Manny Pacquiao: "Floyd Mayweather is my idol, because..." (from March)

most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
150 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
26 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
58 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #141
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,884 | Props total: 8408 8408
 dre03 said:

Glove size and ring size are common negotiations in f!ghts... Many f!ghters have asked for a smaller ring for f!ghters who like to run around the ring to avoid mixing it up... Mayweather is known for this... And Manny asked for the gloves he always f!ghts with... Floyd always f!ghts with bigger gloves cuz of his pus*y hands... Manny dont want to f!ght with them big a.ss gloves...
I couldn't care less about why manny wants the gloves and ring (although he wants it for his advantage), it has nothing to do with my point. Both these f!ghters made stipulations for the f!ght and damn near every pro f!ghter does it, and just because you introduce stipulations don't mean your scared of anyone, making stipulations is part of the sport
 6 years ago '10        #142
SoulOnIce 67 heat pts67
space
space
space
$13,782 | Props total: 979 979
The Floyd stans defending at will.

Do yall get paid to defend his a.ss every time?

6 years ago '07        #143
Mr. Moses 
space
space
$4,418 | Props total: 6 6

All that needs to be said. Money about to end this clown once he get off them roids and takes the test.

Last edited by Mr. Moses; 07-13-2011 at 06:47 PM..
 07-13-2011, 07:06 PM         #144
rapalot05 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bernznj said:
Holyfield was caught cheating before, at least Tyson had grounds to ask for testing. What's Mayweather's reason for Olympic style drug testing? Pacquiao's beating bigger f!ghters. He never failed a drug test in his career. BS reasoning.
You're right, he's never tested positive before, but lets be honest, for all the coonery that the Mayweather's exhibit you cannot their knowledge of the sport of boxing, and it is as close to as impossible as it gets to come from the weight class the Pac has come from and have the same speed and more power. I have never accused Pac of being on anything but you cant help but be a little suspicious. Lets go over the facts: He started f!ghting at 106, and as recently as 2007, was still f!ghting under 130. He is now f!ghting at 147 or so and not only is he winning, but he is destroying f!ghters. Now they may not be the top level competition, but lets be honest here, when was the last time you saw a f!ghter move up 30 lbs through the course of his career and when he stopped moving up he was STILL KO'ing guys and they were saying "I'VE NEVER BEEN HIT LIKE THAT BEFORE"? Mosley, Margarito, Clottey are all considered tough f!ghters to hurt or finish, all have fought at 147 or 154 recently and all said the smaller man hit them like nothing they had felt before. How realistic is that? Roy Jones, James Toney, Evander Holyfield, Sugar Ray Leonard all great f!ghters that moved up in weight, some only one division, and all had noticebly less punching power than before they moved up. So forgive me if most people that know anything about boxing think its a little unrealistic that he moved up 7 weight divisions and is punching through people...my apologies
 6 years ago '09        #145
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
$12,268 | Props total: 1397 1397
Holyfield never tested positive for steroids before the Tyson f!ght.
 6 years ago '10        #146
AriGold 171 heat pts171 OP
space
space
$4,832 | Props total: 2221 2221
 rapalot05 said:
You're right, he's never tested positive before, but lets be honest, for all the coonery that the Mayweather's exhibit you cannot their knowledge of the sport of boxing, and it is as close to as impossible as it gets to come from the weight class the Pac has come from and have the same speed and more power. I have never accused Pac of being on anything but you cant help but be a little suspicious. Lets go over the facts: He started f!ghting at 106, and as recently as 2007, was still f!ghting under 130. He is now f!ghting at 147 or so and not only is he winning, but he is destroying f!ghters. Now they may not be the top level competition, but lets be honest here, when was the last time you saw a f!ghter move up 30 lbs through the course of his career and when he stopped moving up he was STILL KO'ing guys and they were saying "I'VE NEVER BEEN HIT LIKE THAT BEFORE"? Mosley, Margarito, Clottey are all considered tough f!ghters to hurt or finish, all have fought at 147 or 154 recently and all said the smaller man hit them like nothing they had felt before. How realistic is that? Roy Jones, James Toney, Evander Holyfield, Sugar Ray Leonard all great f!ghters that moved up in weight, some only one division, and all had noticebly less punching power than before they moved up. So forgive me if most people that know anything about boxing think its a little unrealistic that he moved up 7 weight divisions and is punching through people...my apologies
 6 years ago '10        #147
bernznj 
space
space
space
$22 | Props total: 0 0
 rapalot05 said:
That's true that he started f!ghting at 106, but that was in 1995. His move up in weight was pretty gradual - 106, 112, 118, 126, 130 from 1995-2008, that's twelve years of growth. In 2008 he went from 130-135 to f!ght Diaz and then jumped to 142 to f!ght De La Hoya. He always weighs in lower than the welterweight limit. I don't think he's weighed in more than 145 for a f!ght and that includes the JR. Middleweight f!ght against Margarito.

Is there any other boxer that moved up that much during the course of his career? Mayweather started his amateur career at 106 in 1993 and by the time he fought Sharmba Mitchell in like 05-06 he was at 147. Mayweather started his career in 1993 and in 12-13 years was a full welterweight. Only difference is that pacquiao didn't have an amateur career. People argue that mayweather is a naturally bigger man, but he's really not. He's only an inch and a half bigger. They both lost power in their move up it's their speed that's helping them win f!ghts now. The only person Pacquaio put to sleep was Ricky Hatton. Cotto and De La Hoya couldn't handle his speed. And everyone else at Welterweight went the distance.
 07-13-2011, 08:21 PM         #148
MAY LAY LOW 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
floyd is a defensive f!ghter, manny is a offensive f!ghter, both are great f!ghters, pacman will win simply because of his heart....
 6 years ago '10        #149
bernznj 
space
space
space
$22 | Props total: 0 0
 MAY LAY LOW said:
floyd is a defensive f!ghter, manny is a offensive f!ghter, both are great f!ghters, pacman will win simply because of his heart....
I think Mayweather has heart too. He took Mosley's best punch and still stood toe to toe and was able to shut him out the whole night. I'm still on the fence on who's gonna win.
 6 years ago '09        #150
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
$12,268 | Props total: 1397 1397
Floyd is a bigger man. The length of his arms and the broadness of his shoulders make it so.

Look at Mike Tyson and Roy Jones. Roy is one inch taller, but Mike is the much bigger man because of his broad shoulders and frame.
 6 years ago '05        #151
ChickzNKickz 100 heat pts100
space
space
$10,992 | Props total: 10707 10707
 MAY LAY LOW said:
pacman will win simply because of his heart....

This isn't a episode of Captain Planet...

funniest sh*t I heard all day....
 6 years ago '07        #152
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,337 | Props total: 403 403
 ChickzNKickz said:

It's not funny though. That's the thought process of majority of Pac fan base. Ummmmmmmmmm Pac will win because he is humble, Pac will win because he doesnt brag about money, etc. pretty dumb
 6 years ago '04        #153
jasonrcruz 
space
space
$1,228 | Props total: 1 1
 ChickzNKickz said:

ummmm so are you saying heart isn't important??? Maybe in basketball it doesn't matter but in a f!ght it matters. How did Chavez beat Taylor, holyfield beat bowe, hell if heart wasn't a part of it then gatti would finish his career with 0 wins....oh thats right....your not really a boxing fan...you watched a couple episodes of 24/7
 6 years ago '05        #154
ChickzNKickz 100 heat pts100
space
space
$10,992 | Props total: 10707 10707
 carltouss619 said:
It's not funny though. That's the thought process of majority of Pac fan base. Ummmmmmmmmm Pac will win because he is humble, Pac will win because he doesnt brag about money, etc. pretty dumb
Pac fans practice Ignoratio Elenchi...
 6 years ago '04        #155
jasonrcruz 
space
space
you know if mayweather wasn't on tv with 50 that would cut about 40% of his fans right...I remember watching mayweather/castillo and nobody gave a sh*t about him those times...and thats when he was actually f!ghting contenders
 6 years ago '07        #156
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
 jasonrcruz said:
you know if mayweather wasn't on tv with 50 that would cut about 40% of his fans right...I remember watching mayweather/castillo and nobody gave a sh*t about him those times...and thats when he was actually f!ghting contenders
It can easily be flipped for Pac. According to majority of Pac's fanbase boxing started in 2008. please stfu now
 6 years ago '04        #157
jasonrcruz 
space
space
 carltouss619 said:
It can easily be flipped for Pac. According to majority of Pac's fanbase boxing started in 2008. please stfu now
You gotta be kidding me right...you know the marquez f!ght was in 2004...why don't you leave this discussion to the boxing fans...stick to playing with balls and nets. Mayweathers f!ghts in Grand Rapids Mich. was almost empty lol....just stop
 07-13-2011, 10:16 PM         #158
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
pac fans started starting watching boxing after the cotto win...they dont know sh*t about timing, accuracy, footwork, angles, jabbing, clinching, inf!ghting, feinting etc...

they think u need speed and power...the two most overrated qualities in boxing
 6 years ago '07        #159
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
 jasonrcruz said:
You gotta be kidding me right...you know the marquez f!ght was in 2004...why don't you leave this discussion to the boxing fans...stick to playing with balls and nets. Mayweathers f!ghts in Grand Rapids Mich. was almost empty lol....just stop
If you still don't get my point, I don't know what to say. hey at least I don't have your brain
 6 years ago '04        #160
Lester86 
space
space
$1,709 | Props total: 7 7
 DrX said:
pac fans started starting watching boxing after the cotto win...they dont know sh*t about timing, accuracy, footwork, angles, jabbing, clinching, inf!ghting, feinting etc...

they think u need speed and power...the two most overrated qualities in boxing
i don't know you brother but this statement is stupid as all hell..

speed and power are the most important INNATE qualities that help a boxer become successful...you need one or the other or a good mixture of both. footwork and boxing iq become 2nd tier qualities
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dragon Ball FighterZ Jump Festa 2018 Trailer
39 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
216 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
96 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy