*Throwback* Jay Z Crying on Hot 97 After Hearing Ether

most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
54 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-16-2011, 01:31 PM         #121
Haze_Reloaded 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pkilla111 said:
drake>nas

You think so P? Share. Drake is a living legend already to me so
 07-16-2011, 01:32 PM         #122
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KnicksLost said:
point taken but its a year and half old

only reason I say that is cus Pusha and Cyhi verse > Hov's....it was a good verse

No need to dig into illmatic...

and Jay is no where near big lets cut that out if anything nas is next to big before we could say Jay is....how did jay win the battle when he admitted he lost and the sh*t touched a nerve...you never show something got to you when battling
Fam...

Songs like "Can I Live", "D'Evils", "Streets is Watching", "Where I'm From" etc...

They stand up with anything BIG ever did... With anything anyone ever did... You just can't deny this... The same way you can't Deny that BIG's lack of longevity is the reason why he isn't the GOAT. Could have he been? Absolutely... But he coulda fell off too... You just don't know.

Same with Jordan... If he had died in a Plane Crash after two Championships, he woulda been forever talked about and debated... But you couldn't have called him the GOAT. That's just the way it is...

Anyways

My top 5 All-Time is as follows:

1. Jay
2. Pac
3. Nas
4. BIG
5. Outkast(as a singular entity)/Rakim/Ghostface/Scarface - Depending on What Day you ask me...
 07-16-2011, 01:33 PM         #123
Haze_Reloaded 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pkilla111 said:
naaa man thats goin out on a limb

6 years ago '08        #124
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,833 | Props total: 12544 12544
 pkilla111 said:
fuk outa here. hova the god cosigns drakeand jay aint better lyrically than big and flow wise. nobody better than big. thats a known fact in hip hop when it comes to straight lyricism and flow and delivery big was the goat
Drakes alright...for an r and b singer

Biggies flow was goat but too bad its not the only thing that matters in the whole body of work....Big is up there, much better then tupac, wish he would have had more time to put out some more albums cause the two he released were classics
 6 years ago '04        #125
Rae 
space
space
$1,315 | Props total: 319 319
Keep sh*t on the hip-hop level y'all n*ggas talking a n*gga paying child support and how another man look lets keep this sh*t on flow content nas came with ether super ugly was trash the majority of NYC called that sh*t and the rap gods....jayz right hand man yay knows his flow is the most consistent flow of all time Jay as of resent Jay been sound all but average on late tracks nas have been k!lling tracks.lets be real Jay is an empire a money machine but as far as rap nas is the most respected oya nas paying 50000 a month gave up is crib in atl why??? Do y'all research hes doing big sh*t in Jamaica ask the Marleys.....
 07-16-2011, 02:01 PM         #126
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its far and vulger

this n*ggas soul was really burning slow

damn this n*gga nas is the reason jay only get money with white people now and does his best to not let anyother black man get a dollor
 07-16-2011, 02:03 PM         #127
Prophecy_projet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RYLNYC said:
Okay, let's talk about Nas' 7 platinum albums, 2 gold plaques, and 1 classic. You're comparing a pretty good discography to a flawless one (album-sale wise).

His greatest rap album of all time has always and will always be opposed by Reasonable Doubt. Nas has 1 single classic under his belt according to most of the hip hop community. And that one single classic, you can TELL it's old when you listen to it. Not to sh-t on Illmatic cause it's one of my favorite albums of all time, but although it's a classic, it's not timeless.
Disagree about Nas having one Classic under his belt, he's certainly got one masterpiece. But when a lot of people consider It Was Written, Stillmatic and to a lesser extent God Son important classics to his catalogue and he's considered top 5-10, you cant just have that off one album, he's clearly had more good classical albums, we all know great songs and concepts from there. Its pretty much a fallacy to state that every Jay album is a classic and Nas has one. At the most strictest, I would say Jay has Blueprint and Reasonable Doubt and has made a bunch of very good albums other than that. But so Nas.

RYLNYC said:
I'm not throwing shade, I'm stating CURRENT facts. The reason why I didn't mention Nas' discography cause it's completely irrelevant today. They day Nas goes platinum again, Tupac will come back and do a mixtape hosted by Funkmaster Flex. Jay, on the other hand, has 2 albums coming out that'll not only go platinum but will probably both drop before Nas even has a single out.
You are throwing shade and you just did it again lol. What does comparing Nas's personal divorce to Jay's recording success have to do with one and other? It doesn't really matter if Nas doesn't go platinum again. Have you followed the music industry the past 5 years? Its only like 5 people who go Platinum. Its great that Jay still goes platinum, good for him but for Nas to still go gold and have 10 albums in a 15 year career all plaque? That's still an impressive state especially when he gets nitpicked a lot for his albums.

RYLNYC said:
And successful tour company? Dawg... Not even gonna front, I have no idea what you're talking about, fam, but if you want to compare a successful tour company to having minor ownership of an NBA basketball team, one of the most successful hip hop based clothing lines of all time, a nationwide club/lounge making millions, being the president of the most historic hip hop entity of our generation, + a countless amount of other successful business endeavors... then go right ahead.
I'm sure you don't lol. I'm talking about Gureilla Union. In the Kelis divorce it stated that Nas owns the majority stake in the company that produces Rock The Bells and The Paid Dues tour. The dude organizing all those big acts every year with Chan Wiesberg is Nas.
He also is a producer on documentaries. The Tyson documentary that came out in 2009 and was nominated for an Oscar? Check the back credits on the DVD to see who the Executive Producer. He also smooth things out on that recent Tribe document. He just won a Emmy for his work on the documentary of the Liberian Soccerr team on ESPN back in June.

Add to his endorsments deals which he flipped for album promo (Fila, Akademiks, Sean John) and I would say he has done marginally well for himself.

He may not be an entrepenuer but to say he isnt a successful businessmen when he has done well as a promoter and a producer is a bit of an unfair indictment.

Just because Jay has done it well, doesnt mean anyone else is garbage. Although, can we please remove the NBA Owner credit? The guy clearly has not had the impact as a minority stakeholder to the Nets as Prokorov has as a major. Everything else cool (with the help of Steve Stoute and Damon Dash) but I dont even see how comparing business deals between the two is relevant and even if you do, Nas isnt exactly slouching either.

RYLNYC said:

Personal life is no different... Nas is paying his last dime to Kelis, Jay is chillin' in South America with one of the most obsessed-over women in the world. The list goes on, bruh.

In the end, they only defense "team Nas" has is Nas' lyricism and lyrical content. That's the only thing worth mentioning and worth arguing cause Nas doesn't stand a chance in any other aspect.
Nas is out here touring and doing his thing and he isnt even losing all his money to Kelis, which he just got reduced anyway. Jay is chilling but you act like he doesnt have to deal with lawsuits over the 40/40 club (hence why the expansion of the club halted and some of the branches closed). But hey, he's got Beyonce...the same woman who's busy beefing with her own father over stolen money as we speak.

I'm neither Team Nas or Jay. I like both dudes but this argument that people use with Jay having money doesnt really fly. I understand you like Jay because he's a brand. Its like kids get into rap and are attracted to the Logo and catchphrase (Wu, death Row, G-Unit, Ruff Ryders...and of course the Roc) and therefore wanna buy into what the artist is selling. But that cant be your only defense or prosecution for or against an artist.
 6 years ago '07        #128
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,626 | Props total: 2469 2469
Eminem murdered you on your own sh*t! /thread
 6 years ago '06        #129
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,986 | Props total: 4015 4015
 Mike Nitty said:
We all know when Watch the Throne drop the game will be over. Your reply to this reply will prolly be "but he aint got no new songs out fukn with this" Uhh duhh he working on the album that's gonna shut the game down of course that material isn't out yet he been working on it for the last 6, 7 months.
@ this lame. "It'll be over".... "Shut the game down" LMAO Shut up.

The N said:
See camel warriors got NOTHING, stupid garbage like H.A.M. or any stupid sh*t on Watch The Throne will NOT be like those joints AND YOU KNOW THAT!, so fu*k off trying to expect any of that type of Hip Hop on that album. That watch the throne sh*t IS A KANYE VISION, the camel is just doing what was said about him in that Ether.......

"YOU'RE A d!ck RIDING f*ggot", which in current times has been on Kanye's for a while now, the artist who is CLEARLY more creative, more talented, more interesting to the music biz, so you camel warriors need to stop pumpin that throne sh*t because that is going to be a Kanye album featuring the camel, don't get that fu*ked up.

Now show me the 3 new joints that can compare to those above, Oh wait you got nothing and will never have a camel with a f*ggy tone of voice be part in that type of realm of hip hop

"You always wanted to be on every one of my classics".....
 6 years ago '08        #130
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,833 | Props total: 12544 12544
 Storchaveli said:
@ this lame. "It'll be over".... "Shut the game down" LMAO Shut up.

^^^Bad meets evil not going gold really fu*ked with this homos head
 6 years ago '05        #131
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,732 | Props total: 2223 2223
 thegoldenhero said:
these Nas vs Jay threads are getting old are we ever gonna stop making the same threads over and over?
Never, because people refuse to admit that Nas destroyed Jay with that one song. Takeover was good but nowhere near as damaging as ether. That song was like a flawless victory plus fatality on Jay.
 6 years ago '06        #132
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,986 | Props total: 4015 4015
 FaceTheGawd said:
^^^Bad meets evil not going gold really fu*ked with this homos head
You comparing BME to Watch The Wheelchair with Jay's old a.ss = FAIL.

BME is an EP and has a not-so-famous rapper (Royce). Try again. Oh and... Let's see, I'll pick a random track.... Jay won't and can't EVER spit the way Em did in Above The Law.
 6 years ago '09        #133
trock34 93 heat pts93
space
space
space
$25,175 | Props total: 7357 7357
 Storchaveli said:
You comparing BME to Watch The Wheelchair with Jay's old a.ss = FAIL.

BME is an EP and has a not-so-famous rapper (Royce). Try again. Oh and... Let's see, I'll pick a random track.... Jay won't and can't EVER spit the way Em did in Above The Law.
 6 years ago '11        #134
BLUE$ 169 heat pts169 OP
space
space
$10,626 | Props total: 3022 3022
Just face it Jay Z stanlys Ether brought tears to Jiggas eyes and made him afraid to battle with another rapper on wax.After Nas ethered Jay, Jay has done nothing but throw out subliminal's like a little bi*ch.

Illmatic>Reasonable doubt
Stillmatic>Blueprint
Hiphop is dead>Kingdom Come

Nas verse on this go harder than any Jay Z verse in the last 4 years.

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #135
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,092 | Props total: 10780 10780
 Prophecy_projet said:
Disagree about Nas having one Classic under his belt, he's certainly got one masterpiece. But when a lot of people consider It Was Written, Stillmatic and to a lesser extent God Son important classics to his catalogue and he's considered top 5-10, you cant just have that off one album, he's clearly had more good classical albums, we all know great songs and concepts from there. Its pretty much a fallacy to state that every Jay album is a classic and Nas has one. At the most strictest, I would say Jay has Blueprint and Reasonable Doubt and has made a bunch of very good albums other than that. But so Nas.

You are throwing shade and you just did it again lol. What does comparing Nas's personal divorce to Jay's recording success have to do with one and other? It doesn't really matter if Nas doesn't go platinum again. Have you followed the music industry the past 5 years? Its only like 5 people who go Platinum. Its great that Jay still goes platinum, good for him but for Nas to still go gold and have 10 albums in a 15 year career all plaque? That's still an impressive state especially when he gets nitpicked a lot for his albums.

I'm sure you don't lol. I'm talking about Gureilla Union. In the Kelis divorce it stated that Nas owns the majority stake in the company that produces Rock The Bells and The Paid Dues tour. The dude organizing all those big acts every year with Chan Wiesberg is Nas.
He also is a producer on documentaries. The Tyson documentary that came out in 2009 and was nominated for an Oscar? Check the back credits on the DVD to see who the Executive Producer. He also smooth things out on that recent Tribe document. He just won a Emmy for his work on the documentary of the Liberian Soccerr team on ESPN back in June.

Add to his endorsments deals which he flipped for album promo (Fila, Akademiks, Sean John) and I would say he has done marginally well for himself.

He may not be an entrepenuer but to say he isnt a successful businessmen when he has done well as a promoter and a producer is a bit of an unfair indictment.

Just because Jay has done it well, doesnt mean anyone else is garbage. Although, can we please remove the NBA Owner credit? The guy clearly has not had the impact as a minority stakeholder to the Nets as Prokorov has as a major. Everything else cool (with the help of Steve Stoute and Damon Dash) but I dont even see how comparing business deals between the two is relevant and even if you do, Nas isnt exactly slouching either.

Nas is out here touring and doing his thing and he isnt even losing all his money to Kelis, which he just got reduced anyway. Jay is chilling but you act like he doesnt have to deal with lawsuits over the 40/40 club (hence why the expansion of the club halted and some of the branches closed). But hey, he's got Beyonce...the same woman who's busy beefing with her own father over stolen money as we speak.

I'm neither Team Nas or Jay. I like both dudes but this argument that people use with Jay having money doesnt really fly. I understand you like Jay because he's a brand. Its like kids get into rap and are attracted to the Logo and catchphrase (Wu, death Row, G-Unit, Ruff Ryders...and of course the Roc) and therefore wanna buy into what the artist is selling. But that cant be your only defense or prosecution for or against an artist.

07-16-2011, 02:40 PM         #136
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 blueeffect3 said:

Illmatic>Reasonable doubt
Stillmatic>Blueprint
Hiphop is dead>Kingdom Come
agreed
lol fu*k no
both are trash, no point in arguing that
 6 years ago '11        #137
Jeavila1014 
space
space
$797 | Props total: 1311 1311
Lmao at hov being a "bitter"
 6 years ago '07        #138
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 FaceTheGawd said:
Jay-Z is EASILY better the big, fu*k outta here...Big had the potential but get the fu*k outta here if you think jay-z aint better....staying consistent for 15 years>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
You're a known jigga stan so I'll disregard your comment....bigs been gone for damn near 15 years and still relevant off 2 albums...sh*t I heard mo money mo problems in the club the other day and everybody was hyped

Illstreet said:
Fam...

Songs like "Can I Live", "D'Evils", "Streets is Watching", "Where I'm From" etc...

They stand up with anything BIG ever did... With anything anyone ever did... You just can't deny this... The same way you can't Deny that BIG's lack of longevity is the reason why he isn't the GOAT. Could have he been? Absolutely... But he coulda fell off too... You just don't know.

Same with Jordan... If he had died in a Plane Crash after two Championships, he woulda been forever talked about and debated... But you couldn't have called him the GOAT. That's just the way it is...

Anyways

My top 5 All-Time is as follows:

1. Jay
2. Pac
3. Nas
4. BIG
5. Outkast(as a singular entity)/Rakim/Ghostface/Scarface - Depending on What Day you ask me...
lack of longevity? 2 albums and still relevant is not longevity...the fact that hes still being compared to someone that dropped 11 albums is reason enough...The 90's was the golden era and Jay was irrelevant back then...the mafioso style of reasonable doubt did nothing for him from a debut standpoint...Rae, Kool G, Biggie, Scarface, Az all did it better before him...It was written was 3/4th's mafioso as well and part of the reason why his debut got overlooked....it was a great album but not the holy grail of his catalog. Jigga did not eat in the golden era and post 98 others ate along with Jay (DMX, Yeezy, Ja Rule, Eminem, Etc......)
 6 years ago '11        #139
Wavy WoNka 
space
space
space
$568 | Props total: 1 1
damn jay never recovered from ether
 6 years ago '05        #140
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,884 | Props total: 8408 8408
 KnicksLost said:
You're a known jigga stan so I'll disregard your comment....bigs been gone for damn near 15 years and still relevant off 2 albums...sh*t I heard mo money mo problems in the club the other day and everybody was hyped

lack of longevity? 2 albums and still relevant is not longevity...the fact that hes still being compared to someone that dropped 11 albums is reason enough...The 90's was the golden era and Jay was irrelevant back then...the mafioso style of reasonable doubt did nothing for him from a debut standpoint...Rae, Kool G, Biggie, Scarface, Az all did it better before him...It was written was 3/4th's mafioso as well and part of the reason why his debut got overlooked....it was a great album but not the holy grail of his catalog. Jigga did not eat in the golden era and post 98 others ate along with Jay (DMX, Yeezy, Ja Rule, Eminem, Etc......)
all those artist that ate in that golden era you talking about was established, of course they are going to eat. jay's debut album came out during the biggest stories of this genre's history. didnt reasonable doubt come out like a couple months after "hit em up", people wasnt clocking for him their attention as well as the media (which is probably most important) was elsewhere. what other artist came out with their DEBUT album at that time and was eating?

edit: its like asking for a bunch of hockey coverage on ESPN during the week of the Superbowl, sh*t aint happening

Last edited by StateProperty88; 07-16-2011 at 03:13 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
70 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
191 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
27 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
77 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
55 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
24 comments
20 hours ago