 years ago '09        #31
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$48,925 | Props total: 22152 22152
I'm getting the bird. it's a wrap. good god
 6 years ago '05        #32
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,175 | Props total: 11699 11699
 6 years ago '04        #33
YngSwift 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,767 | Props total: 156 156
i swear yesterday i was thinking that larry bird would be on the cover and woke up today and seen that he is on the cover I just wasnt expecting 3 different covers...I was like jordan gettin all the shine on the cover what about larry bird he must be pissed off somewhere....he good now but doesnt matter to me cuz my copies dont come with covers or labels anyway......
 6 years ago '06        #34
Big Daddy K8806 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,409 | Props total: 29 29
 philly337 said:
Just hope they add some older teams....shaq/penny magic, hakeem the dream rockets, shaq/kobe lakers, zo/hardaway heat, zo/johnson hornets, robinson spurs, barkley suns, miller/smits pacers

Know they wont but atleast magic,rockets,lakers
would buy that in a heartbeat
 6 years ago '08        #35
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,357 | Props total: 271 271
 YngSwift said:
i swear yesterday i was thinking that larry bird would be on the cover and woke up today and seen that he is on the cover I just wasnt expecting 3 different covers...I was like jordan gettin all the shine on the cover what about larry bird he must be pissed off somewhere....he good now but doesnt matter to me cuz my copies dont come with covers or labels anyway......
 6 years ago '06        #36
Big Daddy K8806 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,409 | Props total: 29 29
They should do matching color schemes that bird would look crazy if it was all green
 6 years ago '09        #37
BiggCurt51 
space
space
$126 | Props total: 0 0
the real cover is magic and bird the greatest battle in history its a lakers vs celtics theme
 6 years ago '08        #38
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269 OP
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
imma preorder. i hope they release more dlc on top of it though. i want the 93 suns, 95 magic and 04 Pistons
 07-21-2011, 11:30 AM         #39
Youngray22 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
2k so lazy, they should be releasing dlc for each current 2k.
 6 years ago '05        #40
stanis3k 31 heat pts31
space
space
$4,530 | Props total: 272 272
looks like some of those fan made covers we had on this site like 2yrs ago, and ppl were saying meh 2k shld hire them.

looks like they were paying attention.

once again ill be going with the jordan cover
Home      

most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux - December 9?
1400 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Holy Camel T0e 19-year-old Model Sofia Richie In White Bikini
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago