most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
115 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #21
young_al 
space
space
$1,385 | Props total: 88 88
They need to teach economics, science, international business. entrepreneurship, the rules of the American taxation system, so people can go to these colleges with a global business mind.
 07-14-2011, 05:50 PM         #22
illicitx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Colleges understand that they need to provide additional degrees and programs that don't really provide job stability...because it provides interest and hope for people who are too lazy to actually invest the time into an education that is in demand.

Economics - Very essential degree.

International Business - Worthless degree.

Entrepreneurship - 2 X the worthlessness

Tax - Essential degree.

International Business is worthless because Finance or Accounting will cover the international laws and regulations that you need in your scope of specialty. You really limit yourself in job opportunities in the future when you apply this generic tag on it. Focus on a specific skill (Finance or Accounting).

Same with Entrepreneurship. CPA's and High Level Investment Bankers understand how a business is operated. Pointless degree. Unless you try to open your own business, you won't get hired by another company once your business does fail.

You can easily open your own business after experiencing a few years of work experience at a public accounting firm or a high level finance company.

Major in something relevant.

For every successful person you see who makes $100,000 doing what they love, you got 1,000 broke people stuck at jobs they hate because their passion didn't provide enough opportunity.
 6 years ago '04        #23
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,108 | Props total: 175 175
damn what were they doing that the degree cost 100k??? i didnt read in detail. please tell me these are not undergrad costs??? I got out around 40k which isnt close to where these guys are...
 6 years ago '09        #24
McmasterlockPt2 41 heat pts41
space
space
$12,913 | Props total: 840 840
I got about 45 stacks I owe for my bachelors and a.ssociate
 6 years ago '04        #25
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
 Gmitch528 said:
damn what were they doing that the degree cost 100k??? i didnt read in detail. please tell me these are not undergrad costs??? I got out around 40k which isnt close to where these guys are...
You can get up to 100k easy if you go to a private school or are paying out of state tuition.
 6 years ago '09        #26
mtva24 224 heat pts224
space
space
$8,832 | Props total: 1147 1147
I owe $53 k
 07-14-2011, 07:36 PM         #27
illicitx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn ya'll got some high debt.

Post the majors too.

Have you guys had any success with the debt you accumulated? Was the degree worth it?
 6 years ago '06        #28
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
$40,572 | Props total: 18082 18082
alot could easily be tuition man especially if you get little to no financial aid plus room and board say the school cost 15k a semester n you get like 5 from financial aid thats 10 right there you have to pay 10x8 semesters alone is 80k. It isnt completely unrealistic depends on schools endowment
 6 years ago '09        #29
mtva24 224 heat pts224
space
space
 ra1n said:
serious question, what did you guys buy with your loans? did you guys pay rent with them?

I know all that money didn't go straight to tuition ;)
went to school for my bachelors out of state, no scholarships, total bill was like 99k...my parents covered most of the expenses, but I was stuck w/ $35k...went back to school to get my post-baccalaureate certificate in Accounting this time instate...i accepted every single cent of financial aid i was awarded, that ended up adding on another $18k. My tuition was like 65-70% of my aid money, the rest were refund checks that I pretty much blew...paid rent, bought clothes, food, alcohol etc...
 07-14-2011, 08:56 PM         #30
illicitx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mtva24 said:
went to school for my bachelors out of state, no scholarships, total bill was like 99k...my parents covered most of the expenses, but I was stuck w/ $35k...went back to school to get my post-baccalaureate certificate in Accounting this time instate...i accepted every single cent of financial aid i was awarded, that ended up adding on another $18k. My tuition was like 65-70% of my aid money, the rest were refund checks that I pretty much blew...paid rent, bought clothes, food, alcohol etc...
Did you know you wanted to do accounting before you went out of state?

You could get high paid accounting jobs by going to an instate school and maintaining a high GPA.

Sounds like a waste to pay 100k and then go back post school to get a degree in accounting?
 6 years ago '09        #31
mtva24 224 heat pts224
space
space
 illicitx said:
Did you know you wanted to do accounting before you went out of state?

You could get high paid accounting jobs by going to an instate school and maintaining a high GPA.

Sounds like a waste to pay 100k and then go back post school to get a degree in accounting?
na i was pretty much was one of those 18 year olds that went to school just because your told to...went mostly for the experience...my bro and sis both went to school out of state, so i kind of followed their footsteps...if i could do it all over again, i would have went comm college to bsba accounting, but oh well, you live and learn
 6 years ago '09        #32
mtva24 224 heat pts224
space
space
 ra1n said:
^ I suspect your monthly loan payments are ridiculous
Havent paid them yet...went back to school and had in school deferment, just graduated in May so I won't have to start paying until November. I did consolidate my loans for a lower interest rate before I went back to school. If it gets bad, i will throw them into forbearance...if i cant get a forbearance, I'll just go back to school, 6 credits a semester is all it takes to get that in school deferment
 6 years ago '04        #33
EvilKokonut 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$669 | Props total: 0 0
I am going to be about 150k in debt when I finish pharmacy school haha. Good thing we make 100k+ straight out after that or I'd be done for.
 6 years ago '09        #34
mtva24 224 heat pts224
space
space
 ra1n said:
^ do you know how much they wanted you to pay monthly?

I have a friend that took out about 20k and is paying around 200/mo
I'm in an income contingent repayment plan so $60.47

Last edited by mtva24; 07-14-2011 at 10:56 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #35
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,337 | Props total: 403 403
 Cap Peeler said:
I owe about 50K... I know I'm gonna do good after I graduate but I'm joining the Army so they pay this sh*t off instead.

I would say that the debt was well worth it though... I feel like the best investment is the one that you make on yourself and I certainly did that. I know I'll make it through at the end of the day
 6 years ago '05        #36
bigbadblu1914 
space
space
$671 | Props total: 0 0
 EvilKokonut said:
I am going to be about 150k in debt when I finish pharmacy school haha. Good thing we make 100k+ straight out after that or I'd be done for.
that is if all hell doest break loose...i wanted to be a clinical psychologist and got my degree in psychology, now mental health funding is 60% less of what it was
 6 years ago '07        #37
nwadei 34 heat pts34
space
space
$4,394 | Props total: 1 1
Another thing, its pointless to go out of state unless thats the only way to get access to one's desired degree program. In that situation, the state usually will pay for the difference in tuition costs. For example most of the south eastern states are in what is called the Southern Academic Common Market which does this. But in order to qualify, one has to be seeking a degree that is not provided by the public schools in their home state. This combined with work study, campus jobs, or coop/internship program will always take care of the costs. There is no reason that anyone should be graduating with more than 40k in debt for just their bachelors unless maybe they go to a private school. But for those people that intend on going to graduate school, attending a private school for the first degree is kind of a waste since good grades, a good test score, and research experience can take you just about anywhere you want go to get your masters/PhD.
 6 years ago '04        #38
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
 ra1n said:
serious question, what did you guys buy with your loans? did you guys pay rent with them?

I know all that money didn't go straight to tuition ;)
After I left northern iowa where I went to school for free I decided to go to a private college for a year and that's what completely screwed me up. At least 35k are from that school . But you right, I did borrow 8 gs to vacation around south america and spain

But its all good I'm a math major I know im gonna do good at the end if the day
 6 years ago '08        #39
shush456 
space
space
$1,599 | Props total: 59 59
People need to take REAL MAJORS.. The engineering dude i feel bad for but the rest of these ppl are getting masters in a field that doesnt matter... Yo college is a business so ur getting the short end regardless paying for a piece of paper saying verifying u completed their program.. So atleast get something relavent.. Dont be scared to change majors in the middle fo ur sh*t if u see ur not gonna make money... I use to laugh at Liberal Art majors but they atleast have time to figure out there major... I got my masters in User Interface Design and i do web design for a major company.. I starting doing Computer Systems and then saw what the internet was becoming so i switched up
 6 years ago '04        #40
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
Just because you go to school doesn't mean you are automatically entitled to making good money...sorry thats not the way it works. Does it increase your chances, sure, but doesn't mean you get it automatically.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
71 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
85 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
83 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
84 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
34 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
56 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
187 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy