*Throwback* Jay Z Crying on Hot 97 After Hearing Ether

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
26 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
73 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
96 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
267 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #201
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
 Maze 112 said:
You think so P? Share. Drake is a living legend already to me so

here a living legend? Ur giving this dude way way to much status in a short time span.

Last edited by davon4204; 07-17-2011 at 09:22 AM..
 07-17-2011, 09:17 AM         #202
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
lAnd the only place I ever heard Trap Musik called the southern RD is here.
You need to get around more then and do more reading that isn't forum based.
 6 years ago '04        #203
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,564 | Props total: 2835 2835
Hilarious advice coming from a guy thats got 4x as many posts here as me. . .
 07-17-2011, 09:22 AM         #204
Trill Clinton 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Trap Musik is a classic ?

when the fu*k did that happen?It's a good album,but damn.
 6 years ago '06        #205
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
The argument about who's better can go on and on between Nas and Jay-Z. Somebody pm me and let me know what that song was called with Papoose on it though.
 07-17-2011, 09:28 AM         #206
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
When nas was the first solo artist to get 5 mics in the source twice,
And this is some bullsh*t too...

I don't give two fu*ks what the Source said... You can't give no album that has "Braveheart Party" on it no damn classic rating.

I don't care how hard they tried to avoid it in the review, or how hard Nas's people try to act like it wasn't on the album(removing it a month or so after the album was out and blaming it on personal reasons for MJB, WTF at that bullsh*t a.ss lie btw lmfao), THAT sh*t WAS ON THE ALBUM.

Literally the worst song of both Nas and Mary J. Bliges's entire careers...

Classic my a.ss.
 6 years ago '04        #207
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 Illstreet said:
And this is some bullsh*t too...

I don't give two fu*ks what the Source said... You can't give no album that has "Braveheart Party" on it no damn classic rating.

I don't care how hard they tried to avoid it in the review, or how hard Nas's people try to act like it wasn't on the album(removing it a month or so after the album was out and blaming it on personal reasons for MJB, WTF at that bullsh*t a.ss lie btw lmfao), THAT sh*t WAS ON THE ALBUM.

Literally the worst song of both Nas and Mary J. Bliges's entire careers...

Classic my a.ss.

rofl!

n*ggas is furious. . .

But its ok to call an album that got Jigga Jigga That n*gga Jigga a classic?

hahahahah. . .
 07-17-2011, 09:32 AM         #208
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
Hilarious advice coming from a guy thats got 4x as many posts here as me. . .
90% of my posts take place in the Sports and Film section...

About 60% of those posts come from Live game threads over the years where you can have like 100 posts in a sinlge day.

Look at your active meter and look at mine... Who's is higher?????

Try again.

Last edited by Illstreet; 07-17-2011 at 09:34 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #209
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 Illstreet said:
90% of my posts take place in the Sports and Film section...

About 60% of those posts come from Live game threads over the years where you can have like 100 posts in a sinlge day.

Look at your active meter and look at mine... Who's is higher?????

Try again.
I dont even know what an activity meter is b

I do know that you been posting more on on BX than me since TIs album came out. What section is really quite irrelevant since the basic point you was trying to make is that I need to step outside

smarten up. . .
 07-17-2011, 09:40 AM         #210
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
rofl!

n*ggas is furious. . .

hahahahah. . .
3/5 track at worst...

"Braveheart Party" is the worst song of Nas's entire career...

To the point that they removed it and act like it never existed...

When was the last time you heard of a song being removed from a "classic" album after it had been released?????

NEVER... Cause it's never happened.
 07-17-2011, 09:44 AM         #211
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
I dont even know what an activity meter is b

I do know that you been posting more on on BX than me since TIs album came out. What section is really quite irrelevant since the basic point you was trying to make is that I need to step outside

smarten up. . .
You are currently(Summertime) more active than I am on these boards...

As displayed under your SN.

And my point was you need to stop forming your opinions about music from forums... So yeah, my Section comment is quite relevant... As I don't get my opinions or info on music from reading boxden's hip hop spot...I barely even come in here.

Try to be smarter with your diss next time.

Last edited by Illstreet; 07-17-2011 at 09:51 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #212
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
This would only be relevant if n*ggas just starred calling trap music the southern RD in the last couple months...album been out since 03 dumbass..

If I haven't heard anyone call it that outside of here, its not because I been busy here

fu*kin morons I swear....rethink your position and realize where you fu*ked up
 6 years ago '04        #213
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
Lol @ 3/5 at worst...foh
 6 years ago '10        #214
uddart 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,694 | Props total: 19 19
 Illstreet said:
You are currently(Summertime) more active than I am on these boards...

As displayed under your SN.

And my point was you need to stop forming your opinions about music from forums... So yeah, my Section comment is quite relevant... As I don't get my opinions or info on music from reading boxden's hip hop spot...I barely even come in here.

Try to be smarter with your diss next time.
I can name Nas and 5 others that is more influential than. Jay is a greedy snake who have fallen off
 07-17-2011, 12:54 PM         #215
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 uddart said:
I can name Nas and 5 others that is more influential than. Jay is a greedy snake who have fallen off
don't know how Jay has fallen off, 2 out of his last 4 albums are dope. his features last year were dope, and the people at the WTT listening party are saying Hov's stepped up his rhymes
 6 years ago '07        #216
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 abstractq said:
rofl!

n*ggas is furious. . .

hahahahah. . .
Don't waste your time fam
 6 years ago '05        #217
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
I hope yall get paid for this
 6 years ago '04        #218
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
$16,481 | Props total: 6644 6644
 abstractq said:
rofl!

n*ggas is furious. . .

hahahahah. . .
It sh*ts on BraveHeart Party....JESUS that sh*t was bad!!!
 6 years ago '04        #219
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 Prophecy_projet said:
They're not competing with each other on that level of personal life and business so I dont see why we're even talking about "wins." Do you honestly think Nas thinks about Jay's business moves and which women he's with like that? The battle was always about lyricism was it not? So where did this other stuff come from? Its like people who like Jay-Z more bring that up when talking about the battle to make themselves feel good, it really doesnt make sense. If we're going by paper and status then Russell Simmons and Diddy are the GOATs lol

But lets be real though: That wasnt even what your original point was about, it was just using the same old "Jay is rich and famous and Nas has to pay child support" crack which is kind of lazy at this point and doesn't really attribute nothing to the core of the debate unless one wants to feel good about Jay (Which is why I say again: People do buy into the aspirations of rappers. More people rush to the point of his riches when talking about him being compared to other rappers rather than talent ability). Well, that and questioning Nas's business acumen and if he ever had a classic outside of Illmatic, which of course was straightened out.

Of course stuff like this never goes anywhere, because its just one person not developing their point but still sticking to it despite having to be corrected by their own admission.
So first it was you claiming I was comparing Jay-Z success to Nas' personal life and when I proved you wrong in clear yellow highlight, NOW you want to void the whole aspect with "they're not competing in that way" -- nice smoke and mirror trick, but that didn't work on me.

Jay-Z and Nas aren't competing in those scopes, but like I said, if you're going to talk about the GOAT, take everything into consideration. Not just their money; their influence on the game, their musical accomplishment, how long they've been in the game, their relevance this day. This isn't a "Jay is richer so he's better" argument. I don't know why I keep saying "overall" and "all accomplishments" and you keep reading "Jay-Z's money."

You want to talk lyricism, again, I like Jay-Z more. His music (song-for-song and album-for-album), his punchlines, his verses, and song concepts trump Nas' music 8 out of 10 times for me.

So to (hopefully) wrap this up soon. The 1st paragraph above explains why Jay-Z is the greatest of all time in my opinion. The 2nd paragraph explains why I think Jay-Z is the better emcee. Neither are facts, needless to say, but the more popular opinion, with good reason.

It's funny you say I'm not developing my point when most of your reply(s) is just to try and sh-t on what I'm saying. Unless your point is "Jay-Z is very successful, but Nas is doing okay for himself" which although is true, is not good enough.

If you want to talk about strictly music, let's disregard everything before and talk about just their music. Why does it take Nas 3-4 years to drop an album while Jay can drop 2 projects in the same year? Why are just MEER TALKS of Jay's next album outshining the 2-3 recent track that Nas dropped? (You're gonna hate this next question, but) Why does Jay sell more every single time?

Your response is probably gonna be along the lines of "just cause Jay is more popular, doesn't mean he's better" -- the fact is, that's a big reason why. Jay makes the better music that appeals to more people, more genres, more artists in the industry, and more demographics. Nas spits some beautiful and real stuff, but he has no versatility, and that's why he'll never have a mass appeal. His claim to fame will forever be "Illmatic" and "Ether," that's it (yeah, "It Was Written" and "Stillmatic" were dope, but they won't compare to "Illmatic").
 6 years ago '04        #220
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 Cutty Olds said:
It sh*ts on BraveHeart Party....JESUS that sh*t was bad!!!

theyre pretty much the same song

equally awful. The beats suck, the lyrics are average, the hooks are intolerable

the difference is. . .n*ggas is used to hearing that kind of trash on a Jay-Z album tho

lol@ that n*gga mentioning that Nas took it off Stillmatic. That was for some kind of clearance issue, not cause Nas wanted it off in general

Same thing happened to Pharaoh Monche on Internal Affairs

Not the same thing as what Jay did when he realized that Blueprint 2 was god awful and he cut half that sh*t off and repackaged it as 2.1

Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
113 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
111 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
73 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
30 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
116 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy