NFL Todd Todd Todd Mcshay first mock.
48 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
73 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-16-2011, 04:21 PM         #161
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KnicksLost said:
that argument is not flawed...it was a good album but not his best is all I'm saying...when I ask my friends who a jigga stans what's his best album they automatically say the blueprint with reasonable doubt after...they're in the 24-30 year old range if you think they're young boys that weren't around when reasonable doubt dropped
It is flawed and narrow minded and something that will be forgotten in 20 years or so.

Art is subjective so they are entitled to their opinion...

They're just wrong.

"Reasonable Doubt" is Jay's greatest work to date and is what he'll be remembered for after were both dead and gone.

RD along with "Illmatic" and a few others are the absolute pinnacle of the art form up to this point(at this stage it's already in it's Rock N Roll in the 70's esqe decline into becoming dried up and exploited to it's death).

Last edited by Illstreet; 07-16-2011 at 04:24 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #162
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,867 | Props total: 13663 13663
Are we using record sales more than album quality in this discussion? I'm shocked at ppl tryna minimize Ether and it's aftermath. Super Ugly and Take Over? Does NOT even begin to compare, far as i see it, only camel stans still have that etched in their brain. Ether will forever go down as 1 of the best diss songs ever, I'm a BIG PAC fan and its.......... somewhat better than Hit Em Up. Right when Hov had his foot on Nasir's neck and the game backing him, Nas

[video - click to view]

on dat a.ss and made Jay get real humble real quick! That sh*t left a stain on Hov's inner being that Bey can never wash away. He kilt that n*ggaz swag and erthang. Look @ the sh*t he putiin out and look @ Nas's music. Rich & Black is already timeless. Far as who won Hov overall, maybe. Nas became his employee and dropped gems also like this

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Thats the Hov I fu*ks with. All that H to to izoo sh*t, nah.

But Nas is the better emcee in my opinion but not by a long shot.
 6 years ago '07        #163
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 Karamu said:
Vol. 3 is easily Jay's worst album
I actually like Vol 3 better than Vol 2 and 1.......as far as god son is a very underrated album imo and stillmatic being overrated?...you can't be serious

StateProperty88 said:
homie jordan took a back seat to bird, magic, and isiah before he really got his shine, doesnt make him any less great and it doesnt make what he did when those guys left any less impressive

once again during that time it was east vs. west, death row vs. bad boy (which is why i cant give you full credit for lil kim because she had puff and big all on her sh*t), if you werent established or apart of those crews then you werent going to get shine and you pretty much showed it in the albums you posted
They were other guys selling records....death row and bad boy didn't have the game in a complete chokehold...It was written sold...If I ruled the world dominated 96 as a single.......from 88-96 they were a plethora of artist who dropped albums did there numbers and got recognition on a national scale

Illstreet said:
It is flawed and narrow minded and something that will be forgotten in 20 years or so.

Art is subjective so they are entitled to their opinion...

They're just wrong.

"Reasonable Doubt" is Jay's greatest work to date and is what he'll be remembered for after were both dead and gone.

RD along with "Illmatic" and a few others are the absolute pinnacle of the art form up to this point(at this stage it's already in it's Rock N Roll in the 70's esqe decline into becoming dried up and exploited to it's death).
I agree with the your last statement but I would substitute RD with the blueprint.....It just like asking a common fan what is common best work...Some will say Be while others will say like water for chocolate for whatever reason..it's not taking anything away from Jay's greatness it's actually a complement because folks usually decline from the first LP going forward and these two should be celebrated for consistency....to each it's own

and you can be remembered for something that's not your best work see Tupac All Eyez on Me
 6 years ago '10        #164
uddart 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,694 | Props total: 19 19
 Karamu said:
Vol. 3 is easily Jay's worst album, theres no need to bring that up, and Vol. 1 isn't one of his best albums either. and Jay's last two albums are trash? how can someone hate on American Gangster? that album was crack all the way through except for maybe Hello Brooklyn 2.0. No doubt in his top 4 albums. Blueprint 3 was a 6/10 album, songs like A Star Is Born, Thank You, D.O.A., and So Ambitious prevent it from being complete garbage. also link me where Jay said he lost? dude just recently said Takeover was 10000 times better than Ether and trashed the Ether beat.

Illmatic > Reasonable Doubt
The Blueprint = It Was Written
The Black Album > Gods Son
American Gangster > Stillmatic(overrated on forums like these)

Illmatic is better than anything Pac could imagine to make dead or alive, Ready To Die is probably in my top 5 also but imo it still doesn't touch Illmatic. Biggie had 2 albums and his sophomore LP isn't nearly in the same level as his debut. Pac and BIG were kings at the time, but Jay-Z has remained relevant in music for 15 straight years, even during his retirement he sold 2 platinum records. BIG made more impact than any of the other 3 could have, but ain't no one gonna be GOAT with 2 albums, especially when the second isn't amazing. and i can't place a dude with mediocre skills as an MC on top of them just because hes deep. Even if Nas isn't too relevant in music right now, dude had a great run from 94 to 06.
Oh i posted wrong, i forgot the order in jays discography. KC + BP 3 = trash, AG is good, and helly brooklyn makes my ear hurts. Takeover is maybe better beatwise, even Premo said it. But it was a lyrical slaughter by Nas, the truth hurts. And Jay got bodied, but I can see what you are doing. So lets leave that, you seem to be ignorant when it comes to that.

I havent said pac best work is better than illmatic, but its close by. But it depends what you go by, lyrics? Then 7 day is up there, deepness? Then MATW is up there. Well sells doesnt always prove to be a 100% true in quality. IWW & illmatic can give you that answer.

The day Biggie made more impact on the community than Pac, that day will 2pac come. I dont have to bring up the facts why, since that is so fu*king obvious. 2pac was good in many ways, deepness was his speciality. But you seems to know nothing
 6 years ago '08        #165
d3athb4dishonor 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,475 | Props total: 572 572
 Karamu said:
i'd take crying on the radio over getting my baby mother fu*ked
Why? Shes your babys mother... you don't think shes never going to inhale another d!ck after you? gtfoh lol.
 6 years ago '04        #166
Jaysin_305 77 heat pts77
space
space
$3,310 | Props total: 244 244
 Illstreet said:
This sh!t for Nas Stans = Regular Season Wins for Philadelphia Eagles fans

Neither can brag about really winning at anything worthy of being talked about... So they hold onto memories of sh*t that really means nothing in the grand scheme of things to get them through their day.

Must be sad. :(
u sound salty n*gga
 07-16-2011, 04:53 PM         #167
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KnicksLost said:
I actually like Vol 3 better than Vol 2 and 1.......as far as god son is a very underrated album imo and stillmatic being overrated?...you can't be serious

Vol. 3 has the worst songs and least good songs out of the 3, S. Carter the song is just embarrassing. Gods Son is easily his 3rd best imo, but the production prevents it from being considered great to me. as for Stillmatic, its a 7.5 if we are talking about the original release
 6 years ago '09        #168
K0ntrast 63 heat pts63
space
space
$29,689 | Props total: 13213 13213
jay>nas because hes more current. nack then i still liked jay better than nas. but nas k!lled him on ether though.
 6 years ago '05        #169
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,883 | Props total: 8404 8404
 KnicksLost said:

They were other guys selling records....death row and bad boy didn't have the game in a complete chokehold...It was written sold...If I ruled the world dominated 96 as a single.......from 88-96 they were a plethora of artist who dropped albums did there numbers and got recognition on a national scale

StateProperty88 said:
once again during that time it was east vs. west, death row vs. bad boy (which is why i cant give you full credit for lil kim because she had puff and big all on her sh*t), if you werent established or apart of those crews then you werent going to get shine and you pretty much showed it in the albums you posted
you naming it was written just further proves my point
 07-16-2011, 05:04 PM         #170
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 uddart said:
Oh i posted wrong, i forgot the order in jays discography. KC + BP 3 = trash, AG is good, and helly brooklyn makes my ear hurts. Takeover is maybe better beatwise, even Premo said it. But it was a lyrical slaughter by Nas, the truth hurts. And Jay got bodied, but I can see what you are doing. So lets leave that, you seem to be ignorant when it comes to that.

I havent said pac best work is better than illmatic, but its close by. But it depends what you go by, lyrics? Then 7 day is up there, deepness? Then MATW is up there. Well sells doesnt always prove to be a 100% true in quality. IWW & illmatic can give you that answer.

The day Biggie made more impact on the community than Pac, that day will 2pac come. I dont have to bring up the facts why, since that is so fu*king obvious. 2pac was good in many ways, deepness was his speciality. But you seems to know nothing
i'm not gonna argue long on whether Hov got bodied or not, I prefer Takeover as a diss alone simply because his verse on Nas was all facts whereas Ether was facts mixed with lies, mixed with just blatant sh*t talking.

Pac is the deepest dude raps heard of, theres no arguing there. But theres not much Pac was amazing at besides being deep. He was consistent yeah, he was a good album crafter yeah. As an emcee all he really had going for him was charisma, emotion, and story telling. Which don't get me wrong, are great aspects for a rap artist, but still lacking. Such as rhyme schemes, versatile flows, creativity, an artistic vision, etc. Biggie and Pac both had a huge impact on the streets in about the same time, only difference is it took Pac longer to do so than BIG. And theres not much arguing in that
 6 years ago '10        #171
mlim420 29 heat pts29
space
space
$1,298 | Props total: 159 159
 6 years ago '11        #172
Unomcfly 
space
space
$423 | Props total: 7 7
Biggie was Great....i just felt the need to say that...sometimes honestly its hard for me to listen to him without stopping and reminding myself this sh*t was made when i was in elementary school. I always gotta pause and soak in how Ill the flow is...how the cadence changes on diff songs the story telling...its said usually with artists taken too soon that they become Lionized...and i have No idea how an even more Image-conscious public would have received Biggie Today but i cant help to dream and Wonder....

On Nas and Jay...i preferred Takeover to Ether as those 2 songs were the main disses @ each other artist...a good amount of the other barbs and songs werent as good...and between those 2... I look @ it like a really good boxing f!ght that went into the 12th round last 30 seconds tied on all scorecards...Takeover was like a 5 punch combo that really staggered Nas and had him drop to a Knee...then like all good f!ghters he dropped Ether which was 2 Massive uppercuts that had Jay Super Woozy to the point he had a wild Swing and missed (superugly) but then the bell rang and they went to cards and jay won. Going Fwd Jay had a higher trajectory eventually Becoming Nas ' boss ( always found it funny considering the Russell Simmons line in Ether) and so On....as of Late Nas has had some good verses...The sh*t wit Common was pretty cool ( tho not as great as some would make it) the Mobb deep sh*t was real tuff...the Raekwon joint solid as always...as was a few of the joints with Damian Marley...now Lets see what Jay does on his next work and we can continue to have this relatively useless but fun nonetheless argument...
 6 years ago '05        #173
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,099 | Props total: 4231 4231
 Kontrast0 said:
jay>nas because hes more current. nack then i still liked jay better than nas. but nas k!lled him on ether though.
so u prefer H.A.M. over

[video - click to view]

or

[video - click to view]

i guess nas has to get on a luger beat for n*ggas to feel em ... he's grown up opposed to rappin' about his glory days movin' weight...he fukked up with the bi*ches and he fell short as a businessman but he's human.... he chose to be positive but good guys finish last, if he would of stayed on that oochie wally sh*t he might have more wealth and a badder bi*ch...but n*ggas should really respect what he does music wise <---this rant wasn't directed to the n*gga i quoted but @ the nas hate, he's one of the last real n*ggas in the game (as far as NY sh*t goes)
 6 years ago '11        #174
BLUE$ 169 heat pts169 OP
space
space
$10,626 | Props total: 3022 3022
 Unomcfly said:
Biggie was Great....i just felt the need to say that...sometimes honestly its hard for me to listen to him without stopping and reminding myself this sh*t was made when i was in elementary school. I always gotta pause and soak in how Ill the flow is...how the cadence changes on diff songs the story telling...its said usually with artists taken too soon that they become Lionized...and i have No idea how an even more Image-conscious public would have received Biggie Today but i cant help to dream and Wonder....

On Nas and Jay...i preferred Takeover to Ether as those 2 songs were the main disses @ each other artist...a good amount of the other barbs and songs werent as good...and between those 2... I look @ it like a really good boxing f!ght that went into the 12th round last 30 seconds tied on all scorecards...Takeover was like a 5 punch combo that really staggered Nas and had him drop to a Knee...then like all good f!ghters he dropped Ether which was 2 Massive uppercuts that had Jay Super Woozy to the point he had a wild Swing and missed (superugly) but then the bell rang and they went to cards and jay won. Going Fwd Jay had a higher trajectory eventually Becoming Nas ' boss ( always found it funny considering the Russell Simmons line in Ether) and so On....as of Late Nas has had some good verses...The sh*t wit Common was pretty cool ( tho not as great as some would make it) the Mobb deep sh*t was real tuff...the Raekwon joint solid as always...as was a few of the joints with Damian Marley...now Lets see what Jay does on his next work and we can continue to have this relatively useless but fun nonetheless argument...
Nice comparison but still you cant deny that Jay felt the after shock of ether for years.He stuck to throwing out subliminals and playing it safe with rappers that dissed him after Nas ethered him.Its like Jay fears giving other rappers the attention he gave Nas because he knows that the sh*t Nas spit on ether was a close call and he is lucky that the money from D'Evils gave him a nice enough cushion to sleep ether off.If Nas married Beyonce and became the president of Def jam instead Jay would probably be on Raekwon,Rakim,Jadakiss type status.
 6 years ago '11        #175
Unomcfly 
space
space
$423 | Props total: 7 7
 blueeffect3 said:
Nice comparison but still you cant deny that Jay felt the after shock of ether for years.He stuck to throwing out subliminals and playing it safe with rappers that dissed him after Nas ethered him.Its like Jay fears giving other rappers the attention he gave Nas because he knows that the sh*t Nas spit on ether was a close call and he is lucky that the money from D'Evils gave him a nice enough cushion to sleep ether off.If Nas married Beyonce and became the president of Def jam instead Jay would probably be on Raekwon,Rakim,Jadakiss type status.
Ether deff had him...i think it made him change up a bit...But he also got older and split with dame and lots of other sh*t...Like ive always said..for my lifestyle and the things i do on a daily basis i rather hear Jay-Z it just feels like better music to me...But Nas was still in the wilderness after Ether himself and it took a while before he found his footing with Damian Marley so i think it transformed both of em or @ least aided in it.
 07-16-2011, 06:23 PM         #176
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
one thing is, ive always thought ether was basically the essence of a diss. because of that though its like thought of as weaker, idk.
 6 years ago '09        #177
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,246 | Props total: 19358 19358
 Illstreet said:

So many things about your post were hilarious and wrong... But this sh*t was Chris Rock in his prime right here.
both are near classic albums that isn't a stretch to say that lol jay stans are somethin else
 6 years ago '05        #178
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,088 | Props total: 10772 10772
yall are some fu*king clowns in here i swear
 07-16-2011, 07:42 PM         #179
5knuckleshuffle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hot 97 won
 6 years ago '10        #180
uddart 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,694 | Props total: 19 19
 Illstreet said:

So many things about your post were hilarious and wrong... But this sh*t was Chris Rock in his prime right here.
Okey what was wrong? Tell me please, because I dont see why. It may not be the easiest Jay-z vs Nas problem. But name the wack tracks on that album, or why Vol.1 is better. Because I can tell you are a great ignorant Jay fan
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
125 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
42 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now