J. Cole - Workout (Official Video)

most viewed right now
 62
audio inside Meek Previews New Song "What Beef".. Mentions Drake
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 61
2008-2018: The New Wave Where are they Now?
91 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 48
Article inside New photo of Jet Li's physical deterioration is astonishing
87 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 47
NBA Lebron James just PUBLICLY ETHERED Stephen Curry CAREER and TOOK HIS SOUL ..
68 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #121
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2744 2744
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 Hustle N Flow said:
Stop it 5....

them singles could be dropped in any era. 90s had nothin 2 do wit it!!


stop reachin


thats why Banks got plaques...and if Cole aint tryin 2 be commercial then whats da reason 4 Workout...?
at what point did i say he wasnt trying to be commercial

u picked two of the best singles from two of the goats n*gga cmon brah

banks was pushed with 50 cent... entirely different situation
 07-20-2011, 02:08 AM         #122
Hustle N Flow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 INF4MOUS said:
at what point did i say he wasnt trying to be commercial

u picked two of the best singles from two of the goats n*gga cmon brah

banks was pushed with 50 cent... entirely different situation

How is the situation different when Cole is under Jay....? the one wit more connects in the industry

hott muzik is hott muzik... y u tryin 2 undercut Banks cause he's smart enough to use resources that are available too him

vs Cole aka I Dont Need No Help


thats the main problem rite there... Cole got 2 much pride, so im not buyin that excuse

Cole cant blame nobody but him self :sadcam:


& you dont gotta be the goat 2 drop a hott single!!

look at Wiz Black & Yellow, Big Sean "I Do It", Jeezy "Flexin", Drake "I'm On One" or "Marvin's Room"
 07-20-2011, 03:57 AM         #123
VizionProd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hustle N Flow said:
How is the situation different when Cole is under Jay....? the one wit more connects in the industry

hott muzik is hott muzik... y u tryin 2 undercut Banks cause he's smart enough to use resources that are available too him

vs Cole aka I Dont Need No Help


thats the main problem rite there... Cole got 2 much pride, so im not buyin that excuse

Cole cant blame nobody but him self :sadcam:


& you dont gotta be the goat 2 drop a hott single!!

look at Wiz Black & Yellow, Big Sean "I Do It", Jeezy "Flexin", Drake "I'm On One" or "Marvin's Room"
The only dope tracks out of those singles is 'I'm On One', Marvin's Room & 'I Do It'.. But the reason Drake has it easy to make a single is cos his sound in general is appealing to the mainstream before he even tried to get it made for the radio.. Big Sean same thing.. What he makes normally is already appealing to the mainstream, he just needs to sweeten it up a little & it's a hit.. On the other hand, Cole's music in general does in no way appeal to the mainstream.. If you heard dude's discography you would know that.. & the closest thing Cole has to a single is 'In The Morning' which is a track with Drake.. Cole actually wanted 'Lost Ones' as a single.. That woulda been so dope with a video..
 7 years ago '06        #124
Hussle 36 heat pts36
space
avatar space
space
$4,708 | Props total: 255 255
 Hustle N Flow said:
More excuses, cause at the end of the day if he had real talent..

Cole would get creative... examples:


Juicy, One More Chance- Biggie

Still Not A Playa - Pun

On Fire, I'm So Fly, Karma

Smile, Dont Deserve, Start It Up -Banks


so J Dot aint the only one in the muzik biz, that gotta make a single the label wanna push...so again Cole might not be built 4 this

cause what legend/star you know that cant create a make a hott single....?

them biggie and pun songs came out in the 90s, this a different music scene


them Banks songs dope but he had Buzz from Gunit that helped him alot..

and Cole aint even dropped his debut yet...give him a chance to make a "classic"
 7 years ago '05        #125
ondareal 
space
avatar space
space
$2,695 | Props total: 1627 1627
 Hustle N Flow said:
Do you not see the problem wit that...?

Its more than me judging off one song. Its a song thats pose put his career in a good space.


Do you follow/listen 2 the greats: Nas, Jay, Ghostface, Prodigy, AZ, Pun, Common, Blackstar and so on.

& think this Workout single can stand up to Ye's "Through The Wire", AZ's "Sugar Hill"


at the end of da day this hip-hop, an artist gotta japp on da 1st single :cool-smiley-009:

not come wit sub-par garbage


which he's being doing
All those rappers had great singles that fit they time period. Even "through the wire" came at a time when soul sampling was the biggest thing poppin. This track is actually a good balance between todays "bouncy in the club" sound and Coles raw hip hop nature. Im actually likin the direction he takin. If he wanted to remain underground forever he shouldnt have signed to a major label. There is NOTHING wrong wit making your music marketable, especially not when yo music is boring even on a underground level, such as cole.
 7 years ago '06        #126
LGK 35 heat pts35
space
avatar space
space
$6,701 | Props total: 1250 1250
 Hustle N Flow said:
Nahlij ^

2 bad coulda, shoulda, woulda doesnt work in da muzik industry....
ima fan of cole n the song is ok and the video is mediocre, but there is way more bad/mediocre videos/songs out there other than Jcole's "workout". i'm pretty sure a lot of people saying you hatin cause you have that "AHA!! see!! see!!! i got him" vibe with the point you trying to make
 07-20-2011, 02:14 PM         #127
Hustle N Flow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VizionProd said:
The only dope tracks out of those singles is 'I'm On One', Marvin's Room & 'I Do It'.. But the reason Drake has it easy to make a single is cos his sound in general is appealing to the mainstream before he even tried to get it made for the radio.. Big Sean same thing.. What he makes normally is already appealing to the mainstream, he just needs to sweeten it up a little & it's a hit.. On the other hand, Cole's music in general does in no way appeal to the mainstream.. If you heard dude's discography you would know that.. & the closest thing Cole has to a single is 'In The Morning' which is a track with Drake.. Cole actually wanted 'Lost Ones' as a single.. That woulda been so dope with a video..
Well okay thats cool...

ppl just need 2 stop comparin him 2 rap legends Nas, than i wouldnt have a problem wit dude.

cause you cant dont that, then turn around blamin mainstream. cause Cole strugglin 2 make a hit single


thats a cop out and you know it

if Coley Cole was as talented as you say he is. he'd play ball drop da single , then spazz out on the album


& what discography u speak of...? mixtape material :jacmonson:

cant rock wit that...wit da all hype fam has received Cole gotta do more than solid mixtapes


Last edited by Hustle N Flow; 07-20-2011 at 02:17 PM..
 07-20-2011, 02:39 PM         #128
Hustle N Flow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Legit1 said:
This n*gga got no swag like damn:lachen001:

He looks so fu*king akward
yea he does


like i said b4 Jermaine might not be built 4 this.


fam got Ron Artest swag:



[video - click to view]


(2:45)

 07-20-2011, 07:08 PM         #129
Hustle N Flow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ondareal said:
All those rappers had great singles that fit they time period. Even "through the wire" came at a time when soul sampling was the biggest thing poppin. This track is actually a good balance between todays "bouncy in the club" sound and Coles raw hip hop nature. Im actually likin the direction he takin. If he wanted to remain underground forever he shouldnt have signed to a major label. There is NOTHING wrong wit making your music marketable, especially not when yo music is boring even on a underground level, such as cole.
I agree partly wit this post

but i wit me i dis-like the direction he's going.... cause an artist 1st single should make the listener jaws drop #pause


this Workout song doesnt do that

its the total opposite... & i have no problems wit an artist like J. Cole tryin 2 grab some mass appeal.

but the material still has 2 be good at the end of da day
 7 years ago '07        #130
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2744 2744
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 Hustle N Flow said:
How is the situation different when Cole is under Jay....? the one wit more connects in the industry

hott muzik is hott muzik... y u tryin 2 undercut Banks cause he's smart enough to use resources that are available too him

vs Cole aka I Dont Need No Help


thats the main problem rite there... Cole got 2 much pride, so im not buyin that excuse

Cole cant blame nobody but him self :sadcam:


& you dont gotta be the goat 2 drop a hott single!!

look at Wiz Black & Yellow, Big Sean "I Do It", Jeezy "Flexin", Drake "I'm On One" or "Marvin's Room"
 07-20-2011, 07:31 PM         #131
Hustle N Flow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^
Tell me im lying

Cole prides his self on workin alone: production, not colabing wit jay enuff


so you can play dumb all u want

his pride go be his downfall

#watch


who told Cole he was Just Blaze or Kanye anyways
 07-20-2011, 07:42 PM         #132
Hustle N Flow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rai09 said:
ima fan of cole n the song is ok and the video is mediocre, but there is way more bad/mediocre videos/songs out there other than Jcole's "workout". i'm pretty sure a lot of people saying you hatin cause you have that "AHA!! see!! see!!! i got him" vibe with the point you trying to make
well the sh*t just funny 2 me :lachen001:

just peep the situation.... Cole was hyped as the next Nas


but drops the Workout as his 1st official single :jacmonson:

somethin not adding up


& as a fan of hip-hop, I got a rite to call his sub-par a.ss out on it :nasmad:
 07-20-2011, 07:48 PM         #133
Ca$h Out  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Its getting to a point were its obvious he's just hating and trolling...

needed a laugh.
 07-20-2011, 07:49 PM         #134
AbsLikeJesus  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can anyone honestly take the criticism seriously when they can't even write in proper english? lmao. Think about the demographics of the people that are hating and you'll see why Cole doesn't bother to listen to his haters hahah
 7 years ago '04        #135
fabolous111 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$309 | Props total: 11 11
Perfect 106 and Park Going straight to the top....told his story too nobody knew who he was he gone blow up...Carolina Stand up
 7 years ago '10        #136
trill jackson 832 heat pts832
space
avatar space
space
$20,988 | Props total: 23046 23046
you never get a second chance to make a 1st impression i believe a new artist should go hard in the beginning and then show the commercial side (with the visuals) he doesn't want the fans to view him as a pop artist. mase was murda mase in the beginning but he was introduced to the industry as a pop guy, which hurt his chances of spitting the street sh*t afterward. cool j on the other hand introduced himself as a ladies man who could get gritty. that's why the mainstream accepted both sides of him. workout is too ambitious imo. the mainstream don't know him like that, i think the lost one joint would have been a much better single and video
 07-20-2011, 08:10 PM         #137
Hustle N Flow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 trill jackson said:
you never get a second chance to make a 1st impression i believe a new artist should go hard in the beginning and then show the commercial side (with the visuals) he doesn't want the fans to view him as a pop artist. mase was murda mase in the beginning but he was introduced to the industry as a pop guy, which hurt his chances of spitting the street sh*t afterward. cool j on the other hand introduced himself as a ladies man who could get gritty. that's why the mainstream accepted both sides of him. workout is too ambitious imo. the mainstream don't know him like that, i think the lost one joint would have been a much better single and video
truth.com
 07-20-2011, 08:18 PM         #138
AbsLikeJesus  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He already released Who Dat...and it didn't work
 7 years ago '10        #139
trill jackson 832 heat pts832
space
avatar space
space
$20,988 | Props total: 23046 23046
it mystifies me how artists fu*k up the 1st single. hove chose change clothes to start off the black album. it was the worst fu*kin song! i think i got a better ear than these n*ggas. i truly think i could do a better job of picking singles than these executive producers
 7 years ago '10        #140
LORD PLISSKEN 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$21,015 | Props total: 8032 8032
trash...
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 29
Ms Vicky gives my blicky a stiffy with them titties
61 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 23
Video inside Russians catching up on the the Culture too now, Jheeeeeeeze!!
67 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 20
Video inside I’ll take “things a brotha wouldn’t do” for $200 Alex
155 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 16
Video inside Slut Amber Rose meets the Slut Maker
61 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 8
May 20 - Europeans Clown US Gun Violence & The NRA - #MAGA
140 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 8
Are there any pod casters amongst us?
45 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
 7
Image(s) inside Name a movie engraved in popular culture that you never seen
161 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 6
Image(s) inside Arab girls are leveling up too(got a booty and curves)
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy