Wanting to open a hookah bar?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
52 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
33 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
63 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #1
7376 pageviews
13 comments

old-skool 97 heat pts97
space
space
$4,130 | Props total: 1360 1360
Wanting to open a hookah bar?

I want to open a hookah bar in jersey. Need some tips on where to begin this? Anyone from jersey here who knows the laws on smoking in lounge or w.e? What kind of licenses would I need? How much money would I need to begin this? I'm guessing $50-80k? Would I have to save up my own money or is there a way a bank can loan me this? I'm guessing that would be really hard to do?

Just need a nice little location where i can have up to 50+ people at a time. With hookah and stuff. I live around rutgurs new brunswick so I think that area would be perfect for location? College students love smoking.

There are 2 main hookah bars around that area. Sultana and Fire n Ice. And they both suck Imo and lot of other people I know don't like them either. But since people have nothing else to do or are under 21 they go there. And the quality sucks and its expensive. If I offer less prices and better quality hookahs I think it would work out good. Because all these hookah shops have same flavors. I Have 3 of my own hookahs and everyone that smokes with me enjoys the flavors and hookah session 100x more than these hookah bars. I order flavors my friends have never heard of and they love it. I think If I brought that to my hookah bar it would be perfect.

I just need some information on how to begin this? someone who owns a business or something please help me out on how to begin my own hookah bar/ lounge. any inside tips or what I should do to follow this path.

13 comments for "Wanting to open a hookah bar?"

6 years ago '05        #2
blaznfor20 242 heat pts242
space
space
$2,471 | Props total: 51 51
fu*k smoking hookah no one does that sh*t
 6 years ago '04        #3
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,808 | Props total: 1466 1466
 blaznfor20 said:
fu*k smoking hookah no one does that sh*t
n*gga to grown a.ss people this sh*t is stupid as fu*k... but to college teens and 18-25 people they dedicate their lives to that sh*t... we got a few hookah bars around this college town, and those bi*ches stay packed...
 6 years ago '07        #4
Spoken210 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,670 | Props total: 0 0
 egotistical said:
n*gga to grown a.ss people this sh*t is stupid as fu*k... but to college teens and 18-25 people they dedicate their lives to that sh*t... we got a few hookah bars around this college town, and those bi*ches stay packed...
yeah for sure,annnnd they stay open til 4am when the clubs and bars close you still can go there
 07-25-2011, 12:01 AM         #5
yg23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
OK so they buy a hookah n it last for a hour max.

that's like 15 bucks....

So are you going to have food and drinks there, n have 1 item minimum?
 6 years ago '04        #6
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
Alot of the ones around my school closed down. My school has alot of Indians as well. I guess they all have their own hookah.
 6 years ago '08        #7
moe356 1 heat pts
space
space
$723 | Props total: 1 1
location location location, if you know your hookah is going to be presented "good" to every one of your customers the way you make it etc.etc stick with it... al fakher and starbuzz flavours only take my advice on that ...but if you know 100% u make good hookah then do it...should cost you about 50-80K , buy only khalil hookahs they last longer and very good hookah..dont put alcohol causes problems in a lounge, put beer instead...but before you get into it, start looking at location location location...becuase you dont want to make one false move and sit on a bad location then all your money will be burned because of that. if you need more help pm me, i can give you good tips. i know that scene very well thats why im speaking it to you straight up.
 6 years ago '07        #8
peppaboy318 
space
space
$743 | Props total: 1 1
I've been looking at the same possibility. I don't think you should sink that much money into the business from start up. The Hooka setups don't cost that much. The main thing you should be spending money on would be your certs and licenses from your local officials. I would say the next thing would be rent. You can dec the place out with inexpensive decor. Once you get a good buzz, then you should look at spending the 50-80k. It's still a medium recession so I just don't want you to jump in to deep and not be able to get your head above water. You should start small. The best thing you can do is recruit a lot of females and you'll buzz from there.

Like I said I've been looking into this. It seems like a lot of older people are out smoking to me. The people who don't want to smoke cigs, but can't blow that illegal. So I don't know where you guys live, but in ATL. I went to one and it was hella females in the spot. It's a cool spot yu can take a lil female to and converse with here. Handle your biz though man. Best of luck 2 ya!
 6 years ago '06        #9
qnz raw pusha 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,926 | Props total: 390 390
on steinway st in queens theres like 100 hookah bars on the strip the arabs love that ish lol
 6 years ago '09        #10
gudder boy 
space
space
space
$26 | Props total: 0 0
Location is really key like moe356 said, but also knowing the proper laws, certificates and ventilation system you need to have are critical. Worst thing you want that can happen is you get your business up and running and you have to shut down because you are violating a law in the state/area. So do homework before investing any money into it.

You also want to have enough money to pay your expenses without foreshadowing any revenue for at least 4-6 months. That way, if things fail you have a exit plan and you're not stressing or worrying about not paying rent, monthly expenses etc but hopefully it wont get to that point. Marketing it out to females would be the best thing because men will go anywhere females are, so roping in the females is the key. Try and have a secure place where they feel comfortable going to. (Comfy couches, seating etc.)

Lastly, having good customer service, good vibes goes a long way. If you buy one pipe wholesale for say $15. That one pipe alone can make say 10 heads of shisha. At a rate of $10 a head, you're looking at $100 flip off that one pipe. Now if you got say 5-10 pipes going around in an hour? You do the math. Now add drinks and refreshments to the mix and you can make some decent money.

Hope that helps a bit, sorry for the hookah terminology, if you didn't understand anything i said feel free to ask me to clarify and i'm more than happy to. I have this knowledge because my cousin runs a shop and he's doing really well.

Thanks
 6 years ago '11        #11
GetuOne 73 heat pts73
space
space
$4,475 | Props total: 6 6
 gudder boy said:
Location is really key like moe356 said, but also knowing the proper laws, certificates and ventilation system you need to have are critical. Worst thing you want that can happen is you get your business up and running and you have to shut down because you are violating a law in the state/area. So do homework before investing any money into it.

You also want to have enough money to pay your expenses without foreshadowing any revenue for at least 4-6 months. That way, if things fail you have a exit plan and you're not stressing or worrying about not paying rent, monthly expenses etc but hopefully it wont get to that point. Marketing it out to females would be the best thing because men will go anywhere females are, so roping in the females is the key. Try and have a secure place where they feel comfortable going to. (Comfy couches, seating etc.)

Lastly, having good customer service, good vibes goes a long way. If you buy one pipe wholesale for say $15. That one pipe alone can make say 10 heads of shisha. At a rate of $10 a head, you're looking at $100 flip off that one pipe. Now if you got say 5-10 pipes going around in an hour? You do the math. Now add drinks and refreshments to the mix and you can make some decent money.

Hope that helps a bit, sorry for the hookah terminology, if you didn't understand anything i said feel free to ask me to clarify and i'm more than happy to. I have this knowledge because my cousin runs a shop and he's doing really well.

Thanks
Ummm, i don't know what Hookah bars you go to but nobody pays 100 to smoke shisha, especially 100 split between 10 heads I go to a hooka bar here in Chicago and I pay 20 for the bowl and that's it. You can smoke it all yourself or split it 10 ways. No Hookah bar charges per head
 6 years ago '06        #12
hooligun 12 heat pts12
space
space
$20,301 | Props total: 538 538
yeah hookah is mainly for high school and college preppies.. sh*t is stupid though but hey i ain't gonna knock your hustle.
 6 years ago '04        #13
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,808 | Props total: 1466 1466
 hooligun said:
yeah hookah is mainly for high school and college preppies.. sh*t is stupid though but hey i ain't gonna knock your hustle.
LMFAO... this comment had me rollin... those are the main muthafu*kers that spend money... if rapper said "fu*k the high school college preppies"... nobody would even buy their albums... that category is the best category those muthafu*kers will suppose you for generations...
 6 years ago '09        #14
gudder boy 
space
space
space
$26 | Props total: 0 0
 GetuOne said:
Ummm, i don't know what Hookah bars you go to but nobody pays 100 to smoke shisha, especially 100 split between 10 heads I go to a hooka bar here in Chicago and I pay 20 for the bowl and that's it. You can smoke it all yourself or split it 10 ways. No Hookah bar charges per head
Hey buddy, I meant 'head' not as a human head but as the 'head' of the pipe as in the 'top' of the pipe. Which in your case is the 'bowl'. I know some people use the term 'head' as in 'one person' sorry for the confusion. So buying 1 unit of whole sale tobacco for $15 dollars can make you up to 10 'bowls'. So in your case, if you're getting charged $20 dollars a bowl (at your place in Chicago) you'd make $200 dollars in revenue (not subtracting the $15 you invested for the tobacco in the first place). Obviously nobody pays $100 dollars to smoke shisha, not reasonable grounds at all and your business would be out for sure.

Again, sorry for the confusion. I knew some people would get mixed up with the terminology. If anybody else didn't understand what I am referring to, I'd gladly try and rephrase once again. Thanks!
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
85 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
1 day ago