Jul 14 - Gay History Now Required, by Law, to Be Taught in California Social-Studies Textbooks

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
89 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
35 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
71 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
109 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #1
7627 pageviews
187 comments

DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,377 | Props total: 4655 4655
Jul 14 - Gay History Now Required, by Law, to Be Taught in California Social-Studies Textbooks

[pic - click to view]

Gay History Now Required, by Law, to Be Taught in California Social-Studies Textbooks

Another reason for SoCal Republicans to secede: The children of California will now be required to learn about homos3xual contributions to history, a bill proposed by openly gay San Francisco Senator Mark Leno (figures!) and signed into law by Governor Jerry Brown today.

Crazy! Awesome! And kind of hilarious --

If you're very quiet, you can hear the big textbook companies and right-wing "family values" freaks shrieking, wicked-witch style, in the blaring light of NorCal's gay pride turned public policy. (Founder of TOMS shoes very much included.)

Such a law is unprecedented in any other state. Straight from SB 48, also known as the FAIR Education Act:

This bill would update references to certain categories of persons and additionally would require instruction in social sciences to include a study of the role and contributions of lesbian, gay, bis3xual, and transgender Americans, persons with disabilities, and members of other cultural groups, to the development of California and the United States.

Before the bill was passed, gay-rights group Equality California released a statement saying, "With this bill, we will have the opportunity to define who we are, instead of being defined by harmful messages filled with bigotry that dehumanize us." And upon receiving Governor Brown's blessing, they follow up with:

"Today marks a monumental victory for the LGBT equality movement as the struggle of the diverse LGBT community in California will no longer be erased from history. Thanks to the FAIR Education Act, California students, particularly LGBT youth, will find new hope and inspiration and experience a more welcoming learning environment."

mark leno.jpeg
Victory for Leno
​Leno, understandably, is more stoked than anybody, declaring that "today we are making history" and thanking the more-than-ever LGBT-friendly governor "for recognizing that the LGBT community, its accomplishments and its ongoing efforts for first-class citizenship are important components of California's history."

Bet a certain senator is hoping he might make the 2011 local-government chapter of all those brand-new textbooks they're going to have to print, eh?

The bill will hit book companies especially hard, as they'll be forced to release separate social-studies editions for California and the rest country. Jesus groups like the California Family Council aren't too happy, either: They're calling it "blatant pro-homos3xual history curricula on innocent young children."

Another group, Save California, calls it "s3xual brainwashing." Ha!

[@simone_electra/swilson@laweekly.com]

[pic - click to view]

SOURCE

187 comments for "Jul 14 - Gay History Now Required, by Law, to Be Taught in California Social-Studies Textbooks"

6 years ago '04        #2
dj X 33 heat pts33
space
space
$18,737 | Props total: 6439 6439
I took an LGBT course last year and it was extremely boring. I mean, they don't really have any significant contributions to American history...
 6 years ago '04        #3
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,918 | Props total: 635 635
 dj X said:
I took an LGBT course last year and it was extremely boring. I mean, they don't really have any significant contributions to American history...
lol thats completely untrue. they have had super significant impact in science, politics, fashion, literature, etc. ever hear of walt whitman, or famous designers, or some of these gay a.ss politicians in the news, famous actors and musicians? but i think this is overdoing it a bit. there is no reason to highlight people JUST because they are gay i dont think but an effective argument can be made though. i guess the world is changing...

its just in THIS case, if you are educating children, you shouldnt be TRYING to give the impression that being gay is cool and something to STRIVE for because kids will take it that way. if it was a tolerance class and there was a history component, id say no big. but im a lil shaky on this one..
 6 years ago '05        #4
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,271 | Props total: 2463 2463
this is some bullsh*t
 6 years ago '10        #5
Alixix 27 heat pts27
space
space
$4,721 | Props total: 25 25
 6 years ago '08        #6
Lot17 24 heat pts24
space
space
$3,022 | Props total: 465 465
This some f*ggot sh*t forreal . Pointless and unnecessary bullsh*t law. Hope this sh*t stays exclusively in cali
 6 years ago '09        #7
ill 800 64 heat pts64
space
space
$9,089 | Props total: 269 269
fu*king f*ggots need to keep that sh*t in the closet. dont push your homos3xual agenda on my children.
 6 years ago '09        #8
ill 800 64 heat pts64
space
space
$9,089 | Props total: 269 269
 MPLSallstar said:
smh.....

Watch the number of gays increase..
thats the master plan. f*ggots cant reproduce. california is full of athiests and homos so no surprise here
 6 years ago '10        #9
A.Dot789 1053 heat pts1053
space
space
$13,942 | Props total: 8040 8040
wtf this is just stupid
 6 years ago '09        #10
AI34Life 
space
space
$3,454 | Props total: 0 0
there is no fu*kin way these should fu*kin happen! sh*t, gay people, well i call them "it" because i dont consider them humans, dont deserve to live! let alone this bullsh*t? here with that bullsh*t!
 6 years ago '05        #11
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,906 | Props total: 21058 21058
This sh*t's starting to get out of hand. I can understand African-American history and even women's history. But gay history?

If everyone wants to be treated equally, why can't we just go back to the days of just learning about fu*king HISTORY. fu*k.
 6 years ago '04        #12
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,644 | Props total: 2651 2651
Gays stay winning.
 6 years ago '06        #13
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
There is nothing to teach about gay sh*t. Now all of a sudden they wanna put this bullsh*t in schools. GTFOH...... Sounds like gays are trying to pollute other peoples minds into thinking that it's okay but it's not.

And if gay sh*t was right it would have been in the bible and talked about like anything else. Back then gay people use to be in hiding like they were mutants or something. ....Now they are coming outta the wood works.

Last edited by davon4204; 07-14-2011 at 04:04 PM..
 6 years ago '08        #14
Sowhat 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,571 | Props total: 1 1
I have nothing against homos3xuals, but its like they're forcing this shyt on the world. Should just be an elective, not a required course. Guess they're trying to promote tolerance.
 6 years ago '06        #15
KFrizzle 296 heat pts296
space
space
$5,859 | Props total: 143 143
 6 years ago '06        #16
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
I read this big book one time that said that the world would be turned upside down leading up to the last days.

The ones pushing this agenda haven't even warmed up yet.
 07-14-2011, 04:25 PM         #17
Zo1987 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Isn't this the same sh*tty state that banned affirmative action?
 6 years ago '05        #18
Sco Dylan 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,592 | Props total: 2649 2649
can't believe all the hate in this thread, lmao...

just a few decades ago people would have been saying the same thing about african american history

stop discriminating on people, we should be past that...
Tha Carter V slapped this ish

6 years ago '09        #19
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
space
$20,051 | Props total: 26 26
 jplaydadon said:
lol thats completely untrue. they have had super significant impact in science, politics, fashion, literature, etc. ever hear of walt whitman, or famous designers, or some of these gay a.ss politicians in the news, famous actors and musicians? but i think this is overdoing it a bit. there is no reason to highlight people JUST because they are gay i dont think but an effective argument can be made though. i guess the world is changing...

its just in THIS case, if you are educating children, you shouldnt be TRYING to give the impression that being gay is cool and something to STRIVE for because kids will take it that way. if it was a tolerance class and there was a history component, id say no big. but im a lil shaky on this one..
shut the fu*k up f*ggot
 6 years ago '04        #20
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
 Sco Dylan said:
can't believe all the hate in this thread, lmao...

just a few decades ago people would have been saying the same thing about african american history

stop discriminating on people, we should be past that...
African Americans have contributed way more than homos3xuals throughout history and its a FACT...
Home      

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
146 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
143 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
2 days ago